Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    builtthekid is offline Banned
    Yeah that **** probably wouldnt fly in my family.
    And mainly because of my cultural background and
    upbringing.

Spyder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    All good advice with the exception of a couple.

Dude, trust me on this, it's weird now because you haven't met the other guy yet. When you do, it will be weird for maybe an hour, or however long it takes for you to sit down and have a beer with him.
    It barely ever happens, but I actually agree with bad_man. everything is weird in the beginning, but after you get past that initial introduction, you'll be cool with his boyfriend, and accept your brother still as a "bro" ...i actually think he made out pretty well. there are a ton of gay guys that act feminine and many that act just like straight men. if i was gay, id wanna be like your brother.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorcc
    My brother's recent coming out would have been a lot harder on the family had he been a complete flamer, but fortunately he's a very manly gay man. For some reason that has lessened the blow. He now has a significant other that is also "another one of the guys," and the family is trying to get to know and accept him- however, it's still hard. The guy seems cool, but I can't get over the weirdness of it all. We're planning on a Thanksgiving family reunion that would bring everyone, including our spouses and "others" together. Are there any suggestion on how me and my fiance should try and bond with the new addition to the fam? Has anyone else had similar issues?
    I would suggest you stop refering to them as " another one of the guys" and "others"- their still human being with feelings just like everyone else who walks this planet. It's your brother so love him and if he is happy then his happiness should be enough for you and your family.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    If it were my brother, I'd disown him. But thats just me, you're probably more tolerant than I am.
    I hope sometime in life you never have to choose between loving your flesh and blood or your offspring because of you blind hatred and ignorance, but that is just my opinion.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    If it were my brother, I'd disown him. But thats just me, you're probably more tolerant than I am.
    do you have a brother, mine is my best friend, i am not tolerant at all, and i would never disown him, i hope you are trying to be funny and you are not that ignorant, everyone makes bad jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    Same here dude. Aint no way no how. We're Catholic, that $hit dont fly.
    How ironic coming from a Catholic who is not supposed to judge others.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    just think about how much your brother must really care for you and your family . it must have been extremely difficult for him to tell everyone.

could you have told him something similar? it takes some balls man!

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    Same here dude. Aint no way no how. We're Catholic, that $hit dont fly.
    so why are priests pedophiles, i am catholic also, he is gay beacause he was born that way, its not by choice, he is a bigger man for coming out and facing all the controversy rather than hiding it, or keeping it a secret, he obviuosly has confidence in his family that they will accept this over time, but in the beginning might be a little weird

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    do you have a brother, mine is my best friend, i am not tolerant at all, and i would never disown him, i hope you are trying to be funny and you are not that ignorant, everyone makes bad jokes
    What's ignorant about having an opinion? I don't like gay people. I dont like broccoli. Does not liking brocolli make me ignorant too?

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    It barely ever happens, but I actually agree with bad_man.
    What's that supposed to mean???

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    What's ignorant about having an opinion? I don't like gay people. I dont like broccoli. Does not liking brocolli make me ignorant too?
    It's no different from saying I don't like White people, I don't like Black people, I don't like Hispanic people. Would you call that ignorant?

Yes.

He's not referring to food. He's referring to a human begin, his brother. He asked for advice. Not for your prejudice views. You would have been better off skipping the thread.
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 07-27-2004 at 02:47 PM.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Why don't you like gay people? My aunt is gay and I could care less, it is almost normal to go to her house and see her around other chicks. I don't understand what the problem with gay people is.

<<LMO>>

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Jeez, you tell someone what you would do in a certain situation and everyone attacks your opinions and views. No big deal guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    You would have been better off skipping the thread.
    I agree.... lesson learned.
    Last edited by AandF6969; 07-27-2004 at 02:51 PM.

not liking broccoli is because of a reason that is justified due to a persons sense of taste for that food. Not liking someone because of their sexual preference in life rather it effects you or doesnt effect is ignorant. Kind of like not liking a person because their skin color, hair color, tattoos, piercings, launguage, religion, etc.. thats ignorance No one in their right mind judges another person because of a certain food choice, dislike or like(not unless you're PETA)
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Maraxus is offline Banned
    My Uncle was gay. He taught me how to dress, and how to treat a woman. I love him for that, gay straight bi, as long as you have a good heart and a good mind, youre a great person in my book.

doctorcc is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    I would suggest you stop refering to them as " another one of the guys" and "others"- their still human being with feelings just like everyone else who walks this planet. It's your brother so love him and if he is happy then his happiness should be enough for you and your family.
    By "another one of the guys" I ment that he was like my brother- very masculine acting. I have actually met him, and find him a very nice guy. He will definantly be invited to the Super Bowl party next year- kinda guy.

