Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    decadbal is offline Banned
    in the past i would have gone against big ron, but after seeing his vid, and talkin to ppl about him and finding out more about him i dont think anyone in pro BBing could beat him, he has the best work ethic, and when ppl will really admit it, his body is years ahead of JC and any other pro... my vote goes to Ronnie.

retired is offline Associate Member
    I hear that Ronnie will be competing at 285lbs at the 2003 Olympia. It is either a bullshit claim, designed to psyche out his competitors and get them to come in too heavy themselves (shades of Arnold's psyche-out of Ferrigno in '75), or else it is an admission that Ronnie's distended belly is forever out of control.

Maybe he's hoping that at 285, the rest of him will be so huge that the gut won't be as noticeable. I have my doubts...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-yat6.jpg   Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-yatesabs.jpeg  

ZachG_85 is offline Junior Member
    Best work ethic, I don't know. Sure he works hard and was a cop and all (part-time if I remember correctly), but I'd argue that any of the amateurs work harder because they generally have to hold full-time corporate jobs just to survive.

As for the freaky back issue, Dorian had the width, Ronnie the thickness.

Coming in at 285? Well considering his waist was about the same as his chest in 2001 at 265, I can't imagine him at 285 would look that good at all. People say "Oh, look at the pictures out of the 2002 O!" Well I say watch the Unbelievable, he looks the exact same.

Steele is offline Member
    ronnie smokes dorian in almost every aspect. ronnie has mass and shape! no one else comes close.

Steele is offline Member
    ronnie smokes dorian in almost every aspect. ronnie has mass and shape! dorian just had (some) mass, not the best shape at all.no one else comes close to ronnie.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Ronnie has no shape. His midsection looks like a freaking swiss ball. Abs are disgusting. Dorians cuts are all much better.

I stand corrected. Ronnie came in a 285 and looked much better than he did at 265. I expect that we will eventually find out how Chad accomplished this.

Gotta add this one to the pile:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-coleman_cutler_back.jpeg  

DELTA9MDA is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steele
    ronnie smokes dorian in almost every aspect. ronnie has mass and shape! dorian just had (some) mass, not the best shape at all.no one else comes close to ronnie.
    calves anyone? DORIAN= "DA MAN"

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    who gives a **** about calves, such a weak and small muscle anyway, i dont even think the judges look at calves...why? because calves dont mean ****

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDominate
    who gives a **** about calves, such a weak and small muscle anyway, i dont even think the judges look at calves...why? because calves dont mean ****
    calves do mean something. completeness. dont get me wrong, ronnie is awesome, but with everything else huge, why not the calves. they do mean something. think of what dexter would look like with a real set of em.

captain, are you one of those seagull guys at the beach?

freakiest back= dorian

fefespbeto is offline Associate Member
    doryan

rruhl is offline Member
    Ronnie - Mr. Olympia 2003
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-fdbe0069.jpg   Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-fdbe0668.jpg   Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-fdbe0674.jpg   Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-bild13.jpg  

those pics of Ronnie from the 2003 Olympia are unbelievable...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-dorianbackrelaxed.jpg  
    Last edited by retired; 06-27-2004 at 11:33 PM.

a great back double bicep shot:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-yatesbdb.jpg  

rruhl is offline Member
    Ronnie 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-ronnie4.jpg  

rruhl is offline Member
    Ronnie 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-ronnie1.jpg   Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-ronnie2.jpg   Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-ronnie3.jpg  

ok ok ...we have the 2 best here, so this will go on and on. my pic is Dorian, but the difference between the two is not that great.

LM1332 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gordero
    a great back double bicep shot:
    What bicep?

Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    What bicep?
    The bicep is the muscle of the upper arm opposite the tricep. Arm flexion involves a shortening or "contraction" of the bicep muscle, whereas arm extension involves a shortening or contraction of the tricep muscle.

In the picture, Dorian yates is "flexing" his "biceps." You can see them if you direct your attention to the large lumps on top of his arms, between his shoulders and his elbows.

Let me know if I can give you any more tips!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-yatesfdb.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    What bicep?
    get off it. that pic of dorian was taken right before he won the 1993 mr o, before the tear.

harleyman is offline Associate Member
    dorian all the way he has much better sym. and alot freakin harder hes genatic freak.

gymwrecker is offline New Member

Talking Dorian!!!

