Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"

Unhappy Holiday depression, who's got it?

I suddenly feel bummed out everyday it's always something. Car is acting up now and the bltch two doors down from my salon keeps wanting to stir it up about the salon flooding and her store didn't even get wet. Now she says there is mold and keeps calling the lease people trying to stir it up They are trying to make her happy but she won't let it drop. I've been having really good days but it always seems like one step forward, 2 steps back Well I feel a little better now. I know it's all how you look at things but shlt just seems to be piling on. I praddle on, how do you guys feel

I'm setting here watching one of my damn fish dying too This day blows.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    in laws r here...nuff said

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    ive been sad since October 14th

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    in laws r here...nuff said

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I talked to my ex last week. She doesnt want to see me for Christmas. I miss her and her daughter

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    I use to get sad around the holidays when I was younger, however these days are better. My father died when I was 18 years old around the early part of December and that really put a damper on my holidays for many years afterwards.

However, towards my mid 20s I asked my wife to marry me on December 19 and now our anniversary is that third week. I also have a young son these days to celebrate Christmas with so my holidays are very enjoyable with my family.

Keep your spirits up because it will get better for you too. Remember the holidays are about family and friends and so all the insignificant crap is just that, insignificant. Go do something nice for your loved ones and I guarantee you will feel better and Merry Christmas Friend!

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    I have to work Christmas day, and thus, I can't spend it with my family.

Then I have to go to my fiance's family and be nice to them for the holidays.

NOREGRETS is offline Senior Member
    This is the first year in over a decade that I have been single during the holidays. I definitely picked up a little holiday depression.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    my parents are being a little bit of a pain

putting up with them without unleashing hell

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Car cost me $400.
    Lost a girl.
    Still have not passed my kidney stone.
    Might be getting called back to the Marines to go to Iraq.
    Fvck you 2006!

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i kind of hate this time of year we never do anything for xmas my parents are divorced i have a real small family we dont even out a tree up my mom just gives us money its kool and all but its not the same.i always end up at my best freinds house for thanksgiving and xmas.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    It's the opposite for me. So far this is has been one of the best Holidays I have had in 4 years.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    It's the opposite for me. So far this is has been one of the best Holidays I have had in 4 years.
    Yeah, 'cause you're a ripped, vascular bodybuilder with a new bf!!
    Merry Christmas Carlos!!

fenceguy is offline Associate Member
    My heart goes out to all of ya who are feeling down during this time of year. Been there myself, battled "major depression" for years. I have no family, (orphaned)went through a nasty divorce in february from an abusive wife, and all my friends are married with kids, Going to spend christmas day either out in the woods in a tree stand or out on my boat. Circumstances should dictate that I should be miserable and bitchy, but I am not. I am probably the happiest I have ever been in my life. Every day is gift, think about all the good things we do have, I am pretty sure we are all reasonably healthy on here, none of us are wondering where we are going to sleep or eat, I know here in the US. I am damn thankful for the freedom that we have and should be thanking our military for that freedom. Think of all our soldiers who are in IRAQ risking their lives to keep us safe. Remember what christmas is all about, the day that god's only begotten son was born so that he could save all of us. Thats what this day is really about. To appreciate the sacrafice and make us all realize how lucky we are. If your feeling down, Trying doing something nice for someone who is less fortunate. Volunteer at a shelter, or at a soup kitchen. Buy a toy for a needy child. Practice random acts of kindness. I guarantee it will make you feel better. I wish everyone on here a very merry christmas. God Bless.

Graham

Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    Yeah, 'cause you're a ripped, vascular bodybuilder with a new bf!!
    Merry Christmas Carlos!!
    Yeah, that helps to.

So far I've gotten everything I've wanted for Christmas. My bf was away on orders and they let him come home for the Holidays. We're going to visit his family. I've gotten a new camera, stuff for my apartment and other gifts. We're exchanging every couple of days. I'm going to see my Mom and my brother after the new year. I haven't seen them since last year so I'm really excited about it. Plenty of things to be happy about and thankful for.

this Xmas isnt bad for me, my wife,daughter and I have done alot so far. We've gone to drive through Xmas lights, a Xmas light thing at the zoo, drove to the mountains to see my parents last weekend. I traded in my Acura for a new Ford F-150, I freaking love the thing, big 5.4 liter V-8, power baby!! I've had 2 Xmas parties at work so far, one for our station and one yesterday for another station we run with. Watched some good movies w/ the guys at work, saw Invincible w/ Mark Wallberg, it ruled! Going tonight to see Rocky Balboa after some drinks at the bar w/ the guys. Yeah, I've splurged and ate cookies and crap this past week, but **** it, you only live once and after Xmas it's all about getting my business started on the side and building up more for my next show in August. Money has been a little tight, but screw it I'm not letting money get my nerves worked up my whole life, I manage. Only downfall is I've been off gear for almost 4 months now, cant get anything because I've been strapped for cash but **** it, I stay big and strong anyways, my body will really kick this next run.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I talked to my ex last week. She doesnt want to see me for Christmas. I miss her and her daughter

Oh man, that's tough. I wander how women can just turn that stuff off? I'm single, but that doesn't bother me like people would think. The girl I had of 21/2 years and me never really did things on christmas so I don't have any feelings about this time of year because of the ex. Matter of fact, I woke up with a hot 18 year old on christmas day while me and the ex were on a "break" she was always wanting breaks so I just said f it My being bummed out is that I'm so close to what I want to do that I can taste it, but always some bs slows me down (doesn't stop me cold, just more like 2 steps forward, one step back )

ps, my damn fish was dead when I got in today and having the car looked at, damn american cars, I'm buying a honda next time.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Going to my brothers for new years...he doesnt have cable and Im going to miss ufc

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Going to my brothers for new years...he doesnt have cable and Im going to miss ufc
    No cable?
    Let me guess..
    U will be drinking plenty of adult beverages

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    No cable?
    Let me guess..
    U will be drinking plenty of adult beverages

You betcha hack..he is getting a poker table so that will be fun...didnt want to miss ortiz and liddell though

Chitown Raider is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    That ain't right.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.

and exactly wtf is that?

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    leave it to carlos to rain on my holiday blues with his happy ass life!!
    getting nice gifts & you're in love....bastard!

HUMBUG!

just kidding carlos...glad to see your going to have a happy holiday

Tru2 is offline Female Member
    well I'll be by myself for Christmas this year. I got plenty of pity invites. but its even less fun going to someone elses place and having to be nice to their family that you don't even know. So I bought myself some cheese, crackers and a big pavlova. grabbing some DVD's and slothing on the couch for the day.. I'm actually really happy. mmm just saw something about fudge... I might have to make some of that too. yum. The only Christmassy thing in my house is a card I got from a girlfriend that she wrote a message of "Merry f#$ken Christmas" haha.. kinda appropriate.

Its the perils of being single and having your entire family in another country.

realtalk is offline Associate Member

Cool

well i'll be alone for christmas too but oh well I got a date with a bottle of crown my in-laws are a pain in the ass a bunch of dumb asses that's why I move 350 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tru2
    well I'll be by myself for Christmas this year. I got plenty of pity invites. but its even less fun going to someone elses place and having to be nice to their family that you don't even know. So I bought myself some cheese, crackers and a big pavlova. grabbing some DVD's and slothing on the couch for the day.. I'm actually really happy. mmm just saw something about fudge... I might have to make some of that too. yum. The only Christmassy thing in my house is a card I got from a girlfriend that she wrote a message of "Merry f#$ken Christmas" haha.. kinda appropriate.

Its the perils of being single and having your entire family in another country.

*goodcents brings dvd's and porks down fudge till he's sick* That's about all I'm doing too, I'm tired and burned out. I'm closing the salon sun and mon.

ps, where is your family from?

haha - I'm so eating till I'm sick.

they are all in New Zealand or Canada. My Mom is moving to Brisbane in January though.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I will be alone this year and working from home (8am-8pm), so i will probably watch some movies.
    ***No source checks!!!***

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    this is what i have to look forward to after the holidays

- school and courses that are gonna be uber uber hard

- not enough money to pay for school... which is going to be a major problem ...

- not making enough money at my current job

- losing weight and muscle because i cant go to the gym this christmas vacation because i dont have enough money

the only way im keeping myself from sinking is by studying

THATS RIGHT IM STUDYING

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stunner5000pt
    this is what i have to look forward to after the holidays

- school and courses that are gonna be uber uber hard

- not enough money to pay for school... which is going to be a major problem ...

- not making enough money at my current job

- losing weight and muscle because i cant go to the gym this christmas vacation because i dont have enough money

the only way im keeping myself from sinking is by studying

THATS RIGHT IM STUDYING

i think u have money problems welcome to my world lol

NOREGRETS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big L 17
    I would welcome money problems.

Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    leave it to carlos to rain on my holiday blues with his happy ass life!!
    getting nice gifts & you're in love....bastard!

HUMBUG!

just kidding carlos...glad to see your going to have a happy holiday
    Come on man, you have to look for the silver lining. I'm sure there are plenty of things for you to be happy and thankful for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tru2
    I know the feeling. I don't have family in NYC and I've had holiday dinners at a diner by myself before. It does suck.

stunner5000pt is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big L 17
    can i get a ticket out of this world ??

no money sucks

How can one be depressed when on Christmas Eve (of which it is down here) you have wonderfully cheesy movies on like 'The Muppet Christmas show'.. ahhh ... bliss!!

i'm at this very moment, on the bottom. i'm currently drowning my sorrow with booze. congratulations to me.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    only stupid people get depressed.. well that and losers!

i'll take 2

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    [QUOTE=Carlos_E]Come on man, you have to look for the silver lining. I'm sure there are plenty of things for you to be happy and thankful for.

No, I do carlos, I have many things,this time of year its not just time to be thankful,but also reflect on our loved ones that are no longer with us & remember all the good times...I was just playin with ya...
    I will b with my cousins xmas eve, then I am volunteering at the homeless shelter on xmas day.. I have never volunteered before but I think Its time I helped people less fortunate than me...I hear its a very humbling & fulfilling experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information