Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    An 18 year old girl thought you were going to hold the gym up from closing. If I were anal the next time I went in I would pull her aside and say something to her but thats about as far as I would take it.

Like kings post, Ive dealt with aholes who say they are going to be there a few minutes and then stay well after closing.

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    What is relevant here is the gym hours and the fact that a paying member of a gym fascility was denied access during gym hours and based on a "rule" that simply doesn't exist. Employees don't make rules. Bally's does. Her behavior was presumptuous and wrongful.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    the issue is you were not harmed, you were not denyed access since you did get your workout..

you can complain, but it's up to their HR to fire or punish her..

She had the place clean, she wanted to leave at 8:00.. she had a date..

i would have been in the shower for 30 minutes myself..

but you see how it is..

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    What is relevant here is the gym hours and the fact that a paying member of a gym fascility was denied access during gym hours and based on a "rule" that simply doesn't exist. Employees don't make rules. Bally's does. Her behavior was presumptuous and wrongful.
    i agree with you 100%...

It was wrong, she was a bitch and self centered.. most 18 yr olds are..

imagine if she had called the police and said that you had grabbed one of her breasts...

She may have a 2 yr old that she is trying to get home to feed it, ya just don't know, i would suggest that you were over reacting..

but that you were justified in your feelings...
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    What the hell were you going to do in under 30 min. anyways?

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    What the hell were you going to do in under 30 min. anyways?
    Hit on the receptionist probably, until she put the kaibosh on his plans and refused him entry!

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Hit on the receptionist probably, until she put the kaibosh on his plans and refused him entry!

Pick on Mike day

That's what you would do huh? Interesting. We definately make different choices probably because we understand the situation in a much different way. The part about holding the gym up from closing is completely irrelevant to the main point.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    An 18 year old girl thought you were going to hold the gym up from closing. If I were anal the next time I went in I would pull her aside and say something to her but thats about as far as I would take it.

Like kings post, Ive dealt with aholes who say they are going to be there a few minutes and then stay well after closing.
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 06-12-2007 at 10:20 AM.

Lol (if you are being flippant). As rageful as I've been I can appreciate the humor (assuming it was humor). Otherwise, that's out of touch with the facts of situation.

Lol (if you are being flippant). As rageful as I've been I can appreciate the humor (assuming it was humor). Otherwise, that's out of touch with the facts of situation.
    LOL I'm just fuckin witcha Mikey!

So did you decide to run the tren in the end?

dano_85 is offline Junior Member
    i would be pissed too.dont know if i would take it as far as you .but i agree with you on this !!

skr0w is offline Associate Member
    F@#! Ballys

Lol. Yeh, as you can probably tell, I'm feeling uptight for sure. It's not just this it's other major things I'm dealing with. Tis is life. I'm leaning towards taking action. I had a little sit down with this girl yesterday and a ran through the reasoning. I basically told her that I checked with Ballys corporate office and there's no policy that members are barred from the gym a half hour before closing. I asked her, how can you justify what you did? Then she said, "well we work long hours and we want to get out of here at closing time. I responded by saying that what she was saying was irrelevant. Who makes the rules you or ballys? Then I walked through the same reasoning again and asked her how she felt her behavior was justified. She then admitted that it wasn't.

Then I took a different tack. I said, "do we know each other?" She said no. I then asked, have we ever even talked before? She said, no. "Would there then be any basis for animosity or hard feelings?" She said "no" and added that she didn't have such feelings. I said, well, I would expect that as an answer. I explained that I tend to keep to myself and I'm highly introverted in the gym and I'm entitled to make that choice. That may rub some people the wrong way - maybe they interpret me as unfriendly or arrogant or something negative in general. But that's just interpretations. She said, "well people go on their first impressions." I said, when I look out into the horizon, I have an impression that the world is flat but what does that amount to?" Sometimes one must have an impression of their impression (if that makes sense). I told her that I basically ignore everyone so it's nothing to take personal. Even if I was an unlikeable guy, that would not give you the right to do what you did! I'm strictly a paying member there to use the gym nothing more and nothing less.

