Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    zimmy is offline Anabolic Member

So..i was kicked out of the gym

Ok...so i was at ballly's gym and they have that stupid Tae kwan Do (get your black belt in 1 year) stuff in there. Now i'm not insulting TKD directly...just the ones in bally's. Anyway... i train Brazilian Jiu jitsu and have tons of t shirts for my school to show support. Well i'm working out lifting, and some putz comes up and starts talking to me about bjj. Then his friend comes up and starts saying how BJJ is just a bunch of gay guys rolling around. So i'm a little annoyed and just say that TKD is a sh*t fighting style but a great art and get back to lifting. Lo and behold here comes the instructor asking me about my school and how long i been training. I told her i was 2 years into it and the belt leve i was. I let it slip out while i'm explaining there are only 5 belts that "unlike alot of styles, they don't hand out black belts in a year". She then get's annoyed and asks me to "demonstrate". so I tell em no cus I'm not a jiu jitsu instructor and we don't allow bjj to become as easy to qualify to instruct as other "arts". Then she took off and next thing i know i'm being asked to leave for the day because they don't allow solicitating... WTF like i wanted to be bothered.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    You actually step foot into a Ballly's. That's the real comedy.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

industywetrusty is offline Associate Member
    Shit I had people that come up in the gym and sweat me so much, ask me questions like what am I taking for sups how do I train, all other types of bullshit usually it doesnt bother me to much but when the same people, ask the same questions I jus get annoyed, all I wanna do is get my lift on... But in this case it sounds like you were not at fault, maybe the lady was pmsing but reguardless you should not have been kicked out, you pay a certain fee to lift there and you were not soliciting... I would be pissed, I am not a bally fan anyways, they are to focused on the women an i dont like there equp. I like planet fitness they have been good to me and they are cheap. golds is another good one but the one near me suck cause the ac is shitty, I usually jus go my school gym anyways, sorry to hear about this mishap bro..
    Last edited by industywetrusty; 05-27-2006 at 04:50 PM.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    Ok...so i was at ballly's gym and they have that stupid Tae kwan Do (get your black belt in 1 year) stuff in there. Now i'm not insulting TKD directly...just the ones in bally's. Anyway... i train Brazilian Jiu jitsu and have tons of t shirts for my school to show support. Well i'm working out lifting, and some putz comes up and starts talking to me about bjj. Then his friend comes up and starts saying how BJJ is just a bunch of gay guys rolling around. So i'm a little annoyed and just say that TKD is a sh*t fighting style but a great art and get back to lifting. Lo and behold here comes the instructor asking me about my school and how long i been training. I told her i was 2 years into it and the belt leve i was. I let it slip out while i'm explaining there are only 5 belts that "unlike alot of styles, they don't hand out black belts in a year". She then get's annoyed and asks me to "demonstrate". so I tell em no cus I'm not a jiu jitsu instructor and we don't allow bjj to become as easy to qualify to instruct as other "arts". Then she took off and next thing i know i'm being asked to leave for the day because they don't allow solicitating... WTF like i wanted to be bothered.
    enough said.

man... i member golds back when they were popular in houston.. it was great when my pops took me along with him... unfortunately i paid 3 years worth of 50 bucs a month for sh*tty balley's and now i'm only paying 10 a month. Hard to find a gym cheaper than 10 with as many locations.

I was half tempted to go in there and "demonstrate" with her cus i know she wanted to try to show me up. I left out the fact that i been kickboxing for 2 years to and can defend well enough to get close for the take down :P

boxingbean is offline Senior Member
    isnt ballys jennycraigs headquaters????

[QUOTE=zimmy]man... i member golds back when they were popular in houston.. it was great when my pops took me along with him... unfortunately i paid 3 years worth of 50 bucs a month for sh*tty balley's and now i'm only paying 10 a month. Hard to find a gym cheaper than 10 with as many locations.

If you have a Planet Fitness they are $10 a month as well and they jus revaped all there locations. And no offense but it sounds like that girl you haha jus kiddin bro

bigpopapump is offline Junior Member
    Wow, I would really be looking for another gym.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpopapump
    Wow, I would really be looking for another gym.
    your quite the upcomming whore on this site eh? your everywhere with only 58 posts!

chest6 is offline Banned
    You actually went inside Bally's?

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by industywetrusty
    Shit I had people that come up in the gym and sweat me so much, ask me questions like what am I taking for sups how do I train, all other types of bullshit usually it doesnt bother me to much but when the same people, ask the same questions I jus get annoyed, all I wanna do is get my lift on... But in this case it sounds like you were not at fault, maybe the lady was pmsing but reguardless you should not have been kicked out, you pay a certain fee to lift there and you were not soliciting... I would be pissed, I am not a bally fan anyways, they are to focused on the women an i dont like there equp. I like planet fitness they have been good to me and they are cheap. golds is another good one but the one near me suck cause the ac is shitty, I usually jus go my school gym anyways, sorry to hear about this mishap bro..

PF gyms suck.... they do not have any free weights that go over 60 pounds. I asked why this was and the response I got was F'n stupid. they told me it is because it is a beginners gym. that is why it is only 15 dollars a month. And with 15 dollars a month you get the wanna be thugs.

But if you have the heavy weights in there now at your PF gym kiss them goodbye in the near future.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    see if u were ninja u coulda been like
    LISTN BICHS STFU
    then i would vanish NINJA style
    teleport behind them
    and go
    HADOOOKEN!

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Tae Kwon Do is NOT a martial art!! it is a SPORT karate.....

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    see if u were ninja u coulda been like
    LISTN BICHS STFU
    then i would vanish NINJA style
    teleport behind them
    and go
    HADOOOKEN!

you know..that reminds me... this guy at my gym (bjj) travels alot so he went to a ninjitsu school to get some kinda work in while traveling. This guy was telling his students "they are going to point a gun at you from across the room, and before they blink you will be able to be right next to em and disarm them"

lol charge the armed gun man from more than 10 feet away....very smart

Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B

karate is also a martial "art"

you know..that reminds me... this guy at my gym (bjj) travels alot so he went to a ninjitsu school to get some kinda work in while traveling. This guy was telling his students "they are going to point a gun at you from across the room, and before they blink you will be able to be right next to em and disarm them"

so did he disarm them? or he get capped?!

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    so did he disarm them? or he get capped?!

it was a situational exercise....a rediculous one...but never the less they were actually sugesting people do that.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member

I know that in many police academies, they will have a guy with a fake knife rush the student from 20 to 25 feet away. Even with their hands on the pistol's grip in the holster, most students are unable to get a shot off before the attacker is on them. Because of this many police forces have set 20 feet as a 'safety limit' - if someone with a lethal weapon approaches within that boundary, the office can use his weapon in self defense.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    behave next time

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maetenloch
    I know that in many police academies, they will have a guy with a fake knife rush the student from 20 to 25 feet away. Even with their hands on the pistol's grip in the holster, most students are unable to get a shot off before the attacker is on them. Because of this many police forces have set 20 feet as a 'safety limit' - if someone with a lethal weapon approaches within that boundary, the office can use his weapon in self defense.
    I was about to say something similar.

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member

Bro, that's what gift-cards are for. Haven't you seen the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPXF-...sk%20a%20ninja

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxingbean
    isnt ballys jennycraigs headquaters????

i resent that comment

karate is also a martial "art"
    Yes, it is a karate, but the key word there is SPORT. TKD train their students more on how to win a tournament than self defense. I have gone against them in many tournaments in the last 23 years, and know this for a fact!! There may be a few that are different,, but the majority train as a sport!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMA5
    Bro, that's what gift-cards are for. Haven't you seen the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPXF-...sk%20a%20ninja
    dragons are good..but they DONT get ALONG ..

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd be looking at joing a different gym now.

lol so the manager was in the store today and i talked to him about it. I got 2 months free and an apology. Still going to complain to cooporate.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh great another shuriken. What am I gonna do with this. *toss*

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    thats good Zimmy. Complain to corporate and let us know what they say? lol

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    lol so the manager was in the store today and i talked to him about it. I got 2 months free and an apology. Still going to complain to cooporate.
    Well there ya go, that would be enough for me no reason to go corporate complaining, if anything you could also ask that guy that asked you to live to apologize also

That's why i'ma complain..he apologized...but he pretty much said that he had no authority over her and she had no authority over the rest of the gym and / or it's members.

update on the drama....I went to the gym today...no managers of course cus it's a holiday. I was doing take down drills in the empty TKD room, and they came in adn said I have to be enrolled in the class to use the room. I always use there matts on weekends assh*les.

I have no sympathy anymore for you haha you need to get a knew gym, bally is for bitches haha no offense there bud, an writeing a letter to corpret, dosent do anything but cause you more trouble

none taken...wish i hadn't paid 110 bucs for the year already :|

Sometimes if your write corpret you can get your money back and cancelle try that

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    next time you see dat bitch hold her down and rape her from her guard.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You should have take her down and choked her out.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

MAXIMA5 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think a letter is definitely in order now, after the last incident. The last thing corporate wants is disgruntled customers running around telling horror stories to the public about power-hungry lesbian TKD instructors at Bally's scaring away members.

biggen is offline Associate Member

Talking

lmao the worst part about all thyat is the guy probaly belives it himself

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    Say that to a Korean national. Then watch as your ass is handed to you. It's just a pussy sport here in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Symian
    Say that to a Korean national. Then watch as your ass is handed to you. It's just a pussy sport here in the states.
    I would not hesitate to say that to a korean national, in fact I woudl say it to them IN KOREAN seeing as how I studied the original Korean Martial Art of Tang Soo Do for over 23 years. Tae Kwon Do actually is an offspring of Tang Soo DO

I never said itwas a "pussy" sport nor did I say that 100% were that way! If you are going to quote me, please do so accurately. What I said was that it is more of a SPORT as in tournament sparring and breaking, then it is a form of self defense. I also never said it in disrespect just in factuality from PERSONAL Experience. If you have personal experience and knowledge feel free to enlighten me. Or maybe a round or two of sparring!!

Not to mention the fact of Zimmy's experience which he is writing about here. A true martial artist would NEVER send someone away just because they are from another style. I would welcome ANYone from ANY style to even join in a class if they were so inclinded. Martial art is about INCLUSION, not EXCLUSION
    Last edited by SMAN12b; 05-30-2006 at 08:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information