Mizfit is offline Banned

Exclamation Sesame Street - Serious question

anyone know the characters and how popular it is among children?

i have a sponsorship pacakge to evaulate and need some real input.

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit

I do my wife sisters kids watch it all the time and when they are here we watch it ...
    i know of

big bird

cookie monster

oscar

bert and erine

elmo
    and many others what did you want to know ? i know here in PA where channel 13. WPBS is located its very popular

Burt, Ernie, Big bird, Snufalupogus, Elmo, The count, And that big shaggy dog, **** I forgot its name

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    i think it is really popular for kids beween 2 and 4 actualy
    elmo and oscar the graouch and cant forget big bird are probaly the most poular of all the characters(i have a six year old little girl who isnt intrested at all anymore in Sesame Street

they want their Spongebob damnit, Spongebob!!!

Dangerdan is offline Senior Member
    And dont' forget about Bob the Builder.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    See i think they introduced a gay chaaracter?

and in africa they even got a character named Kami who has HIV..

Not really good image

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power

Not really good image
    they must be trying to make it more like REAL WORLD sesame street if they did that...

Not really good image

R U serious? If they wanna expose little kids to that on a childrens TV show, then they might as well show Kami's lifestyle as well. How about an episode where he gets ****ed in his ass by Oscar the Grouch? Or shares a dirty needle w/ Big Bird as they shoot up on the stoop? What a bunch of horseshit!!!

mg316 is offline Associate Member

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    The count was my favortie!! and snuffaluffagus!!

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    "For example, Canada's Sesame Park features a small suburban town inhabited by folks like an otter and a bear, a bush pilot, a disabled child in a wheel-chair and her cat" - does this sound like a true representation mizfit?

"The current South African government has not taken much action on the matters of HIV and AIDS, so in 2003, the South African version of Sesame Street added in a 5-year-old girl monster who manages to go about daily life with ease, even though she intercepted HIV through a blood transfusion shortly after birth" - Sounds like a wonderfully entertaining kids show!

With all the bad media attention on steroid use at the moment im amazed they haven't introduced a buff looking steroid monster. Or they could put Bert and ernie on gear, they could do with a little added test, they might finally get it together and **** each other.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    It is multi cultural, and cross gender, and now cross generational..

I watched it as a child of the 60's, my kids watch it, my grand kids watch it..

I don't allow any of them to watch Mr Rodgers though.. too confussing as to acceptable male behavior..

yea i know.. don't judge me..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

whats wrong with mr rodgers? We dont have that show in UK.

V_Vandetta is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    R U serious? If they wanna expose little kids to that on a childrens TV show, then they might as well show Kami's lifestyle as well. How about an episode where he gets ****ed in his ass by Oscar the Grouch? Or shares a dirty needle w/ Big Bird as they shoot up on the stoop? What a bunch of horseshit!!!

LMAO .. i agree you have to draw the line in what you expose children to

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Burt, Ernie, Big bird, Snufalupogus, Elmo, The count, And that big shaggy dog, **** I forgot its name
    barkley is the name of the dog

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"

Not really good image
    who is the gay character??? uh h,is it burt and ernie?!?!?! i had a feeling about those 2,they have been living together for years and they share a bedromm, it all makes sesnse now!lol

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    ELMO hands down. They are coming out with a new elmo actually. Its tickle me elmo but he laughs hits his knee and falls down laughing..

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    ...pacakge ... need some real input.
    i don't know about sesame street but that i can help you with.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

Sesame Street Rules!

Bert and Ernie no longer live together. The Corporation for Public Broadcasting caved-in to pressure from the U.S. Federal Govt. who thought that it was sending a bad message to have two "single" men living together.

I always insisted that Bert and Ernie are NOT gay men... they are lesbians; Bertha and Ernestine. Facts: They have mullets, wear Rugby shirts OVER turtle-neck sweaters, have unshaved "uni-brow" eyebrows, recycle, love bird watching, don't own a car, and have been a couple for almost thirty years yet sleep in separate beds ("lebian bed-death").

When we were kids, Mr. Snufalopolis (is that Greek?) was a character that only Big Bird could see. Whenever someone else came by he always had just left. The creators of the show eventually had Mr. S. "come out" and be seen by the other characters because they thought the original story conceit was harmful to children who had "imaginary friends" that others couldn't see.

The HIV pos. character is only on the South African version of the show. The weak policies of the S. African government in treating and educating their population have led to a huge increase in infections, especially among heterosexuals and children especially. The writers have always included a big mix of different children and characters to reflect the demographics off all their audience. In the U.S.A., Sesame Street has characters who are black, hispanic, deaf, elderly (Mr. Hooper, R.I.P.), and various other shades of different and unique. I think Sesame Street is the first positive contact most white, suburban children have with spanish speakers, urban blacks, or anyone who is not "just like them".

Sesame Street was created by Jim Henson, the same man who created "The Muppets". Kermit the Frog is an original character on Sesame Street. The message in his signature song: "It's Not Easy Being Green" is the central message of Sesame St.; "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. No one is exactly as amazing as you are. If they don't like it, fvck 'em!" (I am, of course, paraphrasing.)

-BigLittleTim

aadrenaline is offline Banned

Not really good image
    i remember hearing about stuff like that..never really followed up on it but i think sesame street had a few failed characters over the years....

GOOGLE

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    oh shit im the man here ya go scroll down a little bit..
    http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/...haracters.html

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
    Bert and Ernie no longer live together. The Corporation for Public Broadcasting caved-in to pressure from the U.S. Federal Govt. who thought that it was sending a bad message to have two "single" men living together.

