Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By puffy16
  • 4 Post By KINGKONG
  • 1 Post By swalleezy
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By puffy16
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By songdog

Thread: Can't gain mass in arms. Tried everything short of synthol and implants lol

  1. #1
    puffy16 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52

    Can't gain mass in arms. Tried everything short of synthol and implants lol

    I am 6'2" and I think my muscle length might have something to do it with it. Can't gain size. I am also on TRT so don't think "steroids " is the answer. I can curl sizable weight but can't actually gain size. Help?
    MuscleScience likes this.

  2. #2
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is online now Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    650
    Post your stats, diet and routine, hard to give advice without it

  3. #3
    KINGKONG's Avatar
    KINGKONG is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Outside the Walls
    Posts
    3,639
    Your arms will grow with everything else eating more bulking up will help..I have genetically weaker arms than my back and chest so I decided at one point to give biceps a day And triceps a day..I concentrate on isolation of the muscle stretching of muscle and then I pump the muscles full of blood with cables and multiple drop sets..I don't know how advanced you are but for now concentrate on short,hard workouts for arms don't overtrain keep your nutrition good and calories up esp on arm days and give it time..it doesn't happen overnight but you can bring up lagging body parts with time..

  4. #4
    puffy16 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    Your arms will grow with everything else eating more bulking up will help..I have genetically weaker arms than my back and chest so I decided at one point to give biceps a day And triceps a day..I concentrate on isolation of the muscle stretching of muscle and then I pump the muscles full of blood with cables and multiple drop sets..I don't know how advanced you are but for now concentrate on short,hard workouts for arms don't overtrain keep your nutrition good and calories up esp on arm days and give it time..it doesn't happen overnight but you can bring up lagging body parts with time..
    Thank you, I think my main problem is diet. I have very little carb intake (phobia of gaining weight as I am former fatty). I been overdoing my arms as well to point where I think I tore something in forearm (heard a snap) now it hurts when I curl weight or bench.

  5. #5
    KINGKONG's Avatar
    KINGKONG is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Outside the Walls
    Posts
    3,639
    Quote Originally Posted by puffy16 View Post
    Thank you, I think my main problem is diet. I have very little carb intake (phobia of gaining weight as I am former fatty). I been overdoing my arms as well to point where I think I tore something in forearm (heard a snap) now it hurts when I curl weight or bench.
    Take some time off and restart from scratch change around your training progrnan and maybe try carb cycling with high,mid days on arm days..

  6. #6
    TrailRunAZ's Avatar
    TrailRunAZ is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by puffy16 View Post
    Thank you, I think my main problem is diet. I have very little carb intake (phobia of gaining weight as I am former fatty). I been overdoing my arms as well to point where I think I tore something in forearm (heard a snap) now it hurts when I curl weight or bench.
    Is your bicep still fully intact and do you have normal strength but with pain, or do you have less strength with the pain? Depending on the region in the forearm you may have to consider distal bicep tear - any pain referral to lower bicep or elbow region?

  7. #7
    puffy16 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Is your bicep still fully intact and do you have normal strength but with pain, or do you have less strength with the pain? Depending on the region in the forearm you may have to consider distal bicep tear - any pain referral to lower bicep or elbow region?
    Seems pain is mostly in forearm and not bicep. Bicep looks intact. No pain near bicep or elbow, most are on forearm.

  8. #8
    BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by puffy16 View Post
    I am 6'2" and I think my muscle length might have something to do it with it. Can't gain size. I am also on TRT so don't think "steroids" is the answer. I can curl sizable weight but can't actually gain size. Help?
    Try training them twice a week. And some things are just genetic. Especially if your on TRT it may be more genetic. I'm built for more speed. My arms are smaller I'm more mesomorph though. Perhaps your more of an endurance athlete? And something else too. A lot of people on youtube and elsewhere talk about how nutrition and particular types of training get better results and they underplay the role of the steroids they are on. Yeah, easy for them to say focus more on nutrition and focus more on training. The reality is gear outworks both of those factors. Trust me I'm all for a stellar diet and stellar training and most people don't work both of those enough but from someone who does both... Gear still outworks both. There is no real need to be perfect at both. Anyone who laughable is on gear and goes more in depth about nutrition and training is really lying to you and themselves. If you on TRT then you know it works and a little more will work even better. But to circle back to your question. Even on gear there is a genetic limit. But gear will help that situation.
    Last edited by BrockBadger; 09-18-2017 at 09:22 PM.

  9. #9
    puffy16 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by BrockBadger View Post
    Try training them twice a week. And some things are just genetic. Especially if your on TRT it may be more genetic. I'm built for more speed. My arms are smaller I'm more mesomorph though. Perhaps your more of an endurance athlete? And something else too. A lot of people on youtube and elsewhere talk about how nutrition and particular types of training get better results and they underplay the role of the steroids they are on. Yeah, easy for them to say focus more on nutrition and focus more on training. The reality is gear outworks both of those factors. Trust me I'm all for a stellar diet and stellar training and most people don't work both of those enough but from someone who does both... Gear still outworks both. There is no real need to be perfect at both. Anyone who laughable is on gear and goes more in depth about nutrition and training is really lying to you and themselves. If you on TRT then you know it works and a little more will work even better. But to circle back to your question. Even on gear there is a genetic limit. But gear will help that situation.
    Appreciate your response! Gear does not build muscles tho, gear only gives you the "power to lift more" but doesn't actually give you mass. Nutrition does that I thought.

