Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I picked up Civil War 7 today and I have to tell you I absolutely hate it. I did not like the entire Civil War run and I do not like the world post civil war. I hate the entire idea. It's like one big police state. I'm hoping Scarlet Witch gets her powers back and reboots the entire world and erases the past few years of Marvel. It sucks!!! I will not be buying any Initiative related titles or anything related post Civil War.

The entire story SUCKED ASS!
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

I hope in World War Hulk he kicks all of their asses. Destroys half of the planet and Scarlet Witch changes everything back pre World M. i don't know where they are going but it's the wrong direction.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    I was a fan of pre-house of M style where any new mutant could show up and hey who knows if they were good enough get their own comic I can't forsee any new heroes comming out I mean there are new comics comming out but it characters that have already been established

Here you go Carlos some new Annihilation information called the CONQUEST

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=9790

Heres a pic

Thanks! Cool article.

Looks like Tony is going to have his hands full in the next couple of months. The Nova comic should be good to see his reactions to the New Warriors all dead for the most part and seeing them betrayed by everyone. She Hulk is self explanatory. In Iron man #17 his ledership of SHEILD is already called into question so the next 2 months might be a little rough for him heres the covers for NOVA #2 and

SHE-HULK #18

What the fuck is this shit?

According to various sources, CNN.com, Variety and the release of Marvel Comics’ Captain America #25, America’s patriotic superhero Captain America is laid to rest after being killed off in a sniper shooting:

The Associated Press

NEW YORK - Captain America has undertaken his last mission — at least for now.

The venerable superhero is killed in the issue of his namesake comic that hit stands Wednesday, the New York Daily News reported. On the new edition's pages, a sniper shoots down the shield-wielding hero as he leaves a courthouse.

It ends a long run for the stars-and-stripes-we aring character, created in 1941. Over the years, some 210 million copies of Captain America comic books, published by New York-based Marvel Entertainment Inc., have been sold in 75 countries.

But resurrections are not unknown in the world of comics, and Marvel Entertainment Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada said a Captain America comeback wasn't impossible.

Still, the character's death came as a blow to co-creator Joe Simon.

"We really need him now," said Simon, 93, who worked with artist Jack Kirby to devise Captain America as a foe for Adolf Hitler.

The superhero was spawned when a scrawny arts student named Steve Rogers, ineligible for the army because of his poor health but eager to serve his country, agreed to a "Super Soldier Serum" injection. The substance made him a paragon of physical perfection, armed only with his shield, his strength, his smarts and a command of martial arts.

In the comic-book universe, death is not always final. But even if Captain America turns out to have met his end in print, he may not disappear entirely: Marvel is developing a Captain America movie.

I read that but lets face it he won't die and if he does hell be back very soon. Scarlet witch and Hawkeye were dead for all about what 1 year before they came back? I think the pronounce him dead he goes off into hiding maybe Bucky takes over the role for a little bit then when Worl WAR Hulk comes cap comes back saves the day and he gets some type of immunity.

The past couple of years marvel has gotten rid of 99% of the mutant population, turned the heroes against each other unmasked spiderman, have villians working as heores and now this cap thing I know you don't like Ironman so heres a spoiler just highlight the text in Mighty Avengers at the end of the bool he morphs into some type of female I dunno who or what but as of now it looks like Tony Stark is either gone or has been transformed so Marvel has been big with shocking their viewers in the past couple of years, but i'll bet everything that cap is faking or hiding out for a while or if he is dead it'll only last for a short while
    Last edited by 24labor; 03-07-2007 at 09:02 PM.

And any information (well lately they aren't even trying to throw people anymore) that you hear should be speculation like cap is dead well thats true cap is dead but steve rogers may still be alive and then captain america will rise agin at the darkest hour or some crap like that

I dunno if you picked up the mighty avengers or not but Stark calls him rogers not Captain America so they are not referring to him as the icon but a person and in CW #7 cap say they are not arresting captain America but Steve Rogers so Captain America dead yea probably but Steve Rogers living some where taking a break collecting his thoughts I'd say yes

Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    I read that but lets face it he won't die and if he does hell be back very soon. Scarlet witch and Hawkeye were dead for all about what 1 year before they came back? I think the pronounce him dead he goes off into hiding maybe Bucky takes over the role for a little bit then when Worl WAR Hulk comes cap comes back saves the day and he gets some type of immunity.

The past couple of years marvel has gotten rid of 99% of the mutant population, turned the heroes against each other unmasked spiderman, have villians working as heores and now this cap thing I know you don't like Ironman so heres a spoiler just highlight the text in Mighty Avengers at the end of the bool he morphs into some type of female I dunno who or what but as of now it looks like Tony Stark is either gone or has been transformed so Marvel has been big with shocking their viewers in the past couple of years, but i'll bet everything that cap is faking or hiding out for a while or if he is dead it'll only last for a short while
    I did some searching. It's Ultron. A female version.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Being really only a Punisher reader and like Frank I keep pretty far away from the rest of the Marvel Universe now but I just saw in the papers.