Dorian by a mile....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gordero
    found some more... I gotta keep this thread alive, tomorrow is back day
    shear thickness.

JoeyJuice is offline Banned
    i met both dorian and ronnie, dorian was a dick and im glad he got hurt, ronnie is a real nice guy met him at johnny latts.

RollPlayer is offline Junior Member
    Gotta say Dorian is HUGE. A freak!

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Dorian should be a nice guy to the fans, but you can afford to be a d!ck too. What are fans gonna do beat him up. LOL. He could probably take on like 3 people at once.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Ronnie hands down. Amazing BBer, amazing work ethic, and dedication. No competition for a few years. I think he will win 10 Sandows.

H-BOL is offline Associate Member
    i would say ronnie is way bigger than dorian but the abs on ronnie are sick.. it doesnt even look like he has any

they both look like blocks. Give me dexter or lee priest or lee haney all the way.

PJAY71 is offline Junior Member

Compare

Here ya go. Now compare. BTW I didn't include Haney or Priest - it really didn't make sense too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-backs2.jpg  

ogartime is offline New Member
    Dorian ruled in his time. Ronnies back rules now!

Quote Originally Posted by PJAY71
    Here ya go. Now compare. BTW I didn't include Haney or Priest - it really didn't make sense too.
    sue me if i don't think a refridgerator with arms looks good. Aesthetics is what i'm all about. Want to see an awesome back? Check out flex wheeler's in the thread titles "best ever"

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I always appreciated Dorians hardness and quality. Ronnie is quite freaky tho.

Dorian in most shots has weaker rear delts and due to the huge lats overpowering the rows or whatever the hell he does to get that freakin huge.

I'd have to say Ronnie, but I like Dorian better.

actually after that pic for pic comparo

I'd have to say that Dorian is just as good if not better

Traps up top are not as big as Ronnies but Dorian has better "lower traps"
    and his lower lats are not as flared

it could be the arm positioning tho

anyways wicked!
    Last edited by Dally; 06-14-2004 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    sue me if i don't think a refridgerator with arms looks good. Aesthetics is what i'm all about. Want to see an awesome back? Check out flex wheeler's in the thread titles "best ever"
    I understand your opinion but this is a "Ronnie or Dorian" thread.

Cole Trickle is offline Junior Member
    GREAT thread Gordero.. NICE back comparison collage's Big Dude & PJay.. Each of them look better than the other in certain poses & it is VERY hard to choose who has the #1 back.. but if forced to answer, I would go w/ Yates..

Yates only flaw was upper pecs (bicep injury not included)
    Coleman's only flaw is calves

Overall I think Coleman is better

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    ronnie got some serious back

found another back shot of Ronnie:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ronnie or Dorian? Who has the freakiest back?-colemanback2001.jpg  

From Gordero's pic alone. What I've noticed is that Ronnie has sooo much muscle - esp on his back, that it hangs and overlaps adjoining muscles. Which if you're not knowledgable, you'll mistake for fat. It's not a fan comment, it's the truth. We have to remember. Ronnie is handling [well too] poundage that no other pro lifts. Thus he's gonna build muscle that no one else has, muscle development that probably has not been seen on the pro level ever.
    Last edited by PJAY71; 06-28-2004 at 06:03 AM.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by PJAY71
    From Gordero's pic alone. What I've noticed is that Ronnie has sooo much muscle - esp on his back, that it hangs and overlaps adjoining muscles. Which if you're not knowledgable, you'll mistake for fat. It's not a fan comment, it's the truth. We have to remember. Ronnie is handling [well too] poundage that no other pro lifts. Thus he's gonna build muscle that no one else has, muscle development that probably has not been seen on the pro level ever.
    agreed, have not seen anyone else doing the kind of contest prep weight that Ronnie does. Love the new leg workout on his DVD. 800lb squats (8 - 45s, 1 - 10, 1 - 5, 1 - 2.5 per side!). Then into 2250lb leg presses? WTF? A true monster. Will hopefully beat Haney's record if he can stay healthy and injury free.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information