Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Pride/UFC/MMA Thread

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Did any of you guys catch in the Aldo fight when Jose was down and getting beat up, he was sticking his arm up and Cruz (announcing) says "Jose is giving up his arm for the choke but Hollaway wants to keep on punching him".....I found that funny, Jose wanted to get submitted and end it but Hollaway wasn't feeling it
    Quester likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Did any of you guys catch in the Aldo fight when Jose was down and getting beat up, he was sticking his arm up and Cruz (announcing) says "Jose is giving up his arm for the choke but Hollaway wants to keep on punching him".....I found that funny, Jose wanted to get submitted and end it but Hollaway wasn't feeling it
    I watched the highlights on sports center. Missed it cause was on the road for my daughters softball

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I watched the highlights on sports center. Missed it cause was on the road for my daughters softball
    Ya man Jose was giving up, Dom was pretty funny

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Ya man Jose was giving up, Dom was pretty funny
    looking forward to tonight's card. Are you gonna watch it BG?

BG
    looking forward to tonight's card. Are you gonna watch it BG?
    Yes sir. Is it good? I tried to look it up but all found was two girls are the main card?

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Yes sir. Is it good? I tried to look it up but all found was two girls are the main card?
    Look here and ya it looks pretty good

UFC Fight Night 110 - Hunt vs. Lewis

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Robbie lawlwer VS Rory McDonald 2 was one of the best fights I have ever seen.
    BG likes this.

I thought last night fight card was pretty good. Nice to see some of these up comers. Hunt sure can hit hard

BG
    I thought last night fight card was pretty good. Nice to see some of these up comers. Hunt sure can hit hard
    Yes some good knock outs but I was a little let down that Hunt didn't try harder for a knock out. Boy I can't believe Lewis retired just as he made it that far and sounds like Mark is close also. Man I remember watching Hunt in Pride and K1 when I was in my 20's. I'm glad he won at home and was able to get all that applause, he really deserves it. Sounded like if he lost he would have retired.

How about that July 8th........fully stacked!
    Last edited by BG; 06-11-2017 at 10:30 AM.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    Robbie lawlwer VS Rory McDonald 2 was one of the best fights I have ever seen.
    Yes great fight but after getting his ass kicked by Woodly Rory isn't the same. You can even see it in his Bellator fight.

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover

I have an app called ug lite....it has a lot of mma news or headlines..and it also shoe the events comin up and who's on the cards

It was a good card with virtually no names on there...except the main event
    BG likes this.

Yes some good knock outs but I was a little let down that Hunt didn't try harder for a knock out. Boy I can't believe Lewis retired just as he made it that far and sounds like Mark is close !
    That really surprised me...he was definitely on the rise..just seemed weird to retire...
    I was waitin for mark to close it out too but who knows how much gas he had left...plus Lewis was still throwing bombs like crazy

Hunt did get the knock out in the fourth round. Did I miss something ?
    TRA likes this.

BG
    Hunt did get the knock out in the fourth round. Did I miss something ?
    It was a ref stoppage, Lewis was turning away from Hunt.........

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac82 View Post
    That really surprised me...he was definitely on the rise..just seemed weird to retire...
    It takes a lot to do what they do at that level. It takes over their lives and you can tell Lewis is a good fighter, but he doesnt look like he is into exercise or diet. He lost so he would have to fight backwards and I bet he didnt want to put the effort into it. He probably made enough money to get his life half situated and is good with that......just my thinking
    MuscleScience likes this.

It takes a lot to do what they do at that level. It takes over their lives and you can tell Lewis is a good fighter, but he doesnt look like he is into exercise or diet. He lost so he would have to fight backwards and I bet he didnt want to put the effort into it. He probably made enough money to get his life half situated and is good with that......just my thinking
    I can see that...definitely how it puts a toll on his personal life...
    But I don't think he have to win too many time to be right back in it...2x maybe...he lost to mitrione when he was on a come up then got right back into it...but who knows lol
    Guy was athletic as hell though lol

It was a ref stoppage, Lewis was turning away from Hunt.........
    Ok that makes more sense i missed the end and just saw the results!!

BG

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You guys think McGregor will be able to land a punch against Mayweather?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    You guys think McGregor will be able to land a punch against Mayweather?
    Honestly I dont think it will make the 3rd round. Everything is against Mayweather. He's old, he cant knock out Conner, he has never fought someone who moves like McGregor and most of all, has never fought somebody who can switch stances. Southpaws have been able to get a straight left in on Floyd, he's not going to be able to handle that bomb, he's never been hit as hard as Conner punch's. Im saving money and if McGregor ends up the underdog Im betting all I got, I screwed up and didnt bet on Nunez/Rousey fight, I lost out on easy money.

