Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by LX-1
    I am retarded

I really dont agree with you.
    Last edited by guest589745; 07-30-2006 at 06:09 PM.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by horseshit
    this site is horseshit like horse2006 no help in steroid forum
    If you want to get banned that might help you!!!

unvme9180 is offline Associate Member
    still not locked?? damn...

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    whats happening here? thread is taking turns

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by horseshit
    this site is horseshit like horse2006 no help in steroid forum
    ouch...

system admin is offline Owner
    Its not locked for a reason......

get it out of your systems. It will become a tiresom topic soon enough.

bc

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unvme9180
    still not locked?? damn...
    i'll get us locked. uhh, why did swolecat get banned? that should do it.

Just seeing what members are letting things go and which ones want to start up problems. Leaving threads like this opened shows people alot of the type of member we have by their posts. Feel free to keep this boring topic open. In the mean time... their are members that need help from many of the seniors that are in here.

bc

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    That might of locked it up tizzight..

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I'm in.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    a little bit of reverse psycholgy.... interesting. too much BS going on here and too many good people left. peace.

Swolecat got banned for disrespecting me and my business and did so in the public. He showed a lack of leadership and maturity. He got dealt the same hand everyone else did and he was one of the few who decided they ran shit around here and I didnt. Big mistake when It is "me" and ONLY "me" who pays the bills around here.

I like swole on a personal level... but had to do what I had to do on a business level.

bc

THOUSANDS of good people left at AR.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    a little bit of reverse psycholgy.... interesting. too much BS going on here and too many good people left. peace.

LX-1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    You can suck a fat one.
    its my oppinion, you dont like it, tough shit, get over it. didnt i try to help you out before?

ok i havnt really given an opinion fully on this topic and to be fair to all i will lay it out if bc isnt going to lock it yet. hopeuflly i can type it quick enough before it does get locked.. i have been posting here for almost 3 years now. helping out as much as i can and been loyal to the board. i am not tho however here to make friends because i just dont have as much time to have internet buddies. so i never spoke with many in a personal way. i think this hurt me in seeing any sorta of vet status or mod status. tho im not too upset about it because this is my favorite site.. my opinion on the change is that it wasnt that great of a move especially since no1 including them saw it coming. i also understand that BC gotta do what hes gotta do for his own business reasons. i leave it at this. tho i was never moved to vet or mod, it was always a system i likeed knowing the possiblities of getting that recognition. i also believe that it is how alot of boards keep great, knowledgable people. the advice given out on these board are for free so im sure that alot of people didnt just give out this free advice without thinking that one day they will move up in the rankings. and im not talking about the lounge rats who post just cuz they are board. im talking about guys who try to help out. if this all made sence, thats how i feel.

soo...can you drink winny or not??

BG
    I gotta tip my hat to Brian. I guess you decided to treat this place like a business a little more, first the banner, then this.....well first Vette and others (Vette's top notch guy) but I dont think you were at fault for them leaving. Anyway admin. is making moves and every time so far they have worked well, its his place and I have a feeling he knows what he's doing.It will be fun to see how this turns out, learn alot here, many different ways. BG my 2 cents

LX-1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    I gotta tip my hat to Brian. I guess you decided to treat this place like a business a little more, first the banner, then this.....well first Vette and others (Vette's top notch guy) but I dont think you were at fault for them leaving. Anyway he's making moves and every time so far they have worked well, its his place and I have a feeling he knows what he's doing.It will be fun to see how this turns out, learn alot here, many different ways. BG my 2 cents
    totally agree, this site will be much better now.

There still are titles to be handed down anBrolic. That is the beauty in this new system. Now it is not just a tiny select few that can get titles and perhaps power. Now, members SUCH as yourself can become an AR Hall of Famer due to the time, effort, and loyalty to educating members. The title "AR- Hall of Fame" member is NEW to everyone. To the people that join today, tomorrow, and next year.. they will see the title as of someone who has put in a lot of time here and helped many others.

I like the idea myself and the more mature members who get this title can (If I offer it) have the ability to edit all of the forums of this site.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    one more post before it gets locked....

This bullshit change should'nt affect a newbie...so enjoy what's left of this place.
    ***No source checks!!!***

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by system admin
    There still are titles to be handed down anBrolic. That is the beauty in this new system. Now it is not just a tiny select few that can get titles and perhaps power. Now, members SUCH as yourself can become an AR Hall of Famer due to the time, effort, and loyalty to educating members. The title "AR- Hall of Fame" member is NEW to everyone. To the people that join today, tomorrow, and next year.. they will see the title as of someone who has put in a lot of time here and helped many others.

