Bojangles69 is offline Banned

Gyno surgery gone bad! My brother needs advice..

(I need to put this here for traffic please - rather then the gyno forums, thanks guys)

This has been going on forever and I'm getting tired of hearing about it.

I don't know enough about gyno and I'm honestly not even sure drs know what they're doing half the time either.

My brother had gotten gyno surgery from these people:
    http://www.cosmedical.com/

Located in Paramus NJ. I went with him to the surgery, the place was very professional, and everything seemed perfectly legit (which it still is I'm not bashing the company).

After the sugery my brother had IMMEDIATELY spoke about his left nipple being bigger then his right, even though I never noticed anything. Weeks passed, the swelling subsides, and I def noticed what he was talking about afterwards. Although it is extremely small, its driving him off the brink of destruction.

And personally, if it was me it would prob drive me crazy too, considering he spent $3000 on the surgery, and is not happy at all with what the dr did.
    The original doctor he spoke to on the phone, and he keeps saying "proper healing can take up to 6 months" and that he needs to wait, all though he accepted him to come in next week to look at his nipples.

My brother has set up an appointment with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in Manhattan,
    http://www.gynecomastianewyork.com/ (on the front page, THOSE are regular nips, but his droop down like tear drops, (before they were wider tear drops - left bigger then right, small but still noticeable)
    suppose to be huge in plastic surgery, so he can get a second opinion before he goes in next week to his original doctor.
    I told him the 6 month thing is a business ploy based on illegitimate science. Maybe some study proved in rare cases it can take up to 6 months for a body part to heal, but PLEASE, its been 3 1/2 months already, if his chest doesn't look good now, its NOT gonna get any fvckn better. And his doctor keeps using that lame excuse to make him wait and not address the matter.

Whats worse is he read a couple reviews from people who used this doctor, and said that when they had issues with the surgery, the doctor was evasive and nonresponsive. That pissed me off too naturally.

My brother wants to know if theres anything he can legally do. Hes never had plastic surgery before. I'd assume these people have an army of lawyers to prevent you from suing them especially for something "minor" like this. But out of curiosity, what can he do?
    If hes not happy with the surgery, and the dr won't do a revisional, I guess he's basically just fvcked?

I understand you guys could use pics, but its hard to see. I didn't really notice it till I went over and had a look myself.
    His main complaint is this. He thinks the dr should have taken the glands out, because the glands are whats causing the shape and contour of the nipple. When he hunches over, it looks like a tear drop nip and hangs down.
    So the dr essentially took the fat away from around the gland, but never addressed the gland shape (because he claimed once the fat was out it would look normal again). My brother thinks the dr screwed up by not taking the gland out, and now because one gland is bigger then the other, taking the fat out actually made his nipples look more unsymetrical then before. They're smaller, but the shape has gotten more pronounced.

I have no idea what to tell him, hes getting the second opinion then going in next week to see what they say. But he very much feels like he was ripped off. I guess just wait and see what they're willing to do/not do? Thanks - Bo

FranciscoG is offline Anabolic Member
    Gyno is hard masses and not just fat.

It is not unusual for a male to have uneven development. What I mean is one side expresses gyno than the other side. Much like how one peck or one bi might be a few inches larger than the other.

If he has uneven developed calfs, arms, chest, this would be normal for him.

Perfection is rarely exhibited in man´s physical symethrical nature.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    i agree maybe hit the chest a few more times to build up some mass were the old mass was taken out of his chest ya know. See how it looks then.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like the doc f'ed up by just sucking the fat and not touching the gland and now doesnt want to admit it. I agree with you Bo, if it doesnt look right yet, its never going to look right. I would be pissed too. Have your bro have a consoltation with a lawyer see if they think they might have a case. Cant hurt.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    My one pec is bigger than the other.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Me to look

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    My one pec is bigger than the other.
    I think he is saying that his nipples are still showing signs of gyno, not just that one pec is bigger than the other. If you pay $3000 for gyno surgery and they dont remove the gland which is causing the gyno then there is a problem.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Thanks guys and yeh thats what he had commented about.

First the nipples were big and droopy, (not huge though, was barely noticeable before surgery) and the doctor just pulled the fat out. My brother had expressed to the doctor he was concerned about the shape and size. Now they're smaller, but they still look like teardrops when hes hunched over.
    I also was talking about the before and after pictures he went over with the doc, ALL the nipples in the after pictures were flat (like on the one website) and his nipples look like they have a lot of skin... you know what though I wonder if it is really skin thats bothering him?

I would think skin would tigthen around the nipples after surgery but if he has lose skin that would be giving him this droopy look right? I'm gonna mention this to him he really may just have excess skin. Well he was complaining about the hard tissue though so not really. But thanks I'll make mention and see if anyone else comes up with ideas.

and Bj thats hilarious your right pec trumps your left one lmao

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Your a good bro man, I can tell that you are really concerned about him.

legally, I don't think there is anything that could be done. I don't think he could get a malpractice suit or anything.

One thing that I've always wondered, in my field of work, construction. I've always asked for a deposit for the work. If the client is solid, I'll just get 10% down, and a signature on the contract. I get the 10% down, non-refundable only to keep them obligated to follow through with the job if it's booked for months in advance.

It's never a problem for us, we do a good job, work for good clients, we are paid 90% of the time with in 5 days of completion.

Why not do a medical procedure like this? Very few service based businesses require a full payment in advance, before anything is even done.

If he put 2k down, and 2k upon completion, he at least has some leverage with the doctor to not put him on the back burner and to properly treat him. After the surgery is done, and the doctor is paid, he probably feels he's doing anything after for "free"

Thread Information