Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Ephedrine Sulfate and Dangers of Overuse

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Interesting about aspirins potentiating of thermogenic effect.
    I'll look more into that.

As far as pH goes, you are taking about the pH of URINE, not the blood.
    If pH in the blood changed by just one degree pH either way you would have serious issues.

But the urine is another matter.
    Consuming lots of bicarbonate (baking soda) will raise the pH of the urine,
    which in turn would inhibit the excretion of a lot of stims: amphetamine, methamph, ephedrine, and so on.
    This is because these alkaloids, f.ex amphetamine is basic in nature.
    It's this more soluble in acidic solutions than alkaline,
    and since these stims are predominantly excreted unchanged in the urine,
    (Not broken down by the liver),
    the pH of the urine will affect half life greatly.

Increase urine pH to prolong half life,
    Lower urine pH (with f.ex Citric acid, maybe ascorbic acid) and increase excretion.

However, do not rely on this to prolong the duration of effect.
    Why? Because ephedrine is cheap and you'd be better of just re dosing than consuming lots of baking soda. Higher half life doesn't necessarily mean that much longer active life either, but may rather just increase tolerance more quickly. Also, consuming baking soda regularly may affect excretion of other compounds you may very well want to get rid of.

Use the regular ECA stack if you will,
    up the ephedrine of you need to, but I'd advise against tying to inhibit excretion by upping urinary pH.

In emergency poisoning with amphetamine its common to acidify the urine,
    but doing this (or the reverse of this) over weeks on end may lead to issues you don't want. And unlike combining caffeine with ephedrine which is synergistic on fat burning, I don't think there's anything to be gained that you can't accomplish much better by just upping the dose a little.
    Obs and Richard Cabeza like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    Interesting about aspirins potentiating of thermogenic effect.
    I'll look more into that.

As far as pH goes, you are taking about the pH of URINE, not the blood.
    If pH in the blood changed by just one degree pH either way you would have serious issues.

But the urine is another matter.
    Consuming lots of bicarbonate (baking soda) will raise the pH of the urine,
    which in turn would inhibit the excretion of a lot of stims: amphetamine, methamph, ephedrine, and so on.
    This is because these alkaloids, f.ex amphetamine is basic in nature.
    It's this more soluble in acidic solutions than alkaline,
    and since these stims are predominantly excreted unchanged in the urine,
    (Not broken down by the liver),
    the pH of the urine will affect half life greatly.

Increase urine pH to prolong half life,
    Lower urine pH (with f.ex Citric acid, maybe ascorbic acid) and increase excretion.

However, do not rely on this to prolong the duration of effect.
    Why? Because ephedrine is cheap and you'd be better of just re dosing than consuming lots of baking soda. Higher half life doesn't necessarily mean that much longer active life either, but may rather just increase tolerance more quickly. Also, consuming baking soda regularly may affect excretion of other compounds you may very well want to get rid of.

Use the regular ECA stack if you will,
    up the ephedrine of you need to, but I'd advise against tying to inhibit excretion by upping urinary pH.

In emergency poisoning with amphetamine its common to acidify the urine,
    but doing this (or the reverse of this) over weeks on end may lead to issues you don't want. And unlike combining caffeine with ephedrine which is synergistic on fat burning, I don't think there's anything to be gained that you can't accomplish much better by just upping the dose a little.
    It will take time but I am going to start looking into ph balances of the body and what is suited best for muscle growth and healing. It is very interesting to me.
    I spoke at length with a naturepathic doctor who explained how he treats his patients and he said its all about keeping the body at the perfect acidity/alkalinity or ph balance. He also pointed out most physicians today treat a chemical imbalance with chemicals that imbalance diffent things. He said there are very few people walking the earth with their body in perfect ph balance.

The guy went on forever but I wont because I am still dumb on the subject. Hopefully I can study a little and start a thread on Alkalinity, acidity, pH balance and bodybuilding.

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    DocToxin with the win, thanks for that info

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    It will take time but I am going to start looking into ph balances of the body and what is suited best for muscle growth and healing. It is very interesting to me.
    I spoke at length with a naturepathic doctor who explained how he treats his patients and he said its all about keeping the body at the perfect acidity/alkalinity or ph balance. He also pointed out most physicians today treat a chemical imbalance with chemicals that imbalance diffent things. He said there are very few people walking the earth with their body in perfect ph balance.

The guy went on forever but I wont because I am still dumb on the subject. Hopefully I can study a little and start a thread on Alkalinity, acidity, pH balance and bodybuilding.
    I'm not gonna argue with the pH view of alternative medicine,
    simply state that it is a sort of alternative medicine and that the pH in the blood is kept within very narrow ranges.
    If f.ex you have emphysema/COPD, then the increased CO2 content of your blood will desesensitive your chemoreceptors for CO2 which regulate normal breathing. (It is CO2, not O2 which controls breathing in healthy people, but in COPD it's O2 due to chronic elevated CO2 levels)

Anyway, CO2 turns into acid in the blood, thus causing metabolic acidosis.
    This is a medical condition.

If pH turns to high you get metabolic alkalosis.

Suffice it to say that the body is is good at keeping pH levels constant that if a healthy individual eats baking soda to alkaline urine, blood pH will not be affected.

But I digress.

Point is urinary pH can be changed, blood pH can (in sickness be changed), but normally very, very subtle changes.
    This doesn't mean those doctors are wrong though.
    But it's a field where you need to beware that what they say isn't always backed by science.
    Richard Cabeza and Obs like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Alkaline Advantage How pH Promotes Optimal Health Well, this is gay as aids.... I just started researching the best ph level for muscle regeneration. Its all a buch of queer "get your protein from chlorophyll" bullshit.
    "Muthles nead an alkeline Enviahnment!"
    Lmao! (That was a gay accent btw)

Anyway, you were right doc, it is unfounded horse crap. They were trying to talk me outta eating meat and such.
    Richard Cabeza likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information