Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NOREGRETS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    What I don't understand. How can someone be into bodybuilding and fitness and smoke? One contradicts the other.

*Picture in my head of someone on a treadmill with a cigarette hanging from their mouth.*
    lol, you got me, some people just don't make sense.

archeryblackdog is offline Junior Member
    Smooking is gross it shall be against the law, it is very nasty from the smokers to pollute verything arround them but the goverment shall take a more active part in helping this pour suckers quit.

Smookers know they suck and they are ashamed of it, but they cant help it

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    What I don't understand. How can someone be into bodybuilding and fitness and smoke? One contradicts the other.

*Picture in my head of someone on a treadmill with a cigarette hanging from their mouth.*
    Its a sorry ass addiction that I don't have the willpower to break. I am not for smoking...I don't smoke in my house, I don't bitch about "no smoking" places, I know it is "bad", etc...but to "hate" people for it? Thats pretty fvcked up, but if ya gotta hate...then hate on.....

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teabagger
    Its a sorry ass addiction that I don't have the willpower to break. I am not for smoking...I don't smoke in my house, I don't bitch about "no smoking" places, I know it is "bad", etc...but to "hate" people for it? Thats pretty fvcked up, but if ya gotta hate...then hate on.....
    i never once said i ever hated smokers. i hate smoking in general, but that does not necessarily mean i hate smokers.

as far as your other previous post about being "mr. tough-guy" who does whatever he wants with his cigarette butts and "better not say anything to me", go back to your cave with your club and "ooga-booga" all you want with your macho garbage, cause nobodies impressed. if you'd be willing to get in a fight over a habit you say you don't even like, i'm sure logic and reasoning is completely lost on you.

how could you possibly be proud of having no respect for others? again, this is a perfect example of the kind of inconsiderate, self-centered, ignorant mentality that smokers have, and again, why cigarettes should be taken off the market. after all, if they were taken off the market, you'd have no choice but to quit your habit that you don't have the "willpower" to do.

if you truly believe you have a legitimate argument here, go ahead and read my other posts and try to justify your side of the situation, saying as it seems bojangles has failed to do so. i do believe i've covered all bases on the unfairness of the situation to non-smokers, so it's all out there for you to comment on.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archeryblackdog
    Smooking is gross it shall be against the law, it is very nasty from the smokers to pollute verything arround them but the goverment shall take a more active part in helping this pour suckers quit.

Smookers know they suck and they are ashamed of it, but they cant help it
    if smoking were illegal healthcare costs would plummet in the next 30 yrs.....
    thats the upside. the downside is that prohibition would be next lol, and i need beer!!! that and weed would never be legal....dont smoke anymore but im just saying lol.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    WHO CARES

Rye_guy is offline Member
    yeah,

I hate to admit I cant stand smokers, mainly because I at one point used to smoke. It is true though, most of my friends smoke, we're always around other people who smoke...

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    i never once said i ever hated smokers. i hate smoking in general, but that does not necessarily mean i hate smokers.

as far as your other previous post about being "mr. tough-guy" who does whatever he wants with his cigarette butts and "better not say anything to me", go back to your cave with your club and "ooga-booga" all you want with your macho garbage, cause nobodies impressed. if you'd be willing to get in a fight over a habit you say you don't even like, i'm sure logic and reasoning is completely lost on you.

how could you possibly be proud of having no respect for others? again, this is a perfect example of the kind of inconsiderate, self-centered, ignorant mentality that smokers have, and again, why cigarettes should be taken off the market. after all, if they were taken off the market, you'd have no choice but to quit your habit that you don't have the "willpower" to do.

if you truly believe you have a legitimate argument here, go ahead and read my other posts and try to justify your side of the situation, saying as it seems bojangles has failed to do so. i do believe i've covered all bases on the unfairness of the situation to non-smokers, so it's all out there for you to comment on.
    Ok aristotle...you sure put me in my place. I'll just skulk back to my cave while I whistle oooga oooga because I would never attempt to match wit, logic, or......verboseness with you....You're the Man bro......

