Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
that 80% of our turnover was from manufacturing R/C cars ( radio control) big expensive ones that are about three feet long 25lbs with a 4 hp weed eater type motor ( i helped design) the are exacting specs of the full version counter parts ( I had to go to mercedes ,Ferrari , Peugeot, also romero and so on to get the rights to produce the exact body replicas ( and to give then royalties on it..) My factory does work with ducati Ferrari and many others ( factory in bologna italy right near ducatia and not far from ferries) these cars are not toys and price ranges from $800- $4000. These cars are all aluminium with real diskbrakes they are a piece of art really. I have sold my rc cars to many famous people nascar drives , rappers , sports legends. I had a hobby shop also at the begin and the news media would sit in front of my shop waiting to see who would show up. I would have to call the guys and let them know medias out front and have to sneak them in the back. I live near Daytona beach and every time the nascar drivers where in town to race daytona they where over at my shop like a kid in a candy store. There here in FL to race the daytona 500 and they are more into making sure the talk to me about setting the r/c up and getting all the spare parts they need( they would come into town and want me to meet them at my shop at some crazy hours there blowing my phone up please can I just meet you at you shop ( I am thinking these guys are in FL to try and win the daytona 500 but make sure they have their R/c shit covered ( too funny). I have become very close friends with some of the orlando magic basket ball players ( former ones and ones still here in o-town).. Oh well just alittle bit about myself..

Merc
Wow that's crazy, I used to be into R/C cars when I was younger. It's crazy how intricate some of those things can get. I just had a battery powered guy (Tamiya Stadium Blitzer) but I remember seeing ones that actually ran on gas as well. It was fun, and maybe some time down the road when I have more free time I'll get back into it. What's the name of your company? Are your cars available in the Hobby magazines or is it more of a specialty thing?