Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries

Anyone in to f-body's or vetts

I have a blown 2000 Ws6 trans am dynoed at about 500 rwhp. Anyone got any cool stories, pics or videos about there cars?

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    This is a pic from a few years ago when I went home for my sister's wedding. The old man got out his '56 Vette, but the cautious fart won't let me drive it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone in to f-body's or vetts-bk09.jpg  

Blog Entries
    thats a damn shame, thats one of my favorite body styles for the vette.

Foskamink is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    This is a pic from a few years ago when I went home for my sister's wedding. The old man got out his '56 Vette, but the cautious fart won't let me drive it.
    i need to get ur cruise on couz

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR
    This is what you say "Look Dad, one day you'll be gone, do you really want my memories of us and our time together to be that you didn't want me or trust me enought to drive this dumb car?? or do you want me to have memories of all the fun times we had cruising around and enjoying life together to the fullest??"

cold.. but there's alot of truth in that..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Foskamink is offline Banned
    "on weekends my pop and dad used to flash the vette"

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    whos blower kit do you have on the car?????

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    3rd gen guy right here...84 Z/28...swapped 350, 670 street avenger, edelbrock everything else, hooker supercomp 3" exhaust, B&M MegaShifter, TCI tranny cooler & shiftkit, spohn subframes & UMI "wonderbar"

I would killlllllll for a 4th gen...especially a 98+ ws-6 t/a or camaro SS

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    i have a 95 ss, with a stroker 383 and custom rims.. Its for sale lol.. Why, cuz I want a bike this spring and the new camaro in two years

ecivon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    I have a blown 2000 Ws6 trans am dynoed at about 500 rwhp. Anyone got any cool stories, pics or videos about there cars?
    There're a couple of guys on here with pretty hot cars. Carguy posted a TA he's trying to trade and sounds like he has a pretty hot blown camaro. I'm like needmorestrength in that if GM comes out with the new camaro as it looks in concept, I'll definitely get one. Pretty sure they'll mess it up for production though. I've had several camaro's -- right now have a special order 02 SLP SS. 347ci/380hp set up for road courses. All aluminum LS-1, with alum. LS-6 heads and LS-6 oversized throttle body. This little motor hotter than big big blocks I've had. It's too high geared for dragging, but still does pretty good. It's supposed to have a top end of 184mph, but I've never had it there. Driving across Colorado last summer on a wide open stretch of split road had it up to 157 and it was still pulling. Backed off thinking of state troopers. Had just heard on the news then about the kid in Minnesota that was supposedly radared at over 200mph on his bike -- didn't want that. That night was driving across some high hills and around a curve there were two freaking huge cows in the middle of the road. One was laying in the road and the other was straddling the middle -- missed them, but the standing one not by much. Hate to think if I'd of hit one.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    SVT > *

I love WS6's though, I just could never own one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone in to f-body's or vetts-286817_34_full.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    whos blower kit do you have on the car?????
    I have the Procharger d1sc race surpentine kit I think the part number at the end of the kit is 212, but can remember for sure. I am running between 8 and 9lbs of boost. I have stock internals so I dont want much more until Im done with school and have more time and money of course. Pretty happy with the kit I did everthing myself, its time consuming. I didnt have a helper so it took we a couple of weekends but was fun and the power increase is amazing.

Blog Entries
    Stock motor you can make up to 15 pounds of boost if you like. You just need to make sure you tune it right and don’t detonate. Do you have any kind of intercooler on it?????? The best would be a nitrous injection cooling system. But there are not a lot of companies that make them. Then the runner up would be water injection with a boost retard ignition system.

Also what do you have for a fuel system. please dont say and FMU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ecivon
    There're a couple of guys on here with pretty hot cars. Carguy posted a TA he's trying to trade and sounds like he has a pretty hot blown camaro. I'm like needmorestrength in that if GM comes out with the new camaro as it looks in concept, I'll definitely get one. Pretty sure they'll mess it up for production though. I've had several camaro's -- right now have a special order 02 SLP SS. 347ci/380hp set up for road courses. All aluminum LS-1, with alum. LS-6 heads and LS-6 oversized throttle body. This little motor hotter than big big blocks I've had. It's too high geared for dragging, but still does pretty good. It's supposed to have a top end of 184mph, but I've never had it there. Driving across Colorado last summer on a wide open stretch of split road had it up to 157 and it was still pulling. Backed off thinking of state troopers. Had just heard on the news then about the kid in Minnesota that was supposedly radared at over 200mph on his bike -- didn't want that. That night was driving across some high hills and around a curve there were two freaking huge cows in the middle of the road. One was laying in the road and the other was straddling the middle -- missed them, but the standing one not by much. Hate to think if I'd of hit one.
    Man I love SS camaro's If my friends wouldnt have had a couple of camaro's between them I might have bought a SS instead of a WS6 thats a tought choice though cause they are both awesome cars.
    After I got my blower on a couple of weeks ago I decided to break it in with a buddy. We live out in the country off a we maintained highway. We took it out and did a few high speed runs we have a sheriff deputy that lives down the road from us so that was in the back off my mind. I only pushed it to about 140 in 5th gear in under 14 secs, spinning the tires throught 4th gear and I have new sticky 285 rubbers on the rear.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr
    Stock motor you can make up to 15 pounds of boost if you like. You just need to make sure you tune it right and don’t detonate. Do you have any kind of intercooler on it?????? The best would be a nitrous injection cooling system. But there are not a lot of companies that make them. Then the runner up would be water injection with a boost retard ignition system.

Also what do you have for a fuel system. please dont say and FMU
    No All LS1/ls6/ls2 procharger kits come with a intercooler kit. I have the twin 4.5 inch highflow kits specific to my kit. And hell no I didnt run the FMU system I have heard of way to many problems. I just dropped the fuel tank and put in a Holley Forced induction fuel pump. It was fairly easy and works great. Oh and im running 60 lbs injectors probable a little over kill but when i go to upgrade later they will be more than adequete for later projects. plus they were like 40 buck more than 42 lbs injectors. Kinda a no brainer

Blog Entries
    No All LS1/ls6/ls2 procharger kits come with a intercooler kit. I have the twin 4.5 inch highflow kits specific to my kit. And hell no I didnt run the FMU system I have heard of way to many problems. I just dropped the fuel tank and put in a Holley Forced induction fuel pump. It was fairly easy and works great. Oh and im running 60 lbs injectors probable a little over kill but when i go to upgrade later they will be more than adequete for later projects. plus they were like 40 buck more than 42 lbs injectors. Kinda a no brainer
    That is good. I like the nos cooler because i can set what temp i wont to run at. It works great for at the track. I program to run a iat of 0 degree. So no mater how hot or cold out it is the motore will alwas see 0.

The 60pispsi injectors are fun if you have your fuel psi set right. Some times they run rich and idle.

UpstateTank is offline Banned
    the real question is...who cant wait for 2008/09???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chevrolet_camaro_concept_text_1.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	75689

Name:	116663_cam.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	75690

btw...110% envious of your t/a...i need to f'in graduate and get a job

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    i got a 2002 ta... luf it but i killed it by driving it hard all the time :P Too fun not too. I got through 4 tires a year :P and i am DYING for the new camaro... i'm gonna buy that mug

Blog Entries
    Next year i'm going to start building my car.

ecivon is offline Member
    The new camaro will be fine if they don't mess it up -- if it comes out at least equal to the concept that'd be great and I would definitely buy one, but I won't hold my breath with GM; they'll get squeamish.

No substitute for hp and torque -- $3 gas or not -- as the girls say, size definitely matters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    the real question is...who cant wait for 2008/09???

Name:	chevrolet_camaro_concept_text_1.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	75689

Name:	116663_cam.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	75690

btw...110% envious of your t/a...i need to f'in graduate and get a job
    Yeah I cant I will just be done with my Doctorate and billions in debt, But I always have money for a muscle car.

I got a GM card that earns 5% towards an new car. Put all my parts I bought for the TA on there. I would really like if they came out with a new Firebird. the concepts I have seen look awesome. The one thing I dont like about the new camaro is the damn grill and lights, it looks cheap. Plus if they are going to really put 20 + inch wheels like they say, the tires will be ungodly expensive. which doesnt bother me but it will other buyers.

Blog Entries
    The new camaro will be fine if they don't mess it up -- if it comes out at least equal to the concept that'd be great and I would definitely buy one, but I won't hold my breath with GM; they'll get squeamish.

No substitute for hp and torque -- $3 gas or not -- as the girls say, size definitely matters.
    GM has no direction right now, they probable will puss out on it and metro it out like the mustang. They need to let the guys who redesigned the vette and cadillacs run the company because thats they only thing that they have going for them. There new trucks look like hell again so who knows with them.

ecivon is offline Member
    GM has no direction right now, they probable will puss out on it and metro it out like the mustang. They need to let the guys who redesigned the vette and cadillacs run the company because thats they only thing that they have going for them. There new trucks look like hell again so who knows with them.
    Exactly musclescience ... I fully expect them to wuss out on the final design and or power options. Too bad if they do cause it is definitely a sweet looking car. I would jump on one with the biggest motor and have it prepped for killer road handling. Maybe they'd make another engineering compact with SLP, who knows though.

What the hell happened to Kansas?? Won't matter much they'll do okay and don't expect any team to go undefeated this year -- too many tough and talented squads out there. Micah Downs left though, that's actually good for Kansas, including Giles. Both are from here and we didn't recruit them -- prima donnas.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    SVT > *

nice pic!
    I have to agree....would rather have a new cobra.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    nice pic!
    I have to agree....would rather have a new cobra.
    I really like the new shelby but for 500 horses it has a very bad ET my car on radials right now is running 11.5 ish. the shelby isnt even touching 12.3. But yeah it is sweet looking. My mom is into mustangs and im trying to get her to buy one.

Blog Entries
    Exactly musclescience ... I fully expect them to wuss out on the final design and or power options. Too bad if they do cause it is definitely a sweet looking car. I would jump on one with the biggest motor and have it prepped for killer road handling. Maybe they'd make another engineering compact with SLP, who knows though.

What the hell happened to Kansas?? Won't matter much they'll do okay and don't expect any team to go undefeated this year -- too many tough and talented squads out there. Micah Downs left though, that's actually good for Kansas, including Giles. Both are from here and we didn't recruit them -- prima donnas.
    Oral Roberts is a good team but nobody outside the midwest really knows them. They are more know for there matchups with Wichita State from a few years ago but they also played a smart game and that one guy draining 7 three's didnt help. But thats what happens when teams play Kansas they have the games of their lives. Kansas is very young they have no seniors and now only 2 juniors with playing time. Yeah Micah Downs was a puss he needed to juice and put on like 50 lbs. When he left the players couldnt stop talking about how he was the worst team player ever. I guess he was basically ran out by the team. The rumor around lawrence was they voted to have him removed and went to the coach with it. Giles on the other hand was a bad loss I think. he was tall and very athletic and improved greatly from fresh to soph year.And he could block shots great. But with Shady Aurther down below they get giles type defense with an offensive weapon.

I really like the new shelby but for 500 horses it has a very bad ET my car on radials right now is running 11.5 ish. the shelby isnt even touching 12.3. But yeah it is sweet looking. My mom is into mustangs and im trying to get her to buy one.
    A stock 04 Snake is capable of 12.5 stock with a good driver, they can 11's with a simple pulley change and radials.

ecivon is offline Member
    Oral Roberts is a good team but nobody outside the midwest really knows them. They are more know for there matchups with Wichita State from a few years ago but they also played a smart game and that one guy draining 7 three's didnt help. But thats what happens when teams play Kansas they have the games of their lives. Kansas is very young they have no seniors and now only 2 juniors with playing time. Yeah Micah Downs was a puss he needed to juice and put on like 50 lbs. When he left the players couldnt stop talking about how he was the worst team player ever. I guess he was basically ran out by the team. The rumor around lawrence was they voted to have him removed and went to the coach with it. Giles on the other hand was a bad loss I think. he was tall and very athletic and improved greatly from fresh to soph year.And he could block shots great. But with Shady Aurther down below they get giles type defense with an offensive weapon.
    If you are a baller you know of Oral Roberts, but you also know that Kansas has a lot of young players as do most of the top teams, except Florida. Outside of Florida I still think the final 4 will go through UNC, OSU, Kansas, and a few others have some potential.

It's funny about Downs because no one here would touch him. He changed high school's because he didn't like his coach telling him what to do. He would flip off refs and people in the stands during games. He also said that he was the best to ever come out of this area. Not to mention that we had Jon Brockman, Marcus and Marvin Williams, Martell Webster. Kid had a rotten attitude.

ecivon is offline Member
    A stock 04 Snake is capable of 12.5 stock with a good driver, they can 11's with a simple pulley change and radials.
    With all due respect Hoss, my 02 SS with a little 347ci could do that. I like mustangs, had a restored hi-po 64 1/2 convert, but never lost to one, including cobra's.

With all due respect Hoss, my 02 SS with a little 347ci could do that. I like mustangs, had a restored hi-po 64 1/2 convert, but never lost to one, including cobra's.
    SS's are sick. But stock vs. stock they are equal

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    SVT > *

im not going to touch that with a 10 foot pole...

mg316 is offline Associate Member
    I love F-Bodies!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone in to f-body's or vetts-379344_152_full.jpg  

ecivon is offline Member
    SS's are sick. But stock vs. stock they are equal
    A couple of reasons why I didn't buy a mustang, too many on the road and a tad bit too small. But I do like them. I test drove a cobra and it was fun.

Problem with both Ford and GM is neither of them has the nads to go far enough with design, or performance. GM can't make any claims with the SS as they are all z-28's they shipped out to SLP and they did all of the mods.

ecivon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mg316
    I love F-Bodies!!!
    Yeah, they're great performers. The only basic difference between TA's and camaro's are the body panels. They are basically the same. What are the panels on the TA made of? On my SS the door skins and other panels are a composite, not sheet metal. I should check with SLP to see if they did that, or if it's factory. Though my warranty is through SLP.

That pix you posted I've been there a few times but never got a ticket for speeding, but for no license plate on the front end. That guy must not be from the state where I live, he has no plate, unless that's why he was stopped -- no way I'm going to drill holes on the front end.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, they're great performers. The only basic difference between TA's and camaro's are the body panels. They are basically the same. What are the panels on the TA made of? On my SS the door skins and other panels are a composite, not sheet metal. I should check with SLP to see if they did that, or if it's factory. Though my warranty is through SLP.

That pix you posted I've been there a few times but never got a ticket for speeding, but for no license plate on the front end. That guy must not be from the state where I live, he has no plate, unless that's why he was stopped -- no way I'm going to drill holes on the front end.
    The only thing metal on my car's body is the head lamps.
    I just took my car out today since it was nice out and did about a 300 foot burnout on the highway has I was heading into town. Makes your day go better when you burn up some rubber.

Blog Entries
    If you are a baller you know of Oral Roberts, but you also know that Kansas has a lot of young players as do most of the top teams, except Florida. Outside of Florida I still think the final 4 will go through UNC, OSU, Kansas, and a few others have some potential.

It's funny about Downs because no one here would touch him. He changed high school's because he didn't like his coach telling him what to do. He would flip off refs and people in the stands during games. He also said that he was the best to ever come out of this area. Not to mention that we had Jon Brockman, Marcus and Marvin Williams, Martell Webster. Kid had a rotten attitude.
    I dont feel as confident about our tournement chances as you do. Self had one of the most experianced senior classes in college basketball history with 2 final fours and an elite 8 and managed to piss it away. That was suppose to be the year because we were strong and most of the top powerhouses that year were undermatched and inexperianced. Plus at one Point we were 20-1 and then finished the season like 22-7 or 8. He just hasnt shown to be able to coach in the tournment or coach big cames. Plus the Downs thing should have been scouted better. There is rumblings in jayhawk land if his first class he recruited doesnt get far into the tournment by the time they graduate next year he may be out. Everyone wanted Larry Brown and still wants him back. Wishfull thinking though.

ecivon is offline Member
    Everyone wanted Larry Brown and still wants him back. Wishfull thinking though.
    Just my opinion, but you guys wouldn't want Brown back -- That guys got a lot of baggage and ego to go along with it. He most certainly has changed since being in the NBA, but then he just got an $18 million buyout so might be interested -- but understand Jordan and Carolina have interest in him. Lots of great young assistants would be available and Kansas is an elite program. They wouldn't have trouble finding a first rate coach and staff.

The thing with March Madness is that in the first couple of rounds lots of teams are pumped and upsets happen. That's all that happened to Kansas.
    To me winning it is great, but so is just getting there. It's all new to us as the U of Washington has only been there the past 3 years -- lots of losing seasons before that.

Blog Entries
    Just my opinion, but you guys wouldn't want Brown back -- That guys got a lot of baggage and ego to go along with it. He most certainly has changed since being in the NBA, but then he just got an $18 million buyout so might be interested -- but understand Jordan and Carolina have interest in him. Lots of great young assistants would be available and Kansas is an elite program. They wouldn't have trouble finding a first rate coach and staff.

The thing with March Madness is that in the first couple of rounds lots of teams are pumped and upsets happen. That's all that happened to Kansas.
    To me winning it is great, but so is just getting there. It's all new to us as the U of Washington has only been there the past 3 years -- lots of losing seasons before that.
    Yeah UW is fun to watch, I really liked watching nate robinson or robertson that guy was insanily atheletic. To me though I really enjoy inconference rivalries. Like KU-Mizzu, UNC-Duke i guess now, Michigan State-Illinois, ect. Those games are always competitive because both teams are pumped. Plus its usually center stage on ESPN or something like that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UpstateTank
    3rd gen guy right here...84 Z/28...swapped 350, 670 street avenger, edelbrock everything else, hooker supercomp 3" exhaust, B&M MegaShifter, TCI tranny cooler & shiftkit, spohn subframes & UMI "wonderbar"

I would killlllllll for a 4th gen...especially a 98+ ws-6 t/a or camaro SS
    whats your best e.t ?

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    This is what you say "Look Dad, one day you'll be gone, do you really want my memories of us and our time together to be that you didn't want me or trust me enought to drive this dumb car?? or do you want me to have memories of all the fun times we had cruising around and enjoying life together to the fullest??"

cold.. but there's alot of truth in that..
    Well, that might work if I lived in the US and went home during the summers (the only time he takes it out). Unfortunately, driving in Japan has totally fvcked my skillz up. But I'll definitely have a talk to him next time I take the kids/wife to visit the grandparents!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information