Blog Entries
    Honestly I dont think it will make the 3rd round. Everything is against Mayweather. He's old, he cant knock out Conner, he has never fought someone who moves like McGregor and most of all, has never fought somebody who can switch stances. Southpaws have been able to get a straight left in on Floyd, he's not going to be able to handle that bomb, he's never been hit as hard as Conner punch's. Im saving money and if McGregor ends up the underdog Im betting all I got, I screwed up and didnt bet on Nunez/Rousey fight, I lost out on easy money.
    I've been trolling a few boxing forums to get the reactions and such as I find this fight probably for most intriguing "boxing," fight I've wanted to watch since
    Jones Jr. fought Ruiz at heavy weight.

People are like the Causal fan wanted to see this fight sure, but the hardcore boxing fan thinks it's a travesty. Which I have been saying back, is that the whole problem with boxing now is like 5 total hardcore boxing fans left. Because most fans are tired or 47 weight divisions with 17 undefeated champions across 17 different organizations and nobody wants to fight good competition.

I mean for god sakes it took 10 years for Paq and Floyd to fight.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

I think Connar will gas unless he can connect early vs Mayweather. Mayweathers game plan is always to just out point his opponent. Though I will probably watch this fight I think we are going to be disappointed. I would love to se Mayweather lose though

BG
    I think Connar will gas unless he can connect early vs Mayweather. Mayweathers game plan is always to just out point his opponent. Though I will probably watch this fight I think we are going to be disappointed. I would love to se Mayweather lose though
    I dont think this will happen, Conner wont gas, this will be a walk in the park, no wrestling, no other worries other then little punch's. He went to war with Nate for 5 rounds.........this is nothing. I'll take bets here hahahahaha
    I've been trolling a few boxing forums to get the reactions and such as I find this fight probably for most intriguing "boxing," fight I've wanted to watch since
    Jones Jr. fought Ruiz at heavy weight.

People are like the Causal fan wanted to see this fight sure, but the hardcore boxing fan thinks it's a travesty. Which I have been saying back, is that the whole problem with boxing now is like 5 total hardcore boxing fans left. Because most fans are tired or 47 weight divisions with 17 undefeated champions across 17 different organizations and nobody wants to fight good competition.

I mean for god sakes it took 10 years for Paq and Floyd to fight.
    Very true about boxing and its not scored fairly. I actually started to watch it a I think a year or so ago, I saw an Irish get his ass kicked by some un-known Mexican guy and they gave the fight to the "upcoming" Irish. I was so let down I swore I would never watch boxing again. Yes the take easy fights and it ruined the sport, its a damn shame, they need to unify all those divisions and organizations or it will just get worst.

Hey what are boxing fans saying about who will win??

I dont think this will happen, Conner wont gas, this will be a walk in the park, no wrestling, no other worries other then little punch's. He went to war with Nate for 5 rounds.........this is nothing. I'll take bets win??
    Bro I really hope your right

BG
    Bro I really hope your right
    Me too.......me too. It would be horrible if he lost, but if you watch Mayweather fight.......he's got nothing for Conner. He better work on his foot work and hire some mma strikers so he's can defend somebody switcing stances. Man he doesnt move much in the ring, Conner is going to light him up hehehehehe

Me too.......me too. It would be horrible if he lost, but if you watch Mayweather fight.......he's got nothing for Conner. He better work on his foot work and hire some mma strikers so he's can defend somebody switcing stances. Man he doesnt move much in the ring, Conner is going to light him up hehehehehe
    I would like to see Connor punch right through his cover up and ko him. We all know how Mayweather fights he will stick and move trying to just out point his opponent
    BG likes this.

Blog Entries
    I dont think this will happen, Conner wont gas, this will be a walk in the park, no wrestling, no other worries other then little punch's. He went to war with Nate for 5 rounds.........this is nothing. I'll take bets here hahahahaha

Very true about boxing and its not scored fairly. I actually started to watch it a I think a year or so ago, I saw an Irish get his ass kicked by some un-known Mexican guy and they gave the fight to the "upcoming" Irish. I was so let down I swore I would never watch boxing again. Yes the take easy fights and it ruined the sport, its a damn shame, they need to unify all those divisions and organizations or it will just get worst.

Hey what are boxing fans saying about who will win??
    They don't even give Conner a punchers chance. They think as if MMA athletes never box. I think in my mind, to watch for not only punches, but kicks, take downs and submissions. Conner has an advantage in that he only has to focus now on one dimension of the fight. That and the amount of cardio it takes to grapple and so on. Puts him at an advantage given that Floyd is 40 years old.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

BG
    Oh boy! They are going to be so let down!

I watched a bunch of McGregor videos last night, he's so nasty
    They don't even give Conner a punchers chance. They think as if MMA athletes never box. I think in my mind, to watch for not only punches, but kicks, take downs and submissions. Conner has an advantage in that he only has to focus now on one dimension of the fight. That and the amount of cardio it takes to grapple and so on. Puts him at an advantage given that Floyd is 40 years old.

Oh boy! They are going to be so let down!

