Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Well, I got some feedback about the incident today. What a ****ing liberal, unorthodox, bullshit legal system our country holds up so dearly!!! The campus is talking like they're going to toss my brother out of school because of this now. The other kid has an attorney and I believe that he is trying to press charges himself. Basically, their case is that the damage my brother did to the kid was excessive,and the kid claims he had dropped the gun and ran, not that he was running for the gun. It's all pretty plain and simple to me. Some punk who was expelled from his former school, has past charges for fighting with police, and now shows up on campus with a loaded gun looking for somebody, gets his ass kicked. The ****er held a gun to my brothers gut and cocked it 5 minutes prior to the beating, I believe he got what he deserved. Oh yeah, and the campus is trying to make him out to be some kind of violent monster, they said to my mom over the phone earlier " Are you aware of how many times this guys nose was broken?" **** that, somebody held a loaded gun to me that'd be the least of their problems!!!
    The thing they are looking at. He did not have the gun at the time of the beating and he was unarmed. Your brother was not in immediate danger at the time. Once the guy is down you don't keep hitting. He used excessive force. Whether the kid deserved it or not is not the issue. Saying he deserved a beating will not stand in front of a judge.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    The thing they are looking at. He did not have the gun at the time of the beating and he was unarmed. Your brother was not in immediate danger at the time. Once the guy is down you don't keep hitting. He used excessive force. Whether the kid deserved it or not is not the issue. Saying he deserved a beating will not stand in front of a judge.
    Watch it, making a reasonable post like this will get a slur thrown at you.

I wish your brother would have shot him. when the guy put the gun in his stomach, and then turned around or whatever if your brother could have gotten the gun.......BOOM!

Well, what had apparently happened was this kid was running towards his car when he was tackled and then beaten. However, come to find out there was more shit in the kids car, including more ammo. And the shotgun was in fact loaded. So you never know, the little **** could have been going to get something else once he realized he couldnt get to the shotty. And who really knows what excessive is unless your put in that type of situation. Like I said before, if it were myself a broken nose would have been the least of the guys worries.

I've been arrested for excessive force. I don't believe anything is really excessive once you are in fight or flight mode. If the guy had a gun. death would have been my only option (Then again I was facing 11 years)

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Well, what had apparently happened was this kid was running towards his car when he was tackled and then beaten. However, come to find out there was more shit in the kids car, including more ammo. And the shotgun was in fact loaded. So you never know, the little **** could have been going to get something else once he realized he couldnt get to the shotty. And who really knows what excessive is unless your put in that type of situation. Like I said before, if it were myself a broken nose would have been the least of the guys worries.
    I know where you're coming from bro, hell probably alot of us would have done the same as your brother, but the law cannot just allow you to beat the living shit out of someone like that.

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    I disagree Carlos. If a dude has a gun or is trying to get to one, then there is no excessive force. Example: Dude comes into my nouse with a gun and I shoot him. It doesn't matter if he intended to use the gun or not, he's in my house with a gun uninvited. The guy who got his ass kicked was threatening excessive force. I woulda shot him personally. EVERY state in the Union has the "Caastle Exception" which means that you have no affirmative legal duty to retreat from an attack in your home. Guy's lucky he didn;t get his ass killed. Bro who kicked his ass has a list of good legal defenses : heat of the moment: fear of imminent bodily harm, the list goes on and on.
    SHooting a guy once and killing him with the one shot couldnt be classed as excessive force. shooting a guy 20 times would be classed as excessive if it proved that the last few shots killed him. so to be honest the castle exception is balls if you ask me.
    irst question they would ask here is why didnt you call the police at the erliest oppertunity instead of waiting till it erupted. in the US you might have a good chance of walking i dont know how it works over there but in the UK you would be looking at time deffinatley assault is assault weather provoked or not.

stee is offline Member
    Hey calos come on this aint the real world anymore, stop talking so much sense people will think you are a neard. That straight talking stuff dont hold up here you got to say "hey thats shit man i would have pounded his head eight ways from sunday" or somthing, geez man get real its clear that talking how the judge will see it dont matter here, its not the truth they are looking for, its justification they are looking for.

If you ask me tho. its better to walk away. can anyone please tell me im wrong becasue everything on this thread seems directed to not who is breaking the law but who desearved a beating, right or wrongly i dont care. the law dont see it like that! if im wrong and speaking out of turn i am really sorry and ill say no more ont the subject.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Y'all are getting soft on crime!

Quote Originally Posted by stee
    SHooting a guy once and killing him with the one shot couldnt be classed as excessive force. shooting a guy 20 times would be classed as excessive if it proved that the last few shots killed him. so to be honest the castle exception is balls if you ask me.
    irst question they would ask here is why didnt you call the police at the erliest oppertunity instead of waiting till it erupted. in the US you might have a good chance of walking i dont know how it works over there but in the UK you would be looking at time deffinatley assault is assault weather provoked or not.

We got the castle exception from you Brits! I read the case law from the isles and am shocked at how little UK law seems to resepct the home. There is a great case about some farmer that shot some burgler with a mile-long rap shet and the farmer did time. My state could be the most liberal in the US and even we can shoot home invaders!

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    We got the castle exception from you Brits! I read the case law from the isles and am shocked at how little UK law seems to resepct the home. There is a great case about some farmer that shot some burgler with a mile-long rap shet and the farmer did time. My state could be the most liberal in the US and even we can shoot home invaders!
    before you say anything more. dont refer to me as British.
    The law withe defending your property has always been in, it is just how far you take it. you cannot take it to the Nth degree like the USthe farmer did time because he shot the guy running away. if the guy would have had a gun and he had been shot the chest he wouldnt have done any.
    after that debacle there was a big recess in parlement and they passed a law to use reasonable force.
    this law has never been any different.
    im not saying the farmer desearved time, what he desearved was a cake and arse party and a golden fvcking hand shake off the queen.
    but im not a minister and cannot really view my opinion.
    the reason he did time is becase it was seen int eh eyes of the law as excessive.

my friend stabbed a guy who came in to his house 3 years ago.
    he told the police he run on the the kinfe.
    reasonable cause gave him the right and he got off with out a charge. the story being was the guy ran on to the knife.
    he caught him in the kitchen and picked up a bread kinfe the guy tried to run past him and hw ran on to the kinfe.

bolox the guy did 9 years in the special forces and im not talking the marines or paras, you want my story he kinfed him. but the fact was he didnt kill the guy and he was stabbed in the door way of the kitchen.
    gave the police reasonable casue to belive that his story was true.

whos side you gonna belive??

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yeah, that's rough.

He and a few buddies could have restrained the guy.

When you "beat someone beyond recognition", that's another thing entirely.

~SC~

ditto...he sounds like he clearly crosses that line

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information