Captain America is dead.

That's...quite a big thing for Marvel to do. I know they've killed off Galactus in the past only to have him reserected and Wolverine has died (later revealed to be a Skrull) but this has got to be the biggest gambit Marvel has ever taken. I hope they're not too lame and plan to bring him back at the end of the year or something. This is one of the reason I stopped reading other Marvel comics...dead is never dead.

Doesn't Frank have Steve Rogers mask now?

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg
    Being really only a Punisher reader and like Frank I keep pretty far away from the rest of the Marvel Universe now but I just saw in the papers.

Captain America is dead.

That's...quite a big thing for Marvel to do. I know they've killed off Galactus in the past only to have him reserected and Wolverine has died (later revealed to be a Skrull) but this has got to be the biggest gambit Marvel has ever taken. I hope they're not too lame and plan to bring him back at the end of the year or something. This is one of the reason I stopped reading other Marvel comics...dead is never dead.

Doesn't Frank have Steve Rogers mask now?
    Yes he does. I wonder if he will ber the new Captian America.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I don't know how that will sit with people some don't want a replacement some do but I would bet the farm that he'll be back sooner than you think. I mean we had a world without a superman for a little while then DC said hey we make so much more money by having him involved

That would totally suck if Frank became the new Captain America and wore the mask and if it does happen they better just keep it to War Journal. No one could be the Punisher and noone could be Cap BUT I wouldn't be surprised if it means Frank will attempt to "punish" Caps assassins.

I don't know how that will sit with people some don't want a replacement some do but I would bet the farm that he'll be back sooner than you think. I mean we had a world without a superman for a little while then DC said hey we make so much more money by having him involved

I much prefer characters like Cap over Superman. Why. Cause Cap is relatively "normal". Okay he is a Super Soldier but he's not bullet proof. He doesn't have Class 100 Strength, cant read minds, cant grow back from a drop of blood and doesn't have ***** level power or possess the Power Cosmic. Characters that are too powerful are boring and I think its quite a good, albiet controversal, move by Marvel to kill Cap. It shows he really was, just human.

It's quite interesting because for all intents and purposes the Punisher is just the much, much darker version of Captain America.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    hmm frank castle as the punisher? i wonder, i twould be weird to see that, i am sure they will bring him back to life, dead is never dead in the comic world

heres a little article about WWH and The six-issue Annihilation: Conquest that will run from November 2007-April 2008

http://www.newsarama.com/WWLA_07/Marvel/mondo.html

heres a little article about WWH and The six-issue Annihilation: Conquest that will run from November 2007-April 2008

http://www.newsarama.com/WWLA_07/Marvel/mondo.html
    Thanks for the update. World War Hulk looks good.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    ^I think it looks pretty cool to

There's only two fights I wanna see in World War Hulk.

Hulk versus Wolverine

Hulk versus Juggernaut

There's only two fights I wanna see in World War Hulk.

Hulk versus Wolverine

Hulk versus Juggernaut
    Juggernaut is losing his powers. He's not as strong as he used to be. He went on a quest to get his powers back but the issue never resolved if he is back to full strength or not. I guess we'll find out during World War Hulk.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    How's Wonder Woman doing? Is she still hot?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    How's Wonder Woman doing? Is she still hot?
    Wonder Woman killed a man and it was broadcast on television around the world. The guy was a telepath controlling Superman forcing him to attack other heroes so she killed the guy to save Superman. Now everyone in the world thinks she's a murderer. Because of this the Amazons were attacked and they width drew their island from Earth. An up coming mini series the Amazons return pissed off kicking ass.

"Well over a year has passed since the events of Infinite Crisis, including the retreat of the Amazons to the realm of the Gods. But now they’re back, screaming for vengeance! What could compel the Amazons to renounce their peaceful ways and attack America? The answers will prove useless to a country and hero population utterly unprepared for this savage attack. And where is Wonder Woman while all this is going on?"

Juggernaut is losing his powers. He's not as strong as he used to be. He went on a quest to get his powers back but the issue never resolved if he is back to full strength or not. I guess we'll find out during World War Hulk.

Juggernaut is one of my favourite supervillains, how'd he lose his powers? The last time I saw him was in the 8th Day Saga and he was at full power then, not even Thor could stop him. I don't like it when Marvel tamper with characters by depowering them. Off topic has there ever been a showdown between the Silver Surfer and Juggernaut? Even though Juggernaut couldn't get near the Surfer I dont see how the Surfer could actually harm the Juggernaut.

