dan991 is offline Anabolic Member

I got raped... bigtime! Mortgage people come in.

Alright, so here's the deal. I'm gonna keep it short and sweet for the ADD people (I'm one of them.)

So, I moved from Michigan to Georgia. Bought a house in GA (never lived here before) and got a new job. I accepted the job before I moved. Packed all our stuff in "pods" and shipped it down a week before our closing so all our stuff would meet us here at closing for unpacking.

Our mortgage rep and the bank screwed us, big time. They jacked up all our "quoted" stuff to the point where our good faith estimate payment of $1600.00 went to $2,600.00 at the closing table. A majority of it is the "origination fee" which is the brokers cut. So, knowing that we were moving out of state, they intentionally jacked up the rates, fee's, etc. by over $900.00. One hour before closing, they faxed it over to the closing attorneys office, and we literally found out there what they did. We called our mortgage rep. and she quit answering the phone. I know we didn't "have to" sign the mortgage, but honestly we didn't have much of a choice. All our stuff was already in GA, my job started the next day, and it would have cost me ANOTHER $4K to send all our stuff back to MI, plus I wouldn't have a job.

The question:

What can I and should I do? Sue, ??????? What are my options. Honestly, i don't want to sue. I just want what we were told and promised. They intentionally screwed us knowing we would be in a crappy position and have no choice but to sign. I also want to put this company out of business or let it be known to everyone what they did. I'm in the process of refinancing our mortgage.

We did a conventional loan with a big bank before anyone asks.

Help? Ideas?

Oh yeah, and when the closing attorney called our broker, she did answer and said it was a mistake and will be ammended later. I have an email from her stating the same, which all is a bunch of crap.

Air Walker is offline Junior Member
    Well at least I'm glad you were not actually raped litterally.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    edit
    Last edited by Ufa; 12-23-2006 at 10:11 AM.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisinturn1
    Oh yeah, and when the closing attorney called our broker, she did answer and said it was a mistake and will be ammended later. I have an email from her stating the same, which all is a bunch of crap.
    Do you have paper work signed by both parties involved stating that you would only be paying $1,600 at close? If not, you might be in a shitty situation.

If you do have a document with both signatures just wait a few to see if he/she reimbursed you. If not, threaten to take legal action against the mortgage broker and not the representative. The broker is responsible for his reps actions and will likely settle with you without much of a fight.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Alright, so here's the deal. I'm gonna keep it short and sweet for the ADD people (I'm one of them.)

So, I moved from Michigan to Georgia. Bought a house in GA (never lived here before) and got a new job. I accepted the job before I moved. Packed all our stuff in "pods" and shipped it down a week before our closing so all our stuff would meet us here at closing for unpacking.

Our mortgage rep and the bank screwed us, big time. They jacked up all our "quoted" stuff to the point where our good faith estimate payment of $1600.00 went to $2,600.00 at the closing table. A majority of it is the "origination fee" which is the brokers cut. So, knowing that we were moving out of state, they intentionally jacked up the rates, fee's, etc. by over $900.00. One hour before closing, they faxed it over to the closing attorneys office, and we literally found out there what they did. We called our mortgage rep. and she quit answering the phone. I know we didn't "have to" sign the mortgage, but honestly we didn't have much of a choice. All our stuff was already in GA, my job started the next day, and it would have cost me ANOTHER $4K to send all our stuff back to MI, plus I wouldn't have a job.

The question:

What can I and should I do? Sue, ??????? What are my options. Honestly, i don't want to sue. I just want what we were told and promised. They intentionally screwed us knowing we would be in a crappy position and have no choice but to sign. I also want to put this company out of business or let it be known to everyone what they did. I'm in the process of refinancing our mortgage.

We did a conventional loan with a big bank before anyone asks.

Help? Ideas?
    Unfortunatlely bro you're outta luck. If you signed the paperwork you are binding to the terms given. I work for COutnrywide, we are more reputable than broker shops, but I hear horror stories all the time. We here in the industry call what happened to you "Slamming the table", because they basically entice you there then jack up the costs and pressure you into the deal while you're there.

It happens every day and gives loan officers a bad name. You CAN rescind your loan up to 3 business days after you sign, but from the sound of your post, it's been longer than that. Live and learn I guess.

Sorry bro, fly back and give your banker a good

My problem is that the bitch did it intentionally. She literally waited until we were in GA, with all our stuff, and nailed us with not only more closing costs (her broker fee) but also PMI. I can prove on paper from the bank that she intentionally hid the amounts. For instance, the bank sent her all the terms with the rate lock. She didn't disclose those terms to us. She "hid" them until hours before the closing when she knew them 2 weeks before the closing. She sandbagged it all on purpose knowing that we would cancel the deal if she couldn't meet our original terms we discussed. So far, I've done the following:

Filed a complaint with the BBB.
    Filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office.

My next steps are to file a suit against both her, the bank, and the brokerage firm she works for.

It's one thing if we were going to get screwed knowing we were getting screwed. It's another thing if she intentionally knew we were getting screwed and hid it to close the loan. Actually, in the State of Michigan what she did according to the local prosecutors office is a felony called False Pretenses. I'm going after her with guns blazing.

Ontop of all this crap, we did a conventional 30 year mortgage with a huge bank (washington mutual.) SHE is the one that screwed us, not the bank. She hid all the information.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like a good plan. It totally sucks. Kinda makes me worried about buying a house.

I hope you get your money back, and are able to stick it to that b*tch. I hate it when people purposely try and take advantage of others.

Rye_guy is offline Member
    shit man, Im sorry to hear that. I wish I had some sound advice for you, but alas, I do not.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I see it all the time. It's really bad that people like her make everyone else that is trying to make a living in loans or real estate look bad. Go after her as much as you can. Maybe she will learn from this one.

i cant believe people actually do shit like that...does it make them feel better to fvck people over?

I don't know. I don't know why she did it. My problem is that she basically left me no choice. I spent a ton (about $6K total) moving all our stuff down here. I more or less moved a 3 bedroom house in PODS which was the cheapest way to move. A moving company wanted $12K to move it down from Michigan to GA. We literally showed up to closing, and had it not been for all our stuff sitting in the driveway at the new house, I would've walked out of the closing. But, if I would have done that, it would have cost another $6K to ship our stuff back to MI. So, even though I legally had a choice to close the loan or not, I would have lost money either way. The funny thing is I have flawless credit. My mid FICO score was 791 according to them. Our interest rate is low. The thing that screwed us is PMI and her fee which is.... get this.... for you mortgage guys...

1.85% ORIGINATION FEE

It was originally 0.09% until 3 HOURS BEFORE CLOSING. Then, the PMI went up, as did a few fee's here and there, all that were increased by our mortgage rep.
    The cost of our house was $365,000.00 which is a whole lotta house in South Georgia.

I got something for her ass though

I don't know. I don't know why she did it. My problem is that she basically left me no choice. I spent a ton (about $6K total) moving all our stuff down here. I more or less moved a 3 bedroom house in PODS which was the cheapest way to move. A moving company wanted $12K to move it down from Michigan to GA. We literally showed up to closing, and had it not been for all our stuff sitting in the driveway at the new house, I would've walked out of the closing. But, if I would have done that, it would have cost another $6K to ship our stuff back to MI. So, even though I legally had a choice to close the loan or not, I would have lost money either way. The funny thing is I have flawless credit. My mid FICO score was 791 according to them. Our interest rate is low. The thing that screwed us is PMI and her fee which is.... get this.... for you mortgage guys...

1.85% ORIGINATION FEE

It was originally 0.09% until 3 HOURS BEFORE CLOSING. Then, the PMI went up, as did a few fee's here and there, all that were increased by our mortgage rep.
    The cost of our house was $365,000.00 which is a whole lotta house in South Georgia.
    I got something for her ass though
    yea it is...you got a basement and 2 stories?

Neither. Ranch with upstairs bonus room. 5000 sq. ft. on 3 acres

The house has a ton of upgrades. 4 car garage, granite counter tops in the whole house, etc. Ceramic floors, hardwood, etc. Jacuzzi in master, and all kinds of other crap. We live in McDonough off 81 and Keys Ferry Road out in the sticks

The drive to work sucks ass though. I work in downtown Atlanta off GA400. I work in the big Cingular HQ. Takes me 1.5 hours to get to work, and 3 hours to get home.

Keep in mind that I'm originally from Detroit though, and $365K won't get you anything but a condo and a crappy one at that. There is no land in Detroit. The house we have here in GA would easily cost $2 Million in Detroit. So, we're use to $365K + homes. Our last house was $500K and was 1500 sq. ft. on a 300 x 200 lot with a 1 car garage.

Tesla is offline Member
    I wouldn't even bother with the Better Business Bureau. I would go with the Bad Business Bureau. Seriously. These guys have incredible advice to help people who've been screwed.

http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/

Be sure to read the tab titled "revenge guide."

...hope this helps.

Tesla is offline Member
    Oh, here's a direct link to the revenge guide...

http://www.ripoffrevenge.com/

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Good luck, the attorney general should help you. Also keep this thread updated, I'de love to see how this turns out.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Godd@mn bastards

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Prick Bastards

Thread Information