Bojangles69 is offline Banned

look, you talk entirely too much about logic and reasoning for someone who speaks consistent nonsensical mumbo jumbo. is it logical to bitch about smokers when you know damn well no good will come out of it? is it logical to say CIGARETTES SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF THE MARKET?!?!?! they never have and never will. open a history book, it hasnt changed in the last however many thousand years, and im sure our primate predecessor non-smokers whine and complained about it but NOTHING happened, its still legal always will. you need to seriously reevaluate your belief system. Is is logical to think anything you preach, say or do will have even the slightest bit of change of anything in society? NO!! So whats your logical (theres that word again) reason for doing so. You misinterpret every thing is say for the sake of raising a not even semi-decent debate. I never said half the crap you said i was, and every post you have is a rerun of your last.
    so ill finish it like this, right.. go out, get into politics, become elected a senator and try to change the laws in your state, otherwise.. the just quit bitching, accept the true fact that a non-smoker doesnt have to accomodate you and you dont have to accomodate them but any socially coherent person out of the kindess of thier heart can make a simple decision to walk away from a cloud of smoke without feeling like less of a human being (like you obviously do, because you feel UNACCOMODATED) as for the club and bar, if your going there at such a frequency where the threat of second hand smoke poses a serious risk to your long term well being, i would first question the amount of time your spending there to begin with. if your next to a smoker in the bar, and he got where he is first, walk away if it bothers you. Or pick a fight and get thrown out. Or better yet, go to Home Depot they sell gas masks for about 40$.

know what bojangles? i'll actually admit you're right on one thing here, which is arguing about it on here is pointless. when it comes to the real-world, all that matters is money, and since there's no money in taking cigarettes off the market, the fda will never ban them.

i of course did not start this post expecting it to shut down the tobacco industry. the entire intent of this post was for people to relate to each other on a matter that is morally wrong and should be adjusted to be fair for both sides. isn't that the whole point of the lounge is to just chat about whatever?

personally, the laws I've seen them enforce in NY is enough for me. as long as i can go to a club without my girl having to deal with her eyes burning from cigarette smoke, i don't care what smokers do with themselves. however, in FL here, we don't have that law yet, so naturally i'm frustrated. as in my initial post, the intent here was for me to vent about something i know i personally can't change at this point.

the reason i wouldn't mind seeing smoking banned is because allowing it on the market as it is now makes it seem it's not as bad as it is, which you seem to have bought into yourself. however, i believe if someone wants to do something, that's their choice, but if it's something harmful, the general public should not "embrace" it as they do smoking.

my only intention on discussing things with you was merely a hope that you could see things from another perspective and understand that smokers affect other peoples quality of living and the laws they're making against it are well more than justified. no matter where a smoker is, they're never far from a door, so again, it's asking very little for them to go outside to indulge in their habit.

on another note, if you feel this is pointless, why continue the discussion? personally, i find you to have very strong character and i'm curious as to how firmly you'll stick with beliefs, despite virtually unlimited support behind the contradictory aspect. i also wonder why you choose to do so, as you seem to be a fairly intelligent individual and should be able to clearly see reasoning on the flip-side, yet seem to fail to understand the far more logical reasoning behind the opposing thoughts on this discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by *Alex*
    WHO CARES
    Agreed i used to smoke myself (16yrs. to 22yrs. old) but doesn't bother me unless someone blows that shit directly in my face out of disrespect then i'll have too put that cig out on their forehead.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bologna
    then i'll have too put that cig out on their forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    UH O you sound like you want some uh o, uh o well put em up lets see what you got punk! Me~> <~You...

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Bologna
    UH O you sound like you want some uh o, uh o well put em up lets see what you got punk! Me~> <~You...

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    OK so this thread is getting out of hand, admittedly the title of the thread is a bit inflammatory - I wouldn't go so far as to say that I can't stand smokers, if people want to pay a fortune to constantly smell bad while simultaneously dramatically increasing the risk of them developing a multitude of health problems then I say "It's your choice, carry on"

All I ask is that they respect my choice of not wanting to constantly smell bad and dramatically increase the risk of me developing a multitude of health problems, this means them not smoking in enclosed public spaces.

To those of you who say that I should stay at home and never visit bars/clubs/restaurants etc I say fuck you! - it is my right to visit these places and I should not have have to stink or run the risk of cancer etc and an early grave just to enjoy a beer/meal in public, and before the militant smokers start talking about smoking/non smoking areas - they don't work, we can still smell you, and if we can still smell you then we're still getting the fumes.

Also we have to think of the employees working in these establishments, should the fact that they are unable to get a job elsewhere mean that they are automatically sentenced to smelling bad and getting smoking related ailments?

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    I can't stand them. They always think it is okay to walk past you with a burning cigarette. Assholes.

Love
    Anna

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    know what bojangles? i'll actually admit you're right on one thing here, which is arguing about it on here is pointless. when it comes to the real-world, all that matters is money, and since there's no money in taking cigarettes off the market, the fda will never ban them.

i of course did not start this post expecting it to shut down the tobacco industry. the entire intent of this post was for people to relate to each other on a matter that is morally wrong and should be adjusted to be fair for both sides. isn't that the whole point of the lounge is to just chat about whatever?

personally, the laws I've seen them enforce in NY is enough for me. as long as i can go to a club without my girl having to deal with her eyes burning from cigarette smoke, i don't care what smokers do with themselves. however, in FL here, we don't have that law yet, so naturally i'm frustrated. as in my initial post, the intent here was for me to vent about something i know i personally can't change at this point.

the reason i wouldn't mind seeing smoking banned is because allowing it on the market as it is now makes it seem it's not as bad as it is, which you seem to have bought into yourself. however, i believe if someone wants to do something, that's their choice, but if it's something harmful, the general public should not "embrace" it as they do smoking.

my only intention on discussing things with you was merely a hope that you could see things from another perspective and understand that smokers affect other peoples quality of living and the laws they're making against it are well more than justified. no matter where a smoker is, they're never far from a door, so again, it's asking very little for them to go outside to indulge in their habit.

on another note, if you feel this is pointless, why continue the discussion? personally, i find you to have very strong character and i'm curious as to how firmly you'll stick with beliefs, despite virtually unlimited support behind the contradictory aspect. i also wonder why you choose to do so, as you seem to be a fairly intelligent individual and should be able to clearly see reasoning on the flip-side, yet seem to fail to understand the far more logical reasoning behind the opposing thoughts on this discussion?
    well i commend your ability to have an intellectual debate regardless of the circumstances and whos right or whos wrong. most people would have gotten offensive at this point and that says a lot about your character, you seem like a very composed and patient person. you made a lot of good points, some a little unreasonable just like i have. more logical reasoning does say its illogical to smoke, for a certain type of individual however. some people not so much want to die, but the threat of death in thier future doesnt effect them the same way it does you. the reason for this i believe, they dont have as much to live for as you do, i believe thats what it truley boils down to. in another mans eyes they have eveything to live for, but for the world as they see it, its a different story. but i do understand you, and every point you have made makes sense, i just wanted to represent the minority. why? i dont know, maybe just because so often their voices go unheard, and i just thought people needed to broaden thier perspective on the topic.

squatdaddy is offline Associate Member
    smoke all you want... just don't exhale

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by squatdaddy
    smoke all you want... just don't exhale
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    well i commend your ability to have an intellectual debate regardless of the circumstances and whos right or whos wrong. most people would have gotten offensive at this point and that says a lot about your character, you seem like a very composed and patient person. you made a lot of good points, some a little unreasonable just like i have. more logical reasoning does say its illogical to smoke, for a certain type of individual however. some people not so much want to die, but the threat of death in thier future doesnt effect them the same way it does you. the reason for this i believe, they dont have as much to live for as you do, i believe thats what it truley boils down to. in another mans eyes they have eveything to live for, but for the world as they see it, its a different story. but i do understand you, and every point you have made makes sense, i just wanted to represent the minority. why? i dont know, maybe just because so often their voices go unheard, and i just thought people needed to broaden thier perspective on the topic.
    well, good to know we can have conflicting opinions on a situation and still have respect for each other. though we'll most likely never see eye to eye on this issue, that doesn't mean we have to have issues with each other about everything else and make it personal. it's all good on my end man, nothing more than a debate is all. once a debate becomes heated and turns into an argument, nothing gets accompished, so i always avoid taking things that direction.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    dont worry ascendant there are so many transplanted NY'rs in FLA im sure that law will creap its way into your legislation soon!!!! what i really dont like is when im on vacation and walk into a bar or club......its such a shock to me that people can sit in that smokey environment all night. I walk in, hack my lungs up and get annoyed. i never realized it when it was legal to smoke indoors here i guess i was so used to it, but after the law passed it really gives going out a totally different vibe. its awesome.

