BigBrad330 is offline Associate Member

Anybody ever sell vacuums???

So my roommate got this new job selling $1800 Kirby vacuums. He makes it sound like he'll be making a lot of money. He gets $400/week selling nothing, so base pay. and then each one he sells he makes $300, so which is ever more at the end of the week is his paychek. He said if he sells 3 or more in a week he gets a $200 bonus. so that would be a paycheck of$1100 for a week if he can sell 3, not bad. Just wondering if they're feeding him bs or if anyone has ever actually done it.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    I couldn't tell if you this is legit or not... it kind of sounds like a pyramid scheme in the makings, but I love leading those vacuum salesman on.

I always get my entire house water vacuumed, free of charge, and free of tips.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    depends on his close rate...

there are easier things to sell for more $$$ than Kirby machines..

tell him to hook up with a construction/roofing company and do the lead sales with them..

pays about or more and it's skills he can use in the future..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I sold vacuums all through my undergrad degree, along with appliances and big screens. There are a lot of people that if you tell them something is the best they will buy anything.

Jiesel is offline Associate Member
    sounds like he could be doing a draw which is where they pay you a set rate of X dollars a week, but you owe that money back at the end of the month. They take the money owed from your commision, anything over what you owe for the set rate is yours to keep.

So you get 400 week x 4 weeks, $1600 a month....

Lets say at the end of the month your total sales is 13 vaccumes, at $300 a piece is $3900, but you owe the company $1600 for them front you the money each week for bills and to live basically....

thats the way most sales work...Im in windows, siding, roofs and shyt

yea i'm interested to see how it works out and how much money he makes doin it.

dog the bounty hunter used to sell vacuum cleaners.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    those poor souls go door to door selling those. I highly doubt they have anything except total comission to work on. Tell him to get his pay in writing

well its set up by appointment only so its not nearly as bad as going door to door, but yeah he starts monday so we'll see what happens.

odix is offline Member
    bullshit. two of my friends had a real hard time getting their base pay from them. kirby vacuums are junk too imo.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by donniebrasco
    dog the bounty hunter used to sell vacuum cleaners.
    Isnt he a Transvestite ?

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Isnt he a Transvestite ?
    No, but his fat and nasty wife sure looks like one.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    His wife has three faces

BladesOfBlood is offline Associate Member
    I can say I bought one of those vacs from a dude selling them in my neighborhood and it was worth every cent. Its a product of quality so if u pick the right area it should sell itself. Still - Door to door sales can be a pain.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I bought a Kirby and LOVE IT!

K.Biz is offline Banned
    i got confused there for a second since u guys have the same avatar. i was like shit he actully convinced you to buy one? hahha

My parents bought one of those bad boys. iot works awsome. it really is the best vacume cleaner out there. i mean cmon it was designed by nasa!

1819 is offline Senior Member
    a $400 vacuum better suck me off when it's done with the floor. 400 bucks?

TAPPER is offline Junior Member
    BigBrad,

Most Kirby distributors will pay new hires for a period of time and then transfer them to a commission only program by offering increased earning potential once they get a handle on things. In these cases the new hire is set up as an independent contractor from day 1. Since taxes are not taken out your roommate needs to keep good records and be prepared to pay in at least once a year. (most do it quarterly)

If he is a salaried employee with taxes being taken out then this distributor is running things more like a car dealership. The pay is more stable but the earning potential isn’t as great. Just keep in mind after a few months to learn the ropes no sales = no job. (this goes for any sales organization, not just Kirby)

Either way, the potential to make good money selling Kirby’s is the real deal. They have been around for decades and are second to none when it comes to performance and durability. If your roommate has what it takes to make it in direct sales the biggest obstacle to his success would then be the distributor.

To achieve long term success in the Kirby business one needs to work from salesperson up to an area distributor as fast as possible. If you don’t advance you will not last. Since the distributor essentially controls the advancement an unscrupulous person could find reasons to delay things in an attempt to squeeze every last bit of profit out of a good salesperson. A good distributor will understand the mechanics of the business and encourage growth. Although less profit now, the volume sales in the future will make up for it ten-fold.

Originally posted by: Benches505
    those poor souls go door to door selling those.
    I’m not so sure I would classify them as poor souls. At age 19 I made just under 40K my first year selling Kirby’s door to door with nothing more than a GED. (this was fifteen years ago) Every quarter the Kirby Company (not the distributor) offers all expense paid vacations for individuals who met sales quotas. I won numerous trips around the country, Mexico, Bahamas, etc that were 1st class, 5 star all the way. My distributor was 28 and living large. Nice new home, closet full of $1500 suits, handful of $10,000 watches, new Porsche and Caddy in the drive. Not bad for some uneducated “kids” IMO.

When we worked, we busted ass averaging 12-15hr days, 6 days a week, most holidays, in all weather conditions. When we played it was just as intense and it’s not hard to burn out in this environment. Add to that the lack of real business knowledge (a few business classes at the community college would have come in handy) and very liberal tax deductions (seemed like a good idea at the time) and your back at square one again.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPPER
    BigBrad,

Most Kirby distributors will pay new hires for a period of time and then transfer them to a commission only program by offering increased earning potential once they get a handle on things. In these cases the new hire is set up as an independent contractor from day 1. Since taxes are not taken out your roommate needs to keep good records and be prepared to pay in at least once a year. (most do it quarterly)

If he is a salaried employee with taxes being taken out then this distributor is running things more like a car dealership. The pay is more stable but the earning potential isn’t as great. Just keep in mind after a few months to learn the ropes no sales = no job. (this goes for any sales organization, not just Kirby)

Either way, the potential to make good money selling Kirby’s is the real deal. They have been around for decades and are second to none when it comes to performance and durability. If your roommate has what it takes to make it in direct sales the biggest obstacle to his success would then be the distributor.

To achieve long term success in the Kirby business one needs to work from salesperson up to an area distributor as fast as possible. If you don’t advance you will not last. Since the distributor essentially controls the advancement an unscrupulous person could find reasons to delay things in an attempt to squeeze every last bit of profit out of a good salesperson. A good distributor will understand the mechanics of the business and encourage growth. Although less profit now, the volume sales in the future will make up for it ten-fold.

I’m not so sure I would classify them as poor souls. At age 19 I made just under 40K my first year selling Kirby’s door to door with nothing more than a GED. (this was fifteen years ago) Every quarter the Kirby Company (not the distributor) offers all expense paid vacations for individuals who met sales quotas. I won numerous trips around the country, Mexico, Bahamas, etc that were 1st class, 5 star all the way. My distributor was 28 and living large. Nice new home, closet full of $1500 suits, handful of $10,000 watches, new Porsche and Caddy in the drive. Not bad for some uneducated “kids” IMO.

When we worked, we busted ass averaging 12-15hr days, 6 days a week, most holidays, in all weather conditions. When we played it was just as intense and it’s not hard to burn out in this environment. Add to that the lack of real business knowledge (a few business classes at the community college would have come in handy) and very liberal tax deductions (seemed like a good idea at the time) and your back at square one again.

Do you own kirby

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    yea i did that kirby thing for a day or so never sold one, they hype it all up saying they will get you appointments but they try to get all your family as appointments. they try real hard for you to sell them to everyone in your family. i don't know about the 400 a week. they never offered me that. so i toook the vacum home and cleaned my house and brought it back then quit. i could be a good job if he is a good sales person

X-Damien is offline Associate Member
    Dyson

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrad330
    So my roommate got this new job selling $1800 Kirby vacuums. He makes it sound like he'll be making a lot of money. He gets $400/week selling nothing, so base pay. and then each one he sells he makes $300, so which is ever more at the end of the week is his paychek. He said if he sells 3 or more in a week he gets a $200 bonus. so that would be a paycheck of$1100 for a week if he can sell 3, not bad. Just wondering if they're feeding him bs or if anyone has ever actually done it.
    I had a friend that sold kirbys for 7 years and made thousands doing it. He was a good sales person. Anyway he ****ed it all up when he got strung out on dope.

greenpeace56 is offline New Member

kirby vacuums

dont work for them!!! they will rip you off! They are awful. Go to http://www.thevacuumheadquarters.com/ and they will tell you all about it! I almost worked for them until one of my friends told me about when he had. He would sell vacuums and they would never pay him what they promised. They also made him pressure people pretty hard!

Thread Information