I watched a bunch of McGregor videos last night, he's so nasty
    Whay i really like about him is he backs up everything he says. He talks a lot of trash but goes in there and never really has let us down!!

BG
    Whay i really like about him is he backs up everything he says. He talks a lot of trash but goes in there and never really has let us down!!
    For sure and precise predictions.....

BG
    BTW Im so stoked about Bellator!!!

BTW Im so stoked about Bellator!!!
    I am jealous!!! Have a blast

BG
    I am jealous!!! Have a blast
    Thanks we will, it my wifes B-day Thursday, what a great husband I am to get her mma tickets

Blog Entries
    Thanks we will, it my wifes B-day Thursday, what a great husband I am to get her mma tickets
    Is that the fight with Fedor in it?

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    I have nothing to add except I wrestled with UFC Champ Matt Hughes and his brother back in the day. Also, McGregor's Baboon eating a heart chest tattoo is fantastic.

Hughes had unbelievable cardio and core strength beyond belief. I could out muscle him for a couple minutes bout would be completely gassed out from the adrenaline dump. He NEVER gassed out. It was like he had an extra set of lungs. I never beat him but I scored a few takedowns. It was pretty fucking crazy stepping on the matt with him knowing it was only a matter of time before he handed you your ass. Fun times. He knew a lot more than you saw on UFC. He taught me some crazy freestyle rolling takedowns that I used against opponents with great success. Such a crazy combo of technical skill, cardio, and strength. You couldn't beat the guy... I watched him hand skilled heavyweights their ass in under a minutes.

I'm drinking so sorry if this was off topic.
    MuscleScience and BG like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar5Utgtu0UY

Hughes used to pull this move out of nowhere. He wasn't just an elite Grecko Roman wrestler. He was also a highly skilled Sambo and Freestyle practitioner. Good luck staying upright with grecko roman/freestlye/sambo practitioner. I was better than most because I trained all three styles, I was able to beat a state champ in practice. I gave up on it though because it consumed ALL of my time. To be the best in wrestling you're training around the clock everyday.

I wish I stuck with it though. I beat two guys (on several occasions) who eventually won scholarships and had college fully paid for. I went to a BJJ class and rolled with a black belt. I'm not saying I could beat him but having the abilitiy to deadlift 600+ pounds and reflexes from years of practicing hip placement/ arm drags/ etc. I felt pretty comfortable. BJJ guys love to tell wrestlers they're weak on their back. My freestyle background gave me confidence rolling on my back. I could get the hell out of that position pretty quick if I wanted. Faced with a submission from inside the guard of a BJJ guy on his back... HAHAHAHAH!

SLAM!!!!!! Lights out. The guy I was rolling with wasn't able to submit me, I'm not sure how hard he was trying though. All I could think was how easily I could've slammed him. I didn't out of respect. But in a real fight? Good luck getting slammed on the pavement. That's not going to end well for mister fancy submission guy.
    Last edited by F4iGuy; 06-22-2017 at 12:16 AM.

I believe strength is trumped by skill in most scenarios. I wouldn't even consider stepping in a cage with a highly skilled MMA fighter. I wonder how long a 250 pound bodybuilder would last against a guy like Demetrious Johnson? How much weight could that guy give up in a fight?

I used to love getting in fights. I had a bad temper that I've learned to control. I look at fighting differently now. The hardest part about fighting is when to stop... how bad does the opponent need to be hurt before you know they'll stop coming at you? Where does it end? Will they come back with a weapon? Are you going to get jumped?
    Last edited by F4iGuy; 06-22-2017 at 12:02 AM.

My Dad told me about a fight he was involved in as a bouncer. He hit a guy and caved in his cheekbone. I didn't even think that was possible. Can you imagine how messed up you'd feel knowing you did that to somebody?
    Last edited by F4iGuy; 06-21-2017 at 11:50 PM.

I'm getting old! I just shared the "Back in my day" tough guy stories.
    Last edited by F4iGuy; 06-21-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    I'm getting old! I just shared the "Back in my day" tough guy stories.
    Haha, you are getting old.

My buddy got into a fight outside of a bar with a dude high on coke or pcp or something. I came charging in and blasted the guy with a punch that I surely thought would KO him, he fell and hit his head on the corner of a concrete barrier. I though I had killed him and was going to jail initially. The guy popped up like that scene out of dumb and dumber where the karate dude was beating the shit out of loyd. He Looked me straight in the eye with blood squirting out of his for head, And turned and went back to beating on my friend.

The cops were there watching the whole time then arrested the dude when the fight eventually stopped. Come to find out the dude fought like an entire table of dudes in the bar after he hit one of the girls in the group. On they way out the door he decided to start beating on my friend who was just walking in to meet us for a game. Two scariest moments of my life that night, first thinking I killed a dude and second a dude taking the very best shot I had and the concrete and still didn't phase him.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 06-22-2017 at 06:21 AM.
    BG and F4iGuy like this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information