Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: highway racing!

Foskamink is offline Banned

highway racing!

drove today a good 4 hours. had alot of maniacs that wanted to race at some serious speed.

was cruising at 90mph when this AUDI RS4 (twin turbo stock i think) came racing up to me. damn thats a sweet car.. we ended up going a constant 110 mph for about 30 mins. ducking and dashing through traffic. in medium rain. guy was insane. those rs4 damn got some power and they handle great in the corners with the weight.

then i was cruising after.. and i pass this crysler crossfire. with this guy arround 60 and a lady in the side. he had a aftermarket metal spoiler it looked so funny on that car so i laughed him off hard. then i go through the toll and shoot off. like 5 minutes im alone on the road on this big ass straight. id doing about 80-90 mph then suddenly. in the distance i see the crossfire hauling fricking ass doing atleast a 100. so i drop down a gear and put my petal to the metal. it caught me in no time at all.. then as it got without 20 yards of me i hit red line and put it in 5th, then i started to creep away. reaching 160 mph shortly after hitting 5th gear and this old man was right behind me. we were doing 160 for a few km down this straight with me pulling away. then we had to slow down to about 110 and damn man this guy was eager to keep up with me i had the power to loose him but was traffic soo funny seeing this old guy give it a shot in the real speed range.

so then im cruising again theres plenty of outside traffic but non in the inside lane cruising at 100. **** this BMW 5 series comes firing down this hill behind me it was like nightmare this guy was furious his car was so angry and mean sounding he would get real close within a foot then back off and do it again side to side real fast!! he wanted to get through so i sped up a bit but this guy chewded me to peices.. when i had room in the outside i tried to give him a go but just cant keep up past 140.!!

awesome day went to a bank in the next city, it was raining heavy and medium all day. love my winter tyres they are worn in and its great to get some racing in let alone in the wet. zurich and geneva no one race arround town. but damn on the highway we let it rip!

who else been doing some holiday season racing!?

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member

doing 160 mph and weaving through traffic on wet pavement ... do us all a favor and just crash and get it over with already

this thread proves your immaturity and irresponsibility

stuball is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33

doing 160 mph and weaving through traffic on wet pavement ... do us all a favor and just crash and get it over with already

Or its

-XL

jing jai

beuleux is offline Banned
    .....and then he fell out of bed and woke up.

Jay-Ace is offline Member
    A standard euro speedometer is designed and calibrated to over-read by 10%@ 100mph. A clock showing 160mph would indicate a true speed of just over 140mph.

This would be about right as a 5-speed scooby is notoriously poor for top-end. Even the new 6-speed UK spec only pushes 155mph!!

Also... Fosk... How come you're quoting speed in mph yet you quote your distance in km?? Your country is metric and so your speedo would count primarily in kph!!

Unoid is offline Member
    And what super speed car do you own?

Honda RSX lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Unoid
    And what super speed car do you own?

Honda RSX lol?

Impreza WRX

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Fosk stop driving like a tool, you gonna kill someone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    Fosk stop driving like a tool, you gonna kill someone like that.

Shhhh!!

Might be himself!!

j/k

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    so you were doing 260 km in your WRX...do they go that fast?

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    so you were doing 260 km in your WRX...do they go that fast?

Not normally in that state of tune or gearing.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33

Agree 100%

Street racing is incredibly stupid. Take it to a track, or don't do it at all.

I hope you grow up, before you hurt someone.

nofear is offline Junior Member

Get a life!

Unoid is offline Member
    Come race my little neon srt-4 or my Lightning, both will own your wrx :P and thats crazy driving for the highway

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beuleux
    .....and then he fell out of bed and woke up.

Come race my little neon srt-4 or my Lightning, both will own your wrx :P and thats crazy driving for the highway

Please

His WRX maybe!!

But don't bring a boat to a car race!!

not too responsible is it fosk.
    putting your life at risk is your choice, but when you risk the lives of others around you, its extremely selfish.
    which is why i totally hate drink drivers.
    take it too a track, you will learn how to use it properly.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    wow you can drive real fast on a straight road. good job buddy takes RAW talent.

take ur car to a track where its SAFE and let real drivers SCHOOL you. then come post a thread. if you passed me on the highway doing that i'd call the cops that shits retarded

nickm748 is offline Associate Member
    wow everyone here apparently HATES street racing....lol I guess I wont get started on my stories then

SpartanStrength is offline Associate Member
    Hey Foskamink,
    I used to do alot of parkway racing, and just all out speeding, cutting between cars and small gaps on the highway. This summer in my Audi, i was taking it easy by my standards (about 80 or so) in wet weather, when the front end tucked in switching lanes.. i flipped multiple times and landed upside down.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Funny how he has stayed outta this thread now.

I will say yes, racing is stupid and dangerous, but I wont be a hypocrit, I've done some in my GT, but only on dead highways in no traffic on dry pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Ace
    Please

His WRX maybe!!

But don't bring a boat to a car race!!
    Where is the boat, he has a wiked truck and a cool car?

Actually, the Lightnings can be VERY quick. There is one in my city, with only afew bolt-ons and bumping up the boost is running low 9 sec runs in the 1/4.

Not too familier with the SRT-4s, but apparently with the stage 4 kit from Mopar, they go like hell.

Love the Lightnings. I'd give my left nut for one.

Lightning > WRX Sweet truck you got there!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Dude hopefully you dont kill someone, That is so stupid you should be ashamed of yourself.

Well see him on police camera action being taken off to the morgue... I dont care what you say and Im sure all the boy racers will disagree but an 18 yo kid doesnt have the driving experience to drive a car in that way, just cos mummy buys you a fast car doesnt turn you into Schumaker overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by nickm748
    wow everyone here apparently HATES street racing....lol I guess I wont get started on my stories then
    160 mph is not 260 lm. i say mph cause most people dont know KM. 160 is about 240km. funny tho. it is open speed limit. and you should see cars pass me. by ducking through traffic its just passing through nothing dangerous at all. highways heres are sweet plenty of hills up and down corners left and right. can cruise well over 100 constantly without dangrous.

man sorry to hear about ur crash. makes me think. well i guess no one likes to race on highway, and dont even start immature bullshit i did nothing illegal or out of the normal.

Quote Originally Posted by beuleux
    Well see him on police camera action being taken off to the morgue... I dont care what you say and Im sure all the boy racers will disagree but an 18 yo kid doesnt have the driving experience to drive a car in that way, just cos mummy buys you a fast car doesnt turn you into Schumaker overnight.
    ive been driving over 2 and a half years. ive gone over 10,000 miles in my wrx. and prolly more in other cars. ur right im not schumaker yet but one day i might be!

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    we just had a street racing accident down here where i live.....the driver(19) of the hopped up mustang lost control and crossed the center line, hitting and killing 4 occupants of the oncoming car....there ages were between 24 and 20, both couples had kids. the driver of the mustang wasnt hurt bad and had no drugs or alcohol in his system. one of the females that were killed. worked with my daughter and had been here at our home several times, and had been a student of my wifes. really pisses me off........kids withs missiles

Quote Originally Posted by Foskamink
    ive been driving over 2 and a half years. ive gone over 10,000 miles in my wrx. and prolly more in other cars. ur right im not schumaker yet but one day i might be!

In 8yrs of driving I've covered nearly 250,000miles!!! I still consider myself to be learning and I've driven some of the fastest cars on the market and speeds only a few mph below 200!!

Oh, and 240kph is 149mph!!

KPH x 0.62 = MPH <---- Roughly
    Last edited by Jay-Ace; 01-03-2007 at 06:56 AM.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by captain5214
    we just had a street racing accident down here where i live.....the driver(19) of the hopped up mustang lost control and crossed the center line, hitting and killing 4 occupants of the oncoming car....there ages were between 24 and 20, both couples had kids. the driver of the mustang wasnt hurt bad and had no drugs or alcohol in his system. one of the females that were killed. worked with my daughter and had been here at our home several times, and had been a student of my wifes. really pisses me off........kids withs missiles
    are you an officer, captain? If so PM me, I have a question

Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    Where is the boat, he has a wiked truck and a cool car?

Actually, the Lightnings can be VERY quick. There is one in my city, with only afew bolt-ons and bumping up the boost is running low 9 sec runs in the 1/4.

Not too familier with the SRT-4s, but apparently with the stage 4 kit from Mopar, they go like hell.

Love the Lightnings. I'd give my left nut for one.
    your telling me
    I raced a lighting at the track, I think he only had intake/exhaust/smaller pulleys, he ran a 13 flat I think!!

I want a quad cab SRT-10!! Black, blacked out windows.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickm748
    I don't:-) I race on dry roads, it is impossile to drive 65mph on I5, no way:-) I have M5.

NightTrain is offline Senior Member
    i'll leave this one alone....... i spent my time in germany with no speedlimit on the autobahn

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I got no problem with people driving fast on non restricted roads, hell even quiet restricted roads i dont care. But racing other ppl on a public road is kinda daft.

...probably wouldnt have got the same response if the thread was started by anyone other than Fosk.

tinyguy2 is offline Member
    i just set a new land speed record. i rule

NightTrain is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I got no problem with people driving fast on non restricted roads, hell even quiet restricted roads i dont care. But racing other ppl on a public road is kinda daft.
    i agree beast, racing on the street is just not smart, but driving 120plus on autobahn is fun as hell
    Last edited by NightTrain; 01-03-2007 at 12:38 PM.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    It must be nice to not have enforcements on speed but also it can be dangerous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information