so i went to a small gym for a low rate previously, only a hand full of members but they didnt have the equipment others did.

so i switched to this bigger more well know lifetime fitness gym. and its alittle awkward in there or maybe its just some kind of social anxiety thing i developed.

another thing that sucks is that no one spots eachother! i was having a not so good day in the gym and knew no one to spot me so i just went lower weight and higher reps on bench but out of the blue i lost it. struggling for a good minute, and ended up dumping the bar, with 30-40 people around me, some just sitting and resting. i get up form the bar and theres a few people looking at me like wtf are you doing? well shit had i a spotter i would have had a good set... but nooo

i get in there and its kinda quiet even though theres alot of people. everyone stairs around and at you. i almost dont feel comfortable.

think ill get over it and eventually get settled in or what? does this happen to other people as well? because the 200 activation fee and 40 a month is killin me and when i look around at so many people not using spotters or any friendly faces for that matter its really not fun to go to the gym anymore.