Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Mike Tyson in UFC

I'm newer to watching it, I watched them i guess when I was younger, the first 3 I think.

Just started watching it again, and Chuck just seems really dominate. He basicly just has a hard punch, does not let it get to the ground, he has a wide stance and is a tuff SOB.

Doesn't it seem that Tyson could do better than him? He has the temperment for it that is for sure. He is a better, more accurate, faster and far harder striker. I'm pretty sure he is stronger and would be able to avoid hitting the ground better than Chuck. I guess I just can't see chuck being able to beat Tyson in a punching contest.

I'd really like to see him give it a try, and he's broke as hell so he needs the $$

BADASS323 is offline AR'S BAD ATTITUDE
    tyson would get wiped in the ufc...

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Nope, he'd beat Tank Abbot that is for sure.

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    uMM.....tyson wouldn't last one fight. abbot used to be the man back in his prime

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg
    Nope, he'd beat Tank Abbot that is for sure.
    beat tank? at what ear biting!! rapeing women!!? loosing money!!? mike's a washed up joke who cant even buy a fight...

stuball is offline Banned
    Tyson cant take a punch anymore, no gloves no chance, would be intresting to see.. He could bring the sport to next level, and these guys could get the money they deserve..

tyson is a one dimentional BOXER.against any pro. mma fighter he wouldent have a clue as to defend himself.

NOREGRETS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stuball
    Tyson cant take a punch anymore, no gloves no chance, would be intresting to see.. He could bring the sport to next level, and these guys could get the money they deserve..
    Tyson could never take a punch. He wouldn't bring anything to the UFC!!

he would bring attention and money!!! people would love to pay to watch him get his a$$ kicked...

Quote Originally Posted by BADASS323
    he would bring attention and money!!! people would love to pay to watch him get his a$$ kicked...
    What for one fight? Long term, he brings nothing to any sport.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    i agree, tyson in ufc would just be.....well....i would pay to see it. (it would be that bad)

Quote Originally Posted by NOREGRETS
    What for one fight? Long term, he brings nothing to any sport.
    bro. i agree with you.but for one fight it would bring a hell of alot of money and attention to the sport of mma

bro. i agree with you.but for one fight it would bring a hell of alot of money and attention to the sport of mma
    I guess your right, any additional attention helps the sport. I just think his a low life and doesn't deserve the chance to make money in any fighting arena.
    Last edited by NOREGRETS; 07-17-2006 at 04:24 PM.

stuball is offline Banned
    Exactly, im sure its been talked about, give it time, what else can he do ???

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    If tyson was in his early 20s then he could knock almost everyone out in the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by stuball
    Exactly, im sure its been talked about, give it time, what else can he do ???
    he's studying to be a plastic surgeon.first step-bite ear,second step-repair ear...

Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831
    If tyson was in his early 20s then he could knock almost everyone out in the UFC.
    With the right hit anyone can be knocked out, any UFC fighter can due that.

Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831
    true he could...but he could NOT defend himself...therefor he IS DEFEATED!! he's a boxer.check the history of the ufc and see how well pure boxers did..

true he could...but he could NOT defend himself...therefor he IS DEFEATED!! he's a boxer.check the history of the ufc and see how well pure boxers did..
    It would be hard for anyone with one skill to make it in the UFC.

rake922 is offline Banned
    Last edited by rake922; 07-17-2006 at 04:25 PM.

i have to log off now,but let me leave with one last reply..."i hope the piece of $hit,rapeist, stay's in the hole he dug himself since he's not in prison where he belongs"...BAD

i have to log off now,but let me leave with one last reply..."i hope the piece of $hit,rapeist, stay's in the hole he dug himself since he's not in prison where he belongs"...BAD

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    lol you guys are crazy. and you think in his early 20's he could knock out "almost" anyone in the ufc? he is probably the most dominant boxer in the history of the sport. i dont care who is fighting him, anyone in the ufc would tentative to shoot in and take him down. they were trying to get tyson to fight shamrock a while back, but tyson wanted $1 million so it didnt happen. and if tyson or any other boxer for that matter were to try ufc, you better believe they will train in more than boxing before they fight. if you take tyson and teach him MMA instead of boxing, he becomes one of the greatest full contact fighters of all time. but, he became a boxer, and one of the greatest boxers of all time. the guy is a fighter plain and simple.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    yall are haters! tyson still hits harder than ANYONE in the UFC. i know hes a loser but man, there hasnt been one guy that can punch like tyson and still be that mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    lol you guys are crazy. and you think in his early 20's he could knock out "almost" anyone in the ufc? he is probably the most dominant boxer in the history of the sport. i dont care who is fighting him, anyone in the ufc would tentative to shoot in and take him down. they were trying to get tyson to fight shamrock a while back, but tyson wanted $1 million so it didnt happen. and if tyson or any other boxer for that matter were to try ufc, you better believe they will train in more than boxing before they fight. if you take tyson and teach him MMA instead of boxing, he becomes one of the greatest full contact fighters of all time. but, he became a boxer, and one of the greatest boxers of all time. the guy is a fighter plain and simple.
    oops i'm still here...are you dizzy? he is not and will never be anything other than a discrace to boxing!!! had he stayed the course of his very early years i would agree with you.but,he did not!!he IS a RAPEIST,EAR BITING,DISCRACE TO THE SPORT OF BOXING.NO CLASS PIECE OF $HIT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TestTubeBaby
    yall are haters! tyson still hits harder than ANYONE in the UFC. i know hes a loser but man, there hasnt been one guy that can punch like tyson and still be that mobile.
    that was many years ago

he is no longer the man he was in his early 20's

Quote Originally Posted by TestTubeBaby
    He was a hard hitter at one time, but he never had stamina, he wouldn't last one round on the ground.

