stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member

Dropping the weights in the gym part 2

A lot of you have read my earlier thread:
    dropping the weights in the gym
    Dropping the weights

I showed this to the guy who she was referring to, and he wrote this and will send it to the school's newspaper shortly and hope it gets published

Proud Member of the Tait Mckenzie (that's the name of the school's gym) Ape Squad
    -written by Mark Klement

It seems that prejudice will never end. York University is a place where people of all nationalities, creeds, races, and religions gather with one common goal in mind; to be the best person that they could be. A friend of mine told me about a newspaper article published in the York Newspaper by one “concerned gym patron”. I read this article and realized that it was about me. Or about someone like minded, because I don’t ever remember saying “hi” to anyone coming off of a Stairmaster. The newspaper article discussed men in the gym who lifted heavy weights and made a lot of noise to go along with it, not only that but yes, we do look at ourselves in the mirror and all this was done of course out of “Machismo” in the authors mind. ‘Concerned Tait patron’ we are not like you. We work out hard. We sweat. Every day of our lives is dedicated to being the best that we can be. We train hard, we eat every three hours, we count or calories, we know things about nutrition that will make any professors head spin. We gather in the gyms with other apes because we are likeminded people, a gym is not a place to relax, the bedroom is, there is nothing relaxing about training. If you find training and working out relaxing then you’re simply not working hard enough.
    It is ignorant people like you, concerned member, who make this world such a consciences place to live in. We were all, that small child who had a dream. My dream was to be like my hero Arnold Schwarzzenegger. And the funny thing is, I actually find you’re article inspiring. I like being compared to an animal, especially one as powerful as an ape. Thank you. Oh, and when you stare at a guy, he’s not going to think that he is doing something wrong, the chances are he thinks you like him. But you’re to busy thinking about yourself, and your day to care about how anyone else thinks or feels. I will end my rebuttal to your article with this quote by my hero, Arnold Schwarzzenegger, “ For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer…”

Here are some questions to answers that you may have about “apes” or “baboons” like me… by the way… I am now a proud member of the Tait Mackenzie Ape Squad! - We’re going to print T-Shirts!

Question: why do you lift so much weight?

Answer: I’ll quote eight times Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman, “Every body wants to be a body builder, ain’t know one wanna lift no heavy ass weights.” If you want to get big, you have to lift big. Plain and simple.

Question: why do you make noise while working out?

Answer: Several reasons. Screaming while working out, especially while doing a rep, ensures that you are breathing properly, inhaling on the negative, exhaling on the positive. This prevents injury and allows you to squeeze out more reps. Also, when you have over five hundred pounds on your back, the air kind of forces itself out of you, you don’t even realize it. And according to Steinhaus “shouting during the application of force increased strength scores by 12.2%”

Question: Why do you look at yourself in the mirror?

Answer: Most of us want to compete, I’m competing in a body building competition in June. I want to make sure that we’re developing properly, and that our muscles are in proportion to one another. Also, I have had problems in the past developing my rear delts, they are now my strong point, that is why I always look at my back in the mirror, to make sure its no longer lagging.

And Finally, Question: Do girls actually like muscles?

Answer: We’re just like a pint of Keith’s “Those who like it, like it a lot.” I’m pretty sure most women would prefer the feel of a muscular body over that of a flabby body any day. They may not prefer us in relationships, because we watch what we eat, and revolve our days around a workout schedule, and we’re overly judgmental, especially about ourselves. However, when a woman’s running her fingers down your body, you know that she “likes” muscles. Oh, and the opening of your article compares us to an adult film, so I guess we apes got you thinking too.

I will end off by saying this, “you pay for what you get” if you hate men that much, and despise the way some of us act, go to an all woman’s facility. For every person who finds us offensive, five more find us inspiring. Everyone has a common goal to succeed in life, but our ways of achieving them, and how we define success are all different. Stop being over critical and try to understand us, men have tried to understand women for thousands of years, we admit that we know nothing about them. Why don’t you try and do the same, and stop blaming your ignorance on “Machismo” because it’s about way more then that. It’s about friendship, it’s about dedication, it’s about motivating the guy beside you, and its about being the best person that you can be.

…a special thanks to my buddy and training partner Clive, for giving me two of the greatest quotes I have ever heard. Thanks.

LX-1 is offline Banned
    lol thats good stuff. . .there are some dudes in the gym who are obnoxious with the grunting and shit though.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    You go to York University...as in Ontario?
    That was a good response, hopefully for his sake it gets published.

-Bino

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    It's OK but I would get someone to proof read it before it goes anywhere, for instance what is your buddy trying to say when he says "It is ignorant people like you, concerned member, who make this world such a consciences place to live in."? Does he mean self conscious or conscientious maybe?

Also I would add to the answer to the question "Why do you look at yourself in the mirror?" that it is so we can monitor our form as we lift.

And to the answer to the question "Do girls actually like muscles?" I would add that, despite what she thinks, not everything we do is motivated by the desire to attract females.

Oh and the expression is "you get what you pay for" not "you pay for what you get" - think about it, it makes more sense that way.

Please don't think I'm trying to be a smartass, I just don't want that stuck up lesbian pulling your friends rebuttal to pieces.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    great rebuttal

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    It's OK but I would get someone to proof read it before it goes anywhere, for instance what is your buddy trying to say when he says "It is ignorant people like you, concerned member, who make this world such a consciences place to live in."? Does he mean self conscious or conscientious maybe?

Also I would add to the answer to the question "Why do you look at yourself in the mirror?" that it is so we can monitor our form as we lift.

And to the answer to the question "Do girls actually like muscles?" I would add that, despite what she thinks, not everything we do is motivated by the desire to attract females.

Oh and the expression is "you get what you pay for" not "you pay for what you get" - think about it, it makes more sense that way.

Please don't think I'm trying to be a smartass, I just don't want that stuck up lesbian pulling your friends rebuttal to pieces.
    yeah that and a few grammar errors in other places. Same thing though. I just want this bitch to take him seriously and not nit pick on errors. He has great points and I hope she reads this..

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    get that proofread; too many sentences ending in prepositions and too much wavering between past and present tenses.

also recommended: downplay the critical tone. it comes off hypocritical when you judge another for judging you. stick with the explanations and tolerance content.

just my suggestions.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    wouldn't want to perpetuate the 'dumb meathead' stereotype any further, right?

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    aweseome....that'll put her in her place....definately proofread though, i only noticed the problem notsmall stated but there could be a couple other small ones

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    i love that ronnie quote too, it's one of my favoirites

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    also recommended: downplay the critical tone. it comes off hypocritical when you judge another for judging you. stick with the explanations and tolerance content.
    Couldn't agree more.

Schwarz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall

Agreed. Great response on the whole. very insiring and structured well.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    haha that will shut the fat bitch up

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    wouldn't want to perpetuate the 'dumb meathead' stereotype any further, right?
    yep thats what i was gonna say too..

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by diezell
    haha that will shut the fat bitch up
    in her face!

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    You go to York University...as in Ontario?
    That was a good response, hopefully for his sake it gets published.

-Bino
    yes i do, in ontario

thanks for your suggestions guys! Ill advise him of them. Hopefully we can end the stigma created against people who like to lift heavy and make a bit of noise while doing it.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Very nice rebuttal, i would also proof read it and if you need my help (Composition is easy for me) i will do my best.

Ronnie actually said "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but noone wants to lift no heavy ass weight".

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Very nice rebuttal, i would also proof read it and if you need my help (Composition is easy for me) i will do my best.

Ronnie actually said "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but noone wants to lift no heavy ass weight".
    i thought it was "everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight." i dunno he says it more than once...did anyone see ronnie coleman on the road dvd? seems like he is under contractual obligation to say "yeah buddy" "light weight" and "aint nothin but a peanut" atleast 40 times each....dougherty was like "was that lightweight, ron?" then he looks confused and is like "oh yeah...ummmm...light weight baby aint nothin but a peanut."

speedtraining is offline Senior Member
    good work.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    i thought it was "everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight." i dunno he says it more than once...did anyone see ronnie coleman on the road dvd? seems like he is under contractual obligation to say "yeah buddy" "light weight" and "aint nothin but a peanut" atleast 40 times each....dougherty was like "was that lightweight, ron?" then he looks confused and is like "oh yeah...ummmm...light weight baby aint nothin but a peanut."
    Wow. I have to see that. Maybe he IS under a contractual obligation to say it a bunch of times!

chest6 is offline Banned
    hahahaha someone asking him so Ron..was that light weight or heavy weight? Was it nuthin but a peanut?

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    "excuse me mr. coleman, you see that loaded barbell over there, i would have said it was a rather heavy weight, and it resembled a coconut. what would you describe it as good sir?" any guesses on what his reply would be???

Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    "excuse me mr. coleman, you see that loaded barbell over there, i would have said it was a rather heavy weight, and it resembled a coconut. what would you describe it as good sir?" any guesses on what his reply would be???
    hahahahahahahahah!!! seriously though if you saw his new dvd you would know what im talkin about...he used to yell "YEAH BUDDY! LIGHT WEIGHT!" now he just says it like its a normal part of his vocab.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Wow. I have to see that. Maybe he IS under a contractual obligation to say it a bunch of times!
    yeah whenever they are going over the contract for the new dvd, mitsuru (the director) says "okay ron well lets forgot about the workouts for right now, but i think for this dvd you should say yeah buddy 30 times, lightweight 50 times, and lets keep the aint nothin but a peanut to about 10 times."

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    He misquoted ronnie so it holds up nothing with me!

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    i usually dont drop weights in the gym, but back in the day i was doing incline bench in my room. i started to struggle, and accidentally let a 50 pound plate slide off the bar, and right on to the edge of my oak desk. it bounced off that leaving a good sized gash in the edge, and hit my sheet rock wall, knocking a hole in that too

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LX-1
    lol thats good stuff. . .there are some dudes in the gym who are obnoxious with the grunting and shit though.
    sometimes i feel the grunting will help me get through a last rep believe it or not..although i do feel it is sometimes out of place but i do what i gotta do i think anyone of actually pushing themselves is guilty of grunting and there is nothing wrong with that

Thread Information