Anyone here a Realtor?

I am, just curious how many fellow AR people are the same. Looking to get some advice on how the hell you maintain diet / work out routiens with the crazy life Real Estate brings.

None?

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    Realtor Here and have been for 17 years. What life are you referring to ? lol

It is pretty difficult. Where are you a realtor and how long.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Realtor here. Take your food with you and don't eat the doughnuts on Tuesday morning office meetings.

Last edited by Vibrantred94gt; 07-26-2011 at 07:13 PM.

LAW
    New Jersey. I do bring my food with me and yes those Tues meetings are horriable. As a verteran I usually pass on office meetings to avoid temptation and the boring meeting.

I had t transactions worth 3.5 million in sales that fell apart in January and I really have a hard time not eating through my frustration.

Do you work for a large company. I work for Coldwell Banker

Blog Entries
    I'm in Michigan. Very slow market right now and many foreclosures going on everywhere. 3.5 million dollar deal not going through will really put a damper on things! I had a 1.2 million dollar deal fall through and I thought that was bad!

Last edited by Vibrantred94gt; 07-26-2011 at 07:12 PM.

LAW
    New construction in our area starts at 1.5 million. Can't really buy a house that's liveable for 400k. I sell about 10-20 depending on the market, homes a year the average sale price is $800,000.
    What do you do that makes you successful, mailings, phone calls, networking groups?
    I have a web sight that drives great traffic to me. It cost me a bundle but paid for itself the first month when I had a 2.5 million dollar sale directly from it and she referred 2 more million dollar buyers to me. It's a gold mine.
    If you want info on it let me know. I don't know anyone else that gets the traffic I do. (and no i don't profit from sending people to them, it's just keeps my business going)

I was real lean this summer and was spot on diet and training and I always fail in the winter and now im a chunky monkey. Time to get focused!

I was with Coldwell Banker for 6 years when I got to silver level and felt like a big shot I went to Remax for 2 years. It's a long story the the office I went folded and I crashed and burned with them. Now back at CB and not moving until I open my own company. Just have to get the determination to go for the Brokers.
    Last edited by LAW; 02-18-2007 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    I always thought about up and moving into a more expensive market to see how well I could succeed. My average sales price is around 100k because I deal with MANY foreclosed homes in bad areas that sell for 30k-70k. Then I have many homes that are 300k+ so you can imagine how big of a deal a 1.2 mil transaction would be! Right now I'm enjoying the foreclosed properties a lot more because they sell so fast and I'm dealing with banks, not homeowners. All my listings that are over 200k have been sitting for awhile because of the market. Nothing is moving besides 200k and under homes.

Big Otts is offline New Member
    I just opened up my own bank about 6 months ago...15 hour days 6 days a week. In the beginning my diet went right out the window and I packed a solid 40 pounds on in no time. Now I just cook all my meals for the week on sunday and stock my fridge at work.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    buyers are liars...

When i did it i was a listing agent in cali.. loved it... if you invited me in, you signed the contract..

This year i started a brokerage doing mostly non-prime lending. I have 3 banks now that send me all their declines and i normally fund them from there..

As a listing agent, i did it the old fassion way, door to door.. 2 hours per day, i'd pick an area that i knew the values in, and went door to door 6:00-8:00 pm ...knock on the door and say

"Hi, I'm here to buy your house"

this will normally get you 6-14 listings per month.. but that was cali in in the late 80's...

I find the market has not changed that much..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Last edited by Vibrantred94gt; 07-26-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Foreclosed is a pain in the arse and you're right about using your own money to do all that but it's been easy on me thus far. I only deal with the banks that reimbursed in a timely manner. Ocwen is a great company! I get a few listings from them. BPO's are okay, if I know I have time do do some I'll go to the sites that I'm a member to and see if any are available. It's usually a quick way to make 50-100 bucks fast and it keeps me connected to that company for future REO properties.

Last edited by Vibrantred94gt; 07-26-2011 at 07:11 PM.

LAW
    Im 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan. We get 5% commission down 1% from two years ago and we split that 2.5 listing agent 2.5 selling. Depending on how much you sell a year you make a split with the company. Highest split is 80% Im at 65% Some agents in my office make 300,000 a year.
    They have an assistant. I am solo. BestImage Marketing is the company I used for their Number1expert.com web sights.
    Im not snooty and I dress pretty casual. Lots of times jeans or my skirts are two short (when im in shape) It doesn't fit "our area" but im me, like it or not! I drive a H2 when most realtors drive Lexus,mercedies. I've always been a truck driving girl. lol

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Foreclosed is a pain in the arse and you're right about using your own money to do all that but it's been easy on me thus far. I only deal with the banks that reimbursed in a timely manner. Ocwen is a great company! I get a few listings from them. BPO's are okay, if I know I have time do do some I'll go to the sites that I'm a member to and see if any are available. It's usually a quick way to make 50-100 bucks fast and it keeps me connected to that company for future REO properties.

LAW
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    buyers are liars...

When i did it i was a listing agent in cali.. loved it... if you invited me in, you signed the contract..

This year i started a brokerage doing mostly non-prime lending. I have 3 banks now that send me all their declines and i normally fund them from there..

As a listing agent, i did it the old fassion way, door to door.. 2 hours per day, i'd pick an area that i knew the values in, and went door to door 6:00-8:00 pm ...knock on the door and say

"Hi, I'm here to buy your house"

this will normally get you 6-14 listings per month.. but that was cali in in the late 80's...

I find the market has not changed that much..
    Door to door worked then but with the internet I wonder if that it is very successful. OMG 6-14 listings a month! Wow I get 6 a year. Im not a big lister and I really want to change that. the buyers are wearing me out!
    I might just try the door to door thing this spring because I hate wasting my money on mailings that get thrown in the garbage.

BPO's are so time consuming and i have never got the listing from it so yeah it's a quick 50-100 bucks but it's a lot of work.

Not very many forclosure's here. Our buyers are mostly A classified as far as mortgage's go.
    Last edited by LAW; 02-19-2007 at 08:58 AM.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    do any of you write your own mortageges as well? i think its crazy not too you double your cash for every sale if you can get them to go with you for the mortgage. its nice because then your client only needs you! they dont need to find a bank, loan office ect. you are able to provide them with better costs because you do both so you can lower charges to make more sales. it will up your contact list as well as showing that you are a very reliable and can do everything in one shot...plus its easy!!!

if anyones interested in becoming a realpartner with 1st capital let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrantred94gt
    Now see, that is an attitude I just have never had nor been able to make work for me. " If you invited me in you signed the contract" I have seen people work that way and to a certain degree, admire them. But, it's just not me. I get invited in, and I get invited back. I always encourage people to educate themselves before signing, even if that means interviewing more agents.

Different strokes for different folks. Oh ya, and "buyers are liars" Kill em with kindness and at least they will be remorseful enough to send you a referral.
    Works for me! Congrats on your new brokerage..... I bet your killing them on the back side.....

Shoot, back in the day we used to get 2.5% on the backside for 90 day seasoning..

oh.. now those were the days..

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

Quote Originally Posted by LAW
    Door to door worked then but with the internet I wonder if that it is very successful. OMG 6-14 listings a month! Wow I get 6 a year. Im not a big lister and I really want to change that. the buyers are wearing me out!
    I might just try the door to door thing this spring because I hate wasting my money on mailings that get thrown in the garbage.

BPO's are so time consuming and i have never got the listing from it so yeah it's a quick 50-100 bucks but it's a lot of work.

Not very many forclosure's here. Our buyers are mostly A classified as far as mortgage's go.
    you'd be supprised, people want to do business with people, i find the internet is just like any leave behind, it simply qualifies you more.. The site is a tool we allow bankers to log on to, and submit clients, then they can track what happens to the client, if we fund them or not, or where the client is during the process..

They like that alot, they want to know when they are getting paid..

Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrantred94gt
    Now see, that is an attitude I just have never had nor been able to make work for me. " If you invited me in you signed the contract" I have seen people work that way and to a certain degree, admire them. But, it's just not me. I get invited in, and I get invited back. I always encourage people to educate themselves before signing, even if that means interviewing more agents.
    yea, it turns off some people, and i've lost some deals, but when i take the time to explain to them that it is business, that they are important, adn i will do everything i can to help them... they are happy to work with me..

And, if they are going to give the business to their neighbor or brother, i want and need to know as soon as possible so i can get on to my next customer..

easiest deal i ever did, listed 5 houses at the same time, they were in foreclosure (same owner) contacted the bank, faxed them a purchase order, paid off his main residence, sold the other 4.. he was happy, i was extactic.... from list to $$$.... 12 days...

Rules

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Real estate here in North Cali. Business has slowed down quite alot from the last two years. I'm still doing really well from the refferals that I get from past clients. In terms of working out, I always go to the gym at 8-10am in the morning and the rest is in the office until 6 pm. I don 't take food with me but just go have lunch some where healthy everyday.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    theres a synergy gym right across the street from my office 24 hours a day we go before lunch time

Big Otts is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aadrenaline
    do any of you write your own mortageges as well? i think its crazy not too you double your cash for every sale if you can get them to go with you for the mortgage. its nice because then your client only needs you! they dont need to find a bank, loan office ect. you are able to provide them with better costs because you do both so you can lower charges to make more sales. it will up your contact list as well as showing that you are a very reliable and can do everything in one shot...plus its easy!!!

if anyones interested in becoming a realpartner with 1st capital let me know
    Your absolutely right dude...there is a TON of money in mortgages! I opened up my own shop about 6 months ago. Its a hell of alot of stress, but so much fun at the same time. What state are you doing business in? Getting dual agencey disclosures executed with every loan you right I hope?

LAW
    I received 5 hits today of people that might be interested in purchasing a home including 1 commercial buyer. I would totally be lost without my web sight.
    aadrenaline, please explain what a realpartner with 1st capital is all about. I currently referr all my mortgages to someone I know. Usually Coldwell Banker uses. Cendant Mtg but I don't. Im just a rebel.
    Regarding my websight, lorisoldano.com is produced by bestimage marketing and I get lots of raves about it although i don't use IDX technology.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    nice. If someone wants to check out my webpage hit me up. Can you guys send me yours.

Last edited by Vibrantred94gt; 07-26-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Anastasia is offline Female Member
    Oh I can use some help.... Buyer in here! Already in the contract! Just curious, what's the best Mortgage Lender out there? ( I should probably made a thread about this, he he)

yeah so... bodybuilding and realestate dont mix... long hours, little sleep...no real schedule to stick to..

so i quit =]

Now i head up sales for a high end fitness center and spa and cafe..

food and weight all day everyday!!! whoo hooo!!!

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    Not a realtor, but i am involved in real estate, more specifically commercial mortgages. I work for one of the larger commercial mortgage brokers in the country Meridian Capital Group out of the NJ office.

Not on the road as much as a realtor but in the office 10-12 hours a day. I just goto the gym after work from 8-930pm and pack 4 or 5 meals for that day the night before.

If anyone is a developer/broker/investor/realtor that gets involved or comes across commercial property let me know, i would love to send you over some information about myself and my company to see if there may be a match.

www.meridiancapital.com

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I've been in RE since 91. Just learn to eat out often and find 24 hour gyms where ever you can

Blog Entries
    The rotisserie chicken at markets is money if you're on the go a lot. Take the skin off and chow down (on the white meat). The best I've found is at Sam's Club. An entire cooked chicken for 5 bucks.

Today I think I've had the busiest day ever as a Realtor. I just got home (10:30pm) and I was at my office at 7:30am. 4 interior BPO's, 2 REO listings, 1 closing, and showed 2 homes to a relative... Needless to say, I didn't make it to the gym today but I'm taking the entire afternoon off tomorrow.

stuball is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LAW
    Im 25 miles from Midtown Manhattan. We get 5% commission down 1% from two years ago and we split that 2.5 listing agent 2.5 selling. Depending on how much you sell a year you make a split with the company. Highest split is 80% Im at 65% Some agents in my office make 300,000 a year.
    They have an assistant. I am solo. BestImage Marketing is the company I used for their Number1expert.com web sights.
    Im not snooty and I dress pretty casual. Lots of times jeans or my skirts are two short (when im in shape) It doesn't fit "our area" but im me, like it or not! I drive a H2 when most realtors drive Lexus,mercedies. I've always been a truck driving girl. lol
    Hey law, im selling my house in NY, just signnd a 6 month contract for 4 % do you do work in NY ?? If so PM me, im askin a pretty penny for my house...

Thread Information