Do I need to adjust my Arimidex Dosage?

Just got my latest test results back and the good news is my E2, which was 167 about 6 weeks ago, is now down to 47. I've been taking .50mg of Arimidex EOD; will that continue to bring my E2 numbers down over time or do I need to up the dosage to get me the rest of the way?

FYI- Previous Total Test was 1132 on 200mg of Test Cyp weekly. I've since lowered it to 180mg weekly and now it's 923.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Good job on getting that lowered, Forrest!

If it were me, I'd back off to .50mg x 2/wk at this stage. You can dial it in to the 30's now and really get things balanced out! I'd even consider dropping your Test dosage down to 150mg/wk, which would probably still keep at or above 800 on your score.

Can't remember, but are you also taking HCG ?

Glad you mentioned HCG , that's my next step. Any suggestions?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to work with on a continuous basis to compliment your TRT program.

You take it subcutaneously with insulin needles. (I know you wanted 22g, but you're just going to have to go with the small & easy needles on this.) I would start out with 250iu x 2/wk to start. Maybe bump it to 3x/wk or 300iu x 2/wk after you get it dialed in.

Keep in mind that HCG will help increase some endogenous test production, so it's a good idea to lower your exogenous testosterone dosage even more. For me, I can count on at least another 200 points to my score just from the HCG. Everyone is different, but if I were you I'd probably lower your weekly cyp between 100mg-to-125mg if adding HCG to the mix. Run another set of labs in 6 to 8 weeks and adjust accordingly.

Have you noticed any atrophy issues since starting TRT? If your LH has been low for any significant amount of time, your nuts are going to love you!!!

eregitano is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    Just got my latest test results back and the good news is my E2, which was 167 about 6 weeks ago, is now down to 47. I've been taking .50mg of Arimidex EOD; will that continue to bring my E2 numbers down over time or do I need to up the dosage to get me the rest of the way?

FYI- Previous Total Test was 1132 on 200mg of Test Cyp weekly. I've since lowered it to 180mg weekly and now it's 923.
    those numbers are very good! I'm curious as a new armidex user if you've noticed anything like pimples on the shoulders or erectile issues with lowering your E levels with Adex? Thanks.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    agree with vette either .5 twice a week or .25 eod...youre e is acceptable where its at imo but just outside the golden range by popular belief/experience...when youre close i'd value more of your feelings/symptoms/wellness when you get this close NUMBERWISE...
    makes sense
    just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Have you noticed any atrophy issues since starting TRT? If your LH has been low for any significant amount of time, your nuts are going to love you!!!
    Hard to say since my testis almost seemed a bit enlarged prior to my beginning TRT. They didn't hurt or anything, other than the general discomfort of their size being obtrusive at times however, since I've been on TRT, they seem to have reverted to normal size, perhaps *slightly* smaller. Say about the size of a grape. I have however, noticed a change in my semen. It seems a bit more yellow and thick, almost mucus like. As for my LH, I don't believe I've had my levels checked unless it was a part of the, "Male Deluxe Anti-Aging Panel" I just had done.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-05-2010 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eregitano View Post
    those numbers are very good! I'm curious as a new armidex user if you've noticed anything like pimples on the shoulders or erectile issues with lowering your E levels with Adex? Thanks.
    Actually, those are both things I've been dealing with *prior* to using the Arimidex . My second week I crashed and felt like total crap. I had no energy and overall well being was in the toilet. Then I had a turn around and things got better. The past two weeks I have noticed the greatest overall improvements. I've felt better than I have in years, although today was a bit of a set back. As for ED and pimples, they've actually improved too. My breakouts from the TRT seem to be clearing up, but they are still there and I've awoken with morning-wood a few times for the first time in *years*.

Are you saying that you're getting worse?

In answer to jpkman, I feel better, but not quite 100% yet. I suspect as my E2 lowers further, I'll continue to improve.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Actually, those are both things I've been dealing with *prior* to using the Arimidex . My second week I crashed and felt like total crap. I had no energy and overall well being was in the toilet. Then I had a turn around and things got better. The past two weeks I have noticed the greatest overall improvements. I've felt better than I have in years, although today was a bit of a set back. As for ED and pimples, they've actually improved too. My breakouts from the TRT seem to be clearing up, but they are still there and I've awoken with morning-wood a few times for the first time in *years*.

In answer to jpkman, I feel better, but not quite 100% yet. I suspect as my E2 lowers further, I'll continue to improve.
    definitely keep us posted especially in relation to the e2 value and how you feel

PPC
    PPC is offline Super Knowledgeable ~ Female Member
    Excellent Forrest! Glad you are on the road to recovery. This journey we are on is not for the faint hearted so you'll keep tweaking for a while....and longer... but it appears you are gaining a lot of valuable knowledge.