Juggernaut is one of my favourite supervillains, how'd he lose his powers? The last time I saw him was in the 8th Day Saga and he was at full power then, not even Thor could stop him. I don't like it when Marvel tamper with characters by depowering them. Off topic has there ever been a showdown between the Silver Surfer and Juggernaut? Even though Juggernaut couldn't get near the Surfer I dont see how the Surfer could actually harm the Juggernaut.
    Juggernaut is no longer a villain. He's a hero. He was a member of the X-Men for a bit and now is in England in Excalibur.

The Silver Surfer could fry is ass. Silver Surfer is cosmic level. He can destory entire star systems. Juggernaunt can't. Silver Surfer could throw him into space. Juggernaunt has to breath.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Interesting article on comic books. People better start buying more of them!

http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/193167

Juggernaut is no longer a villain. He's a hero. He was a member of the X-Men for a bit and now is in England in Excalibur.

The Silver Surfer could fry is ass. Silver Surfer is cosmic level. He can destory entire star systems. Juggernaunt can't. Silver Surfer could throw him into space. Juggernaunt has to breath.

Im sure Surfer is not that powerful though im sure he could make a star go nova and im pretty sure Juggernaut doesn't have to breath, sleep or eat...that ruby makes him immortal as well. PLUS im sure no power unless it is higher than Cytoraak can physically harm Cain. But that was before Marvel made Cain all lame and good and weak and crap.
    Last edited by Flagg; 03-18-2007 at 03:56 PM.

Im sure Surfer is not that powerful though im sure he could make a star go nova and im pretty sure Juggernaut doesn't have to breath, sleep or eat...that ruby makes him immortal as well. PLUS im sure no power unless it is higher than Cytoraak can physically harm Cain. But that was before Marvel made Cain all lame and good and weak and crap.
    Juggernaut is not immortal and never has been. Where did you hear that?

Thanks for the update. World War Hulk looks good.
    no problem. Yea from what I hear the next issue of hulk is going to be what sets him off. You pick up CW: the Confession? It was alright nothing special.

JLA is looking damn good can't wait for the end of Red Tornados story. I wonder if Vixen and Hawkgirl are going to be members? I think Vixen is supposed to be. we also see Geo-force getting ready to head back to Gotham I wonder if hes joining up.

have you picked up JSA yet #4 comes out this week it is also getting very good and the story is better in my eyes as a whole I mean tornados story is cool but JSA's story is affecting all of them.

JLA is looking damn good can't wait for the end of Red Tornados story. I wonder if Vixen and Hawkgirl are going to be members? I think Vixen is supposed to be. we also see Geo-force getting ready to head back to Gotham I wonder if hes joining up.
    I think Vixen and Hawkgirl will join. I don't know who Geo-force is.

have you picked up JSA yet #4 comes out this week it is also getting very good and the story is better in my eyes as a whole I mean tornados story is cool but JSA's story is affecting all of them.
    Is #4 the start of the JLA/JSA crossover?

Is #4 the start of the JLA/JSA crossover?
    no not sure on that haven't heard anything new but the story is a group calling themselves the Fourth Reich are killing all superheroes famalies Mr. America and his whole blood line are dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geo-Force

GEOFORCE I didn't know too much about him myself

Juggernaut is not immortal and never has been. Where did you hear that?

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Juggernaut

It states that the crimson bands alone sustain Cain from not requiring food or sleep and im sure I read somewhere Gommar commenting that whoever wields the ruby becomes immortal.

It also states that he's been stripped of his mini forcefield and has some wussy new armour. I hate it when Marvel do things like this. Characters like Galactus, Gladiator, Apocalypse and Juggernaut should be far more powerful than what they're portrayed in the comics but they're always losing to crappy characters, "jobbing" so to speak to make some new lame super team look strong.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Juggernaut

It states that the crimson bands alone sustain Cain from not requiring food or sleep and im sure I read somewhere Gommar commenting that whoever wields the ruby becomes immortal.

It also states that he's been stripped of his mini forcefield and has some wussy new armour. I hate it when Marvel do things like this. Characters like Galactus, Gladiator, Apocalypse and Juggernaut should be far more powerful than what they're portrayed in the comics but they're always losing to crappy characters, "jobbing" so to speak to make some new lame super team look strong.
    I would say that descirption would fall under the category of "near immortal" although he dosen't need food or water he can still be killed. many people are near immortal such as Hulk, Hercules Galactus and many others but they can still die theoretically

I would say that descirption would fall under the category of "near immortal" although he dosen't need food or water he can still be killed. many people are near immortal such as Hulk, Hercules Galactus and many others but they can still die theoretically
    Silver Surfer could still fry his ass. Throw him Juggernaunt into the sun.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information