Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

is my hard drive fu*kd ?

i think my hard drive fu*ked. My comp keeps crashing and gets that blue screen that says its dumping your physical memory. I tried chkdsk, and defrag etc but think the hard drive may be corupt as it is 4 yr old and was bought from one of trhem pc fairs.

im gona reinstal windows n try that but more input would be good.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    that's a good start...

and you can purchase a new hard drive for nothin...

good luck..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

it keeps crashing so it looks like a hardrive problem. Il have to see if i can loan a one from my work (preferably one with more space)

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    listen for a clicking sound on the hd...sure sign of abad harddrive. Either way...250 gig hd is what 80 bucs?

by a new one and stop using this so you can get ur data off of it ... keep using it and it might get to the point you can't use it.

TimeIsRunningOut is offline New Member
    Blue screen of death could be for a number of reasons. hardware issues are a common problem, usb devices in particular.

mcpeepants is offline Senior Member
    that happens to me a couple times a week and says that one of my drivers is not properly installed and starts dumping physical memory.. I've reinstalled windows but the problem continued. I bought an external hardware to store all my stuff and I'll probably just buy another computer in a couple of months.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    could be an overheating issue or bad memory. just go with a new hd and copy your data over before its too late.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    blue screen will tell you what the problem is
    just have to read and then research a lil

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    How long is it on before it starts to crash?

Anyway if you got access to another comp download Hitachis Drive Fitness Test DFT and burn it to a disk.

It will let you know if you have a bad HD or not.

Could also be your memory download MemTest this will check your memory to see if it is bad. If you have more than 1 stick and it goes bad pull one out and test it again until you find the bad one so you know which one to replace.

Both software are free if your hardware checks out then its most likely your power supply is going out a new one is around 50 bucks and you can install it and test it out for a while should take care of the problem. If not return it.

Next case is gonna be bad usb ports or ultimatley bad mobo in which case your ****ed...

TimeIsRunningOut is offline New Member
    a good start is to type chkdsk in the run box , in the start menu that will check the integrity of the drive, not fool proof but its a start.

imo i do not believe the hard drive is the likely culprit. as mentioned by someone else drivers can be a problem so reinstallation of hardware drivers. i.e modem , video card , sound card may solve the issue. windows update might find some updated drivers for you or you can search the net for some , you can look in system devices which is in the control panel under system then click the hardware tab , to get the names and descriptions of the various hardware you have usually.

reinstalling windows possibly would solve the driver issues , you may have to manually load drivers afterward though , but once again windows update may well find them.

failing that consider isolating the various hardware components graphics card, modem/router (im not sure if a router can crash the sytem though) sound card. if you can borrow these or take from a good machine that is the way to go.

i just "borowed" some RAM from my work place n now it seems to be working fine. Loks like my RAM was fukd

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    well good, glad it worked out
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information