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    i always smoke when i drink, but i never drink nemore really
    but at a bar, ya its like customary to be around smoke....pussies !
    i still love u guys though

Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    dont worry ascendant there are so many transplanted NY'rs in FLA im sure that law will creap its way into your legislation soon!!!! what i really dont like is when im on vacation and walk into a bar or club......its such a shock to me that people can sit in that smokey environment all night. I walk in, hack my lungs up and get annoyed. i never realized it when it was legal to smoke indoors here i guess i was so used to it, but after the law passed it really gives going out a totally different vibe. its awesome.
    yea, that law is one of the few things i'd go back to NY for. but then again, the weather alone will keep me from going back. while you guys had that blizzard, i was by the pool chillin.

i can deal with the smoke when i have to, even though the smell disgusts me and i get frustrated that whatever i wore that night needs to go right into the wash cause it stinks. what bothers me most is my wife is just so sensitive to the smoke, we can't be out in a club like that for more than an hour before she has to leave cause her eyes are bloodshot and burning. i know i've said that a couple times in previous posts, but just wanted to reiterate that though the smoking bothers me, she literally can't be around it for very long, so it limits the places we can go to, or at minimum, how long we can go to them.

diamonds is offline Banned
    Quit bitching about hating smokers and smelling like smoke. If you are gonna go to a club or bar.....go expecting that the majority of people will be smoking. I hate smelling like a chinamen after I eat chinese food but you don't see me bitchin

Superhuman is offline Banned
    I cannot believe that people still smoke in the 21st century. In the big cities now it's mainly 16-25 year olds and that's there way of being rebellious and showing everybody that they cool. it's ridiculous. Now, cigars and chewing tobacco is not that bad on occasion.

diamonds is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    I cannot believe that people still smoke in the 21st century. In the big cities now it's mainly 16-25 year olds and that's there way of being rebellious and showing everybody that they cool. it's ridiculous. Now, cigars and chewing tobacco is not that bad on occasion.
    That's like saying "I can't believe people still juice in the 21st century". After all we know about the severe side effects of over-usage.
    I say......smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Superhuman is offline Banned
    i guess you are somewhat right but the benefits of AAS outweigh the negative effects, conversely the negative effects of smoking far outway the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds
    Quit bitching about hating smokers and smelling like smoke. If you are gonna go to a club or bar.....go expecting that the majority of people will be smoking. I hate smelling like a chinamen after I eat chinese food but you don't see me bitchin
    i say if you want to commit suicide, put a bullet in your head and get it over with without making other people deal with your cigarette smoking slow-suicide in the process. if you truly feel you have a legitimate argument, make one, cause so far all you've managed to do is show a perfect example of how inconsiderate and self-centered smokers are.

nothing you've said so far has been reasonable, it's just macho bullsh*t. we shouldn't have to "expect" to have to deal with smokers just because we want to go out on the weekends. just because that's how it's been done so far does not mean it's right, morally, ethically, principally, etc, but those things seem as if they may be lost on you. get over yourself and consider others for once. our issues with smokers isn't so much the habit as your attitudes. walk your lazy *ss the 20 feet to the door of the club and smoke your damn cigarette where it won't stink up the entire club. if you think that's unreasonable, tell it to NY and NJ, cause they felt it was more than reasonable and adopted it into their state laws. guess you know better than 2 states legislation now, eh?

are you seriously proud of your disgusting habit? you're seriously proud of pumping something into yourself that deadly and having no consideration for others, making them deal with it if they want to be able to go out on the weekends?

you try to criticize gear in the process, yet gear is something that doesn't harm your body unless it's not properly monitored. that's an assumption made by a pre-judgemental attitude in which you think you have all the answers without doing your research. however, there is no way of smoking and not having it do harm to your body. world of difference there guy.

not to mention the fact that gear is actually used to treat numerous skeletal and muscle-deterioration diseases, AIDS, anemia, and a handful of other issues. now if it were so bad for you, why is it used as a medication for all those issues? also, tell me one good thing that can come from smoking? gear helps build muscle, smoking helps kill you at a younger age, end of story.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information