  10. #10
    swalleezy's Avatar
    swalleezy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    22
    Have you tried one set to complete failure, followed by negative and forced reps? I have very stubborn biceps myself, I've had some success with negs and FR.
    BrockBadger likes this.

  11. #11
    puffy16 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by swalleezy View Post
    Have you tried one set to complete failure, followed by negative and forced reps? I have very stubborn biceps myself, I've had some success with negs and FR.
    Good call Swallezy, tried it the other day in gym and was sore next day (not usual for me even going heavy).

  12. #12
    Tovarasu's Avatar
    Tovarasu is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    57
    My chest genetics are shit, i started training it 2 times a week, results came to notice. Saw this post with a study that for the best hypertrophy you can train 2-3 times a week a muscle group.Like calves start doing them 3 times now.

  13. #13
    puffy16 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovarasu View Post
    My chest genetics are shit, i started training it 2 times a week, results came to notice. Saw this post with a study that for the best hypertrophy you can train 2-3 times a week a muscle group.Like calves start doing them 3 times now.
    really? what about rest?

  14. #14
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Gainz Ville
    Posts
    10,313
    Blog Entries
    5
    Check out this write up I did, maybe something in there will help.

    Tips For Making Gains At A Young Age
    BG likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


  15. #15
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Gainz Ville
    Posts
    10,313
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovarasu View Post
    My chest genetics are shit, i started training it 2 times a week, results came to notice. Saw this post with a study that for the best hypertrophy you can train 2-3 times a week a muscle group.Like calves start doing them 3 times now.
    The caveat to that study is that you only want to do that for 6 weeks to prevent over training syndrome.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


  16. #16
    BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by puffy16 View Post
    really? what about rest?
    It's more of an advanced technique. Sometimes less rest can be beneficial. Suppose you do biceps monday then hit them again thursday then again sunday. You can still give them some rest. However, MuscleScience is correct. You should likely periodize it with 6 weeks to prevent over training syndrome. And ultimately as you age recovery can become more difficult. But you should watch out for over training this way. So don't go all bananas in. Read MuscleSciences stuff, I'm new here some and I find his info very solid.

  17. #17
    puffy16 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Check out this write up I did, maybe something in there will help.

    Tips For Making Gains At A Young Age
    awesome article musclscience! Just hope it still applies to me since I am not "young" anymore relatively speaking being in late 30s.
    MuscleScience likes this.

  18. #18
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Gainz Ville
    Posts
    10,313
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by puffy16 View Post
    awesome article musclscience! Just hope it still applies to me since I am not "young" anymore relatively speaking being in late 30s.
    It does, it was more meant to say for the young guys that putting in the work is the key factor. We live in a very instant society. But with true growth and gains it takes sometimes years of consistency with all the factors I wrote about to make real progress.
    KINGKONG and puffy16 like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


  19. #19
    Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Asia but not Asian.
    Posts
    1,513
    I constantly fight with rest vs work. I constantly fight cutting vs bulking.

    My personal thought on maximizing shoulders and arms....

    ONE muscle group a day. Minimize the number of muscles worked daily so as to maximize recovery.
    Unless you are super advanced...volume over peak weight for workouts.
    Focus on mass building and do not get stuck on simple movement exercises.

    The last one is huge for me. Example

    My old shoulder routine was military press plus side,front,back raises. I added in two exercises (Arnold Press and a close grip military press) and the shoulders really took off. the simple movement exercises are for aesthetics for me. The complex movements on the muscle really give me gains.

    Three years and I am really starting to see a lot of improvement. Six years and I will be happy I feel. It takes time. Reality this is really fast in bodybuilding world timelines.

    I will not lie...pushing the envelope with HGH, Insulin , and a lot of testosterone ....priceless.

  20. #20
    puffy16 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    I constantly fight with rest vs work. I constantly fight cutting vs bulking.

    My personal thought on maximizing shoulders and arms....

    ONE muscle group a day. Minimize the number of muscles worked daily so as to maximize recovery.
    Unless you are super advanced...volume over peak weight for workouts.
    Focus on mass building and do not get stuck on simple movement exercises.

    The last one is huge for me. Example

    My old shoulder routine was military press plus side,front,back raises. I added in two exercises (Arnold Press and a close grip military press) and the shoulders really took off. the simple movement exercises are for aesthetics for me. The complex movements on the muscle really give me gains.

    Three years and I am really starting to see a lot of improvement. Six years and I will be happy I feel. It takes time. Reality this is really fast in bodybuilding world timelines.

    I will not lie...pushing the envelope with HGH, Insulin, and a lot of testosterone....priceless.
    so to get big you advocate reps vs max weight?

  21. #21
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is online now ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,055
    The bicep is a small muscle you can over train it very easy.
    NACH3 likes this.

  22. #22
    NACH3's Avatar
    NACH3 is online now VET
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Baking chicken
    Posts
    18,965
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    The bicep is a small muscle you can over train it very easy.
    ^^^ this

    All you neeed is really 3ex's but inner your not going to absolute truecoisitive failure or beyond like using negatives RPs drop sets etc?!

  23. #23
    puffy16 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    ^^^ this

    All you neeed is really 3ex's but inner your not going to absolute truecoisitive failure or beyond like using negatives RPs drop sets etc?!
    wait what?

  24. #24
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    16,361
    are you using a flat bar?? don't, use easy curl or dumb bells, that will allow for range

    Quote Originally Posted by puffy16 View Post
    Seems pain is mostly in forearm and not bicep. Bicep looks intact. No pain near bicep or elbow, most are on forearm.
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

    Why the Police will Kick your ass

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •