Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    dude that's what i want to do to, i've had a dream of creating a faster than light propulsion system for spacecraft since i was like six......after my engineering degree i'll go on and get a masters in either astronautical engineering or astrophysics (granted that you can of course)

good luck on trying to create faster than light travel, if you figure out how to achieve that, then you will officially be the man

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    Bachelor of science in neuroscience and behavioral bio....working on a masters of science in biopharmacology Eventually would like to get a doctorate

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    i was of the opinion that if you go faster than light you are violting special and general relativity??

however warp drive (sounds like star trek, but is quite theoretical possiblity) can make this come true,, however your ship would not physically be travelling at that speed... read about it on wikipedia... i dont have the knowledge to understand something like that.

ironmike250 is offline Associate Member
    I got a degree in Information Technology and Network Security Management.

I hate it! Gonna do NOTHING with it!

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Will finish my chemical engineering BS in a few weeks. Will be a couple courses short of also having a BS in mathematics, but won't finish it because no cares about it. Next fall I begin to earn an MS in Applied Mathematics and an MS in Chemical Engineering. My research is in mathematical biology.

fijiman09 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike250
    I got a degree in Information Technology and Network Security Management.

I hate it! Gonna do NOTHING with it!
    I thought IT had the most openings with the highest paying entry level salaries in the business arena right now. . .

fijiman09 is offline New Member
    I'm studying Business Admin with a concentration in finance. I also would like to get my Masters. . .either a MBA or a MS in finance- or both.

Schwarz is offline Member
    Economics and business entrepeneurship. I now run several brothels and sex shops across London

JK - Degree in law

squatdaddy is offline Associate Member
    BS in Comp Sci
    Work as a database Admin for a fairly well known engineering college
    as far as propulsion systems ... have you seen this?
    http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=16902006

AN EXTRAORDINARY "hyperspace" engine that could make interstellar space travel a reality by flying into other dimensions is being investigated by the United States government.

The hypothetical device, which has been outlined in principle but is based on a controversial theory about the fabric of the universe, could potentially allow a spacecraft to travel to Mars in three hours and journey to a star 11 light years away in just 80 days, according to a report in today's New Scientist magazine.

The theoretical engine works by creating an intense magnetic field that, according to ideas first developed by the late scientist Burkhard Heim in the 1950s, would produce a gravitational field and result in thrust for a spacecraft.

Also, if a large enough magnetic field was created, the craft would slip into a different dimension, where the speed of light is faster, allowing incredible speeds to be reached. Switching off the magnetic field would result in the engine reappearing in our current dimension.

The US air force has expressed an interest in the idea and scientists working for the American Department of Energy - which has a device known as the Z Machine that could generate the kind of magnetic fields required to drive the engine - say they may carry out a test if the theory withstands further scrutiny.

Professor Jochem Hauser, one of the scientists who put forward the idea, told The Scotsman that if everything went well a working engine could be tested in about five years.

However, Prof Hauser, a physicist at the Applied Sciences University in Salzgitter, Germany, and a former chief of aerodynamics at the European Space Agency, cautioned it was based on a highly controversial theory that would require a significant change in the current understanding of the laws of physics.

"It would be amazing. I have been working on propulsion systems for quite a while and it would be the most amazing thing. The benefits would be almost unlimited," he said.

"But this thing is not around the corner; we first have to prove the basic science is correct and there are quite a few physicists who have a different opinion.

"It's our job to prove we are right and we are working on that."

He said the engine would enable spaceships to travel to different solar systems. "If the theory is correct then this is not science fiction, it is science fact," Prof Hauser said.

"NASA have contacted me and next week I'm going to see someone from the [US] air force to talk about it further, but it is at a very early stage. I think the best-case scenario would be within the next five years [to build a test device] if the technology works."

The US authorities' attention was attracted after Prof Hauser and an Austrian colleague, Walter Droscher, wrote a paper called "Guidelines for a space propulsion device based on Heim's quantum theory".

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    my Major is Business Managment, I go to University of Massachusetts and I plan on opening a gym of my own by the age of 30.

Realizing I wont be able to open a gym immediatly I plan on working either in the Dept of Defense under my aunt (who is practically the same rank as the president) or in some big corporation untill I can save enough for the gym

I am also a personal trainer so that will be my night job after a long day in the office!

Cardio Kitten is offline Female Member
    Journalism. Took me a year longer than it should have, as "campus bar" was always my last period of the day... Im currently working in finance though. Ive always been a math geek, I think I may actually go back to school, engineering, ...or something brainy

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by squatdaddy
    BS in Comp Sci
    Work as a database Admin for a fairly well known engineering college
    as far as propulsion systems ... have you seen this?
    http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=16902006

that is heim theory as I mentioned. But it is far far from tested. The greatest achivement of Heim theory so far is that it cant predict the mass of the particles.

So far all other aspects of it is just fascinating speculations. Time will tell
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 03-24-2006 at 12:26 PM.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    oh oh oh i 2 classes away from a medical/molecular bio degree
    then i will prolly be a pharmacist ..

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I've got one year of community college done and I currently own a bar, restaurant, and dance club in Thailand.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I am majoring in Kinesiology right now and it suits me perfectly, I am not the type of person who can sit at a desk in an office when Im older. I will end up doing some type of physiotherapy or sports trainer job.

flexin-rph is offline Member
    BS Pharm '94.....I sell drugs.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by hottmarie
    a BA in BS...bio/chem really
    really?...Ive been thinking about looking into that (currently psy)...are you saying you cant do much with it..?..errr what...

no first part was just a joke. you can do anything with it, depending on where you go to school. I went to a school with a good rep so it took me places. work hard, it is worth it and you can't go wrong with bio. I would look into genetics, that is def becoming the future.
    yeah right now Im only in BIo 101 which at my college is basically bio/chem...its supposed to be real hard...but probably doesnt mean much to you...I have an A...but mostly I find the genetics really interesting...thanks for the info...

cool thanks...

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    no problem. the first bio is usually the hardest. trying to get rid of the weak students. keep up the hard work!
    hot avatar

hottmarie is offline Female Member
    what is on your face?

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    Psych (BA), School Psych (MA).....Drug charge = no job in that field. Back to the drawing board.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I will be receiving my AS in personal training here in a couple months...
    my BA may be changing because i found a great major program and i am leaning towards health information management with a Master's in Hospital Administration... it's looking like more fun than Med School for PT and i have been doing a lot of volunteer work and interning with PT's and Athletic Trainers and i love nutrition and exercise but i can't stand doing it everyday if it isn't on a very personal level or for myself... i would rather deal with nutrition and exercise than sports injuries and prevention...but in any case, i want an advanced degree of some kind...

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Business Major Minor Econ.

Wiggum is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    major-literature
    minor-writing

law school starts this fall.
    fvk, can u imagine seeing BBB in a courtroom? teh judge would piss his/her pants.

Wiggum is offline Associate Member
    Majored in Environmental Engineering. Now I'm doing Sustainable Design consulting - basically work on design and construction projects to help build more energy efficient, more sustainable buildings - better indoor air quality, using recycled materials - stuff like that. Really good and interesting work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information