Thread: job interview

Sage is offline Anabolic Member

job interview

do u ask questions about them after you told them about yourself

i think i was asking to much shit about their company and how things work there

technically, when you get a job interview with a hiring manager, i would assume you get the job right there on the spot if they like you, but instead he said they are still interviewing and continue doing so within a two week time span.

shit, should i not even get my hopes up at this point.

i not sweating to much since i am currently employed, but it would be nice to get a bigger paycheck

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    it is a good idea to ask a few questions about there company because it shows u took time out to research there company and makes u seem more interested in them...also it may make u stand out a bit more which is good...and dont expect to get the job on the spot..u may have to go for more interviews...if u do its a good thing cause this shows that they are takin time out to see u so they must be interested...

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I've always asked questions about the company before getting the job or taking the job because you don't want to ever leave your current stable situation to only come to a new job with high hopes and some shit hits the fan that you don't agree with. So, asking questions is a good thing. Don't worry about it, they are probably interviewing a lot of folks.

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I always try to ask questions too but im always to goddamn nervous. If you dont mind me asking, what types of questions do you guys usually ask??

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    it is a good idea to ask a few questions about there company because it shows u took time out to research there company and makes u seem more interested in them...also it may make u stand out a bit more which is good...and dont expect to get the job on the spot..u may have to go for more interviews...if u do its a good thing cause this shows that they are takin time out to see u so they must be interested...
    thanks bro for the support and feedback. i had an interview with hiring manager and their main senior lead technician at the same time. I think it went smooth overall , just don't know what they are looking for.

their Senior Tech was hitting me up with allot of curveballs, but it was all good since i work in the field already, but get underpaid. i did get disappointed since i was expecting a decision that same day.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    I've always asked questions about the company before getting the job or taking the job because you don't want to ever leave your current stable situation to only come to a new job with high hopes and some shit hits the fan that you don't agree with. So, asking questions is a good thing. Don't worry about it, they are probably interviewing a lot of folks.
    sounds good man, i also e-mailed the hiring manager back informing it was a pleasure meeting both of them and to keep me in the loop. they only have one spot availible and the office is only ten minutes away from my house which is awesome.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I've never worked in any major company that hired on the spot. I've worked for transnationals, multinationals, intranational et cetra. Three in total and none of them hired me on the spot. On avg. it was after 3 meetings. Interview with HR, which does the screening, then the manager. Sometimes a telephone interview.
    Id expect a very unorganised company or one with a feeble budget.

i just hate the waiting game and especially telephone interviews since they call when i am always in the middle of something.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    You will never get a decision the same day dude. Most places interview all the candidates first then weigh up the pro's and con's before making a decision.

we'll see how its gonna play out, i can holdout until something better rolls along, but the location of that office is priceless. only TEN min. away from my crib. I can purchase an expensive automobile and not worry about putting on high mileage from daily driving. shit with that office location i can basically get whatever i want to roll in.

I currently accumulate 98 miles both ways at my current job. the traffic in the morning is like almost two f'cking hours

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    i have heard and been told when interviewing for a professional job its a good idea to send a thank you letter for the interview.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, asking questions definately helps. Aswell, you can never kiss enough ass at a job interview.

The thankyou note does sound very nice. I think it may help. I've never tried it yet, but I might for my next job interview. It's a good idea.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    heck, some companies make you go through 3-5 interviews with different people..

and others, you meet with the owner, and your' hired.. been that way for me..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    My current university hired me on the spot during my interview. They still interviewed other people to be polite, but they had a contract drawn up the same day. I nailed the interview, asked questions about the university, the department, the faculty, and we talked about research & theories, but I never asked about the salary. According to my department head, I was the only person who didn't mention money.

that reminds me, i have never asked about the salary either. sort of slipped my mind with all the questions coming at me from every direction. maybe it'll play in my favor.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    if only a interview consited of your bulking/ cutting diets rational, maybe show them your workout routines rep/sets that would be a good job interview

in that case i would ace that shit and become the new CEO on the spot.

Tein is offline Junior Member
    I hate interviewing. Ive been trying to break into pharm sales for 6 months. I've been on a handfull of hour long interviews that I felt like I smoked and then never got a call back. Sometimes it pays to be a hot chick.

Thread Information