Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Samson7 is offline Member
    Ironfreak, I take you believe in God correct?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Samson7
    Ironfreak, I take you believe in God correct?
    Not in god, satan, angels, demons, etc....

Why?

You should not want to tax them because if you tax them that ties in church and state, and they are getting rid of the separation of shurch and state which would make it legal to bring Christianity as into public schools, politics and everything else.
    Religion should be an elective in school but with no grading system, just a mandatory class once a week and you have the choice of learning about Satanism, Christianity, Islam, Judhism, Buddhism etc.... and choosing the best one you want...that's the way religion should be taught in school.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Not in god, satan, angels, demons, etc....

Why?

well how can you believe in Satan, angels and demons without believing in God?

Not flaming at all...just curious

well how can you believe in Satan, angels and demons without believing in God?
    No I meant in ALL of em, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ANY OF EM.

Believing in god and satan and worshipping satan is called devil worshipping, which to me is like god worshipping....something which makes me smile when people tell me about it.

No I meant in ALL of em, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ANY OF EM.

Believing in god and satan and worshipping satan is called devil worshipping, which to me is like god worshipping....something which makes me smile when people tell me about it.

well Satanism is a religion based on the existence of Satan

What is the difference between Satanism and devil worship?
    Satanism and devil worship are two distinctly different animals. Devil worship is what it is: the worship of an external deity (in this case, a "devil"), much as it could be labeled inverse Christianity -- that is, confining yourself to the Christian religion and overall model, but merely choosing the "bad guy" in their Bible instead of the purportedly central character. The Satan in Satanism is an archetype, one many know by name and is relative to the culture. Some Satanists choose different aspects of this archetype, depending on geography or just plain aesthetics, but the same characteristics still hold true. It would make little sense for us to claim to embody the archetypal qualities of Satan (rebellion, rational self-interest, carnality, etc.) on one hand, and then attempt to worship an anthropomorphic Satan on the other. In laymen's terms, it's hardly rebellious to worship a figure that represents rebellion. The Satanist finds unproductive and one-sided idol worship to be draining and useless (not to mention hypocritical). Much of this is aptly mentioned in The Satanic Bible and the other books listed in the Satanism section of this website.

If you want a lil bit more info....

http://web.satanism101.com/satfaq.html

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I didnt even read the question, I was staring at your avy.

What is the difference between Satanism and devil worship?
    Satanism and devil worship are two distinctly different animals. Devil worship is what it is: the worship of an external deity (in this case, a "devil"), much as it could be labeled inverse Christianity -- that is, confining yourself to the Christian religion and overall model, but merely choosing the "bad guy" in their Bible instead of the purportedly central character. The Satan in Satanism is an archetype, one many know by name and is relative to the culture. Some Satanists choose different aspects of this archetype, depending on geography or just plain aesthetics, but the same characteristics still hold true. It would make little sense for us to claim to embody the archetypal qualities of Satan (rebellion, rational self-interest, carnality, etc.) on one hand, and then attempt to worship an anthropomorphic Satan on the other. In laymen's terms, it's hardly rebellious to worship a figure that represents rebellion. The Satanist finds unproductive and one-sided idol worship to be draining and useless (not to mention hypocritical). Much of this is aptly mentioned in The Satanic Bible and the other books listed in the Satanism section of this website.

If you want a lil bit more info....

http://web.satanism101.com/satfaq.html

More or less your an athiest then.

More or less your an athiest then.
    All Laveyan Satanist are, anyone who says theyre a Satanist and worship Satan is a moron.

There's a diff, An atheist is simply an atheist, a Satanist doesnt believe in dieties but follows certain principles and rules so there is a difference.

Plus our Symbol is cooler than theirs JK

do you believe in hell...i suppose not right?

do you believe in hell...i suppose not right?
    Nope...Unless you mean Alabama....JK

fatale is offline Banned
    I use to go to church that was like 13 years ago. lol
    I do believe that there's God though and Jesus Christ.

Nope...Unless you mean Alabama....JK

cant disagree with that...

But if there is no heaven/hell, no after life, nothing to look forward too and nothing to place faith on, whats the point? Why do you do it?

But if there is no heaven/hell, no after life, nothing to look forward too and nothing to place faith on, whats the point? Why do you do it?
    There is tons I look forward to everyday!!! I love my life and I don't need faith to make it through, Ive been through alot of shit in my life and never once have I asked or even re-thought my disbelief in dieties.

