Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids
    I don't think so. He keeps the strict workout routine,he spends time getting to the gym plus gas is not cheap either, he knows the hours, he pays for gym access, he has a total right to use it in hours of operation. She cannot make her own rules, if so, well she has to open her own business.
    He did use it, no one stopped him. They just told him he couldn't, he ignored he and worked out anyway.

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    Would I do it if it were an older guy? Sure. I'd feel more comfortable if it were. I didn't talk down to her at all. I reasoned with her. I did so because I wanted her to acknowlege a wrong doing against me. Although she did, I also simply wanted her to apologise and if she had I'd have pursued it no further. I wasn't going to ask for an apology, of course, I just wanted to give her the opportunity to do the right a wrong before I took further action. She chose not to and now I choose to take further action. I think I was fair by giving her the opportunity and I mentioned to her that I really didn't want to get her in trouble. She simply didn't take responsibility for her behavior and apologise.

I sensed unwarrented animosity behind her behavior too. As I've said, she made a point of staring through me. That's ok with me but I draw the line when an employee oversteps due bounds when I'm a paying gym member. This girl had more than one opportunity to act responsibly and she simply chose not to.

A manager is a representative of Ballys and as such she's there to fascilitate a paying members gym experience and not become a hindrence by creatomg make-believe rules. Ballys chose to hire her to represent them so Ballys is accountable for her actions and wrongful action should have consequences IMO. She's clearly willing to over step due bounds and BAllys is responsible and I want the satisfaction of knowing that Ballys disciplined her so that such behavior doesn't happen again (against me or any other paying gym member). I think that's a fair and reasonable deal and I stand behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by king6
    Your desicion is in fact your desicion, however, I must point out that this girl did not deny you access to the gym. She simply stated that the gym was closing, and you couldn't come in. You ignored her request and worked out anyway. Did she stop you? No. And when you came in, she didn't say "Hey asshole! Were closed! Get the FVCK OUT!" And then, after it was all said and down, you take her aside, talk down to her, then threaten her job? I know you didn't yell or curse at her, but what you did was still uncalled for. I think you are picking on her because she is a young girl, and you can be intimidating. Would you have done the same thing if it was an older guy? You said you are tired of being walked on, and I would totally agree with you, but I don't think you were walked on. The initial confrintation was the girl saying you could not come it, you came in anyway, you won. So why are you still fighting it? Like I said before, rise above it.
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 06-13-2007 at 07:46 PM.

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    He did use it, no one stopped him. They just told him he couldn't, he ignored he and worked out anyway.
    Why would they say he couldn't? She can remind him that they close at 8:00Pm. That's about it. Can't tell him not to enter.

True but it bothered me enough obviously. If this little brat gets away with one thing who's to say she won't try something else. I guess there's more to it as well. I mentioned earlier that she one day looked over and smiled. I just got off a leg press and my reaction was just to avert my eyes as I was irritable and feeling agressive. She seemed to take that personally and subsequently started the "stare through" behavior. This is a manager! Why not just remain proffesional and neutral? No problem there. Then, I see her sometimes in the office looking out at me and talking with a fellow employee and they look over with grins and smirks. No problem there either. Annoying slightly but not too much of an issue. I'm not at BAllys for a popularity contest. It's all about me and I'm entitled to that. But if you add to that presumptous behavior, now we have a problem.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    Would I do it if it were an older guy? Sure. I'd feel more comfortable if it were. I didn't talk down to her at all. I reasoned with her. I did so because I wanted her to acknowlege a wrong doing against me. Although she did, I also simply wanted her to apologise and if she had I'd have pursued it no further. I wasn't going to ask for an apology, of course, I just wanted to give her the opportunity to do the right a wrong before I took further action. She chose not to and now I choose to take further action. I think I was fair by giving her the opportunity and I mentioned to her that I really didn't want to get her in trouble. She simply didn't take responsibility for her behavior and apologise.

I sensed unwarrented animosity behind her behavior too. As I've said, she made a point of staring through me. That's ok with me but I draw the line when an employee oversteps due bounds when I'm a paying gym member. This girl had more than one opportunity to act responsibly and she simply chose not to.

A manager is a representative of Ballys and as such she's there to fascilitate a paying members gym experience and not become a hindrence by creatomg make-believe rules. Ballys chose to hire her to represent them so Ballys is accountable for her actions and wrongful action should have consequences IMO. She's clearly willing to over step due bounds and BAllys is responsible and I want the satisfaction of knowing that Ballys disciplined her so that such behavior doesn't happen again (against me or any other paying gym member). I think that's a fair and reasonable deal and I stand behind it.
    I think it was good that you confronted her about the situation. The problem with people is that they don't like to be corrected, and they don't like to be told they are wrong. If you try and hunt for an apology, you might get it, if you challenge her for an apology she might get defensive and not comply. I do traffic details with security sometimes, when we have a road blocked off and people ask to go through I tell them the road is inaccessable, and they comply and turn around. If I tell them they simply can't drive through, then they challenge my authority. Some don't, it all ***ends on the personallity. Maybe this girl is one of those personallities.

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Nice work Mike, hopefully youll get that month for free, but knowing Ballys they wont do shit to her i imagine, at worst she might get a write up....

CD

I agree. I'm the kind of person, however, that loves to be corrected. If I hear a more compelling argument or reasoning and I can't think of a good counter-argument, that's always my gain. Win-Win. Debate is fun and that's how I learn things. The point of me making this post is to see if it would provoke another way of seeing things. I like to suspend judgement and get feedback before I have a "base for action." Anyway, I definately don't want to hunt for an apology. It's self-evident that I deserve one and I don't want it to be forced. I think I can couch things in such a way that Ballys will respond but I might be wrong. It will be fun to give it a go but Ballys is a biz going bankrupt with scores of complaints against. Ultimately, I'm probably wasting my time if you think about outcome. I like the idea of giving it a go just because I feel strongly about it.

I think it was good that you confronted her about the situation. The problem with people is that they don't like to be corrected, and they don't like to be told they are wrong. If you try and hunt for an apology, you might get it, if you challenge her for an apology she might get defensive and not comply. I do traffic details with security sometimes, when we have a road blocked off and people ask to go through I tell them the road is inaccessable, and they comply and turn around. If I tell them they simply can't drive through, then they challenge my authority. Some don't, it all ***ends on the personallity. Maybe this girl is one of those personallities.
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 06-14-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information