I told her that I could take action that leads to serious consequences but I don't want to do it purely out of anger and a part of me doesn't want to get her in trouble for just being what she is - a kid. On the other hand, BAllys chose to hire her to represent them. Therefore, BAllys is the real issue kid or not. I told her that if I pursued this she could get into trouble and my decision would be based on how things went with our talk. Althogh she gave her name, I asked her for her employee ID # and she refused. Although she admited her behavior was unjustified, she did not apologise (and I shouldn't have to ask for an apology). There also seemed to be a slight attitude. Taking all that into account, I'm taking massive action.

First, I'll call the corporate office and make a complaint. Then I'll demand that I'm informed what the specific consequences will be for her. If I'm satisfied, it will end there. If not, I'll tell them that I'm going to make a complaint to consumer affairs and get legal information about how this can be pursued until I'm satisfied with an outcome. I'm pulling out all the stops. I'm definately going to follow through and see it through. I think I was fair by talking with this kid they hired as a manager but again, I got no apology from her and there seemed to be a smug air. I gave her the opportunity to do the right thing and I got no appology and she seemed rather indifferent and she almost seemed to be trying to assume the role of "appeaser." LoL. At least I gave her a chance. I'm satisfied that I was fair and I let her have some control over the ultimate consequences for her. She made her choice and now I'll make mine.

LOL I'm just fuckin witcha Mikey!

So did you decide to run the tren in the end?
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 06-12-2007 at 11:30 AM.

I always appreciate your feedback Tock. Yeh, I'm going to find out what recourse I have and then I'll see it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    That would be a good issue for a small claims court. I dunno how things work in your state, but here in Texas, you gotta have at least $20 to fuss about.

Next time this happens, bring a witness or two, maybe a tape recorder/small camcorder. Then go someplace that'll charge you at least $20 (or whatever the minimum small claim is in your state), pay up, keep the receipt, then file your small claims complaint.

Your Bally's contract says you can work out between whatever AM and whatever PM, you'll have witnesses/recording that shows they broke that contract, the court will find in favor of you, they'll have to pay you for the extra that you paid for your workout, and they will also have to pay for a lawyer to represent them in court. Ya, it will cost them a bundle, and they'll think twice before they do that again.

Lol. Yeh, as you can probably tell, I'm feeling uptight for sure. It's not just this it's other major things I'm dealing with. Tis is life. I'm leaning towards taking action. I had a little sit down with this girl yesterday and a ran through the reasoning. I basically told her that I checked with Ballys corporate office and there's no policy that members are barred from the gym a half hour before closing. I asked her, how can you justify what you did? Then she said, "well we work long hours and we want to get out of here at closing time. I responded by saying that what she was saying was irrelevant. Who makes the rules you or ballys? Then I walked through the same reasoning again and asked her how she felt her behavior was justified. She then admitted that it wasn't.

Then I took a different tack. I said, "do we know each other?" She said no. I then asked, have we ever even talked before? She said, no. "Would there then be any basis for animosity or hard feelings?" She said "no" and added that she didn't have such feelings. I said, well, I would expect that as an answer. I explained that I tend to keep to myself and I'm highly introverted in the gym and I'm entitled to make that choice. That may rub some people the wrong way - maybe they interpret me as unfriendly or arrogant or something negative in general. But that's just interpretations. She said, "well people go on their first impressions." I said, when I look out into the horizon, I have an impression that the world is flat but what does that amount to?" Sometimes one must have an impression of their impression (if that makes sense). I told her that I basically ignore everyone so it's nothing to take personal. Even if I was an unlikeable guy, that would not give you the right to do what you did! I'm strictly a paying member there to use the gym nothing more and nothing less.

I told her that I could take action that leads to serious consequences but I don't want to do it purely out of anger and a part of me doesn't want to get her in trouble for just being what she is - a kid. On the other hand, BAllys chose to hire her to represent them. Therefore, BAllys is the real issue kid or not. I told her that if I pursued this she could get into trouble and my decision would be based on how things went with our talk. Althogh she gave her name, I asked her for her employee ID # and she refused. Although she admited her behavior was unjustified, she did not apologise (and I shouldn't have to ask for an apology). There also seemed to be a slight attitude. Taking all that into account, I'm taking massive action.

First, I'll call the corporate office and make a complaint. Then I'll demand that I'm informed what the specific consequences will be for her. If I'm satisfied, it will end there. If not, I'll tell them that I'm going to make a complaint to consumer affairs and get legal information about how this can be pursued until I'm satisfied with an outcome. I'm pulling out all the stops. I'm definately going to follow through and see it through. I think I was fair by talking with this kid they hired as a manager but again, I got no apology from her and there seemed to be a smug air. I gave her the opportunity to do the right thing and I got no appology and she seemed rather indifferent and she almost seemed to be trying to assume the role of "appeaser." LoL. At least I gave her a chance. I'm satisfied that I was fair and I let her have some control over the ultimate consequences for her. She made her choice and now I'll make mine.

