Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Male prostitute, catering to midgets?
    you got it!

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Male prostitute, catering to midgets?
    LMAO.....................

cold1 is offline Junior Member
    hey bro try to get into construction, and by construction I mean management. I'm a construction manager in california and the money is very good. depending on the type of construction (ie. commercial, public,residential) your income can be heavily based on how good you are. if you know your one of the best at what you do companies will throw all kinds of money at you, just as long as you continue to make a buck for them.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    same here but I am somphore.
    oh very cool! I can't wait to start working and be done with school!

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    I'm a systems engineer for AT&T and a youth minister. I have the following certifications: A+, N+, MSCE, CCNA, CCNP, CCVP, CCSP, CCIE (routing and switching). Lots of study time involved in what I do. The money is very good and my career is very stable. I can honestly say that I don't love what I do. But, on the other hand, it pays the bills and enables me to do what I enjoy doing. I don't take my paycheck for granted.

I put the wet stuff on the burning stuff....

Best job in the world!

Red

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    University professor in Japan.
    B.S. pre-med/biology (4 years)
    M.A. linguistics (2 years)
    Ph.D. applied linguistics (6 years)
    To all the magazine articles claiming that professor is the most respected profession (medical doctor is #2), I say show me the money!! Too much academic work required for a profession that is underpaid.

As I'm an American living/working in Japan, the university is not really interested in my non-Japanese opinions on education. Therefore, I don't have to attend all the faculty meetings that I would normally have to if I were at an American university. I work 6 months out of the year, but get paid for 12. My salary is 6 million yen per year with a 1 million yen bonus, plus a 1 million yen research fund. During the Spring and Autumn semesters, I teach 10 koma (a koma is one 90 minute class) per week. My job is not physically demanding and as long as I just agree with my department head then my job remains stable. The money is okay, but the time off is outstanding and allows me to spend time with my wife/kids, lift weights, visit family, etc.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Chief Field Engineer,
    I'm currently in charge of the field engineering on 3 large construction sites in the Atlanta area, one waste water treatment plant, and 2 large roadway jobs.

fenceguy is offline Associate Member
    I work for a fencing company. I design/sell access control systems. ie automatic gate openers, doors, security, retinal scans, thumbprint readers etc. Started out as a fence installed and worked my way up. Great job out of school I have travelled all over the us and canada every city i went to I could get a job. it s hard physical work but you can make good money doing it. especially if you subcontract yourself out.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    retired......................from fire service....25 years.......retired from military...21 years 3months......4 years active duty usmc and 17 years as a reservists....... now gym rat

Rye_guy is offline Member
    well, Im a sea site technition, so my title says. basically all I do is Im a machine and boat operator out on the coast here, servicing assorted sites for fish camps, logging camps and stuff like that. its great, I had to become certified to operate certain vessles and crains, running the tug boat with the bardge, and a few other boats. Its totally manual labour, pay is great though and workin outside on the water is great for me.

I started just as a deck hand and worked into a supervisors position, baiscally all I do now is run the boat and the machines and boss people around. lol

the best part it, sinice im away for a week at a time, the site i call home when im in camp, has the whole 9 yards, full gym, satalite tv, internet, pool table and lots more. we even set up this sweet lil painball course on shore where some squaters buildings are still standing from many many years ago.

not to mention all the fishing, crabing and prawning i get to do

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Residential and commercial real estate.

Dangerdan is offline Senior Member
    Attorney.

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    I think engineering is a good "base" job. Always in demand and good pay. I started out of college with a 2.6 GPA and was making $52k. 2 years later I was at $63k and now about 4 years out i'm making $82k. I also looked into Law school and being a Patent attorney because you need a technicle degree so it's also good that way.

It's not the highest paying job but it's a good trade off between work and pay. I have never worked over 40 hours a week, have never had to work on the weekends or any Holidays, I don't deal with clients and most places are pretty layed back. I've never had to wear a suit or a tie to work. I usually wear a t-shirt and jeans.

It's all up to you what you are after.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by aadrenaline
    So i think its time for me to get serious about finding a job/career that'll ill enjoy and be good at and of course make good money and be financially secure and live a comfortable life.

i want to get ideas of whats out there from people that work in different fields and what their careers pay as far as location, education you may have, years in the field, ect.

my friend is trying to get me involved with his mortgage firm, and honestly it sounds nice..money, not many hours.

is anybody in the field loan officers, mortgage brokers. im thinking about running to the book store and picking up a book or 2 and give it a shot if i like it i think i may go to school for once and try and make the best of this.

thanx in advance for anyone that answers with opinions and details.
    did the mortgage business in the mid 80's..

just started a firm this year.. love the work, love to help people... love to take 4-6 vacations per year..

yes yes yes..

good luck
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious_mem
    i drive a choo choo train.
    Do you like it? I am going through the process of being hired on right now. Everyone I talked to who works for the railroad said they enjoy their job, but you know some RRs are better than others.

y100adics is offline Associate Member
    I own a pizza shop .... it's crazy glamorous hahaha

blackshirts is offline New Member
    locomotive engineer

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Studying full time right now. Physics.

I have had a awfull time choosing betwen nuclearphysics and astrophysics so now I have more or less decided on nuclear astrophysics. The perfect merger

If everything go as planned I will get my masters next summer, start my phd the fall after that and be active in research from then on and until I retire.

I will never make good money, decent offcourse. But I know its something I can do with a passion for the rest of my life.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by johan

I have had a awfull time choosing betwen nuclearphysics and astrophysics so now I have more or less decided on nuclear astrophysics. The perfect merger

If everything go as planned I will get my masters next summer, start my phd the fall after that and be active in research from then on and until I retire.

I will never make good money, decent offcourse. But I know its something I can do with a passion for the rest of my life.

I'll translate this for ya'll.............

He is and is going to be a NERD....

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?

Very interesting stuff.

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    Umm, I wouldn't say that. Did you know that Wall Street is the biggest private employer of Physics PHDs? If you want to make some serious cash, look into Quantitative finance. you can easily clear 300-500k a year after a couple years.

http://jobs.efinancialcareers.com/jo...wordAny=quant/

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I'll translate this for ya'll.............

He is and is going to be a NERD....

Damn straight

Quote Originally Posted by MotoXracer
    Umm, I wouldn't say that. Did you know that Wall Street is the biggest private employer of Physics PHDs? If you want to make some serious cash, look into Quantitative finance. you can easily clear 300-500k a year after a couple years.

http://jobs.efinancialcareers.com/jo...wordAny=quant/
    Yupp I know. I have even taken some classes like stochastic calculus(forgotten all of it already though lol) that would come in handy in finance. The thing is Im the kind of guy that has to enjoy what I work with.
    I can not possibly imagine myself spending 8-10 hours a day 5-6 days a week on something I dont enjoy. No matter the pay. Finance just doesnt do it for me. Allthough I can se how others can find it interesting.

Pure research in physics is the only thing I realy want to do and I have wanted that since I was 12 more or less. I would turn down a job in finance even if it pays 10 times as much to be honest. When it comes down to it money isnt all that important to me. Il be more than satisified getting around 3.5-5k month and do research.

Jojoe is offline Associate Member
    I'm a Fire Fighter Paramedic. Work for the best Dept in the world, Chicago of course. Get paid fairly well bout 80,000 a year. Best part with my 3-17 day vacation days, and daley days I end up working bout 87 days out of the year.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoe
    I'm a Fire Fighter Paramedic. Work for the best Dept in the world, Chicago of course. Get paid fairly well bout 80,000 a year. Best part with my 3-17 day vacation days, and daley days I end up working bout 87 days out of the year.
    hats off to CFD

D9S0M is offline Associate Member
    Ironworker

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoe
    damn thats nice.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Here is my deal. Well I graduated and got my degree in Finance with a concentration on Investments. I now work as a Realtor and commercial broker. I waking up at any time, going to work when i want and being my own boss. You have to remember too that if you don't work, you dont get paid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information