Great that you are getting morning wood back after years of it not being there. Such a positive sign of returning health. My husband had some returning MW after starting on adex monotherapy alone. Once he added in T almost a year later, he noticed MW was strong enough to compete with his teenage self again.

However....on just 105mg of T per week, and 250 iu of HCG everyday his T levels went beyond 1000 and it has been increasingly difficult to keep E2 reigned in. He's wanting to lower both doses now to try to stay around 8oo TT since his hemoglobin went from 16 pre TRT to over 18 recently. All things to consider.
    Last edited by PPC; 08-06-2010 at 10:13 AM.

eregitano is offline Junior Member

My first month or so on TRT was essentially a 30+ day erection and horny like a school kid....it's prob more of a coincidence however the libido has settled considerably, and noticed some occasional pimps on the shoulders since the Addex...I will say though that I sweat quite a bit more during my workouts now and could simply be leading to a couple pimples...

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Excellent Forrest! Glad you are on the road to recovery. This journey we are on is not for the faint hearted so you'll keep tweaking for a while....and longer... but it appears you are gaining a lot of valuable knowledge.

Great that you are getting morning wood back after years of it not being there. Such a positive sign of returning health. My husband had some returning MW after starting on adex monotherapy alone. Once he added in T almost a year later, he noticed MW was strong enough to compete with his teenage self again.

However....on just 105mg of T per week, and 250 iu of HCG everyday his T levels went beyond 1000 and it has been increasingly difficult to keep E2 reigned in. He's wanting to lower both doses now to try to stay around 8oo TT since his hemoglobin went from 16 pre TRT to over 18 recently. All things to consider.
    Thanks for the encouragement! As for your husband, I'm assuming he's still on the adex? With the TRT and HCG , what is his adex regimen and what are his E2 levels these days?

Yeah, it's pretty easy to work with on a continuous basis to compliment your TRT program.

You take it subcutaneously with insulin needles. (I know you wanted 22g, but you're just going to have to go with the small & easy needles on this.) I would start out with 250iu x 2/wk to start. Maybe bump it to 3x/wk or 300iu x 2/wk after you get it dialed in.

Keep in mind that HCG will help increase some endogenous test production, so it's a good idea to lower your exogenous testosterone dosage even more. For me, I can count on at least another 200 points to my score just from the HCG. Everyone is different, but if I were you I'd probably lower your weekly cyp between 100mg-to-125mg if adding HCG to the mix. Run another set of labs in 6 to 8 weeks and adjust accordingly.
    LOL... I may be a glutton for punishment, but I'm no masochist. I just use the 22s because of the cyp; if the HCG allows it, I'll use the smallest needle possible. =) Speaking of which, were do you get your syringes from? I'm about due for another order. My last batch came in unsealed plastic containers and I'd like to get the ones with the safety seals, like the BDs have, just for piece of mind. After that lump in my leg, [which still hasn't completely gone away] I'd rather not take chances.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-07-2010 at 12:53 AM.

Hey Vetteman... I know this may sound like a stupid question, but hey, that's nothing new for me...

I've heard you mention, "dialing back Test Cyp to find your sweet spot" a couple times now however, I never thought of it until just a moment ago when I saw you post it on another thread. Just what exactly do you mean by "sweet spot" and how do you know when you've found it?

PPC
    Thanks for the encouragement! As for your husband, I'm assuming he's still on the adex? With the TRT and HCG, what is his adex regimen and what are his E2 levels these days?
    I wish I knew his E2 level these days. He has now a script from his Doc to check it. Although his Doc is an AA type, he has not been keen on testing E2, thinks anything below 50 is perfectly fine and was not interested in writing down an E2 test initially. My husband has been doing the E2 dosing on his own.

We know his body does not like '38'. That was his first E2 test, (pre TRT) Then adex monotherapy for several months at 4 drops of adex every other day equalling just under .5mg a week, restored a lot of sexual function which had started to decline for him. I imagine it bought E down to the 20's. He went by feel.

Finally got his Doc to write a script for E2 here recently so we'll wait until my husband regulates on the new lower T doses and then see where his E2 is at, since it will likely change. While on 105mg T per week, he was using 1 mg of adex per week, this felt fine until he added DHEA. That messed things up. Stopped that but had to up his adex by another half to feel 'right' again. He and I both think it will be better to lower his T dose than to have to keep raising adex. His doc is completely lax about how much T and HCG my husband wants to use. He told us - whatever feels right - up to 200mg T per week. That would be way too high for my husband.