*Goodcents drifts off to wtf land* (stolen from an earlier quote from tai )

RA
    That's what you would do huh? Interesting. We definately make different choices probably because we understand the situation in a much different way. The part about holding the gym up from closing is completely irrelevant to the main point.

I understand the situation at least as good if not better. Explain how holding up the gym is irrelevant.

You understand at least as good if not better huh? That's not my impression at all.

How is holding up the gym irrelevant? Again, what's relevant is that an employee wrongfully stopped me from entering a gym one half hour before closing time. So my question to you is how is holding up the gym relevant? Who said I would hold up the gym? It's just irrelevant.

I understand the situation at least as good if not better. Explain how holding up the gym is irrelevant.

RA
    You understand at least as good if not better huh? That's not my impression at all.

How is holding up the gym irrelevant? Again, what's relevant is that an employee wrongfully stopped me from entering a gym one half hour before closing time. So my question to you is how is holding up the gym relevant? Who said I would hold up the gym? It's just irrelevant.
    And your impression is the only one that counts hey?

I understand it because in my job I deal with people overreacting all the time and you fit the mold. So she fukked up and you called everyone cept the president. To me thats a major overreaction. You pull her aside and tell her she fukked up. If she does it again then I would take some type of further action.

The other problem is that you asked for opinions in this thread but anyone who had a different one than you got ragged on or belittled. Im guessing your always going to have relationship problems bro. Sorry.

Btw, she would not be a manager at 18 anyway, at most she would be the assistant manager but probably just filling in. Did you call on Monday and ask for the gm?

I understand it because in my job I deal with people overreacting all the time and you fit the mold. So she fukked up and you called everyone cept the president. To me thats a major overreaction. You pull her aside and tell her she fukked up. If she does it again then I would take some type of further action.

The other problem is that you asked for opinions in this thread but anyone who had a different one than you got ragged on or belittled. Im guessing your always going to have relationship problems bro. Sorry.

Cripple fight (btw guys, don't get banned, then I will have no one to talk to )

No problem. I guess I'm just talking about something else. Thanks for sharing your point of view.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Cripple fight (btw guys, don't get banned, then I will have no one to talk to )

Who you callin a cripple?

*group hug* The tea is on the stove and I sent some chic to get the cookies

For those of you that grasp the principle guiding my actions thanks for the helpful feedback. I'm definately going to follow through out of principle.

Lol. Yeh, as you can probably tell,
    LOL I knew it - its a hell of a ride aint it Mikey?

You definitely have a genuine grievance but sometimes its worth taking a step back and examining why you are reacting as strongly as you are - sometimes one must have an impression of their impression (if that makes sense)

Although easier said than done, can't argue against my own argument (and yours for that matter). Just alot of stuff coming down on me at once least of which is this silly Ballys b.s. What did it amount to? So far one month free membership. I'm going to follow up further by talking to a particularly receptive Ballys rep and see how that goes but as far as the consequences for her, I'm getting the impression there's little that can be done.

LOL I knew it - its a hell of a ride aint it Mikey?

You definitely have a genuine grievance but sometimes its worth taking a step back and examining why you are reacting as strongly as you are - sometimes one must have an impression of their impression (if that makes sense)

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

You remind me of one of them "tough guys" who go around and try to belittle others. Was what she did 100 percent right? Well if your a lawyer/tight @$$ then no she was in the wrong. Can you drop it now? Ohhh i forgot your trying to show us "principle."

I am sure you are 100 percent right in everything you do.

Hey bro. Sorry that I rubbed you the wrong way. I'm definately don't think I'm 100% right. I know I'm far from perfect. And, if you read through my posts below, you'll see that I agreed that my emotions are way out of proportion with the incident. It's a rage thing and it's a side effect. Comes with the territory and I really have a hard time with getting a handle on it.