Whats the point in life?? To have as much fun as I can and do whatever I want within certain limits, I didnt have a choice wether I was born or not, but I since I have a life, Ill enjoy it as much as I want/can.

That's all I need, the strength to go through everything in life comes from within me.

no for religion? I understand the point for living life to its fullest everyday...you only get one. Im just saying that if there is no after life anything why have a religion, why not just live life?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls

This such a Christian view, why on earth do you need to believe any of this to live a full and happy life ?

MrMeathead is offline Member
    I am a christian!

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    This such a Christian view, why on earth do you need to believe any of this to live a full and happy life ?

Please show me where I said "to have a happy life you had to believe in something" If fact, with all due respect, what I said was why have a RELIGION if there is nothing in the end. Why not just live life to the fullest and just not practice religion at all. That is what I said. Do not attack and generalize when you are the one who clearly read wrong.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont believe in religion .......... if it cant be proven through science and math ....... then it does not exist.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    I am LDS and go to church..actually thinking about going on a mission

no for religion? I understand the point for living life to its fullest everyday...you only get one. Im just saying that if there is no after life anything why have a religion, why not just live life?
    To further help Kale, who obviously has a vendetta with Christians for some reason:

Kale you didnt see me attacking your beliefs or lack there of so dont attack mine. In case you missed it the post I quoted was right above your post.

Clearly in this post I cleared up misconseptions of what was meant...As you can see above I said I believe you should live life and be happy, because you only get one. I was simply asking Ironfreak what the point of religion was if there was nothing in the end!

Quote Originally Posted by justinandrews7
    I am LDS and go to church..actually thinking about going on a mission

What is LDS

What is LDS

im guessing "latter day saint"

Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    I dont believe in religion .......... if it cant be proven through science and math ....... then it does not exist.

You cant prove evolution by science or math...just theories, but if it doesnt exist how did we get here>? Just a thought!

you are correct

Ya thats what I was thinking...cool. I have a friend from highschool who practices Latter day saint.

You cant prove evolution by science or math...just theories, but if it doesnt exist how did we get here>? Just a thought!

of course u can prove evolution by science ......... thats exactly what it is

The theories lie in religion ............ Adam & Eve ........ u expect me to believe that 2 people just happened to appear on this earth ......... not only that but they could talk to snakes ........... and when was the last time anyone ate a poisonous apple ???

a man parted a body of water , a man walked on water ........ etc.... nothing but folklore passed down from generation to generation

MrMeathead is offline Member

The theories lie in religion ............ Adam & Eve ........ u expect me to believe that 2 people just happened to appear on this earth ......... not only that but they could talk to snakes ........... and when was the last time anyone ate a poisonous apple ???

a man parted a body of water , a man walked on water ........ etc.... nothing but folklore passed down from generation to generation
    Soo what do you believe happens when we die and how did we get put on this earth?

Ya thats what I was thinking...cool. I have a friend from highschool who practices Latter day saint.
    yeah, i used to be atheist but i got into the church from my GF, really changed my life! = ]

Science will never Proove nor Disproove God..fact

you decide which one to pick

Quote Originally Posted by justinandrews7

Science will never Proove nor Disproove God..fact

yet you can't prove what u believe in (god, heaven, hell, jesus, etc...) .............. go figure

How do you prove evolution? It is the theory of evolution.

So you are telling me that one day something exploded and then everything just perfectly fell into place and then life evolved into what we have now?

My point is you cant PROVE either theory. I for one choose to believe that a supreme being created us. I respect everyones beliefs, I just want to make it clear to you that we cannot prove either one as they are just theories.

As for Jesus walking on water or Moses separating the Red Sea...of course I cant prove it, but thats what faith is. It is believing on something you cannot see nor prove.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMeathead
    Soo what do you believe happens when we die and how did we get put on this earth?

when you die ....... that is exactly what happens ........ your life is over .... end of story

most "believe" or wish/hope that there is an after life ......... but the fact of the matter is that it cannot be proven.

and as far as gettin "put" on this earth ............ no one was put here ......... we evolved

when you die ....... that is exactly what happens ........ your life is over .... end of story

most "believe" or wish/hope that there is an after life ......... but the fact of the matter is that it cannot be proven.

and as far as gettin "put" on this earth ............ no one was put here ......... we evolved

Well everyone has to make that choice for themselves.

