Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    daem is offline Anabolic Member

McCain is wiping the floor with Obama tonite

Never thought I'd see it...Obama is doing his typical dance, and while not exactly eloquent, McCain is clearly winning.

He has some unique, concrete ideas that sound plausible, but unfortunately I think Palin is his undoing.

Que sera!

KingTenderloin is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah Obama is dead wrong when he says only a small percentage of small businesses make more than 250k a year. Anyn who thinks about that for more than half a second should know better than that

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTenderloin View Post
    yeah Obama is dead wrong when he says only a small percentage of small businesses make more than 250k a year. Anyn who thinks about that for more than half a second should know better than that
    rofl that dumbass said that????? my parents trucking business grosses over 750k and we only have 3 trucks

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^^ Grosses or Nets?

And like Daem said, i think McCain shot himself in the foot with Palin...

Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    ^^ Grosses or Nets?

And like Daem said, i think McCain shot himself in the foot with Palin...
    grosses.....only have about a 50% profit margin

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    In comparision to the number of business? I think it's a small percent.

There are millions of business' that are just so small you don't see them. A lot of larger businesses even operate on a small percentage of profit like 5-10%. They would require 25,000,000 in sales to do that.

I'm not sure if my numbers are 100% accurate but a crazy amount of the business' in america are sole propriorships, somthing like 80% or more. A very very small fraction of those business' are going to do over 25 million in sales anually. Some may have higher profit margins, but they are going to have lower sales.

A lot of people don't even realize that a great number of business' right now are surviving off large unsecure lines of credit that banks give them (like our over draft protection) for day to day operations and to "float" them though until they collect on their accounts recivable.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    rofl that dumbass said that????? my parents trucking business grosses over 750k and we only have 3 trucks
    Yeah he said that and biden said it the other night too. It's just completely false. If a small business made exactly 250000 and had 10 employees that'd only be 25,000 per employee and that doesn't take in to account the owner or owners salary or cost of supplies. So I'd like to know obamas definition of small business

Yeah he said that and biden said it the other night too. It's just completely false. If a small business made exactly 250000 and had 10 employees that'd only be 25,000 per employee and that doesn't take in to account the owner or owners salary or cost of supplies. So I'd like to know obamas definition of small business
    If they are paying 10 employee's.....they are not "making" anything.

And after paying taxes, medicare and workman's comp, they are loosing 50% of what they just paid out.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    In comparision to the number of business? I think it's a small percent.

There are millions of business' that are just so small you don't see them. A lot of larger businesses even operate on a small percentage of profit like 5-10%. They would require 25,000,000 in sales to do that.

I'm not sure if my numbers are 100% accurate but a crazy amount of the business' in america are sole propriorships, somthing like 80% or more. A very very small fraction of those business' are going to do over 25 million in sales anually. Some may have higher profit margins, but they are going to have lower sales.

A lot of people don't even realize that a great number of business' right now are surviving off large unsecure lines of credit that banks give them (like our over draft protection) for day to day operations and to "float" them though until they collect on their accounts recivable.
    give me examples of businesses with 5% profit margin

grosses.....only have about a 50% profit margin
    What legitamate business on the books shows a 50% profit margin? And why does not everyone have one?

Roshambo is offline Member
    w/e, i'm casting for barack just for new leadership and for nothing else, tired of republicans for the moment

What legitamate business on the books shows a 50% profit margin? And why does not everyone have one?
    pfft i didn't say we tell the assaholic gov't that, i think they somehow managed to make it look like under 150k ROFL, *gives the gov't the finger*

cuz they're not smart

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pumarjr View Post
    w/e, i'm casting for barack just for new leadership and for nothing else, tired of republicans for the moment
    Do you relies that the democrats run congress?

Almost Jacked 33 is offline Junior Member
    Obama trys to make his tax plan seem like it will not effect the middle class. With the increased taxes on businesses there is going to be a loose of jobs. Also, who do you think is going to pay the extra taxes? Not the businesses. They are going to raise their prices and in turn we are going to be paying the taxes.

VOTE McCAIN

give me examples of businesses with 5% profit margin
    Just about any franchised restaraunt that is independantly owned would be an example.

Grocery stores operated on a profit margin of about that.

Most hospitals are actually non profit.

Home Depot and Walmart both operate on smaller margins, but have much higher sales so they would be over the 250k mark.

I think you have the wrong idea of what "company" profit is. We are not talking about what the owners income is. We are taking about what is left after all the bills are paid....including the owner.

I've always found it amazing too the amount of people that just assume because you walk into a large business, that they must just be rolling in the doe. They have to give you that impression or you might think they are not a legitamiate business.

That building is not profit, those big windows in the front, not profit, all the merchindise on the shelf...that's not profit either. After paying for inventory cost, insurances, taxes, property taxes, wages, accounting fees, gas, company cars, a a million other things you just took a 25 million dollar business and made 250k, if you make a profit at all and are not just floating off a line of credit.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Do you relies that the democrats run congress?
    X2.....ppl that say aww bush fault bush fault dont understand how the sh*t works

If they are paying 10 employee's.....they are not "making" anything.

And after paying taxes, medicare and workman's comp, they are loosing 50% of what they just paid out.
    dude im saying a business grosses 250,000 exactly and has to pay 10 employees....i was just showing an example with simple math so ppl with insufficient intelligence could see how ridiculous it is to say that most "small" businesses don't bring in 250k/yr. If u wanna bring in workmans comp and all the other expenses than its even more ridiculous to say a small business doesn't bring that amount in.

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    X2.....ppl that say aww bush fault bush fault dont understand how the sh*t works
    werd

Just about any franchised restaraunt that is independantly owned would be an example.

Grocery stores operated on a profit margin of about that.

Most hospitals are actually non profit.

Home Depot and Walmart both operate on smaller margins, but have much higher sales so they would be over the 250k mark.

I think you have the wrong idea of what "company" profit is. We are not talking about what the owners income is. We are taking about what is left after all the bills are paid....including the owner.

I've always found it amazing too the amount of people that just assume because you walk into a large business, that they must just be rolling in the doe. They have to give you that impression or you might think they are not a legitamiate business.

That building is not profit, those big windows in the front, not profit, all the merchindise on the shelf...that's not profit either. After paying for inventory cost, insurances, taxes, property taxes, wages, accounting fees, gas, company cars, a a million other things you just took a 25 million dollar business and made 250k, if you make a profit at all and are not just floating off a line of credit.
    in any sole proprietorship any profits are given back to the owner

Quote Originally Posted by Almost Jacked 33 View Post
    Obama trys to make his tax plan seem like it will not effect the middle class. With the increased taxes on businesses there is going to be a loose of jobs. Also, who do you think is going to pay the extra taxes? Not the businesses. They are going to raise their prices and in turn we are going to be paying the taxes.

VOTE McCAIN
    exactly

VOTE McCAIN
    We don't need to tax any business'

Property values are so inflated from people re-financing to take care of 20k in credit card debt, a new car and the kids college the property tax is high enough to support the goverment for awhile. Good luck trying to extract that equidy america, and now you are not paying intrest, you are paying property taxes and intrest on your credit card debt.

VOTE McCAIN
    EXACTLY......can't fathom why anyone would vote for a democrat simply because their tax ideas are sooooooo whacked economically

in any sole proprietorship any profits are given back to the owner
    Yup, but almost any one of those is not going to show a income level of 250k.

If they did, they would go LLC or INC for liable reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by pumarjr View Post
    Just like the two above stated the democrats control the congress. Also, how are you going to put someone in office that has voted PRESENT 120 times on congress bills. Obama voted present more than any other person in the time he was in office. If he cant decide yes or no 120 different times then how is he capable to be the President of the United States.

I don't even care about the taxes, I think taxes are fine.

One thing you learn is business it is it WAY easier to cut expense than it is to INCREASE sales (taxes).

Do we really need to spend 689 billion a year to fund our military? Are we in danger of being invaded? We simply cannot afford to defend the rest of the world anymore. I don't care if the reason is good, or bad, we can't afford it.

If I can't afford to get some import beer, I just get some Busch. A red neck can look at the books and tell we can't afford to have that kind of military budget.

Put some of that money into the economy, the economy is way more important than our miliatary, it's dependant on it.

Blog Entries
    I am not a Bush Supporter! I merely meant that the reasons to vote for a particular candidate either way should be thought out a lot more. A lot of american blood has been shed for the right to vote and I think it shouldn't be taken lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I am not a Bush Supporter! I merely meant that the reasons to vote for a particular candidate either way should be thought out a lot more. A lot of american blood has been shed for the right to vote and I think it shouldn't be taken lightly.
    trust me im not a fan of bush at all but im not putting the blame all on him....he cant do anything when hes got a congress that opposes everything he wants

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    they r both d bags.

it comes down to the bitch....yep, Palin.

Obama takes the cake.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    I guess I know nothing...The pundits stated something like "This is the best example of a tie we've seen" or something along that line.

They are making a huge deal about the "That one" comment, implying it has all kinds of undertones and meaning.

Seriously?

yeah McCain blew it when he picked her....shes not the brightest

Blog Entries
    I also see Obama staying behind and talking with people still there. And McCain took off.

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    I also see Obama staying behind and talking with people still there. And McCain took off.
    it's way past his bedtime

Blog Entries
    it's way past his bedtime
    hahahahaha

he eats dinner at 4:30 pm

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?

VOTE McCAIN
    sadly, this isn't entirely correct, but it does lead to another fallacy. THE ECONOMIC CRISIS! when there isn't enough tax money to pay for their spending what happens??? they create money out of thin air. and that is what's happening now. inflation. we need to cut spending and settle congress down for a while. sure times may be hard on some, but it is necessary for long-term sustainability and growth.

Economics?

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    sadly, this isn't entirely correct, but it does lead to another fallacy. THE ECONOMIC CRISIS! when there isn't enough tax money to pay for their spending what happens??? they create money out of thin air. and that is what's happening now. inflation. we need to cut spending and settle congress down for a while. sure times may be hard on some, but it is necessary for long-term sustainability and growth.
    Okay, lets talk about Obama when it comes to his plans on the Economic Crisis. Obama stated that his economic bill will help America! LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR MASSIVE HORRID LIAR!! First Mr. Obama your 111 points were combined into a package which you are still trying to sell to the American People! Secondly, Mr. Obama, your bill was defeated by 99-0! In fact, Mr. Obama, you voted against your own Economic Bill because even you knew it was stupid and would not work!!!!!! This is the by Far the most single reason not to vote for Obama!!!!

Blog Entries
    According to CNN polls. the debate and the issues, Obama won on everything except dealing with terrorist,lost by about 4 %.

The biggest margin was in the economic issues, which was a double digit margin. And voted as number 1 issue.

McCain better get his shit together quick.

Blog Entries
    more clear in the debate?

60 to 30 obama

more likable
    65 to 28 obama

stronger leader

54 to 43 obama

those r percentages btw...

skinnykenney is offline Senior Member
    1=a tattoo/piercing shop, maybe more than 50%
    2=not everyone can tattoo! and not everyone has the resources to even start a buisiness and you have to stick it out for years before the profits hit big.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    more clear in the debate?

60 to 30 obama

more likable
    65 to 28 obama

stronger leader

54 to 43 obama

those r percentages btw...
    Oh BigSexy not you too

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast