Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    thats just the kind of shit we hate

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    I'm getting one as soon as I can get to the store. It's a tax write off for me (thanks Brian!).
    Nice! Right now the Apple stores are sold out of the 8 gig model. They only have the 4 gig in stock. Your best bet would be to call the stores or order online. AT&T is quoting 3-5 days for delivery.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    I'm getting one as soon as I can get to the store. It's a tax write off for me (thanks Brian!).
    Nice! Right now the Apple stores are sold out of the 8 gig model. They only have the 4 gig in stock. Your best bet would be to call the stores or order online. AT&T is quoting 3-5 days for delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla
    Didn't they give you some kind of discount on the I-Phone for signing up with a 2-year contract?
    No, the phone is not subsidized. You can sign a 2 year contract or you can do prepaid. AT&T is keeping prepaid on the low and not telling people because they want them to sign a 2 year contract. Prepaid, you get less minutes but you can cancel at anytime without a penalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    doesnt the phone itself, plus a year of service cost 1500 $$? thats crazy

total bullshit how their not honoring the list
    $60 a month includes all of the features I posted above. $60 is actually pretty good compared to other smart phone plans.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGirl
    i'm getting one....

i'm sure i can con some random guy to buy one for me
    Women...

BuffDJ is offline Associate Member
    I don't believe that they sold over 500,000 phones in 3 days. Damn that's nuts.

Buff

manwithin is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffDJ
    I don't believe that they sold over 500,000 phones in 3 days. Damn that's nuts.

Buff
    As of now I see 8,000 of them on ebay and they aren't selling well at all. I bet alot will be returned this weekend so just go into any apple store this weekend and I bet you will be able to get one...

Quote Originally Posted by manwithin
    As of now I see 8,000 of them on ebay and they aren't selling well at all. I bet alot will be returned this weekend so just go into any apple store this weekend and I bet you will be able to get one...
    They are not selling well on ebay because they are asking ridiculous prices. I I saw some listed at $800-$1,000. The apple online store shows 2-4 weeks for shipping but people who placed orders are getting emails saying they should receive them in 5 days.

Apple May Have Sold 700,000 IPhones, Beating Estimate

July 2 (Bloomberg) -- Apple Inc.'s initial iPhone sales may have beat analysts' top projections, suggesting Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs will reach his goal of making mobile phones as profitable to the company as computers and the iPod.

Shoppers may have bought as many as 700,000 units over the weekend, Goldman Sachs Inc. analyst David Bailey said, twice his projection of 350,000. Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster pegged sales at about 500,000, more than twice his original 200,000 estimate.

More than a third of Apple's 164 stores were out of stock by last night, according to the company's Web site, leaving buyers in states such as Hawaii, Nevada and Utah to try AT&T Inc. stores. AT&T, the exclusive provider of wireless service for the iPhone, said most of its 1,800 stores sold out within 24 hours.

``This is a very successfully handled launch,'' Munster, based in East Palo Alto, California, said in an interview today. He's rated Apple's shares ``outperform'' since June 2004. ``The real sign of success would be what kind of legs this product has in 2008 and 2009. In 2009, we estimate a third of Apple's sales will be from iPhone. This is a huge product.''

J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.'s Bill Shope said sales may have reached 312,000 in the days following the device's June 29 debut. American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu, who called his initial 50,000 estimate conservative, said in a note today that Apple may have sold five times as much.

Shares of Cupertino, California-based Apple fell 78 cents to $121.26 at 4 p.m. New York time in Nasdaq Stock Market trading. They have gained 42 percent since Jobs unveiled the combination iPod media player and phone on Jan. 9.
    700,000 iPhones at an average of $550 comes out to $385,000,000.00 in one weekend!

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    They are not selling well on ebay because they are asking ridiculous prices. I I saw some listed at $800-$1,000.
    The highest price 'supposedly' paid so far on ebay was $12,500. ****ing ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist
    The highest price 'supposedly' paid so far on ebay was $12,500. ****ing ridiculous.
    That is nuts considering Apple stores still had stock Friday night. Like I said, I got to the store a little before 8pm and I had it in my hands about 15 minutes later.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    That is nuts considering Apple stores still had stock Friday night. Like I said, I got to the store a little before 8pm and I had it in my hands about 15 minutes later.
    I don't understand it either. I mean you have to have some serious money to drop over 12 grand on a phone that you could easily find for $600.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    ^^ makes a nice convo piece for your upcoming episode of "cribs".

Stock is offline Member
    My buddy just got one, and I played with it for a while. I would get one, except for one issue. NO replacement insurance is being offered by AT&T. I go through a phone each year, and I pay for the monthly insurance. I could not afford to go through 2-3 per year @ $600 per phone. Maybe when they offer replacement insurance, I'll reconsider.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    700,000 sold is crap.

***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    700,000 sold is crap.

No it's not.

http://news.google.com/news?um=1&tab...C000%20iphones

manwithin is offline Associate Member
    700,000 sold is crap.

700,000 in 4 days is far from crap..... That's 243 iphone sold a minute... Now apple makes a healthy 50% profit on both versions of the iPhone sold... That’s about 175 million dollars profit.. on second thought that is crap, lol

And here is a easy way of finding a iphone
    http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/

You guy's can have your iPhone, i'm waiting on the Microsoft version. That way I have a reliable product that is worth the $600 price tag.

*Sits back and waits for shit storm to fly*

You guy's can have your iPhone, i'm waiting on the Microsoft version. That way I have a reliable product that is worth the $600 price tag.*Sits back and waits for shit storm to fly*
    Microsoft ... reliable. PURE COMEDY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manwithin
    700,000 in 4 days is far from crap..... That's 243 iphone sold a minute... Now apple makes a healthy 50% profit on both versions of the iPhone sold... That’s about 175 million dollars profit.. on second thought that is crap, lol

And here is a easy way of finding a iphone
    http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/
    Friday night the Apple store 5th ave averaged 1,000 sales an hour. They had my money within 2 minutes after walking into the place.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    How's that bicycle working out BTW?
    Pretty well. I take it out to the lake every now and then -- not as much as I used to, but it's still fun.

Here's a pic of one . . . that's not me, but my bike is just like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who else is buying an iPhone?-bicycle.jpg  

It looks like the iPhone will be in Europe soon.

Vodafone to declare iPhone deal on Thursday?

The worldwide cellular carrier Vodafone may be about to announce a European hosting deal for the iPhone, say sources close to one website. newswireless reports that the company is merely waiting for American sales of one million units to be achieved, at which point it hopes to announce Vodafone, T-Mobile and Carphone Warehouse as distribution channels. With the record sales of the iPhone, this may be achieved as soon as Thursday; legal wrangling may yet cause a delay however, since one source notes that a contract drafted in Germany did not meet the approval of Vodafone's English lawyers.

Also threatening plans is the dwindling availability of the iPhone, since while Apple's inventory locator showed 100 percent availability on Saturday, this figure has fallen to 42 percent, and could sink further. Should a delay happen, Vodafone may have to announce a deal next week, or go ahead this week while using a different publicity hook, somehow exploiting the number of iPhones ordered.

The possibility of the announcement is buoyed by positive statements from Vodafone's German chief, Friedrich Joussen, and the identification of T-Mobile Germany as a candidate by the Rheinische Post. The paper is suggesting a November 1st launch for the European iPhone.

Microsoft ... reliable. PURE COMEDY!!!

I knew you would like their model.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information