Ok lets ask a couple questions here

What if I (christians) are wrong in our beliefs and athiest, evolutionist are right? We die and end of story.

What if athiests are wrong and Christians are right? Everyone who doesnt believe burns for eternity.

Again the point is, even if their is nothing out there, what do you have to lose by being a Christian and being wrong...nothing. But on the other hand if you take a gamble and the Christians are right, eternity is a long time to have to regret it.

To further help Kale, who obviously has a vendetta with Christians for some reason:

Kale you didnt see me attacking your beliefs or lack there of so dont attack mine. In case you missed it the post I quoted was right above your post.

Clearly in this post I cleared up misconseptions of what was meant...As you can see above I said I believe you should live life and be happy, because you only get one. I was simply asking Ironfreak what the point of religion was if there was nothing in the end!
    First of all I didnt attack you, if had attacked you you would know about it believe me !!! Second of all how does my comment amount to a "Vendetta against Christians" ? Man you obviously have issues !!!!

Well everyone has to make that choice for themselves.

Ok lets ask a couple questions here

What if I (christians) are wrong in our beliefs and athiest, evolutionist are right? We die and end of story.

What if athiests are wrong and Christians are right? Everyone who doesnt believe burns for eternity.

Again the point is, even if their is nothing out there, what do you have to lose by being a Christian and being wrong...nothing. But on the other hand if you take a gamble and the Christians are right, eternity is a long time to have to regret it.
    what about the muslims, jews, buddhists ........... who says that christianity is the right religion

if there is a judgement day ......... goin with christianity ...... those who do not believe will not be punished ..... only those who oppose "god" will be punished .......... the others will be given the chance to repent ..... cause after all ....... that is what christianity is all about ........ you do something wrong and then say a few prayers and all of a sudden you are forgiven

I for one live my life ...... not for a higher power .... not so i can get into heaven or whatever after-life penthouse there is ......... i live my life to live .... and i enjoy everyday of it

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    First of all I didnt attack you, if had attacked you you would know about it believe me !!! Second of all how does my comment amount to a "Vendetta against Christians" ? Man you obviously have issues !!!!

Look bro, if i took the wrong way I apologize. To me, saying "This such a Christian view, why on earth do you need to believe any of this to live a full and happy life ?" Generalizes Christians and makes it sound like all Christians think that way, which is false. As I already explained to you, you took my post out of context, I feel I cleared it up and I just didnt think there was need for the comment after I cleared up what I meant. The generalization is what lead me to believe you had some kind of issues with Christians as a whole. If I was wrong I am sorry.

Look bro, if i took the wrong way I apologize. To me, saying "This such a Christian view, why on earth do you need to believe any of this to live a full and happy life ?" Generalizes Christians and makes it sound like all Christians think that way, which is false. As I already explained to you, you took my post out of context, I feel I cleared it up and I just didnt think there was need for the comment after I cleared up what I meant. The generalization is what lead me to believe you had some kind of issues with Christians as a whole. If I was wrong I am sorry.
    Well I appologise as well if what I said sounded like that because I certainly didnt mean it that way. I am an agnostic now but I was brought up as a Catholic so I have some views on all of this as well, but these threads always end of getting heated and end up being closed so I am staying out of this one from here on in. Again I appologise I offended you i any way because what I said was not intended that way

what about the muslims, jews, buddhists ........... who says that christianity is the right religion

if there is a judgement day ......... goin with christianity ...... those who do not believe will not be punished ..... only those who oppose "god" will be punished .......... the others will be given the chance to repent ..... cause after all ....... that is what christianity is all about ........ you do something wrong and then say a few prayers and all of a sudden you are forgiven
    I for one live my life ...... not for a higher power .... not so i can get into heaven or whatever after-life penthouse there is ......... i live my life to live .... and i enjoy everyday of it

Exactly! Who is to say I am right. Im not, I just say what I believe. If I am wrong and one of the other religions is right then I will have to deal with whatever reprocutions come with that.

Now as for the next part, according to my Christian beliefs, you are wrong. Where did you here any of that? According to Christianity, you have one life to accept Jesus, whether its your whole life or on your death bed. To get into heaven you have to accept Jesus before you die, or before judgement day. I would love to explain to you all of how the end times are going to work according to my belief, but there is 2 problems, time, and I dont even completely understand everything as I am always learning.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information