I always insisted that Bert and Ernie are NOT gay men... they are lesbians; Bertha and Ernestine. Facts: They have mullets, wear Rugby shirts OVER turtle-neck sweaters, have unshaved "uni-brow" eyebrows, recycle, love bird watching, don't own a car, and have been a couple for almost thirty years yet sleep in separate beds ("lebian bed-death").

When we were kids, Mr. Snufalopolis (is that Greek?) was a character that only Big Bird could see. Whenever someone else came by he always had just left. The creators of the show eventually had Mr. S. "come out" and be seen by the other characters because they thought the original story conceit was harmful to children who had "imaginary friends" that others couldn't see.

The HIV pos. character is only on the South African version of the show. The weak policies of the S. African government in treating and educating their population have led to a huge increase in infections, especially among heterosexuals and children especially. The writers have always included a big mix of different children and characters to reflect the demographics off all their audience. In the U.S.A., Sesame Street has characters who are black, hispanic, deaf, elderly (Mr. Hooper, R.I.P.), and various other shades of different and unique. I think Sesame Street is the first positive contact most white, suburban children have with spanish speakers, urban blacks, or anyone who is not "just like them".

Sesame Street was created by Jim Henson, the same man who created "The Muppets". Kermit the Frog is an original character on Sesame Street. The message in his signature song: "It's Not Easy Being Green" is the central message of Sesame St.; "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. No one is exactly as amazing as you are. If they don't like it, fvck 'em!" (I am, of course, paraphrasing.)

-BigLittleTim
    Nice post
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

WATCH THIS...REAL WORLD SESAME ST...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0jd-ryj2A

Then watch..

dave chappeles view on sesame street:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA1crpFUGGk

Ohh btw: here is that tickle me elmo!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4x-VW_rCSE

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"

Not really good image
    If this thread gets locked I'm going to laugh a kids show thread, watch it will turn into a fight

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    oh shlt that is too funny, I know this thread will get locked now.
    Wow, a fuking kids show thread gone wrong

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim

-BigLittleTim
    A very nice post indeed. I'm not sure how you know all this though. And I don't want to know.

Only thing I know about Sesame Street is that Bert and Ernie were named from the characters in "It's a wonderful life". I believe Bert was the cop, and Ernie was the taxi driver.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    It is multi cultural, and cross gender, and now cross generational..

I watched it as a child of the 60's, my kids watch it, my grand kids watch it..

I don't allow any of them to watch Mr Rodgers though.. too confussing as to acceptable male behavior..

yea i know.. don't judge me..
    you know Mr. Rodgers killed people?

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    you know Mr. Rodgers killed people?
    No, he didn't. There was a rumor going around that Mr. Rodgers was a decorated war vet. An ex Navy SEAL with over 2 dozen confirmed kills. It was also rumored that he wore long sleeves to cover up all the tattooes on his forearms. This was all proven false. The rumors were attributed to an anonymous email sent out about 5 years ago.

I've got nieces and nephews! After an hiatus of thirty years, or so, it seems that I again find myself a regular audience member. I did a little investigation to see what I'd missed in the meantime. My only complaint is that Elmo seems to have stolen some of the limelight that used to shine on Grover, my personal favorite from back in the day.

It's great that there are still children's shows that are more interested in helping kids develop their curiosity, self-esteem, and interpersonal skills, and not just in selling them stuff.

-BigLittleTim

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1buffsob
    No, he didn't. There was a rumor going around that Mr. Rodgers was a decorated war vet. An ex Navy SEAL with over 2 dozen confirmed kills. It was also rumored that he wore long sleeves to cover up all the tattooes on his forearms. This was all proven false. The rumors were attributed to an anonymous email sent out about 5 years ago.
    oh I just checked it out I guess you're right. that's disappointing to here . IMO that show was good for children because it teaches them how to be nice and care about other people. There is so much hatred and hostility in the world that it is crazy. I am guilty of it too, @ work I often walk around LOOKING for someone to kick out and I sincerely hope that they take a swing so I can beat their ass. Honestly, though shows like CSI and Law and Order are entertaining, they probably shouldn't even be made. There is WAY too much violence now in the world (not that there wasn't in the past either) and if we all were to get along and work together we could possibly be colonizing other planets to ensure survival of the human race in the future.

I can't remember anything I learned in college, but...

Remember on "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood" there was a puppet character called "Lady Elaine Fairchilde"? GOD, she scared me half to death!!
    She was this mean, boozey charcter with a big red pepper-nose, a bleached-blonde haircut, and these little red Mao suits with frogging around the button holes. She ran something called the "revolving museum", NOT because it had revolving exhibits, but because the FRIGGIN' MUSEUM SPUN LIKE A TOP! It was this psychadelic, rainbow-colored columned space ship. She was really mean, like the kind'a lady who's always yelling at kids to get out of her damned yard.

King Friday was pretty cool, though. I've often wondered why no one has taken "King Friday" for the name of their rock band.

-BigLittleTim
    Last edited by BigLittleTim; 09-22-2006 at 02:36 PM. Reason: called her haircut "dykey", which it was, but realize that lesbian members might find it offensive... or true... or both, so decided to edit it. BigLittleTim

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?

Hey!

Hey Mizfit my sister works for sesame street, if you want i can put you in contact with her through e-mail and she could explain alot to you. Let me know.

Thread Information