Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Foskamink is offline Banned

0-60mph what can u do.

havnt had any actual car threads about specifics yet. so ill start one

my car is 06 wrx impreza low moded 0-60mph in 5 seconds

qutor mile i havnt had timed but im guessing 12ish

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    My two shoe caddi can out do that..SHITE..
    12ish??That is floating..Is it stock?

not stock. im not sure on qutor mile got no real clue. but 10 seconds is good. and i dont tink a low moded wrx will hit close

10 is great, not good..12's is good..Imo..

Snrf is offline Banned
    yeah 10 is sick

a 2006 wrx sti does 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds and q/m in 13 seconds. so i think im lookinh at 13.5-14 which is still better then most cars. but not really in the top spec. just checking out what everyone has. im going to upgrade my car in 2007. get it a good 50 hp or so.

I've had a couple of 12-13 cars..Mustangs and Camaros..
    I like my Cadillac though and it keeps me from getting in trouble..

unvme9180 is offline Associate Member
    0-60 in 4.5 secs....no way I believe that. its turbo and awd but 4.5 is real quick. thats getting exotic type speed basically but anywho...it may. as far as 1/4 mile goes 12s is what the new vettes and 400+ mustang cobras run. i really doubt that a wrx has enough top end to get there. it probably is quick off the line but doesnt have the top end to get a very high trap speed. i would seriously guess 1/4 time would be around high 13s low 14s and thats probably with a motortrend or car and driver guy driving it.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    My Maxima has fantastic acceleration and it breaks with the best of them. It also offers a very comfortable ride at a very affordable price.

chest6 is offline Banned
    lil less than 7..but its a truck

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    lil less than 7..but its a truck
    dato 1200?

chest6 is offline Banned
    06 ram hemi

shit hey they must fly!

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    My Maxima has fantastic acceleration and it breaks with the best of them. It also offers a very comfortable ride at a very affordable price.
    maximas are really nice cars. cumfortable and nice engine.

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    U sound like there spokesperson

ecivon is offline Member
    No way. The new turbo wrx can do 0-60 in 6.8 seconds. With some mods you might get it down to the low 6's, high 5's. Certainly not even close to under 13 secs in the 1/4. Nice try.

Less then 3 secs...... 2005 Honda Fireblade, beat that!
    -XL

jing jai

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ecivon
    No way. The new turbo wrx can do 0-60 in 6.8 seconds. With some mods you might get it down to the low 6's, high 5's. Certainly not even close to under 13 secs in the 1/4. Nice try.

on a side note ive beaten many cars racing with my truck

I even beat a V6 Mustaang with my old 4.7L dodge ram..and that truck was slow

V6 mustangs=slowest pieces of shit ever

Quote Originally Posted by chest6

on a side note ive beaten many cars racing with my truck

I even beat a V6 Mustaang with my old 4.7L dodge ram..and that truck was slow

V6 mustangs=slowest pieces of shit ever
    What are you talking about it's a mustang

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    You joking right. have you ever been in an STI?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Couldn't tell you 0-60. There is no easy way to check that. My mustang 60ft was 1.4 and the left tire was still in the air.

fos you are really reaching with your times. Your lucky if your car is mid 13's. You have exhaust and something else small correct?

13 IS reasonable new trubo wrx 6.8 where u live. america probly 6.8 must be on octan 91 fuel. in uk/europe/australia we use 98 and 100. really big difference if u try standard fuel octan 95 and compare it to octan 98 let alone 100

Quote Originally Posted by Foskamink
    13 IS reasonable new trubo wrx 6.8 where u live. america probly 6.8 must be on octan 91 fuel. in uk/europe/australia we use 98 and 100. really big difference if u try standard fuel octan 95 and compare it to octan 98 let alone 100
    Bumping up octane fuel on the same car doesn't make that much of a difference. Your reading to many octane booster ads.

I would run 94 in my car on the street and 100+ at the track. It made it run a little better but its not making big time differences. And i run 100 octane in my bike all the time

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    havnt had any actual car threads about specifics yet. so ill start one

my car is 06 wrx impreza low moded 0-60mph in 5 seconds

qutor mile i havnt had timed but im guessing 12ish
    Your WRX does not run 12's in the 1/4 unless you have it heavly modded with alot of boost. Stock WRX's run a measly 14.4-14.1 before the ricers put a boost controller and turn it up untill the engine blows.

My GT ran probaly put down 0-60 in under 6 seconds if i get traction, and 1/4 mile high 13's with solid shifts

ecivon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY
    You joking right. have you ever been in an STI?
    No I haven't. I'm just not impressed with their straight line performance. Road courses they do well, but not from point A to B in a straight line. They are high revving with low torque and not the best for 0-60 times, nor 1/4 miles.

The time I quoted was taken directly directly from Subaru and performance testing. They weren't built to be 'muscle' cars.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    0-170mph in 8.7 sec.

ecivon is offline Member
    Sorry Bro -- Higher octane will make a difference, but not to get your times from 6.8 to 4.5 for certain.

Seems that WRX guys always want to compare their cars times to high hp and torque cars and it just doesn't make sense. That's not what they were intended for. They are strictly road race cars.

LukeNY is offline New Member
    Never been to the track, but motorcyclistonline.com has my ZX9R at 10.16 @ 138.3 for the 1/4 mile (0-60? fast enough).

My truck (02 Dodge Ram)? Who cares, its got 4 wheel drive and only gets miles put on it when the white stuff flies.

Higher octane gas just burns quicker... it will make no difference if your car was built to run on pump gas (which unless you specifically built your motor with a high compression to run on a higher octane, it was made to run on pump gas)

AND

Thats for a 04 STi, I dunno about the newer models, but if it runs 13.2s stock, under 13 doesnt seem impossible

STi
    Price $30,995
    Horsepower 300@6000rpm
    Torque 330@4000rpm
    Engine 2.5L turbo
    Drive all wheel drive, 3 differentials
    Turning radius 35.4ft
    1/4 mile 13.29sec @ 10.5mph
    Top Speed 145 mph

they are a rally car. courses they are outrageously good. they stick the to road like glue stock. add a 24mm sway bar and lower it a few inchs and its not going to have any body roll till u start to hit the corners at over 60mph. higher octan really does matter. wrx use 98 stock. 95 is for common cars. and 100 is just a higher grade 98. never seen adds or commercials. its just that here 100 octan is the normal proformance fuel. because we dont consume as much as america. i would bet my life the wrx would loose that 1-2 seconds from using octan 94 instaed of 100. so 100 isnt expensive here its normal for proformance

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNY
    Never been to the track, but motorcyclistonline.com has my ZX9R at 10.16 @ 138.3 for the 1/4 mile (0-60? fast enough).

My truck (02 Dodge Ram)? Who cares, its got 4 wheel drive and only gets miles put on it when the white stuff flies.

Higher octane gas just burns quicker... it will make no difference if your car was built to run on pump gas (which unless you specifically built your motor with a high compression to run on a higher octane, it was made to run on pump gas)
    STI is stock arround 4.5.5 seconds. he is talking about the wrx which is stock 5.9 where im from and appears to be 6.8 in america. and yes i would beleive there is .9 of a second lost from fuel. 95 utterly sucks, i had to use it once and the delay on the acceleration and power was a huge difference. and id be willing to be 100 compared to 94 is worth then 98 compared to 95

they are a rally car. courses they are outrageously good. they stick the to road like glue stock. add a 24mm sway bar and lower it a few inchs and its not going to have any body roll till u start to hit the corners at over 60mph. higher octan really does matter. wrx use 98 stock. 95 is for common cars. and 100 is just a higher grade 98. never seen adds or commercials. its just that here 100 octan is the normal proformance fuel. because we dont consume as much as america. i would bet my life the wrx would loose that 1-2 seconds from using octan 94 instaed of 100. so 100 isnt expensive here its normal for proformance
    You are a moron. I'm sorry. You could ad a bigger turbo to your car and not gain 2 secs. You have no clue what you are talking about.

