Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ILuvTestEn is offline Associate Member
    thanx man I appreciate it and to everyone who lost friends over there I'm sorry for your loss, those are the true heroes and they'll never be forgotten

NightTrain is offline Senior Member
    AMEN, brother

Shane35aa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain
    hey dude, dont sweat the purple heart thing man, if you got wounded when you got hit you deserve it...... i did two trips over there and luckily never got hurt.... much respect to all the other military brothers on here

I agree wear it proudly man. I got a couple of really good friends awarded it posthumously, wear proud for those who can't.

and you shane...... dont be one of those dumbass medal chasers...... if it is supposed to happen it will, if not **** it

check on that

and you shane...... dont be one of those dumbass medal chasers...... if it is supposed to happen it will, if not **** it
    Agreed, medals don't mean shit but watchin your brothers back is the most important thing you could ever do.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    All the officers just write themselves up anyway, You know the number of bronze stars and higher medals were awarded to 9 times as many officers as enlisted, and there is a 80-20 ratio of enlisted in Iraq. You do the math Greedy Medal Chasing SOB's

Yea, I remember coming back from Iraq the first time and we had an awards ceremony and almost every one of our staff sergeants were getting Navy and Marine Corp Achievement Medals with a Combat distinguishing device. I just sat there and laughed in my head what BS.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Our corpsman and flight surgeon use to fly just to get air medal points. That always kind of pissed me off. They would never help either, just get in the damn way.

we were with Recon in OIF II and they would do 1 jump a month and 1 river or water op a month so they could get there dive and jump pay for the month, it was like an extra 600 each, and they would never call EOD to blow weapons cashe's so they could get demo pay too, although that last one was convienient because we didn't feel like waiting 4 hours for EOD to come blow the Explosives..

hey dhriscerr where in Iraq were you during OIF II, I was south of Baghdad in Mamhudiyah <--bad spelling

OIF I i was in AD DWAR, just outside of Tikrit, its where we got Sadam...
    OIF 05-07 was in Taji, north baghdad

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvTestEn
    hey dhriscerr where in Iraq were you during OIF II, I was south of Baghdad in Mamhudiyah <--bad spelling
    I was in Ramadi. That place sucks.

Yea it does I was in Ramadi during OIF 3 and Fallujah in OIF 2 & 3

zipster_dude is offline Associate Member
    Test,,,you are one hard charging bastard...every thread you say something about the corps.

Holla fellas 1 mar div, 2 mar div, 1st force camp pen here. Got out way back in 02. I am one old fukr these days at the ripe age of 28. Nothin but respect for all of you bros regardless of service destination or MOS.

(I spend my time in the sand, but damn brother what Generals daughter did you pork to be stuck in the stumps as a tow?)

Don't forget about Peanuts and Beer, and the A Club in TJ- I kind of have a few memories there...but I can't remember where I put them!

carguy_z28 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane35aa
    I agree wear it proudly man. I got a couple of really good friends awarded it posthumously, wear proud for those who can't.
    I know personaly 3 people who have not made it home, and although I am happy for thoses of us who have, the real heros are the ones who didnt, and as there brother Id gladly trade them places if I could. they deserve the respect that the rest of us are getting, I feel bad for there families, and those usless greenpiece faggots that say people die for no reason blah blah blah, if It werent for people like us, and the ones that never made it back, then they wouldnt have the fvcking freedom to speak shit like that. Im just getting shit off my chest here guys, I heard some dumbass lady on the news yesterday, she said " support our troops, BRING THEM HOME" ! Little comments like that piss me off. I say, if you dont stand behind your troops, FVCKING STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !! **** Im pissed off right now, its like its never good enough for some people. And yeah, I live in Canada, but I support the U.S. military all the way, Id go and fight with you guys any day of the week. I have a lot of respect for you guys who are not afraid to stand up for what you beilieve in, not like my contry where our government and those that back it are a bunch of spineless jellyfish. anyways Im done freakin out for now.

I was in Fallujah and Ramadi in OIF II. Fallujah for 5 months Ramadi for 2. We controlled Mobile From Tar-Tar Bridge to Abu Garahb Prison, Lots of IED's on that Biatch. We got sniper fire everyday from the Cloverleaf between Camp Fallujah and the City. We were in the Battle of Fallujah, that was awsome!!!! and Scary as Sh!t at the same time.

Heres Michael Probst, I personally went to pick up his body from Dover, Delaware when it came in and Flew back with it until the Funeral, Military Funerals are sad as hell, I've never cried so hard in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    Heres Michael Probst, I personally went to pick up his body from Dover, Delaware when it came in and Flew back with it until the Funeral, Military Funerals are sad as hell, I've never cried so hard in my life.
    I feel you man, i hate memorial services. and while i was there this last time i was the maintenance platoon sergeant, so i was expected to attend them even if i didnt know the person. it kills me to have to stand there and go thru that service.... the roll call is the worst..

the roll call is the worst..
    That chokes me up everytime. Taps gets me too.

hey dhriscerr what unit were you with in OIF II cuz alot of the places you were I think I was there around the same time, I was with 2/2 wpns co. And roll call is the worst memories I have to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by zipster_dude
    Test,,,you are one hard charging bastard...every thread you say something about the corps.

Holla fellas 1 mar div, 2 mar div, 1st force camp pen here. Got out way back in 02. I am one old fukr these days at the ripe age of 28. Nothin but respect for all of you bros regardless of service destination or MOS.

(I spend my time in the sand, but damn brother what Generals daughter did you pork to be stuck in the stumps as a tow?)

Don't forget about Peanuts and Beer, and the A Club in TJ- I kind of have a few memories there...but I can't remember where I put them!
    I know I mention the Corp alot and I know anyone who's in the Corp right now say how much they hate this place. Yea I hate alot of the things that go on hear and yea I b!tch about the Corp just like everyone else but thats only because I've done my time and the experiences.I never regret the descision to join because it has taught me some of the most important life lessons, like NEVER take the people you love for granted.God bless those brothers that can't be here with us today.

All you guys that put down some good things about the military are gonna get mad reps from me. There are alot of good guys on this forum and I wish more people who have a negative view of people on steroids should read threads like this one.

Roger That..Roll Call is a [email protected] it seems like it last for days...

Agreed, medals don't mean shit but watchin your brothers back is the most important thing you could ever do.

When gets down to it your brothers are all you have, that you can count on. Its something that I beleive a civilian could never realize. Compete trust in someone to be right there with you no matter how bad its going. No way they will ever undertand how it feels to hear " I got your 6" and know damn well they mean it.

I know I mention the Corp alot and I know anyone who's in the Corp right now say how much they hate this place. Yea I hate alot of the things that go on hear and yea I b!tch about the Corp just like everyone else but thats only because I've done my time and the experiences.I never regret the descision to join because it has taught me some of the most important life lessons, like NEVER take the people you love for granted.God bless those brothers that can't be here with us today.
    Truer words have never been spoken, you hate it because its all you know at the time, and you think the grass is always greener on the otherside but its not. Id be back in a second but all my friends have gone on to new units or recruiting or DI or got out, so It wouldn't be the same, If I was with all my boys the whole time I'd never get out no matter how many trips to Iraq I had to do. Just like when you get a stupid stamp, (Moto Tat) after boot or School of Infantry or MCT, you regret it but wear that F'er proud as hell once you get out, I know I do.

hey dhriscerr what unit were you with in OIF II cuz alot of the places you were I think I was there around the same time, I was with 2/2 wpns co. And roll call is the worst memories I have to this day.
    We are part of 1st Tank BN, TOW PLT but we were attached to 1st Recon BN Alpha and Bravo Co. We were at camp Fallujah. There were 3 different camps all within a click of each other. I dont remember what camp we were at in Ramadi, but it wasn't Blue Diamond, We went there a few times, and thats where all the WM's were What camp were you at in fallujah??? And where in Ramadi where you king??? Blue Diamond weren't you, asshole

We are part of 1st Tank BN, TOW PLT but we were attached to 1st Recon BN Alpha and Bravo Co. We were at camp Fallujah. There were 3 different camps all within a click of each other. I dont remember what camp we were at in Ramadi, but it wasn't Blue Diamond, We went there a few times, and thats where all the WM's were What camp were you at in fallujah??? And where in Ramadi where you king??? Blue Diamond weren't you, asshole
    Al Taqqadum, and Al Asad.

Al Asad was the words I waited 7 months to hear, that ment our flight to Kuwait to get the hell out of the sand box Those Tents by the hanger sucked though. But all the hadji shops at that base were kinda cool

Al Asad was the words I waited 7 months to hear, that ment our flight to Kuwait to get the hell out of the sand box Those Tents by the hanger sucked though. But all the hadji shops at that base were kinda cool
    Yeah, it was too damn crowded there though. Those tents did suck. I was a sergeant and the senior man in my tent. It sucks when you like to go to bed at 2200, and everyone stays up till 0300 being loud as shit. Plus one dumbass running around naked. I never yelled and screamed so much in my life, got pretty good at chewing ass. Even started carrying counseling sheets with me.

During OIF 2, I was originally at FOB St. Michaels just outside the city of Mahmudijah. When the whole plan to move into Fallujah was going on we went to Camp Fallujah for about a month then we went back to the FOB after the whole Fallujah thing got called off. During OIF 3 we were at the Camp Fallujah the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by king6
    Yeah, it was too damn crowded there though. Those tents did suck. I was a sergeant and the senior man in my tent. It sucks when you like to go to bed at 2200, and everyone stays up till 0300 being loud as shit. Plus one dumbass running around naked. I never yelled and screamed so much in my life, got pretty good at chewing ass. Even started carrying counseling sheets with me.
    F page 11's we still take it out to the supply shed and figure it out our way. I don't think that we had one page 11 writen in our plt unless someone got a DUI or something off base that got reported to the OOD. But yeah alot of people get stupid, we would stay up til 0300 throwing dice and gambling tons of cash. Yeah I konw all about the people running around naked and shit, Crazy bastards, especially once your about ready to go home. I put more pics up on the Military pics thread, you should get some on it. But yeah thats what I hated about being a SGT was dealing with all the stupid crap all the boots did that was so stupid.

But we did have 9 guys get charged with hazing and busted down so page 11's might not have been a bad thing to consider. The only thing is if your not a lifer they don't mean shit to you and you don't get the point across in my opinion.

Ahhhh page 11's, can't remember how many of those I've had to sign lol

My drill instructor once told me, "You are not a real Marine unless you have gotten a page 11."

Quote Originally Posted by king6
    My drill instructor once told me, "You are not a real Marine unless you have gotten a page 11."
    Guess I'm not a real Marine. Or maybe I'm just a square.

I never got one but I did get my ass wooped in the barracks and supply shed a few times. I got a good cookie

I just wanted money so I didn't get caught. The pay dif between E3-E5 is huge

Yeah, I shouldn't say I wasn't a real Marine. I was just lucky.
    There was defenitly some shit I could have gotten in trouble for.

Man I got a ton of page 11s mainly because I was always raising the BS flag but I still got my good cookie cuz I was never NJPd, alot of my buddies were though lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information