Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ecivon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    It was a nice day today and I took my cousin out for a spin in my car since he was in town for turkey day. I got the TA up to about 160mph according to my G-tech since my speedo pegs at 155. fastest I have been up to yet, i have to admit that it was pretty scary.
    I had my Kawasaki up to almost 140 and that was scary ... 160 is pretty damned fast Bro.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ecivon
    I had my Kawasaki up to almost 140 and that was scary ... 160 is pretty damned fast Bro.
    Yeah, I was pretty scared it started to feel like the car was floating. However now im going to push it some more and see if 200mph is in reach. I was in 5th gear with about 1500 rpm's left. My friends in the airforce and runs security at his base and every now and then when the planes are grounded the officers will run there cars on the runway. I going to see if I can get in on that. I was going to do it last summer but they had an airshow the weekend was free.

ecivon is offline Member
    Yeah, I was pretty scared it started to feel like the car was floating. However now im going to push it some more and see if 200mph is in reach. I was in 5th gear with about 1500 rpm's left. My friends in the airforce and runs security at his base and every now and then when the planes are grounded the officers will run there cars on the runway. I going to see if I can get in on that. I was going to do it last summer but they had an airshow the weekend was free.
    Hey Bro, Do yourself a favor and put your car up on a lift before you do and have everything checked out. Make sure everything is tight. If everything checks out okay good luck. I blame the state patrol, but the only reason I backed off in Colorado was that I had just bought the car and hadn't had it checked on a lift and didn't want to be going 175+ and have something come loose. Even a long military runway doesn't leve much room for error. My Kawasaki had a bad swing arm bushing and I didn't know it and when I hit 135 it started vibrating real bad and thought I would lose it.

Blog Entries
    Hey Bro, Do yourself a favor and put your car up on a lift before you do and have everything checked out. Make sure everything is tight. If everything checks out okay good luck. I blame the state patrol, but the only reason I backed off in Colorado was that I had just bought the car and hadn't had it checked on a lift and didn't want to be going 175+ and have something come loose. Even a long military runway doesn't leve much room for error. My Kawasaki had a bad swing arm bushing and I didn't know it and when I hit 135 it started vibrating real bad and thought I would lose it.
    Thanks for the consern, I actually did get under the car and look nothing was loose. It was just the feeling of the speed I guess. I cant even imagine how fast it is on a bike, thats too crazy for me.

ecivon is offline Member
    Thanks for the consern, I actually did get under the car and look nothing was loose. It was just the feeling of the speed I guess. I cant even imagine how fast it is on a bike, thats too crazy for me.
    Yeah, you're right, it is all about speed. My youngest is 15 and when he was 12 he would take our jet boat out and run against other boats in races on Lake Washington. The thing would go almost 70 and he would be trying to push the throttle harder to get a little more out of it. He's a little off center I think. A natural gear head.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, you're right, it is all about speed. My youngest is 15 and when he was 12 he would take our jet boat out and run against other boats in races on Lake Washington. The thing would go almost 70 and he would be trying to push the throttle harder to get a little more out of it. He's a little off center I think. A natural gear head.
    thats awesome, my little brother is like that even if it could kill him he would still do whatever it was. Dirt bikes, crouch rockets what ever you couldnt talk any sense into him.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    gluck running 200mph...

heres a vette
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6EiNFiLhV0

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Do you live in the seattle area?

NOREGRETS is offline Senior Member
    That's bad ass, I'm been think about getting a vet for awhile.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NOREGRETS
    That's bad ass, I'm been think about getting a vet for awhile.
    Nothing better for the money, base c6 has 400 hp and if you get the six speed(which you better) you will bet 28 mpg highway. My dad is spying one right now. I have taken them for a spin and they are great. can even control ride setting, road course, cruise or highperformance.

NOREGRETS is offline Senior Member
    Base 400hp, that shit is great and the zo6 is 505hp. Very impressive for factory specs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NOREGRETS
    Base 400hp, that shit is great and the zo6 is 505hp. Very impressive for factory specs.
    I have reading about GM coming out with a corvette ss, which is the z06 with a supercharger that puts out around 650 hp. how cool would that be.

ecivon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aadrenaline
    gluck running 200mph...

heres a vette
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6EiNFiLhV0

That was a great link ... damned thing pulled hard all the way through 4th gear.

ecivon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    Do you live in the seattle area?
    Yep -- NW corner.

I have reading about GM coming out with a corvette ss, which is the z06 with a supercharger that puts out around 650 hp. how cool would that be.

yea i read the article as a z07 with a pricetag od $110k so eff that lol

ill look for it

oh apparently they are making it..i know when i read the original it said theres a possiblity of one..http://www.automobilemag.com/future_..._corvette_z07/

Blog Entries
    yea i read the article as a z07 with a pricetag od $110k so eff that lol

ill look for it
    I havent seen any pricetags, but wow thats pretty high. must be a carbonfiber everything on there. I bet they dont build it because then what is the z06 for.

ecivon is offline Member
    oh apparently they are making it..i know when i read the original it said theres a possiblity of one..http://www.automobilemag.com/future_..._corvette_z07/

Nice link, I hadn't seen this prototype before. If only they go ahead with it as envisioned. Design still doesn't upgrade enough -- some old front fascia, probably the samed tired rear treatments, taillights, fascia, flat rear. Shame. I like the side mods and the upper front deck and top. If they come out with it and I could afford it I'd probably take a look at one. And I'm not big on vettes.

