Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Religion= millions dead and counting. I think of John Lennons imagine song when he says "imagine theirs no religion, nothing to die for and all the world will be as one" That song just relaxes me. Think about this, two people that share the love of baseball were going back and forth about religion, then they brought up baseball and had a good conversation. Made me wander if we could all put religion aside and just treat each other the way we wanted to be treated if we could end the wars fought over religion. Megadeath had a good song "holy wars" that went"killing for religion, something I don't understand, ask the sheep for their belief, do you kill on god's command"

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Well you cant prove a theory but you can test it. With evolutionary theory you can possibly predict what kind of spieces would be in a specific environment and those kinds of things. Then you go and check and if they are there it gives support to evolution.

You cant do anything similar with the belife in god. You can predict nothing by assuming there is a god. But you can predict a whole lot of things with a scientific theory. A religion isnt falsifiable either but scientific theories are. So I dont se why you would even put a belife next to a scientific theory and claim they are equaly valid.
    I think you can do the same thing with religeon. For example some religeons say that you should pray, serve, etc. If you do these things it says that you will fell peace, joy, etc. So if you do these things (which to me is faith, acting) and feel what is promised than you can feel that those things come from god. I'm not trying to discredit science, I believe in God and I believe that he has done things scientificly. (If that makes sense.)

Oh... and I'm LDS or mormon as it's better known.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    To me, religion (christianity...my religion) isn't about knowing the Bible front to back, going to church every saturday or sunday without missing 1 day....to me, it's about giving (whether it's to the church or others), being kind to people; treating others like I want to be treated; and most importantly knowing God on a personal level.

It bugs me when people say that others will go to hell if they aren't a certain religion...I think if you give and are kind/loving to others etc. God will bless you.

I know not everyone believes what I believe, obviously, but just thought I would share my views.....thats all.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i was catholic, but with all the problems in the church i have now self proclaimed myself as protostant(lutheren)i have yet to attend a church, and to be honest, i am in no hurry. you can pray anywhere you are, you dont need a church to talk or pray to God

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    I hope that all of you will find happiness be it with any religion or no religion at all.

Happiness comes 1st, then comes religion..it is not that important.

Think about it like this:

Hell will be awesome!!! All the interesting fun people will be there, they will have steroids, they'll be devil girls in short skirts serving margaritas..
    Hell is good
    That was a good one

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    In post #2 i warned ya.... there is a reason that the religion section was locked down...

this is not directed any any one person..

remember my saying.. opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one, and they usually stink...

that is all..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    good idea locking this one, it may turn nasty

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information