But I was getting at something else too and I sensed that some people completely understood that and I appreciated that because it's always a good feeling when you feel understood. Where there's misunderstandings that only makes me feel all the more appreciative of a point well taken. Don't take it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    You remind me of one of them "tough guys" who go around and try to belittle others. Was what she did 100 percent right? Well if your a lawyer/tight @$$ then no she was in the wrong. Can you drop it now? Ohhh i forgot your trying to show us "principle."

I am sure you are 100 percent right in everything you do.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I'm not sure what and how I'm going to pursue this problem and the point of this post is to put out a "feeler" for suggestions and responses. Consumer complaints against Bally's seems common at least that's what I hear with consumer affairs. There are gays screwing in the men's locker room (I've once seen two guys jerking off and watching each other in front of a locker at Lakegrove Ballys in New York. No kidding.) They don't have proper ventilation in the cardio area either.

Anyway, this is what happened. On Sat, I entered ballys at 7:30 and the gym closes at 8:00. A manager there, a female who looks about eighteen years old, tells me that they are closing at 8:00 and she's sorry but she can't let me in. I say, the bottom line is that closing time is at 8:00 and I'll leave before that time. She says, "sorry, I can't let you in." I say, I've paid to use these fascilities during operating hours so you do what you have to do and I'll do what I have to do. Sorry, nothing personal." Then I walked in and had a great arm blast. I simply ignored her and did my thing.

I felt angry though and I decided to follow up on it so I called a different ballys and asked a manager there if there was a closed door policy one half hour before closing time. She said that there wasn't. I called another Bally's to confirm that. Then I even called corporate headquarters and they said the same thing. Apparently this manager was acting presumptuous and creating her own rules and for me, that's a problem that I'm not going to let it slide.

What I want is very clear: I want an explanation as to how she was justified telling me I couldn't enter the gym a half hour before closing when there's no such rule. So I'm going to go there and meet with her (with a third party present to protect myself from the possibility of slander) and I'm going to make a request for a satisfactory explanation that justifies her action. I'll tell her, if she can't provide one I'll call corporate headquarters and get one from them. I'll keep calling until someone gives me an explanation that justifies her action. If I don't get what I want, I'll file a complaint with consumer affairs (I'm going to tell all Bally's employees that this is my intention).

Now, this may all sound crazy to you, like, why is this guy making a big deal out of such a trivial incident. Here's why. I simply feel like I was singled out by this person and she made herself into an obstacle. As a manager, she represents Ballys corp. so my issue is with Ballys corp.

Why would a manager do such a thing? She's just a kid and I get the feeling she has too much time on her hands and she's trying to use me to create sensation. One day she looked over and smiled at me and I didn't return the smile because I don't feel friendly when I'm training and I choose to keep to myself in the gym. I'm entitled to make that choice and if a manager doesn't like it that should be her problem not mine. The problem is, she's trying to make it my problem. When I walk by she seems to make a point of staring through me. It's a curious thing but I was indifferent to it because it doesn't create an obstacle for me. But telling a paying member that he can't enter a gym during biz hours? Now we have a problem and problems are meant to be fixed. Again, it may sound too trivial for the follow up but I'm going to take care of this purely out of principle. Any reactions or suggestions?
    Bally's is not and never has been a serious gym. A lot of gay guys join ballys because it's a known hook up spot. I would never train there. If I were you I would not file a complaint about the manager not letting you enter the gym at 7:30pm. I would file a complaint about men jacking off and having sex at the gym. To me, that's the bigger issue. That is TOTALLY unacceptable! If I saw something like that I would A) yell something to embarrass the people doing it and B) walk into the managers office and point out the people.

File a complaint. Demand that it stops and demand your membership fees refunded.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

I always appreciate and respect your response and I think you're right. How can I prove that I witnessed it though. This happened last year and I don't even see those members anymore. Yeah, Ballys does have that rep about being a gay hookup place but no one told me. I had to witness it first hand and it's definately not fair. I change in the stalls now. But this incident with the kid - I just want to take her to task in as much as I can. She should be held accountable, IMO, and I'll follow through until I'm satisfied. I'm going to contact as many reps as possible and I'm going to fax a written complaint. I filed a complaint with consumer affairs and it's just adding one more to the heap of complaints against Ballys. So far, I'm getting a month free membership out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Bally's is not and never has been a serious gym. A lot of gay guys join ballys because it's a known hook up spot. I would never train there. If I were you I would not file a complaint about the manager not letting you enter the gym at 7:30pm. I would file a complaint about men jacking off and having sex at the gym. To me, that's the bigger issue. That is TOTALLY unacceptable! If I saw something like that I would A) yell something to embarrass the people doing it and B) walk into the managers office and point out the people.

