Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47
  1. #1
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223

    What is so horrible with milk?

    I dont understand why milk is so bad
    it has alot of carbs in it but the carbs are pretty low gi so why are they sp bad? and the protein is excelent and if drinking skim milk the fat is almost non existant. Isnt 1-2 liters of milk a day a excelent way of getting a extra 70g protein a day while bulking

  2. #2
    bad_man's Avatar
    bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    What's a rusty trombone?
    Posts
    2,540
    It's the sugar. Someone here once described it as a soft drink with calcium. I don't know who deserves credit for that, but I've used it a few times.

  3. #3
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    The carbs in milk are all sugar carbs. It's a way to get 70-80 grams of protein and an equal if not more amount of grams of sugar. It also makes many people bloated. Ixnay on the milknay.

  4. #4
    Beernutz's Avatar
    Beernutz is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    829
    i too wondered the same thing a few months back, so i did some research and i read that there are certain sugars in milk that the body has a hard time digesting without the storage of fat. The same article also stated it all depends on the person drinking it. Some pple can drink it and not have any problems while others will hinder fat loss and may even gain fat by drinking it.

  5. #5
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    well I guess lactos is a sugar but it still has low gi? Just like fructos is a sugar with low gi. Whats wrong with sugar as long as the gi is low?

  6. #6
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    i too wondered the same thing a few months back, so i did some research and i read that there are certain sugars in milk that the body has a hard time digesting without the storage of fat. The same article also stated it all depends on the person drinking it. Some pple can drink it and not have any problems while others will hinder fat loss and may even gain fat by drinking it.
    interesting didnt know that

  7. #7
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    well I guess lactos is a sugar but it still has low gi? Just like fructos is a sugar with low gi. Whats wrong with sugar as long as the gi is low?
    It's still sugar. It doesn't matter sometimes how high the GI is. It's still carbs as well, and when you have a well planned out diet, timing of carbs is probably the most essential factor. All that milk can add another 100 carbs to a diet. Even when bulking, milk can be more efficiently replaced with better sources of carbs.

  8. #8
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Has a lot to do with glucose concentration, effect on liver glycogen levels, etc...

  9. #9
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    16,350
    Milk.................. it makes a body fat..............
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

    Why the Police will Kick your ass

  10. #10
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Milk.................. it makes a body fat..............
    Slogan of the month.

  11. #11
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    It's still sugar. It doesn't matter sometimes how high the GI is. It's still carbs as well, and when you have a well planned out diet, timing of carbs is probably the most essential factor. All that milk can add another 100 carbs to a diet. Even when bulking, milk can be more efficiently replaced with better sources of carbs.
    hum ok. But is the timing of everything so crucial when bulking as when cutting? I could not keep my sanity eating super clen all year round and not enjoy anything while bulking. So would 1-2 liters of milk be horribly bad for me while bulking? I can handle milk very good I think, I never get any kind of bloat from milk.

  12. #12
    Bcrown1's Avatar
    Bcrown1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    278

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Milk.................. it makes a body fat..............


    LOL...

  13. #13
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Milk.................. it makes a body fat..............


    LOL good one




    Mike

  14. #14
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Also I dont fully understand this.

    It's still sugar. It doesn't matter sometimes how high the GI is
    I thought GI was the most important thing about carbs? What else has any importance realy?

  15. #15
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Also I dont fully understand this.



    I thought GI was the most important thing about carbs? What else has any importance realy?
    Has a lot to do with glucose concentration, effect on liver glycogen levels, type of carb, etc...

  16. #16
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    If you have to have milk in your diet.... use that carb countdown milk that people use on the atkins diet. It is made with splenda and only has 3g of carbs per serving and 12g of protein. It is pricey though


    Mike

  17. #17
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by daman1
    Has a lot to do with glucose concentration, effect on liver glycogen levels, type of carb, etc...
    know any good site where i can read upp on carbs effects and that goes deeper then just GI? In sweden the GI system is undoubted and the leading nutritionist in the country is preaching it like gospel he more or less claims that the only important thing is the GI and that low GI is always better then high GI unless its post workout

  18. #18
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    know any good site where i can read upp on carbs effects and that goes deeper then just GI? In sweden the GI system is undoubted and the leading nutritionist in the country is preaching it like gospel he more or less claims that the only important thing is the GI and that low GI is always better then high GI unless its post workout
    Just use a search engine and check it out.

    www.google.com

  19. #19
    promiscio is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    544
    The Carb Countdown Milk is pretty good, twice the protein of regular milk and only 3g of Carbs.

  20. #20
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129
    I drink three cups of chocolate milk every night...it is low carb Atkins with 12 grns protein per cup....so 36 grms protein and only 16 grms of carbs...Peace

  21. #21
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    I drink three cups of chocolate milk every night...it is low carb Atkins with 12 grns protein per cup....so 36 grms protein and only 16 grms of carbs...Peace



    It is "Atkins Aproved"..... the actual brand is Carb Countdown or something like that.


    Mike

  22. #22
    Bcrown1's Avatar
    Bcrown1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    I drink three cups of chocolate milk every night...it is low carb Atkins with 12 grns protein per cup....so 36 grms protein and only 16 grms of carbs...Peace

    What's the fat content on this stuff?

  23. #23
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcrown1
    What's the fat content on this stuff?


    The regular milk is available in a 0 fat version..... but they have full fat milk too.


    Mike

  24. #24
    Bcrown1's Avatar
    Bcrown1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Tx.
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    The regular milk is available in a 0 fat version..... but they have full fat milk too.


    Mike


    Thanks Bro.

  25. #25
    Woodrow's Avatar
    Woodrow is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    89
    Guess I am lucky, I have zero desire to drink milk.

  26. #26
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
    Guess I am lucky, I have zero desire to drink milk.
    same here

  27. #27
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    nothing like a liter of milk to finish if a big meal of meat and potatoes ahh. thats life!

  28. #28
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    It's the sugar. Someone here once described it as a soft drink with calcium. I don't know who deserves credit for that, but I've used it a few times.

    thank you very much

  29. #29
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    Not much!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bcrown1
    What's the fat content on this stuff?
    2grms per cup

  30. #30
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Sounds like you really want it for part of the bulking time, so hey, if you do then go for it. Reason upon reason surface as to why it's an inferior choice to many other options, but you keep makin' room for "but", "but", so just have some and know that when you cut, there are no "but's".

    ~SC~

  31. #31
    Danielle's Avatar
    Danielle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Yorker
    Posts
    1,565
    how about soy milk, guys..........is it any better for you or no?

  32. #32
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Hey, you said the "S" word!!!

    Guys, GET HER!!!

    ~SC~

  33. #33
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546

  34. #34
    LilVito469's Avatar
    LilVito469 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    1,315
    i heard of this milk from a guy who works with me thats gonna come out soon, i dunno if there is any truth to this he could just be pullin my leg but its supposedly containing like 30 grams of protein and only 3 grams of carbs. its more expensive, supposedly a half gallon costs about the same as a gallon of regular milk

  35. #35
    Speed Trials's Avatar
    Speed Trials is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    122
    I've been seeing ads all over the place for this stuff called Carb Countdown, which has 3g of carbs and 12g of protein per serving. I don't know if that's the stuff LilVito is referring to, but it seems like a good substitute for milk while bulking.

  36. #36
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Sounds like you really want it for part of the bulking time, so hey, if you do then go for it. Reason upon reason surface as to why it's an inferior choice to many other options, but you keep makin' room for "but", "but", so just have some and know that when you cut, there are no "but's".

    ~SC~
    lol thats true. I love the stuff

  37. #37
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Trials
    I've been seeing ads all over the place for this stuff called Carb Countdown, which has 3g of carbs and 12g of protein per serving. I don't know if that's the stuff LilVito is referring to, but it seems like a good substitute for milk while bulking.
    Now that I would drink if:

    A) It wasn't chocked full of sugar alcohols.
    B) Didn't bloat the hell out of me.
    C) Didn't taste like saccharin.
    D) Was drizzled on my testicles by 30 nubile virgins.

    D is negotiable. The rest aren't.

  38. #38
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Now that I would drink if:

    A) It wasn't chocked full of sugar alcohols.
    B) Didn't bloat the hell out of me.
    C) Didn't taste like saccharin.
    D) Was drizzled on my testicles by 30 nubile virgins.

    D is negotiable. The rest aren't.

  39. #39
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129
    By the way Johan....I am bulking now through winter...I plan on entering the Mr Louisiana 2005' at around 245lbs ripped!!!

  40. #40
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Now that I would drink if:

    A) It wasn't chocked full of sugar alcohols.
    B) Didn't bloat the hell out of me.
    C) Didn't taste like saccharin.
    D) Was drizzled on my testicles by 30 nubile virgins.

    D is negotiable. The rest aren't.


    you have testicles?! NO WAY!@

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •