Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SVTMuscle* is offline Banned

Why are Muslim's terrorists?

I'm not trying to start a controversy here or anything, I'm just curious on why is that Al-Queda and differnt terrorists group are generally Muslim extremists and suicide bomb people in the name of "Allah"? I'm just tryin to get some education here because i know nothing about that religion so i'm not trying to insult any muslims here.
    im just curious because i was watchin something on TV about Muslims and how they are always associated with terrorists

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    They feel the need to wage war on those who kill them (what they say)

So at what point was the US killing them that caused 9/11?

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    um...muslims AREN'T terrorists. To kill some one or one self is not in islam

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    I'm not trying to start a controversy here or anything, I'm just curious on why is that Al-Queda and differnt terrorists group are generally Muslim extremists and suicide bomb people in the name of "Allah"? I'm just tryin to get some education here because i know nothing about that religion so i'm not trying to insult any muslims here.
    im just curious because i was watchin something on TV about Muslims and how they are always associated with terrorists

The majority of Muslims aren't terrorists man.

The radical extremists make up the small percentage of muslims just like the crazy, snake handling Southern Baptist Christians.

The majority of muslims are for the most part good people and against terrorism.

Therefore by this small, selected group and everything you see on tv against the jews and americans reflects on the whole religion of Islam which makes it look bad.

I have lots of muslim friends who despise terrorists, Saddam hussein, and are friends with jews.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    There are terrorist in Ireland. Terrorism is not solely an Islamic thing.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Another thing. *Please keep this discussion civil. Any Muslim or religion bashing will be reported.*

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    some muslims, take the Koran(sp?) way to litteraly and this is what happens. terrorists suck!!! these guys become religious fanatics and some how WE become the EVIL ones. it doesnt make alot of sense to us, but in there demented heads, this is rational.

Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    The majority of Muslims aren't terrorists man.

The radical extremists make up the small percentage of muslims just like the crazy, snake handling Southern Baptist Christians.

The majority of muslims are for the most part good people and against terrorism.

Therefore by this small, selected group and everything you see on tv against the jews and americans reflects on the whole religion of Islam which makes it look bad.

I have lots of muslim friends who despise terrorists, Saddam hussein, and are friends with jews.
    no i know that, but im asking at what drives Muslims to kill people in the name of their god. i know there are all sorts of sick terrorists out there not just muslims. but like anything, there is a small % that gives them a stereotype

It's just like that crazy Christian group who goes around protesting at military funerals. They take religion and twist it to support their radical beliefs.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    It's just like that crazy Christian group who goes around protesting at military funerals. They take religion and twist it to support their radical beliefs.
    The difference is the majority of Christians condemn their behaviour. I've had Muslim friends that said they don't agree with what the Muslim extremists were doing BUT they wouldn't condemn their behaviour.

The Muslims I know condemn their behavior.

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    i find it ironic how religion can lead to a lot evil doings.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Carlos is right, its not strictly a muslim thing....

But, muslims tend to act like one force. If you attack one, you attack them all.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    The difference is the majority of Christians condemn their behaviour. I've had Muslim friends that said they don't agree with what the Muslim extremists were doing BUT they wouldn't condemn their behaviour.
    I didn't see many Christian groups in an uproar when people were blowing up abortion clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYouMSN
    I agree. They think they are saved and God's children. Everyone else is already dead in their eyes. Smite the none believers!

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Most terrorists are kids. You don't see 50 year olds doing this kind of BS.

Religious leaders of all religions should preach tollerance for all. Look

in the news we have religious head cases here as well. "God does not
    like people who hurt innocents."

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I didn't see many Christian groups in an uproar when people were blowing up abortion clinics.
    Hmm... That's true. Christianity as a whole is so corrupt nowadays it really makes me sick. I blame Catholics and their politics. I even hate to call myself a Christian so I just say I'm Non-Denominational.

The point I was making was if you go up and ask the average Christian what they think about most of these events they will say it's really messed up. Muslims tend to stick together, at least that is what I have experienced.

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    you think there arent terrorists from otehr religions? Christian terrorists exist - what about those guys blowing up abortion clinics, killing abortion doctors .. i bliebe theyre actions would be considered terrorist. And what about those sikh guys who blew up those air india flights in the 1980s followed by teh assaassination of an indian prime minister?

We just happen to know about muslim terrorism more because that's all the media will tell us... it wont highlight that there are extremists from other religions too, and they too just won't fvck off

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Religion is merely a tool used by terrorists to manipulate people into doing their bidding.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYouMSN
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Religion is merely a tool used by terrorists to manipulate people into doing their bidding.
    this is why im a firm believer in that religion was made to keep people in line and to justify reasons for things so as not too look bad..i mean come on..the catholic church can be pretty nasty..and i was brought up catholic so im not bashing anything its just my opinion that its all BS

the other side of it was to give people faith to make them believe theres somthing else..its a antic against crime if you think about it, but its ironic because religious people would kill in the name of religion

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Yes, it's a very small percentage that gives them a bad name.