I know it's my brother, and my love for him is unconditional. I think the point I'm trying to make is that I need suggestions on how to cope with the change (Tock did a wonderful write-up, thank you).

he is family, i dont turn my back on family, especially not a brother, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    ... gay straight bi, as long as you have a good heart and a good mind, youre a great person in my book.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by doctorcc
    By "another one of the guys" I ment that he was like my brother- very masculine acting. I have actually met him, and find him a very nice guy. He will definantly be invited to the Super Bowl party next year- kinda guy.

I know it's my brother, and my love for him is unconditional. I think the point I'm trying to make is that I need suggestions on how to cope with the change (Tock did a wonderful write-up, thank you).

ahh, I see my bad.
    change is always not a bad thing. Just think! now you have another brother to kick it with,lol no, but serious. When I found out my brother way gay I just kinda of accepted it for what it was. he was still my brother, we still loved each other unconditionally and nothing will ever break that from us. As my mom alwasy said- she never cared who we dated as long as we were happy! if we were happy then she was happy for us and our life!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate people that don't like broccoli.

LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    I hate people that don't like broccoli.
    YOU BIGGETT, is that how you spell it?

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    YOU BIGGETT, is that how you spell it?
    I hate people who can't spell Bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I hate people who can't spell Bigot.
    i was so close

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    im a biggettte .. its not the same as a bigot tho.

and to do with gheyity... ahhh well .. who cares man, live life ... "suc it up" ehehehe .. dont worry man, it took alot for him to tell ya right? may as well respect him for being "straight" with ya.

anyways, dont worry man. just enjoy your life and let him enjoy his and live life the way you always did, he's still your bro ... bro.

and Party boy man... geesus BRO .. were here for ya man!

I broke off with my old biatch..and found a new one in hours.. no shat .. you should just go out and do the same... dont look for another to replace her, just go out man and some good OLD FASHION FUN! ...(drunken pickin up chicks and humpin)

I just don't like gay people.
    Which ones? Certainly, you can't just lump them all together and generalize them

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Which ones? Certainly, you can't just lump them all together and generalize them
    i think its the gays that eat broccoli

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    the guy is your brother - nothing he does will ever change that - your feelings for him should still be that you love him cuz he is your brother - that does not mean that you have to accept his lifestyle or his actions - no more than if he married someone that you thought was not right - I have a cousin who is currently in a gay relationship - I dont think that is right - I also still love my cousin and can have great conversations with her - nor do I put her down in anyway - But that doesnt change my opinion on gay sex whatsoever

you people need to get in your heads that accepting a person for who they are and accepting what someone choses to do are different things - most of you have been suckered into that argument without even realizing it

mass junkie is offline banned
    If people could just learn to accept people for who they are.........Life would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    If people could just learn to accept people for who they are.........Life would be perfect.
    i accept short people

Dally is offline The Dally Lama

I agree Mass

thats what I say.

I am a so into rolling around in old cabbage mixed with balsamic vinegar in the morning right before cardio.

why cant people accept that?

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I know what you mean, but pedophiles, rapists, bigots (or the french variation, bigettes). In fact, I'd like to change most people. However, the people whose actions do nothing to harm others are fine by me. Clearly, people who have no choice in their situation also should not be judged based on their "situation", be it race, height, physical appearance, sexual orientation (sorry, Cycleon....you know where I stand on this....I understand your view of this too), or anything else for which they are not responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    thats what I say.

I am a so into rolling around in old cabbage mixed with balsamic vinegar in the morning right before cardio.

why cant people accept that?

I'm German too....it's OK with me

i accept short people
    you're just mad because "us" short people have longer schlongs that you.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

you're just mad because "us" short people have longer schlongs that you.
    i am short also

V_Xsucks is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Flamers are the homogays who think theyre chicks. They do drag, and **** like that.

Perfect example. Mass Junkie.
    did I miss something .

MARAXUS VS MASSJUNKIE

i am short also
    sure you are. Now you just want to be down
    abstrack@protonmail.com

sure you are. Now you just want to be down
    your right, i am on the taller side of 5'9

decadbal is offline Banned
    great responses from alot of bros here, and alot of disappointments that some guys think its the 30s and that gay ppl are differnet. just act like you did before you knew, your brother loves you enough to let you into something so big to him he hid it, so love him like he deserves...

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    To disown your brother because of his sexual preference is just not right. He's your blood. Would you want a member of your family to disown you because they didn't approve of your lifestyle? That't your BLOOD. And when the s$$t hits the fan....and everyone around you bails....it's your BLOOD that sticks by you. You don't have to approve of or support his choices in life... but he's not hurting anyone, he's not breaking any laws, so to turn your back on him is wrong. But that's MY opinion.

I wasn't criticizing anyone else's attitudes, only stating my own. Honestly I just don't like gay people.
    I guess since my views differer from the majority in this thread my attitude must "suck"

Speak for yourself there, bro, relegion doesnt play a part in it, if I was a satanist I think I'd still have the same views toward homosexuality. It's not like I follow all the other rules of Catholicism perfectly.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information