Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    These woman sound unique. Maybe there an androgen-taking cult of some type.
    I live in NYC. That says enough.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    You mean punch a hoe in her throat?
    ahhh that was a priceless comment carlos!!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I live in NYC. That says enough.
    yes they are!!there are also similar girls in south philadelphia and the outscurts of new jersey. hey for me i dont mind it,when they are attractive, but there are alot of pushy not so good looking girls(train wrecks as i call them) as well and that can get annoying

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    You ever get the type that give you the vibe and when you respond with the "sorry, I'm not interested vibe" she then gives you the attitude? I would think that saving face is acting like nothing happened at all or the friendly follow through as if the vibes prior were benign friendly vibes (a revision of the facts)!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    yes they are!!there are also similar girls in south philadelphia and the outscurts of new jersey. hey for me i dont mind it,when they are attractive, but there are alot of pushy not so good looking girls(train wrecks as i call them) as well and that can get annoying

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    You ever get the type that give you the vibe and when you respond with the "sorry, I'm not interested vibe" she then gives you the attitude? I would think that saving face is acting like nothing happened at all or the friendly follow through as if the vibes prior were benign friendly vibes (a revision of the facts)!
    We got girls like that in St.Louis also

If I get shot down I would just continue to act friendly just to save face! No need to act like you take a lack of interest personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty
    We got girls like that in St.Louis also

If I get shot down I would just continue to act friendly just to save face! No need to act like you take a lack of interest personally.
    I just dont understand why they get pissed if i am not head over heals in shock that they spoke to me.Most girls in STL seem to think they are the hottest things to walk the planet.Or at least talk to me WTF ya know

My take on it is that there are many reasons one can lack interest. In my case, I'm committed to my girl friend. But even before that, when I'm in the gym, I'm just not in that frame of mind. I'm not good at responding to insinuating glances anyway - part of being shy. But having a negative response to the lack of response of another person presumes you know for sure why they are doing it. Fact is, you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty
    I just dont understand why they get pissed if i am not head over heals in shock that they spoke to me.Most girls in STL seem to think they are the hottest things to walk the planet.Or at least talk to me WTF ya know

My take on it is that there are many reasons one can lack interest. In my case, I'm committed to my girl friend. But even before that, when I'm in the gym, I'm just not in that frame of mind. I'm not good at responding to insinuating glances anyway - part of being shy. But having a negative response to the lack of response of another person presumes you know for sure why they are doing it. Fact is, you don't.
    Im pretty shy to.But Im not a dick to a girl or guy if they hit on me hot or not,Like you i commited to my girl.

man this thread got way off

man this thread got way off

I can be a bit of a dick. I just avert my eyes and avoid subsequent eye contact and that doesn't seem to go over big.

Hey, this gay thread has transmuted itself into a heterosexual thread.

Superhuman is offline Banned
    man, there was this gay kid @ the gym today and he kept staring at me and I kept looking to see if he was still staring and kept making accidental I contact and that just got him to stare more!!! AHHH I also had a terrible workout today but that's unrelated

oh, and that happens with this fat chick in my psych class all the time too

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    man, there was this gay kid @ the gym today and he kept staring at me and I kept looking to see if he was still staring and kept making accidental I contact and that just got him to stare more!!! AHHH I also had a terrible workout today but that's unrelated

oh, and that happens with this fat chick in my psych class all the time too
    I had this happen two days ago. I was on a bench and the other guy was right next to me . I would do my set then sit down to rest catching my breath and wouldn't you know staring straight at me not even trying to hide it. I just looked up , looked away and kept working out. It has happened before who cares.

Maybe if i was mike i should have hit him in the face with a DB !

j/k mike

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Yeh serious.. whats the deal with the eye games at the gym? I learned in the joint not to look people in the eye at all but thats all these dudes do at my gym. I remember i was working out one day in the joint and I looked at some big black guy checking out how jacked he was (carlos literally would be peewee herman compared to this guy) and he turned his head and came over to my bench and said "get up" (i thought i was gonna die)
    So i get up, he puts some weight on, does a set, and Im standing around akwardly scratching my head not looking at him but I could totally tell he wasnt getting up so I just walked off and did some push-ups in the dirt lol.
    Ok enough of my prison stories.
    It could be a lot worse though i suppose is what im saying : )

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Maybe if i was mike i should have hit him in the face with a DB !
    haha that's terrible could you imaging that... breaking someone's face - what would you tell the cops, "uh officer he was staring at me funny"

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    Yeh serious.. whats the deal with the eye games at the gym? I learned in the joint not to look people in the eye at all but thats all these dudes do at my gym. I remember i was working out one day in the joint and I looked at some big black guy checking out how jacked he was (carlos literally would be peewee herman compared to this guy) and he turned his head and came over to my bench and said "get up" (i thought i was gonna die)
    So i get up, he puts some weight on, does a set, and Im standing around akwardly scratching my head not looking at him but I could totally tell he wasnt getting up so I just walked off and did some push-ups in the dirt lol.
    Ok enough of my prison stories.
    It could be a lot worse though i suppose is what im saying : )
    what a sad way to live! I look everybody in the eye no matter who it is. As a psych major you should know that you can tell alot about a person by looking them in the eye.

additionally I was in jail for a little while, in Atlanta no less, and I looked everybody in the eye there... i don't give a f*ck if he's some black guy twice my size (<---) I will look him in the eyes to know what he's like - to feel him out.
    Last edited by Superhuman; 10-25-2006 at 08:01 PM.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    haha that's terrible could you imaging that... breaking someone's face - what would you tell the cops, "uh officer he was staring at me funny"
    Trust me with people today that wouldn't even surprise me.

Heard in the news a 14 stab his 14 year old brother in the chest for a pack of gum ! His brother died and the other is going to jail for murder. Poor mother.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    what a sad way to live! I look everybody in the eye no matter who it is. As a psych major you should know that you can tell alot about a person by looking them in the eye.

additionally I was in jail for a little while, in Atlanta no less, and I looked everybody in the eye there... i don't give a f*ck if he's some black guy twice my size (<---) I will look him in the eyes to know what he's like - to feel him out.
    The only time I look someone in the eyes is if we are talking. But other than that I keep my chin up, head forward, and focus on something nonhuman.
    As a psych major I know it may be a problem and I cant describe why I do it but in some really weird way I feel like Im intruding on people. I know it prob doest make sense but thats how it feels.

And yeh when I was in i was like a buck fifty, white, and a pretty boy. The only people I got along with were people i was forced to interact with, a few times I got threatened by bloods. One night they told me not to shut my eyes because they were gonna "poke me up". They didnt like me because i came from a good family and a good town, and was just real different.

That night in my bed i noticed 2 bloods tiptoing to the bathroom. (it was an open wing with 16 inmates housed in one cell) So i snuck out and told a co. 5 mins later i was being dragged to protective custody and was thrown in a cell for 8 days straight trying not to lose mind. I was transfered to an even worse prison where I didnt look anybody in the eye and miraculously got by. I minded my own business. I may have associated safety with not looking people in the eye, and I know Im out now, but it still doesn feel right.

So yeh, im not sure how long you were in. Or how good your knuckegame is against a shank, but I just wasnt cut out for that shit. Plus i was like 21 at the time.
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 10-25-2006 at 08:50 PM.

notorious_mem is offline Senior Member
    The only time I look someone in the eyes is if we are talking. But other than that I keep my chin up, head forward, and focus on something nonhuman.
    As a psych major I know it may be a problem and I cant describe why I do it but in some really weird way I feel like Im intruding on people. I know it prob doest make sense but thats how it feels.

And yeh when I was in i was like a buck fifty, white, and a pretty boy. The only people I got along with were people i was forced to interact with, a few times I got threatened by bloods. One night they told me not to shut my eyes because they were gonna "poke me up". They didnt like me because i came from a good family and a good town, and was just real different.

That night in my bed i noticed 2 bloods tiptoing to the bathroom. (it was an open wing with 16 inmates housed in one cell) So i snuck out and told a co. 5 mins later i was being dragged to protective custody and was thrown in a cell for 8 days straight trying not to lose mind. I was transfered to an even worse prison where I didnt look anybody in the eye and miraculously got by. I minded my own business. I may have associated safety with not looking people in the eye, and I know Im out now, but it still doesn feel right.

So yeh, im not sure how long you were in. Or how good your knuckegame is against a shank, but I just wasnt cut out for that shit. Plus i was like 21 at the time.
    amen to that bro.

damn that's rough... i understand how you felt though I can't relate. that would be extremely hard to be in a place where nobody was your friend and you were threatened like that, damn. you're out now though bro, you don't have to worry about it anymore!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information