We'll have to do as you suggested in future and use an online lab rather than wait around for doctor's blood test scripts....crazy.
    Last edited by PPC; 08-08-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees;529***3
    LOL... I may be a glutton for punishment, but I'm no masochist. I just use the 22s because of the cyp; if the HCG allows it, I'll use the smallest needle possible. =) Speaking of which, were do you get your syringes from? I'm about due for another order. My last batch came in unsealed plastic containers and I'd like to get the ones with the safety seals, like the BDs have, just for piece of mind. After that lump in my leg, [which still hasn't completely gone away] I'd rather not take chances.
    I get mine from my clinic. I believe they're 30g x 5/16". They're pretty easy to get. If needed you can get them from our sponsor at the top, ARR. Come on Forrest, you mean you're not going to 'Man up' and take a 22g Sub-Q shot? - LOL ... It would look like you have two navals!

Hey Vetteman... I know this may sound like a stupid question, but hey, that's nothing new for me...

I've heard you mention, "dialing back Test Cyp to find your sweet spot" a couple times now however, I never thought of it until just a moment ago when I saw you post it on another thread. Just what exactly do you mean by "sweet spot" and how do you know when you've found it?
    The sweet spot is the zone where you find the right mix in your program that makes your body feel in sync, balanced and optimized. You already know what it feels like when your hormones are low; specifically speaking testosterone . It's no different on the other side of the spectrum with hormones being over the top. Sure, for a period of time, call it a cycle, the body can compensate and adapt to elevated levels. However, the body's template wasn't designed to function indefinitely at those levels either. The theme remains the same ... One will see symptoms with their health, and with their lab work that indicate their program isn't "dialed in".

In my case, when I'm over 1000 on TT, or even 900 for a period of time, I feel great in a lot of aspects. Gains are good, great libido, etc., but then again ... I notice an increase in BP, I don't sleep all that great, fighting sides like acne, and my labs in general indicate the stress my body is enduring. Now at/around 750 ... I can still make gains at the gym. The intensity of it isn't like being at 1,300, but I'm still in a anabolic state. However, I could sustain 750 for many years to come and do just fine! My sleep is better, BP & HR comes down, I can manage my E2 much easier with less compounds, which the net result is less stress on the body.

When you hit that zone you will know it. That's why a person should do a lot of lab work and tweaking during their first 6 months, or even the entire year. I'm really trying to make this journey a complete HRT program, not just TRT. I am having great luck with adding pregnenolone into my regiment, which is only enhancing the hormonal pathways to make my TRT program more balanced. Anyways, that's my whole view on the matter, for better or worse. HRT isn't for life, it is life!

PPC
    I get mine from my clinic. I believe they're 30g x 5/16". They're pretty easy to get. If needed you can get them from our sponsor at the top, ARR. Come on Forrest, you mean you're not going to 'Man up' and take a 22g Sub-Q shot? - LOL ... It would look like you have two navals!

The sweet spot is the zone where you find the right mix in your program that makes your body feel in sync, balanced and optimized. You already know what it feels like when your hormones are low; specifically speaking testosterone . It's no different on the other side of the spectrum with hormones being over the top. Sure, for a period of time, call it a cycle, the body can compensate and adapt to elevated levels. However, the body's template wasn't designed to function indefinitely at those levels either. The theme remains the same ... One will see symptoms with their health, and with their lab work that indicate their program isn't "dialed in".

In my case, when I'm over 1000 on TT, or even 900 for a period of time, I feel great in a lot of aspects. Gains are good, great libido, etc., but then again ... I notice an increase in BP, I don't sleep all that great, fighting sides like acne, and my labs in general indicate the stress my body is enduring. Now at/around 750 ... I can still make gains at the gym. The intensity of it isn't like being at 1,300, but I'm still in a anabolic state. However, I could sustain 750 for many years to come and do just fine! My sleep is better, BP & HR comes down, I can manage my E2 much easier with less compounds, which the net result is less stress on the body.

When you hit that zone you will know it. That's why a person should do a lot of lab work and tweaking during their first 6 months, or even the entire year. I'm really trying to make this journey a complete HRT program, not just TRT. I am having great luck with adding pregnenolone into my regiment, which is only enhancing the hormonal pathways to make my TRT program more balanced. Anyways, that's my whole view on the matter, for better or worse. HRT isn't for life, it is life!
    Excellent post Vetteman. This should be it's own sticky entitled 'Sweet Spot' or something. Everyone embarking on TRT should read this, since understanding this concept could save them months/years of trouble.

Excellent info Vette. That *really* helps bring it all together. I agree, it could help a lot of people and should be posted up top.

Once again you demonstrate that you are the man!

Thread Information