oops i'm still here...are you dizzy? he is not and will never be anything other than a discrace to boxing!!! had he stayed the course of his very early years i would agree with you.but,he did not!!he IS a RAPEIST,EAR BITING,DISCRACE TO THE SPORT OF BOXING.NO CLASS PIECE OF $HIT!!!!
    im not saying you are wrong about that. but we are talking pure skill here. if you take almost any fighter in the ufc before they started training, and mike tyson before he started boxing, and had them fight in a cage, i bet tyson beats 99% of em. he is a great athlete, and although he is a disgrace to the human race, his character is not what is in question. Cus D'Amato said Tyson was the hardest hitter he ever saw, and he saw all the greats. you just cant teach the tools tyson has.

chest6 is offline Banned
    why cant anyone in this thread spell rapist?

WAS is the key word you seem to not understand.....this post is about the present not the past.but,i still disagree with you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    cuz not everyone has been accused of being one, like you and mike have

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    i was a fighter NOT a skewl teacher!!!!!

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Tyson, when he was 23, had the punching power PSI equivalent to a major league baseball player swinging a bat...I don't know many chins that could take that.

You both make good points...then, maybe! Now, no f'in way, but it'd still be a good UFC freakshow to see him fight Chuck Liddell or hell, Chuck Baroni!

WAS is the key word you seem to not understand.....this post is about the present not the past.but,i still disagree with you!!!
    so, you are telling me that if you take chuck and mike at age 15, and start them on the same training program that chuck would still beat mike? no. that is why tyson is considered by many experts to be one of the greatest and most dominant athletes of the 20th century. like gracie taught, if you take two guys with the exact same knowledge of BJJ, the bigger, stronger one will win. tyson is bigger, faster, stronger, and hits harder.

today wouldnt be an issue. tyson is old, and has a bad knee. that coupled with the fact that he is crazy.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Tyson in the UFC at any point in his career would be a disaster for him. Great fighter, very hard punch but MMA is not boxing. Every fighter would take him down and submit him in 30 seconds. If you taught him MMA he would have to take to it to be good at it which I dont see him being able to do. Grappling can be a lot more technical than boxing in someways with submissions involved. There are set ups with subs just as there are set ups for big punches in boxing. Mike would never make it. Does he have the power to lay ut every MMA fighter...you better believe it. But putting that to good use is a lot harder when fighters do not have to choose to stand in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    Tyson, when he was 23, had the punching power PSI equivalent to a major league baseball player swinging a bat...I don't know many chins that could take that.

You both make good points...then, maybe! Now, no f'in way, but it'd still be a good UFC freakshow to see him fight Chuck Liddell or hell, Chuck Baroni!
    Tyson would be a heavy weight, wouldn't be in their weight class. But Liddell would be nice to see.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg
    I'm newer to watching it, I watched them i guess when I was younger, the first 3 I think.

Just started watching it again, and Chuck just seems really dominate. He basicly just has a hard punch, does not let it get to the ground, he has a wide stance and is a tuff SOB.

Doesn't it seem that Tyson could do better than him? He has the temperment for it that is for sure. He is a better, more accurate, faster and far harder striker. I'm pretty sure he is stronger and would be able to avoid hitting the ground better than Chuck. I guess I just can't see chuck being able to beat Tyson in a punching contest.

I'd really like to see him give it a try, and he's broke as hell so he needs the $$

I wish you would post this in the forum in belongs in!

As far as Tyson in the UFC or MMA? Nerver going to happen as he is a boxer, not a fighter.

While you see that Chuck just stands there and throws punches, he has a good wrestling background and is a purple belt in BJJ. Chuck has won fights due to his sprawl which allows him to stay on his feet and bang.
    ***No source checks!!!***

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=JDawg1536] like gracie taught, if you take two guys with the exact same knowledge of BJJ, the bigger, stronger one will win. [QUOTE]

What Gracie would EVER say that? I dont buy that for one second. That is against the whole Gracie family ideology.

so, you are telling me that if you take chuck and mike at age 15, and start them on the same training program that chuck would still beat mike? no. that is why tyson is considered by many experts to be one of the greatest and most dominant athletes of the 20th century. like gracie taught, if you take two guys with the exact same knowledge of BJJ, the bigger, stronger one will win. tyson is bigger, faster, stronger, and hits harder.

today wouldnt be an issue. tyson is old, and has a bad knee. that coupled with the fact that he is crazy.
    i'm sorry i still disagree with you.boxing is different from mma in so many ways that as you say was reversed and you taught chuck at 15 only boxing he would lose to tyson then and now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information