Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Foskamink is offline Banned

how bad is drinking?

i wonder how bad it is drinking every friday and saturday, drinking pretty heavy. i dont drink enough to ever get sick, but im pretty trashed. i always feel really thin and ripped when i go clubbing from all the dancing which feels great, since im slack on the cardio. but how bad would you say the drinking is? pretty much have to put in a few hundred dollars each week for the table, so i always drink because im paying my fair share and not drinking would be a waste.

thanks myles

pwerfll1 is offline Banned
    watcha drinkin

Hellbound is offline New Member
    drinking alcohol is good for ya....the hell with milk, milk is for babys. lol nah just kidding around even when I was on my cycle about once every week I'd go out and not necessarily get trashed but put down a few and maybe smoke a little bud....never seemed to effect me in 1 bit. Just all in moderation if you can get it down to once every other week I'd say you would be safe.

mainly drink vodka, and then somtimes drink whiskey, i do not smoke ciggerrettes during the week, but since i been clubbin hard, i been smoking 2-3 packs a night but obviously i prolly give half of those away and i smoke a cigar usually a nice. drink redbull and water constantly, i am always drunk and having a wild time, dont get sick, dont really get a hang over or a bad one, but i know its not good for me no matter how i feel. but right now im doing it twice a week and dont think i can cut it down at all, with my friends

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    you obviously arent serious about your fitness & bodybuilding goals if you drink like that...I honestly wonder why you are even a member of a bodybuilding board.

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    Quote Originally Posted by Foskamink
    i wonder how bad it is drinking every friday and saturday, drinking pretty heavy. i dont drink enough to ever get sick, but im pretty trashed. i always feel really thin and ripped when i go clubbing from all the dancing which feels great, since im slack on the cardio. but how bad would you say the drinking is? pretty much have to put in a few hundred dollars each week for the table, so i always drink because im paying my fair share and not drinking would be a waste.

thanks myles
    Drinking can be very bad, especially if you do it only to accomplish a false reality. If you're not that dedicated, then drink away. If you're wanting to be more dedicated, then begin cutting back.

Michael Jordan said it best: "If I prepare half heartedly, then I should expect half hearted results."

David

i dont see the big problem.not sure why people are being so negative.
    of course if your thinking about competeing or are a pro athelete then really you shouldnt be drinking at all.
    but honestly most people just workout to feel/look good and go out on the weekends to live it up and enjoy themselves.(which is also what i do)
    as long as theres no negative effects(reliance,liver issues etc)
    i say do what makes you happy,cus i sure as hell do

oh but i would quit smoking,that has way too many negs for me to even think about it
    Last edited by ronan the barbarian; 02-12-2007 at 10:14 AM. Reason: add text

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    I feel like shit in the gym after I been drinkin, if you can do it more power to ya

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    you obviously arent serious about your fitness & bodybuilding goals if you drink like that...I honestly wonder why you are even a member of a bodybuilding board.
    agreed.

i apreciate all feedback and point of views, yeh i definetly gotta cut out the smoking for starters, its only been a really recent think, usually fully against it but turn the wrong way in the club, but i like your style rohan, feel and look good in my own eyes and have fun is most important to me, im asuming alot of the members here who say that im not dedicated enough i think they are older and didnt do BB at early age, so it dosnt bother me with your remarks, but props if your young and dedicated or been doing it since you were.

chest6 is offline Banned
    i know plenty of ppl that try to balance drinking and liftin...they never look that great..

BigTurk is offline Junior Member

Talking

just take liq G instead of drinkin...lol

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    i know plenty of ppl that try to balance drinking and liftin...they never look that great..
    Well i do but maybe i don;t look good to you.

Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    Not everyone on a bodybuilding forum wants or have the same goals. To each their own but i wouldn't want to look like a pro.
    Last edited by gixxerboy1; 02-12-2007 at 10:53 AM.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    its not a good thing but i do the same basically...but were young, enjoy it while you can..i will drink atleast once on the weekend...so thats once a week...and usually 4 cigarrets on the weekend...the only problem i have with drinkin is when i get drunk i get really tempered and stubborn usually resultin with a argument with my gf...

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    n00b don't drink. I'm a college student and I dont even drink more than 4-5 times a year

beuleux is offline Banned
    Well whatever amount you drink your goals would be more achievable without it, having said that younger people do have a certain resiliance to that kind of abuse at 18 I was drunk more than I was sober lol so party on down Minkster. You can recover from binge type of abuse until your mid 20's but its downhill after that your liver is less forgiving. For me that lifestyle is where it belongs... in the past, but it was fun once lol

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Fosk, why would you post such a newbie question? You have 3k + posts and should know how to use the search button. If I was new to the board, id wonder about its credibility of its senior members.

Anyway, Id suggest drinking at least a case of beer before any workout.

NightTrain is offline Senior Member
    YO, Minkster...... stop smoking that shit will kill you..... as far as the drinking goes i did it when i was younger, just watch yourself, dont become an alcoholic.... and if you drink heavily on the weekends you just have to work out alot harder during the week in order to meet your goals...

Shane35aa is offline Senior Member
    Man Fosk, you come up with some "different" threads. Come on dud you know it aint good for ya. Also you know your gonna do whatever, no matter what people tell you on here. If your gonna be careful dude, and don't over do it. I can tell you from experience I got into alot of shit drinking when was younger, did stupid stuff never would have sober. Alswo had a helluva alot of fun too. You just got to keep everything in balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small
    Fosk, why would you post such a newbie question? You have 3k + posts and should know how to use the search button. If I was new to the board, id wonder about its credibility of its senior members.

Anyway, Id suggest drinking at least a case of beer before any workout.
    you know what, i only been starting to hit the clubs hard since december or so, and saturday i just stop and realise what this could / would be doing to me, and i dont care to search, because everyone in there own, i dont want to read somone elses thread about how they treat there body because its different to me, for example. last year i got drunk literally only 5 times, spread throughout the year and didnt smoke one cigerette, because i was younger and i wasnt really into clubbing, years because that it was drinking every weekend in highschool (not much but) so i just query on my new found interest, like i never would want to dance or go to a club because i didnt feel old enough to fit in or dance, but now i love it. but i stop to think, because alot of guys you see in the club look like shit (body wise) but i think its mostly cause they are rich as **** and eat and drink like pigs, but the ladies are all dam foxy!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Not everyone on a bodybuilding forum wants or have the same goals. To each their own but i wouldn't want to look like a pro.
    couldnt agree more, i actually enjoy being arround 14or so % body fat and a solid 170 pounds 15inch biceps! 5'7 or 9. i think im in great shape and better then majority of people out and about, and its how i like it. too many people think you gotta be jacked at 10% or your not doing anything

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Well i do but maybe i don;t look good to you.

True. However, I thought if your so active on a bb forum that you might be inclined to try and be one. To each his own, though.

you know what, i only been starting to hit the clubs hard since december or so, and saturday i just stop and realise what this could / would be doing to me, and i dont care to search, because everyone in there own, i dont want to read somone elses thread about how they treat there body because its different to me, for example. last year i got drunk literally only 5 times, spread throughout the year and didnt smoke one cigerette, because i was younger and i wasnt really into clubbing, years because that it was drinking every weekend in highschool (not much but) so i just query on my new found interest, like i never would want to dance or go to a club because i didnt feel old enough to fit in or dance, but now i love it. but i stop to think, because alot of guys you see in the club look like shit (body wise) but i think its mostly cause they are rich as **** and eat and drink like pigs, but the ladies are all dam foxy!
    I just find this to be somewhat ironic because you PM'd me a few months ago asking me how you could become a Christian. And sense then, you've turned to the party lifestyle.

Actions speak louder than words my friend. Sounds like you're riding the fence right now. And unfortunately, you may have to fall off that fence before you can begin to repent.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    I just find this to be somewhat ironic because you PM'd me a few months ago asking me how you could become a Christian. And sense then, you've turned to the party lifestyle.

Actions speak louder than words my friend. Sounds like you're riding the fence right now. And unfortunately, you may have to fall off that fence before you can begin to repent.

Good luck!
    i dont see how being in christian says i have to not drink or party(even tho they are against it ) how many people are 100% towards there religion and follow it without any mistake? and i dont quite get that metaphor

i dont see how being in christian says i have to not drink or party(even tho they are against it ) how many people are 100% towards there religion and follow it without any mistake? and i dont quite get that metaphor
    I'm not trying to put forth a religious point here, Fosk. I'm just going by the PM that you sent to me a while back ago.

You often hear the phrase "riding the fence" when one stuggles between being good and bad. That's like saying that you're a saint on weekdays, but a hellraiser on weekends. Riding the fence can be unhealthy, especially when you start dealing with things that can often result in addiction.

I'm not pointing this out to make you feel bad. I'm only doing so in an attempt to make you think. I think we all want to see good things come from you, and I just don't want you to get all wrapped up into something that's not very rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    I'm not trying to put forth a religious point here, Fosk. I'm just going by the PM that you sent to me a while back ago.

You often hear the phrase "riding the fence" when one stuggles between being good and bad. That's like saying that you're a saint on weekdays, but a hellraiser on weekends. Riding the fence can be unhealthy, especially when you start dealing with things that can often result in addiction.

I'm not pointing this out to make you feel bad. I'm only doing so in an attempt to make you think. I think we all want to see good things come from you, and I just don't want you to get all wrapped up into something that's not very rewarding.

yeh i totally understand the point, saint on weekdays (not a saint, but trying to do good and be good) and letting loose on weekend and not careing, so yeh thats exactly what i am doing more or less.

and yeh i know you dont mean bad and you said

"I'm only doing so in an attempt to make you think"

and thats exactly what this thread is, stopping and thinking.

cheers for the advise and wisdom

numbat is offline Member
    I dont see a prob fosk in moderation.. The only reason i quit is bc i hate chokin down protein shakes all day to see em get obliterated (or atleast less effective)by alcohole..Plus if i do go a little overboard and get sick it screws my diet up..

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    Kinda like being a faithful christian but taking illegal substances such as anabolic steroids ? Fosk, drinking is bad for you no matter what, there is really no benifit for it besides the lifestyle it provides. So use an economic look at it, does the cost outway the benifit? Will drinking that 2 nights keep you from your 6 pack abs? Probably, but if your ok with that then your cost doesnt outway your benifit. If your a body builder and trying to compete then not having that 6 pack will kill your chances at winning so your cost will be more than the benifit. Truthfully alot of guys do steroids to look better in the clubs and to get more chicks, not to compete or help with athletics. And it works for them. Not to mention you havent even cycled yet so just have fun and focus on your lifting and that intesity and diet, so once you decide you want more out of bodybuilding that you'll have the workout and diet in check then all you need to do is drop the booz. Just the way I look at everything. Does the Cost outway the Benefit???

Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    Kinda like being a faithful christian but taking illegal substances such as anabolic steroids ? Fosk, drinking is bad for you no matter what, there is really no benifit for it besides the lifestyle it provides. So use an economic look at it, does the cost outway the benifit? Will drinking that 2 nights keep you from your 6 pack abs? Probably, but if your ok with that then your cost doesnt outway your benifit. If your a body builder and trying to compete then not having that 6 pack will kill your chances at winning so your cost will be more than the benifit. Truthfully alot of guys do steroids to look better in the clubs and to get more chicks, not to compete or help with athletics. And it works for them. Not to mention you havent even cycled yet so just have fun and focus on your lifting and that intesity and diet, so once you decide you want more out of bodybuilding that you'll have the workout and diet in check then all you need to do is drop the booz. Just the way I look at everything. Does the Cost outway the Benefit???
    yeh thats exactly why i workout, but its not for what the chicks think of me, its how cumfortable i am and what i think of myself. truthfully i dont have a 6pack and i never really wanted one, but i find going to clubs and dancing like 4 hours straight helps my abs show even tho im drinking alot of booz, and before i started to club i never could see my abs at all, so its kind of good exercise i think clubbin, even with the amount of alcohol i consume. so im still confused of if it actually is that bad for me as far as body fat is. whats teh difference in fat beer has alot more then vodka?

i havent had a drink in 13 days or ciggarrette either.

fosk do you dance like elaine from seinfeld?

Fosk wants to become a devout christian huh!

All things to all men LOL

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    how could they? drinking is like the worst thing you can do to your body.......

Not picking on you Mavs and good to see you back but whatever Fosk said to you in a PM is between the two of you and not us lot otherwise he wouldve posted it in the lounge.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    how could they? drinking is like the worst thing you can do to your body.......
    hmm..i know one. Crazy genetics. Before he started drinking he did look a ton better tho

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    well then it still holds.....

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Foskamink with 3000 posts you think you'd learn how to use the damn search button...

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Foska you need to make your mind up. First you where going to be Mr.Olympia in 2017, then you where joining boxing then wanted to start racing and then become a christian. To me you seem like a spoiled brat who lacks any sense of who he is, just my two cents anyway.

Nah, he's a good kid. Just a little lost at times. He'll have plenty of time to do some soul searching the next few years and he'll then finally figure out what matters most.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter
    Foska you need to make your mind up. First you where going to be Mr.Olympia in 2017, then you where joining boxing then wanted to start racing and then become a christian. To me you seem like a spoiled brat who lacks any sense of who he is, just my two cents anyway.
    i do do boxing, and mr olympia 017 is still not impossible. and my motobike is 100% paid and i get after i go vacation this weekend, i got all my leathers, so i will race, i never said i wanted to become christian, i was just talking to mal about it and exactly what its like and the choice, so get lost and worry about yourself, trying to bring me down and call me a liar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information