cfiler is offline Anabolic Member

Thoughts on BlackBerrys?

I really miss my old palm pilot. Thinking about either getting a BlackBerry, a Treo, or another Palm for Christmas.

What do you guys (and gals) use? Which do you prefer?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Treo 650. I would be lost without it. Keeps my appointments in line, numbers/addresses, email, internet, syncs to the computer with ease..etc. The 750 is coming out soon and I might have to get it because it's a little smaller and Microsoft has finally figured out how to make a mobile operating system.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Treo 650. I would be lost without it. Keeps my appointments in line, numbers/addresses, email, internet, syncs to the computer with ease..etc. The 750 is coming out soon and I might have to get it because it's a little smaller and Microsoft has finally figured out how to make a mobile operating system.

My Treo 650 is a godsend. I bought it off a friend because it was "too much phone" for him.. It can absolutley do anything my home desktop can do. In fact, more than my home desktop.. I just installed software for the SLINGBOX PRO on to my phone! I can watch High definition T.V. wireless anywhere in the world via my comcast cable directly ON MY PHONE!!!! Its too cool... But that's beside the point.. Put a 1GB SD card in there, your set to go, don't need anything else. With being in pharmacy school, owning my own business, family life, church, etc... My phone keeps everything in order. Once Treo comes out with a windows based OS.... ITS OVER, say goodbye competition..

Snrf is offline Banned
    I bought a blackberry when they first come out, it worked well for a month then I started getting messages about oil fields in central asia then it stopped working, they suck.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I have a Trio as well. Great device. We use have pushmail to get work email and keep calenders in sync as well
    Last edited by Kale; 11-09-2006 at 03:43 AM.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    i have i-mate jasjam.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    I have a Trio as well. Great device. We use have pushmail to get work email and keep calenders in sync as well
    I wonder if it's just because your on a your on a different network that you can get pushmail? That's one thing I really like about the blackberry phones. I have to have mine set up at check my email box every 20-30 minutes so it's more so a "pullmail".

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    PPC-6700 is the only way to go.. Best phone ive ever had in my life.. its windows based so its basically a handheld PC.. you will not be disappointed

unvme9180 is offline Associate Member
    I dont have a blackberry but I know someone who does and they pay like $175 a month for their plan. Its a nextel one. They were telling me that its like an extra $50 a month or so just to have service on a blackberry. That seems like a bit much to me. You can get a normal phone with interet access and a decent plan for $100 a month or soo less. But...to each his own.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmm... I think I'll wait for the Treo 750 then. That sounds like a great device.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    I had a treo, actully 2 thought i was garbage... overheating problems, battery life sucks, they lag....

then my buddy picked up the XV6700... thing is rediculoussss. i bought one myself, never ever would i try anything else

touch screen
    windows 5.0
    full slide out keyboard

its awsome. check it out, a lil pricey but definetly worth it

Foskamink is offline Banned
    my mums used blackberry alot for work, greatonce u learn to use them.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    i havent heard much good about them..lots better technology out there now.

Thread Information