skr0w is offline Associate Member

Yankees=Best Sports Franchise Ever!!!

I just want to say that the Yankees are the best sports franchise ever. They bring in the most money and no matter where you go in this world they know who the Yankees are. So yankees fans show me some love.

BTW, Boston SUCKS!!!

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I would bet Manchester United brings in more money AND more people throughout the WORLD know who they are.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    The Montreal Canadiens are a close second I believe but I agree soccer is much more popular then baseball.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    wrong forum. tho i dont disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    The Montreal Canadiens are a close second I believe but I agree soccer is much more popular then baseball.
    Never heard of them

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    don't forget the dallas cowboys. love 'em or hate 'em THEY are the marquee franchise in all of sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    the nhl is all but dead right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    don't forget the dallas cowboys. love 'em or hate 'em THEY are the marquee franchise in all of sports.
    Cowboys were gonna be my second choice.

Last time i checked the Yankee franchise was worth the most over 1.2 billion dollars followed by the Cowboys. I don't know if thats only in the usa though.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by skr0w
    I just want to say that the Yankees are the best sports franchise ever. They bring in the most money and no matter where you go in this world they know who the Yankees are. So yankees fans show me some love.

BTW, Boston SUCKS!!!
    Too bad you guys just cant beat the Angels.......

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    7 w's in a row kiddd

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    Too bad you guys just cant beat the Angels.......

LOL how may championships do the angels have???
    They do give us a hard time though.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Get real. your like 9 games back!
    Red Sox Dominate. You cant deny it

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Yankees suck! They haven't won a world series this century and they always get spanked by the Angels. A bunch of overpaid bums with obnoxious fans. In case I haven't made myself clear, I hate the Yankees! Mussina will never get his world series ring, NEVER!

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"

BTW, Boston SUCKS!!!

amen!!!

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    Get real. your like 9 games back!
    Red Sox Dominate. You cant deny it

Quote Originally Posted by lightwaytbaby
    For now we are

GETINLARGE is offline Junior Member
    yankees suck......go red sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah I like the them as well, ever since Vladdy Guerrero joined them.

LOL how may championships do the angels have???
    They do give us a hard time though.
    They have been around more than twice as long and they were playing for decades when there were only like 16 teams, Im sure that made it much easier. Yankees aint shit now, even with all their all stars.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Lets go Blue Jays!

so this has turned into a new york vs. boston thread. in that case, go sox!

GETINLARGE is offline Junior Member
    so this has turned into a new york vs. boston thread. in that case, go sox!

no we are talking!!!!

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    man i hate the yankees.....they should win because they buy out the good players and have like their own all star team,, its bullshi t...if they yankees dont win every year something is very wrong THEY SHOULD WIN geez.... anyone who did not come up on their farm team is a sell out, especially Johnny Damon what a sellout piece of trash, he has a picture of the last supper in his house with the heads of all his Boston teammates then goes to the Yanks... sellout punks

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    ohh i dont think i mentioned, **** the yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    ohh i dont think i mentioned, **** the yankees
    i agree!
    the yankees are the perfect example of you can't always buy championships. every year they have the biggest payroll and every year they come up short.

i agree!
    the yankees are the perfect example of you can't always buy championships. every year they have the biggest payroll and every year they come up short.
    thats a poor excuse as a hater of the yankees. gotta come up with something better. they do have big name players but the payroll is more of an issue of overpaid contracts. arods contract which actually isnt that bad because texas pays for alot of it. but what they pay clemens, what they pay to that ahole pavano, giambis contract. they just have a problem giving people more money then they deserve. if you think about it they have more guys that came up from their own system then youd think.

PeteyK is offline Associate Member
    yankees are garbage

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyK
    yankees are garbage
    Professional sports are garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    thats a poor excuse as a hater of the yankees. gotta come up with something better. they do have big name players but the payroll is more of an issue of overpaid contracts. arods contract which actually isnt that bad because texas pays for alot of it. but what they pay clemens, what they pay to that ahole pavano, giambis contract. they just have a problem giving people more money then they deserve. if you think about it they have more guys that came up from their own system then youd think.
    i never said that i hated the yankee organizition. my 2 favorite ballplayers of all time are joe morgan and a yankee micky mantle. i have no problem saying babe ruth is without question the greatest ballplayer ever and mantle and dimaggio are top 10 ever. i do however think it's unfair that they are able to spend twice and in some cases 4x as much on their payroll as other teams. i don't hate the yankees i actually root for them, to lose and they are very good at that.

i never said that i hated the yankee organizition. my 2 favorite ballplayers of all time are joe morgan and a yankee micky mantle. i have no problem saying babe ruth is without question the greatest ballplayer ever and mantle and dimaggio are top 10 ever. i do however think it's unfair that they are able to spend twice and in some cases 4x as much on their payroll as other teams. i don't hate the yankees i actually root for them, to lose and they are very good at that.
    i can agree that i think there should be a cap at some point in baseball. the thing is that there are still a handfull of teams besides the yankees that are willing to put high price tags on people. look at the red sox spending 100mil on an unproven pitcher with like a 5 era. then the other teams that have shown they will spend, the mets, angels, cubs, dodgers, youve even got toronto spending the money these days. the reason the yankees get all the hype is because of the new york media. if the yankees decide to pay a player 20mil a year,that player would have gotten like 17 from any of those other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    They have been around more than twice as long and they were playing for decades when there were only like 16 teams, Im sure that made it much easier. Yankees aint shit now, even with all their all stars.
    ....how many rings do they have???

People can't bash george s. for spending the money the fact is that other owners have money but don't want to spend it. Has george pushed it to far with the yankee pay role? yes he has but he also has the most valuabe franchise in baseball.

People can't bash george s. for spending the money the fact is that other owners have money but don't want to spend it. Has george pushed it to far with the yankee pay role? yes he has but he also has the most valuabe franchise in baseball.
    i agree with you 100%. the guy has the money most owners don't and he's willing to spend it and he spends it for one purpose, to win. what fan wouldn't want an owner like that? if there wasn't a salery cap in football jerry jones would be getting every big time free agent because he has and would spend the money because he wants to win badly. there is a salery cap in baseball as far as i know but all an owner has to do is pay a huge luxery tax to exceed the cap.

i agree with you 100%. the guy has the money most owners don't and he's willing to spend it and he spends it for one purpose, to win. what fan wouldn't want an owner like that? if there wasn't a salery cap in football jerry jones would be getting every big time free agent because he has and would spend the money because he wants to win badly. there is a salery cap in baseball as far as i know but all an owner has to do is pay a huge luxery tax to exceed the cap.

i agree there does need to be a salary cap, becuse next thing you know these guys are going to ask for 100 million a year. It's getting crazy guys bitch becuase their only making 10 million a year. Hell i'd give my left nut to make 500,000 a year. greedy bastards.

....how many rings do they have???
    Their first and only title came in 2002 after laying a whooping on the Yankees in the ALCS, then the Giants in the World Series. They have a good shot at another one this year, their pitching staff is doin alright.

i agree there does need to be a salary cap, becuse next thing you know these guys are going to ask for 100 million a year. It's getting crazy guys bitch becuase their only making 10 million a year. Hell i'd give my left nut to make 500,000 a year. greedy bastards.
    Yeah I hate the guy, but if you have the means then why not? Id be doing the same thing.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    wahoooo. i started a bashing of the yankees. I love it!!

And Always Remember:

Thread Information