I'm surprised no one compared it to steroids , but look at how much of a bad reputation steroids have because of the very few stories they hear about abuse and the rare deaths or whatever, it's the exact same thing.

I thought the movie Syriana was very well played out, and the whole part with the youth being basically brain washed is very true as to what happens there as well. They grow up learning that the West is evil, even though they have never experienced anything about it (in a lot of cases).

There are also a lot of other behind the scenes scenarios that we have no idea about, just like how the West has the "big dogs" that really pull the strings, the same goes with the Middle East, there are higher up powers who prosper from all this crap that goes on.

In terms of a more "general" sense of "why the west is evil," is simply that a lot of Middle Eastern people believe the West, specifically the U.S., is too nosey, and that they are a bully, and, well, most of this is true to a certain extent, as many Americans themselves will admit, and the M. East believes they have no right to do that. Just like the whole Iraq thing, I don't want to get into it in detail, but what right does another country have to invade an entire country and create havoc, based solely on the fact that the "leader is a bad guy."

Just like how I might THINK that you're not an adequate father to your children, doesn't give me the right to come INTO your house, get rid of you, and tell your children the "correct" way to behave. This sounds like a lame example, but I'm being very simplistic, because in reality, it really is as basic as this to their beliefs and what not.

Now all that said, remember, on a MUCH MUCH GREATER greater level, humanity thrives from good VS evil, and there will ALWAYS be chaos, it is inevitable, it's just the WAY the "universal system" works by. So right NOW, it might be a "west VS east" domination war, before it was "empires VS empires" and before that, it was dinasours VS dinasours, and maybe in 1000 years, if we are STILL around by then, it will no longer be a "east VS west" war, but some other crazy ass group that has divided themselves for whatever reason, and create differences and conflicts with each other. It's human nature, it's evolution, it's religion, it's everything, and will always be there, sometimes, it's not even worth trying to explain it or understand it, JUST YOU as an individual have to choose your side, and hope it's the best choice as a mature and intellectual human being.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    Hmm... That's true. Christianity as a whole is so corrupt nowadays it really makes me sick. I blame Catholics and their politics. I even hate to call myself a Christian so I just say I'm Non-Denominational.

The point I was making was if you go up and ask the average Christian what they think about most of these events they will say it's really messed up. Muslims tend to stick together, at least that is what I have experienced.
    I'll respond to this one....

the word "Christian" is to be a follower of "The Christ"...

Religion is an organization of people that follow a certain teaching that are based on the culture they support (Catholics)... etc...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    I'll respond to this one....

the word "Christian" is to be a follower of "The Christ"...

Religion is an organization of people that follow a certain teaching that are based on the culture they support (Catholics)... etc...
    So you're saying Christianity isn't a religion? Explain.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    in before the lock this thread will get locked and we all still have our own opinion on the matter so why bother? Headed to the gym

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    no i know that, but im asking at what drives Muslims to kill people in the name of their god. i know there are all sorts of sick terrorists out there not just muslims. but like anything, there is a small % that gives them a stereotype
    Islam happens to be the predominent religion in an aerea full of exploitation and importance. The upper 1% deal with the world's oil distribution, and therefore the Middle East has no reason for technology, education, etc. because all the money in these countries comes from oil.

The people become hopless and full of resentment because they are forgotten, starving, and have nowhere to turn. Then suddenly a radical cleric fills their heads with hope in the name of God, then after they are brainwashed, they are used as fighters and suicide bombers.

The mopst accurate depiction I've seen (and both my Jordanian friends agree) is the movie Syriana. It's a sad cycle of the Arab youth being exploited by religion, and the world exploiting the countries for oil.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Yes, it's a very small percentage that gives them a bad name.

I'm surprised no one compared it to steroids , but look at how much of a bad reputation steroids have because of the very few stories they hear about abuse and the rare deaths or whatever, it's the exact same thing.

I thought the movie Syriana was very well played out, and the whole part with the youth being basically brain washed is very true as to what happens there as well. They grow up learning that the West is evil, even though they have never experienced anything about it (in a lot of cases).

There are also a lot of other behind the scenes scenarios that we have no idea about, just like how the West has the "big dogs" that really pull the strings, the same goes with the Middle East, there are higher up powers who prosper from all this crap that goes on.

In terms of a more "general" sense of "why the west is evil," is simply that a lot of Middle Eastern people believe the West, specifically the U.S., is too nosey, and that they are a bully, and, well, most of this is true to a certain extent, as many Americans themselves will admit, and the M. East believes they have no right to do that. Just like the whole Iraq thing, I don't want to get into it in detail, but what right does another country have to invade an entire country and create havoc, based solely on the fact that the "leader is a bad guy."

Just like how I might THINK that you're not an adequate father to your children, doesn't give me the right to come INTO your house, get rid of you, and tell your children the "correct" way to behave. This sounds like a lame example, but I'm being very simplistic, because in reality, it really is as basic as this to their beliefs and what not.

Now all that said, remember, on a MUCH MUCH GREATER greater level, humanity thrives from good VS evil, and there will ALWAYS be chaos, it is inevitable, it's just the WAY the "universal system" works by. So right NOW, it might be a "west VS east" domination war, before it was "empires VS empires" and before that, it was dinasours VS dinasours, and maybe in 1000 years, if we are STILL around by then, it will no longer be a "east VS west" war, but some other crazy ass group that has divided themselves for whatever reason, and create differences and conflicts with each other. It's human nature, it's evolution, it's religion, it's everything, and will always be there, sometimes, it's not even worth trying to explain it or understand it, JUST YOU as an individual have to choose your side, and hope it's the best choice as a mature and intellectual human being.
    I missed this post, well put

i dont know if this has already been answered but the answer is that they take the koran literally and dont understand how much they are overlooking the point. it says that if you kill in the name of allah you are guaranteed a right to paradise. what they dont understand that killing INNOCENTS in the name of allah will not do that. thats why most of the suicide bombers are illiterate poor people who use the money they get for the suicide for their families

Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    you think there arent terrorists from otehr religions? Christian terrorists exist - what about those guys blowing up abortion clinics, killing abortion doctors .. i bliebe theyre actions would be considered terrorist. And what about those sikh guys who blew up those air india flights in the 1980s followed by teh assaassination of an indian prime minister?

We just happen to know about muslim terrorism more because that's all the media will tell us... it wont highlight that there are extremists from other religions too, and they too just won't fvck off
    Did you read my previous post how i stated I know there are terrorists from every angle of backround?

And Terinox I was gonna use that analogy with steroids , but you beat me to it and Phreak you really explained it for me, thanks

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    One thing I find disturbing is that when a Muslim commits a terrorist act
    the other Muslims celebrate in the streets. They definately hate
    Western Culture. When they stand up against Muslim terrorists and
    stop promoting terrorists acts I will resume the respect I once had
    for them.

it is a touchy subject. yes there are muslims that are terrorists, but that is the minority, most are just regular people.
    i watched an A & E special on osama, he grew up in a VERY wealthy family, watching american western movies and living far beyond the means of other poor people. his way of life(growing up at least) was no different than a celebrity kids.he attended a private school,dined with diplomats, had EVERYTHING he ever wanted. money was not an object,his family was loaded!!! when one of his children got sick,he took him to the USA for medical care. the guy is a hipocrit, he lived a pampered life growing up and when the chips were down for his kids health, the bastard took his kid here to try to save him. our country, and all its advances and wealth were good enough for him when he needed us,but a few years later we are"evil" and the"infidels"(sp?) yeah it makes alot of sense to kill innocent people in the name of your religous beliefs(whch the koran never promoted). what a joke!!!

i could only see this getting ugly time to shut it down

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    i could only see this getting ugly time to shut it down
    I say leave it open and remove prejudice comments like the one goodcents (an oxymoron) just posted.

Once again:

*Please keep this discussion civil. Any Muslim or religion bashing will be reported.*

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    there terrorist, everywhere not just islam.

im not sitting here bagging you out.
    but why would come asked this here?
    you know there arent many muslims here.
    and im pretty sure you have seen what happens in the news section, when this topic comes up.

i can see this turning ugly please turn it off

I was leaving it open as long as people stay civil. If someone has something nasty to say DON'T POST! Skip the thread.

fair enough.
    yeah back to topic.
    i do believe theres terrorist everywhere.
    russia,china,ireland.

the islams get dominated on tv, for the reason is cause media is run by US and Israel.

and thats not bashing thats just the facts.

and it is against US and israel.
    so it will be on tv....

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufa
    One thing I find disturbing is that when a Muslim commits a terrorist act
    the other Muslims celebrate in the streets
    . They definately hate
    Western Culture. When they stand up against Muslim terrorists and
    stop promoting terrorists acts I will resume the respect I once had
    for them.
    thats what drives the stereotype! when 9/11 occured they showed muslims dancing in the streets and burning american flags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information