2 seconds is alot Fosk..U are wrong there...For sure..

have used 95 and 98 and 100 fuel regularly. 1 second difference from 100 and 94. is acurate. my car is 5.9 stock and if he claims its 6.8 in usa. then i will bet my car that that 0.9 is the different in ur 91-94 fuel then my 98-100. if u have not used fuel this high with good expiriments u have no bounds to comment.

right now my car is 5.0 with its upgrades. if i used 95 it would be slower then it was stock with 98. let alone 100. i know what im talking about because i have the fuel to use. if u dont use 100 regularly then u really have no clue the difference in american fuel

2 seconds with my upgrade and fuel. 1 second with the fuel.
    and no im not wrong its really 1.8 seconds. and stock wrx in usa 6.8 and 5.9 here. they are same edition from subaru

have used 95 and 98 and 100 fuel regularly. 1 second difference from 100 and 94. is acurate. my car is 5.9 stock and if he claims its 6.8 in usa. then i will bet my car that that 0.9 is the different in ur 91-94 fuel then my 98-100. if u have not used fuel this high with good expiriments u have no bounds to comment.

right now my car is 5.0 with its upgrades. if i used 95 it would be slower then it was stock with 98. let alone 100. i know what im talking about because i have the fuel to use. if u dont use 100 regularly then u really have no clue the difference in american fuel
    Yes i used to build race cars and motors when i was younger. I worked at a shop during college. I used to bring my mustang to places all of the US for races.Fuel will not change your times that much. Also how do you know you at 5 0-60. What are you basing your times on. Adding another 100hp wouldn't take 2 secs of your car. You have know idea what you are talking about.

I'm sure your car seems fun to drive and fast. But a wrx is this magical machine. You claim you can beat vettes that have 200 more hp then you. You can out handle 911's and apparently by pulling up to a better gas pump you can gain more acceleration the someone adding nitrous

LukeNY is offline New Member
    2 seconds with my upgrade and fuel. 1 second with the fuel.
    and no im not wrong its really 1.8 seconds. and stock wrx in usa 6.8 and 5.9 here. they are same edition from subaru
    You're saying you can shave a entire second off your 0-60 time by running a higher octane of pump gas?

american cars are also built lower quality to suit the fuel. certain parts. because of the requirements on the country. USA cars admit less polution because of the fuel. because of the population that drives car everyday. im not having my times 100% spot on. but if USA says wrx 0-60 in 6.8 thats all i can come up with. lower octan and fuel injectors. for the fuel. put ur pedal to the floor. using the lowest octan in a proformance car then empty it and put the highest u can get. u will feel the power without a doubt greatly lacking lower octan. thats why you can always go up in octan. but u cant put lower octan. example most sports car use the proformance fuel at servos.

american cars are also built lower quality to suit the fuel. certain parts. because of the requirements on the country. USA cars admit less polution because of the fuel. because of the population that drives car everyday. im not having my times 100% spot on. but if USA says wrx 0-60 in 6.8 thats all i can come up with. lower octan and fuel injectors. for the fuel. put ur pedal to the floor. using the lowest octan in a proformance car then empty it and put the highest u can get. u will feel the power without a doubt greatly lacking lower octan. thats why you can always go up in octan. but u cant put lower octan. example most sports car use the proformance fuel at servos.
    yes some times American models are slower compared to the European models. Its not because of the fuel octane. Sometimes they use different cams. That effect emissions alot. A turbo car the boost could be lower. Hell BMW used to use complete different motors. Its alot of things. You don't have a USA model so you cant use that time and then do your subtracting from there. If your times are 100% where are you coming up with that your care can go 5.0. Your guessing so it could be 6.0 you really have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNY
    You're saying you can shave a entire second off your 0-60 time by running a higher octane of pump gas?
    im not sure 100% on the subaru in usa. but im going to asume they have smaller injectors. let alone the octan to match the fuel injection. its all relevant. serious do tests. use the abosolute lowest for 1 tank then the absolute highest. but ur car has to be decent. u cant just test it on a 140 hp sedan. should have atleast 200. altho the HP is not really relevant in cars either. the wrx stock has 230 hp europe. 224 hp usa. sti in europe is not much hp higher then the usa model.
    STI runs 0-60 stock 5.4 i saw 4.5 off a qutor mile website. relating stock cars. but that wouldnt have been stock. but serious. try using 2 diff octans

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    STIs run sub five seconds over here easy. Some models beat it easy and they are stock. for example

2004 subaru imprezza WR1 edition
    0-60 4.2secs
    1/4 mile 12.8

2005 STI stock

Engine:Flat-4-cyl, 2457cc, 16v, turboMax power:277bhp @ 6000rpmMax torque:289lb ft @ 4000rpm0 - 60mph:5.0sec Top Speed:158mph Price:£26,9
    For once I agree with Foska

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information