MMA
    MMA is offline VET

Lance Armstrong Admitted to Steroid Use

http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/sto...T=HCP&GT1=8297

according to sworn testimony by teammate and wife, he admitted to steroids , EPO, GH, and cortisone in front of them, while discussing his cancer treatment with his doctor in '96.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/sto...T=HCP&GT1=8297

according to sworn testimony by teammate and wife, he admitted to steroids , EPO, GH, and cortisone in front of them, while discussing his cancer treatment with his doctor in '96.

It is already well known that steroids may, in some cases be used as part of cancer treatment.

This does not surprise me.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm shocked. No one here would ever do that.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    its public knowledge. i believe its written in his book as well, it def was said in an interview with ESPN following one incident where allegations were made against him.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Really he did.. huh and just about all the others also.. Geez this crap is beat to death in the news. Is this really news anymore? How can people be surprised that steroid use is in all major sports. People want bigger, stronger, faster athletes and then they complain when they use things to get this way.

BTW what is "EPO" I have heard of this but not sure what it is.

~Old

HORSE~ is offline yeah

chest6 is offline Banned
    Big surprise. The public is gonna act all surprised and start hating him now I'm sure. They dont know that hes not the only fvcking athlete that does..

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by horse2006
    thanks Bro, I did not know we had that over there I guess I never looked.. Cool

~Old

Joey2ness is offline Member
    The doctor started by asking ordinary questions. And then, all of a sudden, 'Have you taken doping products?' And he answers 'yes'. Then he (the doctor) asks which ones. And Lance goes: 'EPO, growth hormones, cortisone, steroids , testosterone ,'" Betsey Andreu, a former friend of Armstrong's, reportedly said in court according to Le Monde.

P.S. I dont see anything wrong with taking testosterone and human growth hormone because most top athletes are probably doing the same, just leveling the playing field

NEW_IN_THE_GAME is offline Associate Member
    (0% are, and the people think 90% arent, niave people. Damn government, leave us alone. Make gear legal. This way arnold can win a sandow again. lol kddingm but really fukk the government.

i meant 90% are

gmmvp42 is offline Junior Member
    One of the Dr. in the room at the time of this interview stated that never was he asked and never did he admit to taking EPO, HGH, any roid etc. The Doc said if he had he would have documented the statements for his assessment of his chemo treatments. He also said he would have remembered if Lance had admitted to any drug use. Taking the word of a woman who does not like Lance over a Dr. who treated him for cancer is insane. Not to mention the other 8 people in the room who never heard a conversation about drug use. Lance haters need to get a life. He was born with a set of lungs like no other, and a heart bigger than all the haters combined.

Yes true, he got determination, skill, and a mean ass ambition to do anything he wants. Give him grace and be proud. I couldnt do the shit he does. hell no. Prolly not even with gear.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Im not a lance hater...Im just sayin it wouldnt surprise me because it seems like everyone nowdays is taking something..

Ufa
    PARIS (Reuters) - Seven-times Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong totally dismissed on Friday a claim by French newspaper Le Monde that he had admitted taking banned drugs including erythropoietin (EPO) at the time he was being treated for cancer.

In a statement, the 34-year-old Texan, said: "The latest story, which alleges an admission of using performance enhancing drugs in a hospital in 1996, is today as absurd and untrue as when it was first circulated years ago. It never happened."

He described the allegations in the newspaper as "stale, unfounded and untrue."

Armstrong, who retired after his record seventh consecutive victory last July, has always denied taking banned substances.

The American, who revealed in October 1996 he had undergone surgery to cure testicular cancer, returned to cycling in 1999 to record his first Tour victory.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Seriously man... I call bs... He is in one of the most regulated (testing wise) sport there is. He passes them all. Ever since he embarressed everyone on the tour, the french have been trying to discredit him. Like re-testing 8+ year old samples without anyone around or following standards, and finding them positive.

DDDNTZ is offline Associate Member
    Guys, they are only sdaying this crap to try and discredit Lance for his 7 wins to try to lure him into racing again. Why? Because with Lance retired, the Tour gets no publicity and nobody will watch it on T.V. which equals no money tyo be made off it. The French press did thge same thing about 6 mos. ago.

NCNPC29 is offline Associate Member
    Either way I can't stand the way the media and general public react to this shit. It doesn't matter if its Armstrong, Bonds, Giambi etc. Something comes out and all of a sudden what they accomplished doesnt mean shit anymore. Just like in bodybuilding it's true in every other sport. We could take the same shit Cutler or Ronnie takes and still never look like them. Does the public actually belive this type of news completely discredits there accomplishments as if they could do the same things on gear? what a joke.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    at first, i was hoping that people learning that so many of their "true blue" sports heroes (MacGuire, Macenroe, Sosa Lance) were also "enhanced" would de-stigmatize what we do. instead, it is just bringing down heat on us.

NCNPC29 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    at first, i was hoping that people learning that so many of their "true blue" sports heroes (MacGuire, Macenroe, Sosa Lance) were also "enhanced" would de-stigmatize what we do. instead, it is just bringing down heat on us.

No doubt man, this has definitely made things much worse in all areas.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    Really he did.. huh and just about all the others also.. Geez this crap is beat to death in the news. Is this really news anymore? How can people be surprised that steroid use is in all major sports. People want bigger, stronger, faster athletes and then they complain when they use things to get this way.

~Old
    I believe epo is when blood is withdrawn from the body and stored. Then before an event the blood is placed back into the body increasing blood count dramatically. I think the more blood, the more oxygen your body can move through, and power itself with this extra blood. The only problem is your blood gets THICK. If im not mistaken someone did this once and died from heart failure because his heart couldn't pump the blood as it was so thick..

Am i right on this?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    so the stroy goes that a woman who hates lance and is a former friend came up with these allegations. Dr Nichols and his staff all say its BS and gave up a 280 page medical review of lance's cancer treatment. Nichols was lance's main dr and basically said that you can tell its BS because here a woman wth no business being in any medical discussion was there for the lance admission but he wasnt? also every other doctor in that room say its BS.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    If he did, oh well, so does everyone else. He's a great athelete, who has a great story of never giving up.

Let him have his fame, he worked hard for it. I don't think the media should be trying to discredit his hard work.

Ufa
    The French are so jealous that they will never leave him alone.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman

~Old
    EPO is very popular in endurance sports. Its a hormone produced by the kidneys to stimulate erthrypoesis. This hormone basically tells the bone marrow to crank out more red blood cells. Dangerous stuff if used incorrectly, many cyclists have died from its use. Read up on it if you are interested.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    com'on who didnt know he was using?
    i mean the docs even said his cancer spread unbelievably fast..can we say GH?!

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    here we go again. Lance Armstong, a cheating disgrace to the sports world!

I mean who cares if he conquered brain, lung and testiticular cancer, he used steroids so none of it matter!

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    Go Armstrong. Who cares if he used, winning the tour that many times is still an amazing acomplishment.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    if he did or didnt use, the juice doesnt make the athelete, it asists in his performance. as far as i am concerened, thae man is still the best of the best if he used or if he didnt , and you cat give steroids all the credit for making the guy a great athelete

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    I'm a cancer survivor myself and I was given steroids during the first few months of my remission period. They were used to replenish my immune system since it was so incredibly taxed for so long. I felt better and looked better, but by no means did they give me an anabolic edge or anything along those lines.

Taking a doctor prescribed steroid for healing the body is much different than taking an anabolic steroid in an attempt to increase ones physical appearance and performance. Heck, you can go to those small convenient care places for a sinus infection and they can and often do prescribe a steroid to expedite the healing process. I think it's too late for him to come out of the closet and admit that he did in fact take what his physicians prescribed to him. But even if he did, it would not jeopardize any of his achievements as he did not compete until nearly two years after his remission period. His physicians would do him a real service if they would just bring the facts to the table about what he took and the dates that they were taken.

Grace and peace,
    Mavsluva

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by SnaX
    I believe epo is when blood is withdrawn from the body and stored. Then before an event the blood is placed back into the body increasing blood count dramatically. I think the more blood, the more oxygen your body can move through, and power itself with this extra blood. The only problem is your blood gets THICK. If im not mistaken someone did this once and died from heart failure because his heart couldn't pump the blood as it was so thick..

Am i right on this?

No, when blood is drawn and replaced it is called "blood packing", EPO is a chemical that when taken has relatively the same effect by causing the body to produce more blood, thus resulting in the same heightened blood levels.

Thread Information