Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    My deadlift will never be over 700lbs...I am just not built to pull at all.
    That 672 wasnt easy either.

Same here. We have similar builds. Your much more massive then me though. I didnt know there were so many impressive lifters here honestly. I havent touched sauce yet, but I dont care who has and who hasnt it takes work to get big numbers regardless...

slamd097 is offline Banned
    geez...bunch of weinies...ya right...big mofo's here...

ok: slamds junk..

currently:
    a mild 265 in weight
    with a good chance of 350 coming up one time...
    Dead lifts as a must at 670
    legs I have no idea..i just load up the rack to the end and go

I can't squat so I have to leg press...I have to have that support agains my lower back...

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    lol nah bro i by any means didnt mean you.. people in general love to fuel thier egos.. the same assholes who you see in the gym putting on 5 plates on a bench, lifting it going down 2 inches and back up.. i just hate that ****..
    There's nothing wrong with doing lockouts ...... esp if you use a bench shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Powrlftr
    If thats what elliot means, then I agree. I honestly think the only way you can improve on the main compound lifts are to design a program for yourself to directly train for them. I use lockouts,floor presses, board presses, rack pulls etc etc.... They help unlock a lot of your potential in your lifts you prolly never knew you had.

A lot about powerlifting or just lifting heavy is finding the point where you fail during the lift. Then diagnosing that point with something that is going to fix it.

However I do see a lot of people stackin 45's and doing things just to boost ego. Thats fine if it has a purpose. A lot of times it does,but I can pretty much tell by watching someone workout if they mean to be doing what they are doing or doing it because they read it in flex or musclemag.
    Last edited by goodtobeapimp; 07-07-2004 at 02:08 PM.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    I do lockouts but they are with 1,2 or 3 2x4's on my chest...Improves the lockout TREMENDOUSLY.....

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Powrlftr
    ronnie coleman doesnt use a bench shirt and hes stronger than most "powerlifters" those shirts are a con.... and gay... if u cant do it, you cant do it, dont make a shirt to help u cheat and boost your ego so har

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll be the honest guy....laugh if you want...laughing is good for the soul:

6'3 235

Bench: Never maxed rep 255 10x's...oh wait I did do 325 twice...a few months ago...but curently I like 255
    Squat: bad knees can't do it heavy I stick with 225 6x's
    deadlift: never done it....sorry

I like to rep more than max....but mnost of you dudes here are some powerful mofo's....*high five to you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    ronnie coleman doesnt use a bench shirt and hes stronger than most "powerlifters" those shirts are a con.... and gay... if u cant do it, you cant do it, dont make a shirt to help u cheat and boost your ego so har

Shirts are not a "cheat". They are for the sport of powerlifting. They arent ment for people to go into a gym and workout. They are for competition only. I can bench raw or with a shirt so it really doesnt matter to me.

Shirts are not a "cheat". They are for the sport of powerlifting. They arent ment for people to go into a gym and workout. They are for competition only. I can bench raw or with a shirt so it really doesnt matter to me.
    we georgia ppl must ban together bro... and agree fully, so we both agree with what i said that shirts are just lame..lol and raw is what you got bro..lol

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i weighed 158 in High School and at 17
    dumbell pressed 110's for 5
    squated 245 for 5
    and deadlifted 405 one time.

lately my bests at 175 and 20 years
    dumbell pressed 130s twice
    squatted 275 8 (never do less than 4 anymore)
    deadlifted 495 once with a spotter (prob never get close to that again)

I rarely ever bench. and deadlift once a month (going to increase it to twice)
    i know its not much but im not a powerlifter. dorian yates said he never ever has maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    we georgia ppl must ban together bro... and agree fully, so we both agree with what i said that shirts are just lame..lol and raw is what you got bro..lol

Well let me be honest here. If you are in "powerlifting" then you know that there are many different types of shirts. Single ply, double ply and triple ply. The more "ply" the more a joke the bench press really is. I have actually witnessed people at powerlifting meets who cannot get 700LBS TO TOUCH THEIR CHEST!!!!When it takes more than 700lbs to get the bar to touch your chest then there is something wrong. Also a lot of guys' stroke is like 2 inches ( distance the bar has to travel to lockout) which isn't a bench press more of a belly toss. I have been in powerlifting a while and powerlifting has gotten to the point where it has made me stop competing.

Dont get me wrong though there are some SERIOUSLY bad Mo Fo's in powerlifting. Goggins, Siders, Mendelson, Kenelly, Ano, Ed Coan, just to name a few. The above is JMO.

i kno nada bout PLin...lol

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    It really strikes me that some people squat 400-500 lbs yet they dont deadlift.. But hey what ever floats your boat..

Well let me be honest here. If you are in "powerlifting" then you know that there are many different types of shirts. Single ply, double ply and triple ply. The more "ply" the more a joke the bench press really is. I have actually witnessed people at powerlifting meets who cannot get 700LBS TO TOUCH THEIR CHEST!!!!When it takes more than 700lbs to get the bar to touch your chest then there is something wrong. Also a lot of guys' stroke is like 2 inches ( distance the bar has to travel to lockout) which isn't a bench press more of a belly toss. I have been in powerlifting a while and powerlifting has gotten to the point where it has made me stop competing.

Dont get me wrong though there are some SERIOUSLY bad Mo Fo's in powerlifting. Goggins, Siders, Mendelson, Kenelly, Ano, Ed Coan, just to name a few. The above is JMO.
    The more pounds the better. People wanna see big numbers. Powerlifting compared to bodybuilding is a joke. People dont take powerlifting seroiusly because we dont need a bunch of fancy machines and such to make good. The best bodybuilding gyms look immaculate. The best powerlifting gyms are dungeons.

If this is to ever change more people have to be interested in it. That is almost impossible to ask. When someone asks if you wanna be able to bench press 400 pounds or have abs. More times then not its abs..

Powerlifting is balls up. You have to wanna do it and go heavy and get something out of it to continue training like that. Face it most people will always rather look like they could lift 400 pounds then rather do it.

It's more of a pride thing. Ask most people that train like bodybuilders something about powerlifting and they reply with some smartas$ remark. It's mostly because they dont know,and they have decided not to train that way.

The shirts are ridiculous. It's out of hand what they can do for you. Instead of pressing the lifters forward, they are coming up with more advanced shirts to add more weight. I could do without them all together. I dont compete right now nor train with one. I will say they do wonders for protection with heavy weight. '

When someone says they can bench 500 pounds there always seems like there is a stipulation with it. What kind of shirt? How much does it add? Only purposes they serve is to add safety and add weight. I just hate the thoughts of losing a competition because someone spent more money then I did on a **** shirt.
    Last edited by goodtobeapimp; 07-08-2004 at 12:38 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information