File a complaint. Demand that it stops and demand your membership fees refunded.

Although easier said than done, can't argue against my own argument (and yours for that matter). Just alot of stuff coming down on me at once least of which is this silly Ballys b.s. What did it amount to? So far one month free membership. I'm going to follow up further by talking to a particularly receptive Ballys rep and see how that goes but as far as the consequences for her, I'm getting the impression there's little that can be done.
    Dude, I applaud you for addressing the issue and not letting yourself be treated that way but now, for your own mental health, accept the fact that she is an 18 yr old who made a bad call and leave it at that, you have a free months membership - would it really give you satisfaction to see her fired?

I agree but I really do want to make sure she is held accountable. When the rep called her she said it was 15min. prior to closing. Can't blame her for lieing. I'm lucky she's not completely slandering me. That's happened to me before and that was an astounding experience. When a person slanders the slandered has little defense in the court of public oppinion. People believe what they hear uncritically. Karl Rove routinely turns this to his advantage.

Dude, I applaud you for addressing the issue and not letting yourself be treated that way but now, for your own mental health, accept the fact that she is an 18 yr old who made a bad call and leave it at that, you have a free months membership - would it really give you satisfaction to see her fired?

deadlifts is offline Banned
    I agree with you that is b.s. but she is just a stupid 18 year old kid. sometimes you just gotta let things go, i mean shit happens in life and if we all get worked up and frustrated over it it just makes our lives more stressful. i'd just tell the manager of the gym and be done with it.

I agree but I really do want to make sure she is held accountable. When the rep called her she said it was 15min. prior to closing. Can't blame her for lieing. I'm lucky she's not completely slandering me. That's happened to me before and that was an astounding experience. When a person slanders the slandered has little defense in the court of public oppinion. People believe what they hear uncritically. Karl Rove routinely turns this to his advantage.
    So how would you like to see this all ending Mike?

so how did you get a free month? Only area directors can approve that because you are under contract even if you are on renewals.

Give it up mike, I was going down on her underneth the front desk when you came in and she wanted me to finish ps actually use to get blew behind the desk while swiping cards They had a high desk that was covered underneth so was no problem

I with you on that point but I'm choosing to follow up. Incidentallly, she is the manager. There you go, Ballys hires bratty kids to manage their club.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlifts
    I agree with you that is b.s. but she is just a stupid 18 year old kid. sometimes you just gotta let things go, i mean shit happens in life and if we all get worked up and frustrated over it it just makes our lives more stressful. i'd just tell the manager of the gym and be done with it.

One month for free and little consequence for the brat. Nevertheless, I'm resolute about holding her accountable and I'll persist on that goal. We'll see what that amounts to. Maybe not much.

So how would you like to see this all ending Mike?

mick-g is offline Associate Member
    Let it go bro. She is just a young kid and prob just moody or smart ass like alot of younger ppl these days. Ive seen it many places, and its how their parent bring them up. I don't think it merits you going that far. Im sure there are larger suits being brought against them.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your desicion is in fact your desicion, however, I must point out that this girl did not deny you access to the gym. She simply stated that the gym was closing, and you couldn't come in. You ignored her request and worked out anyway. Did she stop you? No. And when you came in, she didn't say "Hey asshole! Were closed! Get the FVCK OUT!" And then, after it was all said and down, you take her aside, talk down to her, then threaten her job? I know you didn't yell or curse at her, but what you did was still uncalled for. I think you are picking on her because she is a young girl, and you can be intimidating. Would you have done the same thing if it was an older guy? You said you are tired of being walked on, and I would totally agree with you, but I don't think you were walked on. The initial confrintation was the girl saying you could not come it, you came in anyway, you won. So why are you still fighting it? Like I said before, rise above it.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Your overreacting.
    I don't think so. He keeps the strict workout routine,he spends time getting to the gym plus gas is not cheap either, he knows the hours, he pays for gym access, he has a total right to use it in hours of operation. She cannot make her own rules, if so, well she has to open her own business.
    Thing is, I wouldn't waste my time botherting with the complaint, because it won't do sh!t anyways.
    Last edited by UberSteroids; 06-13-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information