Blog Entries
    Good link, Thats going to be a pretty kickass car. Guess Im going to have to build my motor up more and up the boost from my procharger in case I see one of those in 08.

violator1 is offline Associate Member
    a buddy had a bone stock WS6 that would take vettes everytime. we couldn't figure out why, though. they ain't supposed to do that. anyway it was always fun.....
    i gota a truck though. 96 vortec Z71 i'm in the process of making into a sleeper. ATI charger, aluminum heads, the works. wanna get the feel of my 92 1LE in my truck. think it can be done??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by violator1
    a buddy had a bone stock WS6 that would take vettes everytime. we couldn't figure out why, though. they ain't supposed to do that. anyway it was always fun.....
    i gota a truck though. 96 vortec Z71 i'm in the process of making into a sleeper. ATI charger, aluminum heads, the works. wanna get the feel of my 92 1LE in my truck. think it can be done??
    There is a guy in my hometown that has like a 90 something regular cab truck similar to yours and he has a procharger on his truck. Other than the whine of the procharger it is a total sleeper. He even has stock exhaust I think. But that truck has took down some pretty fast stangs and lt1's. Never me thought

The funny thing about the ls1's in vettes and f-body's is there are exactly the same. I have vin specs for ls1 engines for every model year and nothing internally is different from f-bodies and vettes within the same model year. According to my local gm dealier that sales lots of vettes and f-bodies when they were being built. Is that the exaust was a little more restrictive on base v-8 f-bodies but the computer tune was the same. so the power output should be very similar between cars.

Reelmuscle is offline Associate Member
    Here is my new ride...

And, here is the timeslip, bone stock, of my first and only run when I went to the track:

I love this car!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelmuscle
    Here is my new ride...

And, here is the timeslip, bone stock, of my first and only run when I went to the track:

I love this car!!
    awesome, really good et for your only run on it. That is my dream car.

Thanks man. I had a 2004 Viper before that, and man, the Z06 will kick the Vipers ass. The Viper tunred a few more heads, but the Z06 is such a better overall car.

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    Dam, your only 26 and you have owned both of those cars!(i'm jelouse) What do you do for a living? You got some nice toys!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoXracer
    Dam, your only 26 and you have owned both of those cars!(i'm jelouse) What do you do for a living? You got some nice toys!
    Yes you must tell us your secret. Im 25 going on 26 in over a month and the only thing I have to show for my self is 6 years of school and a sh-t load of loans. but I guess I have a lot of expensive paper. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Reelmuscle
    Here is my new ride...

I love this car!!

i want one..ive seen them break 10's with just tires and exhaust gotta be an awesome driver but 11's is nice for a DD.. mine does lower 12's...hopefully ill be seeing low 11's high 10's this summer

Thanks guys. No secret here, just landed a really good job out of college working for Ford.

I got plenty of racing vids too of my car. If any of you guys have aim, hit me up and I will send them to you. "fnadar" on aim.

LOL, you work for Ford and owned a Dodge and a Chevy! Cool cars, i'll be looking for you on AIM.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoXracer
    LOL, you work for Ford and owned a Dodge and a Chevy! Cool cars, i'll be looking for you on AIM.
    And I have a Civic for a daily driver..lol.

Cool man, I am ALWAYS on aim, even if my away message is on, hit me up. I am usually just browsing the forums with my away message on.

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    buy this one
    around 1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx euros
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Anyone see the new issue of GM hightech performance, they have articles on an ls7 transplant into a 99 z-28, and a GTO done by GM performance Parts. they also have a shootout between a Ferrari 340, Lambo Gailado, and Z06. Pretty sweet issue. The Z06 kills the two exotics.

Blog Entries
    I have a little personal drag strip marked out by my house off of the main highway. I was testing out my T.A. after getting a new tune with my procharger combo. I was doing about a 120 when my engine cut out and I lost all power. My brakes were working but not the abs and I was coming up on the end of the strip were it comes to a T with the highway. I had to completely turn the key off and restart the engine will stilll rolling probably at about 80 mph so that I could brake before going into the intersection. When I started the engine and got it stopped finally, I heard something banging pretty loudly in the engine compartment. I thought sh^t I busted a connection rod or bent a lifter. I limped it home, which is a mile down the highway thinking the worst. When I checked under the hood I found that I had just broke the Belt tensioner. Man was I relieved because its only a 50 dollar part. I couldnt believe that it didnt throw the belt off but it just popped the spring and I had loose belt tension. I was pretty pumped up too from the car dying on me on the strip because if I would have gone off the road when I had no brakes and stearing I would have been pretty f'd because the ditches are really deep and there are trees and fence rows all around it. Oh well I will be out there again once I get my new tensioner.

ecivon is offline Member
    Hey Bros ... This thread has been the best one for awhile, glad it's still hanging around. Someone should start a new one up.

Damn GM better not mess around and screw up the new vette and coming out with the new camaro. For me it'll be tough to pass on the camaro as have had several, especially if it comes with a big hp alum motor. Though I haven't had any interest in vettes up to the latest and the new one looks awesome.

Was coming back from Lake Chelan last mem. day holiday weekend crossing Steven's Pass and raced a new vette for a loooong ways ... could'nt pass him and pissed me off. Just gotta get that stroker kit and s/c for this thing and use the new camaro for city driving/cruising.

HP/Torque/Pulling Hard RPM's, almost as good as sex. LOL

Blog Entries
    Hey Bros ... This thread has been the best one for awhile, glad it's still hanging around. Someone should start a new one up.

Damn GM better not mess around and screw up the new vette and coming out with the new camaro. For me it'll be tough to pass on the camaro as have had several, especially if it comes with a big hp alum motor. Though I haven't had any interest in vettes up to the latest and the new one looks awesome.

Was coming back from Lake Chelan last mem. day holiday weekend crossing Steven's Pass and raced a new vette for a loooong ways ... could'nt pass him and pissed me off. Just gotta get that stroker kit and s/c for this thing and use the new camaro for city driving/cruising.

HP/Torque/Pulling Hard RPM's, almost as good as sex. LOL
    When Im done with school and get a job the first thing im spoiling myself with is a new vette.

ecivon is offline Member
    When Im done with school and get a job the first thing im spoiling myself with is a new vette.

I never gave vettes a second look until this year came out and their performance speaks for itself for sure. My neighbor has one and he plays it pretty hard in the area. The exhaust actually at times doesn't sound like a
    v8. It was always the styling with vettes that turned me off until this year. If the new one looks like they are showing it'll be great.

My dad had a dealership and a couple of used car lots and he had a 63 fuelie convert I wish I had. When he would go home and the sales managers would leave, my older brother and I would go get the keys and take the muscle cars next door into this big parking lot and have burn out contests. He was 6'3" and weighed 250 and always got the best cars.

How's school going Bro? Hang in there it'll be worth it when you finish.

Blog Entries
    I never gave vettes a second look until this year came out and their performance speaks for itself for sure. My neighbor has one and he plays it pretty hard in the area. The exhaust actually at times doesn't sound like a
    v8. It was always the styling with vettes that turned me off until this year. If the new one looks like they are showing it'll be great.

My dad had a dealership and a couple of used car lots and he had a 63 fuelie convert I wish I had. When he would go home and the sales managers would leave, my older brother and I would go get the keys and take the muscle cars next door into this big parking lot and have burn out contests. He was 6'3" and weighed 250 and always got the best cars.

How's school going Bro? Hang in there it'll be worth it when you finish.
    School is good, getting ready to defend my master's thesis in a couple days then its off to get my doctorate in something I dont know what yet.

Blog Entries
    Ok so im going to the store to get some food tonight and some guy in a supra starts jacking with me on the way. I was talking on the phone to my girl so I didnt notice him I guess. I pulled into the parking lot and the guy pulls up to me and starts calling me a puss for not racing him and yad yad yad. I normally dont get caught up in the whole street racing scene cause I think its kinda dangerous plus I dont want a ticket. But call it just getting off a cycle or whatever so I got f^cking pumped and said f- it lets race. We go to a road thats about 10 minutes outside of town were no traffic is at. The guy wants to put money down but Im not stupid that shit will get you killed so I declined and said lets just have some fun. We have 3 races and I stomp him everytime, I mean the closest race we had was when I missed 3rd gear and he was only 4 cars behind. We stopped and chatted for awhile this guy had a pretty nice car he put somewhere in the ball park of around 15g's in mods. He was dynoed at 443 at the wheels on his car which is damn good. He had a pretty nice twin turbo setup I think he said it ran like 21 psi of boost.

I felt pretty good after the race and talking to the guy cause I only have about 7 g's in the motor and suspension. I have a procharger set up dynoed at 502hp at the rear wheels and 458 lbs of torque with stock cam and valve train.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 03-31-2007 at 05:42 PM.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    who else has had both headlight gears go out on firebird or t/a, pretty long project trying to change them

My friend was telling me this story that he was talking with these 2 younger guys that work for him and he heard them talk about a motors and a 350 and so on. So he's like, this is cool, i didn't know they were into cars and building motors and stuff. So he starts BS-ing with them and they had no idea what he was talking about because they were talking about a Nissan 350 Z LOL.

I love the sounds of a V-8. Turn up your speakers and watch this. I'm the second car.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POLvcBubMVw

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information