I like the idea myself and the more mature members who get this title can (If I offer it) have the ability to edit all of the forums of this site.
    Nice.

so the hall of famers can still edit and lock posts? i didnt know they still could.

Once again.. this is all a new concept. I have NEVER seen GREAT things happen for people or business who do NOTHING out of the ordinary. I like to do things different than everyone else. Who wrote the book on this business anyway... NO ONE. This is how knew ideas become known and used as the norm. I like to be different and i like to think of how the members would like to see things as well. I like it. PERIOD.

but isn't this the same thing that the mods use to do? except the mods could also ban (which was the only difference)

Mizfit is offline Banned

Question - why were some of the monitor choices made?

I know you said they reported bad posts, but in some respects - by giving this title to a member who has little respect from the site as a collective, don't you think this causes chaos?

Quote Originally Posted by unvme9180
    [/B]

so the hall of famers can still edit and lock posts? i didnt know they still could.
    Yes. I have asked several mods to continue to "monitor" the future of AR and some have the ability to moderate.

BC

Change is always a tough thing to deal with. especially if youve been used to a certain way for a long time.. it wouldnt be normal if everyone just agreed with it.. sounds like you know what your plan is so hopefully it works out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    Question - why were some of the monitor choices made?

I know you said they reported bad posts, but in some respects - by giving this title to a member who has little respect from the site as a collective, don't you think this causes chaos?
    i def agree with you here. tho it does look like from what ive seen that some of the better choices turned down the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx
    but isn't this the same thing that the mods use to do? except the mods could also ban (which was the only difference)
    Before, there were never enough "Moderator Spots" to hand down to qualified members. Now, the qualified members will be asked to join the Hall of Fame if they accept. There is no limit to the amount of people that get asked into the hall of fame at AR. We just take each case as it comes.

My biggest gripe in the past (just so you all know), was that I didnt like how VERY active members could get absolutely NO recognition as being acitve and helpful. Now we have two ways.

1. The AR Monitor is a member who has read and agreed to the terms created for this spot. They are NORMAL members who have chosen to stick a title under their name and let people know that they care about AR and its future. We will look into the loyalty and commitment of each member before we grant recognition.

2. The AR hall of famer is a member who has been here for quite a while and who KNOWS and follows the rules of AR. They are a member who helps out regularly, conducts themselves in a mature mannor, and who has a real commitment to keeping AR the place it is. There is no limit to how many can have this title.. however, it will not be that easy to get. It will be given on a case by case basis and editing/moding abilities can/may be offered along with this postion.

I like the knew change. More members need to be given recognition... Good members often got passed up because he/she was not part of the "in crowd". **That was never a criteria, but often members got forgotten about due to them not having friends in the higher circle** That problem is over.

I hope you like the change.. cause its not going back to the way it was. We will however tweak this idea and form it to best suit the members.

Bc

Quote Originally Posted by LX-1
    totally agree, this site will be much better now.
    are you insane? better now? first off, all kiddin aside, this has been a great place. alot of the guys who left, alot who stayed and of course brian made it that way. to inform and learn is why people come here first and foremost. yes business is business and if someone did ya wrong then so be it. but anytime well informed people leave its always worse. always. ive gotten alot of good advice from people over the years who were not people i would call friends, if i walked away from every coach or trainer i didnt like well i woulnt have had much of a career. seeing people with 2000 posts in a month coppin attitudes and seeing well informed bros leaving, rubs people and me, the wrong way. some kind of better balance was(is) needed in my opinion. but, with that said, its easy to be an armchair Qb. a little dissapointment and a little sarcasm have laced my last few posts but thats just venting. i hope we can ride out the storm.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Before, there were never enough "Moderator Spots" to hand down to qualified members. Now, the qualified members will be asked to join the Hall of Fame if they accept. There is no limit to the amount of people that get asked into the hall of fame at AR. We just take each case as it comes.

My biggest gripe in the past (just so you all know), was that I didnt like how VERY active members could get absolutely NO recognition as being acitve and helpful. Now we have two ways.

1. The AR Monitor is a member who has read and agreed to the terms created for this spot. They are NORMAL members who have chosen to stick a title under their name and let people know that they care about AR and its future. We will look into the loyalty and commitment of each member before we grant recognition.

2. The AR hall of famer is a member who has been here for quite a while and who KNOWS and follows the rules of AR. They are a member who helps out regularly, conducts themselves in a mature mannor, and who has a real commitment to keeping AR the place it is. There is no limit to how many can have this title.. however, it will not be that easy to get. It will be given on a case by case basis and editing/moding abilities can/may be offered along with this postion.

I like the knew change. More members need to be given recognition... Good members often got passed up because he/she was not part of the "in crowd". **That was never a criteria, but often members got forgotten about due to them not having friends in the higher circle** That problem is over.

I hope you like the change.. cause its not going back to the way it was. We will however tweak this idea and form it to best suit the members.

Bc

Now what about VET status?

They turned down the title because they were afraid of how they would look to the other members. Many people made this new group out to be "snitches" and "narks"... I find that funny. We needed to act quickly on the Monitors we chose due to the situation. There is a mannor in which we will chose future Monitors. For those who turned down the position because they thought it would make them look like sellouts or "kiss asses"... we will offer it to them again when the title means more to them... or then again... maybe we wont. A Monitor is someone who KNOWS the rules and shows a great desire to improve our forum. They are selected on a case by case as well.

Bc

are you insane? better now? first off, all kiddin aside, this has been a great place. alot of the guys who left, alot who stayed and of course brian made it that way. to inform and learn is why people come here first and foremost. yes business is business and if someone did ya wrong then so be it. but anytime well informed people leave its always worse. always. ive gotten alot of good advice from people over the years who were not people i would call friends, if i walked away from every coach or trainer i didnt like well i woulnt have had much of a career. seeing people with 2000 posts in a month coppin attitudes and seeing well informed bros leaving, rubs people and me, the wrong way. some kind of better balance was(is) needed in my opinion. but, with that said, its easy to be an armchair Qb. a little dissapointment and a little sarcasm have laced my last few posts but thats just venting. i hope we can ride out the storm.
    good post.

DutchCowboy is offline Associate Member
    The way i see it, SOME of the old mods just got a taste of their own medicine! How many people on this site have given good advice but get banned because the mod had a power trip? There wasn't shit you could do about it either. I know someone who was on here for bout 3+ years and helped out quite a bit. He got banned for some bullshit and all his efforts and help went right down the tube. Completely unjustified!! I would imagine there are many more just like him!
    Hahahahaha....how does it feel guys?

Bc
    i def like your thoughts on this new idea as it seems like you are trying to improve recognition. but heres my one question about it. i know your not on here everyday and your new admins are supposedly new to the board. so who is there to give out this recognition? does the reputation start over this week and has to be built up again because its like the upper guys dont know the difference between the guy with 100 posts, the guy with 1000 posts that have been very helpful and the guy with 6000 lounge posts.??

Vets hold the same position they always have. They are members who show a GREAT Amount of knowlege in a certain area of AAS/fitness. Nothing about this title/group will or has changed. It is not easy to become a VET. Its not something we hand out to just anyone. Both Time at AR and Knowlege will/can get you this title. They hgve no powers but are staff members who will be given respect... although EVERYONE is/should be given respect until they show they are undeserving.

Bc

Mizfit is offline Banned
    They turned down the title because they were afraid of how they would look to the other members. Many people made this new group out to be "snitches" and "narks"... I find that funny. We needed to act quickly on the Monitors we chose due to the situation. There is a mannor in which we will chose future Monitors. For those who turned down the position because they thought it would make them look like sellouts or "kiss asses"... we will offer it to them again when the title means more to them... or then again... maybe we wont. A Monitor is someone who KNOWS the rules and shows a great desire to improve our forum. They are selected on a case by case as well.

Bc
    So those not doing the job who are already appointed will be looked at as well?

Showing dedication to the site is one thing, chasing away regular members is another...

I don't think it's that the position is viewed at as a sell out or snick persay because of the position - it's because of the attitudes of some of those in the position - newly appointed.

This is not about popularity, i understand that - but it's also not about abusing a perceived power and treatly ppl just plain badly.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchCowboy
    The way i see it, SOME of the old mods just got a taste of their own medicine! How many people on this site have given good advice but get banned because the mod had a power trip? There wasn't shit you could do about it either. I know someone who was on here for bout 3+ years and helped out quite a bit. He got banned for some bullshit and all his efforts and help went right down the tube. Completely unjustified!! I would imagine there are many more just like him!
    Hahahahaha....how does it feel guys?
    he was here for 3 years but you just signed up this month? please. power trips? this isnt 3rd grade. no idea what you are talking about.

Bc
    I or other members here may or may not like the changes but 1 thing I can tell you is that I respect you for sitting here and answering everyones questions.

We were getting sick of admins closing down threads every 5 mins and ignoring the true story of it all. In order to solve it you got to get to the bottom of the problem by talking it over which we are for ONCE.

btw im not trying to break your balls here brian, im just asking all the questions i can while your here to answer them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information