Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    batlin is offline Associate Member

How to pick up women in gym?

OK, got a question for you all.. me being in my late 20's and every single one of my friends is married or engaged.. it makes it hard for me to get out to the bars / clubs to meet women.. pretty much the only place i have is internet (for which i really dont like) and well the gym.. I have never been a big fan of picking up girls at the gym since it is sorta a place you go to get a workout and that is it, but there are some HOTTIES there.. I have done it a few times, but i have always had an "in" due to the fact i knew the person from somewhere...
    Anybody have any good recommendations on how to go about meetin women at the gym? I am not much into lines, so i never know of a good "in" (something to talk about without seeming cheesy) if i have an "in" (ie: i have met the person before or seen the person before) then it is easy.. but what do you guys do when you see a hottie and just wanna get her digits...

Thanks all

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Pull out your gun on em .... The one in your pants not your arms ...Works well at my gym... lol.

J/K

Merc.
    Last edited by Merc..; 08-25-2007 at 10:23 PM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Just start flirting. Find one smile at her when she looks and go from there. Say hi.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Ha, I walk around campus and sometimes at the gym listening to standup comedy. I just have a smile on my face all the time, either the girls will smile back and say Hi, and then there I go, or they think youre weird haha

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    just offer help or give some advice

Hmm, I am not the most talkative guy in the world and dont exactly have the gift of gab, so i am looking for things to start conv. about.. If i have a way to start the conversation then i am golden.. i just feel weird going up to a random chick and saying hi, my name is.... I see guys do that in the gym all the time and laugh cause i know the chick wants nothing to do with him.... i dont want to be THAT guy
    Last edited by batlin; 08-25-2007 at 10:31 PM.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by batlin
    Hmm, I am not the most talkative guy in the world and dont exactly have the gift of gab, so i am looking for things to start conv. about.. If i have a way to start the conversation then i am golden.. i just feel weird going up to a random chick and saying hi, my name is.... I see guys do that in the gym all the time and laugh cause i know the chick wants nothing to do with him.... i dont want to be THAT guy
    Well dude, I understand. but you are going to HAVE to take risks if you want to pickup a new girl. if you get rejected it really doesnt matter. Too many fish in the sea bro. Hell, you will probably find alot of engaged/married women in the gym too, and they prolly wont have their ring on b/c they are working out.

Never have a plan about what to talk about. Just come up with something on the fly. If they are doing the treadmill thing in front of a TV comment on something on the screen. Tell them a big storm is coming in or something else about the weather like its hot as hell. If they got a T-shirt on that has a university or something on it ask if they went there. Those are just examples bro.

Maybe that helps..

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    If that doesnt work just email you and I will send you phone numbers. I work at a local bar as a bouncer so I get alot!!! And remember: fat chicks need love too!!!! haha

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i get rejected all the time!

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    itz a bad place to pick up a woman on so many levels.
    don't shit where you eat bro

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    i get rejected all the time!
    what else is new

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I find chicks to be all business in the gym, tough egg to crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    Yea thats what I was thinking.. but with it being my real only outlet these days (sucks) sometimes I'll see someone and be like "damn!" i am not saying i want to use it as a meat market, i am just asking in the instance i do see someone that perks my interests.. whats the best way to go about it...

guess i just need to man up he he he

thanks all its been much appriciated

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    If that doesnt work just email you and I will send you phone numbers. I work at a local bar as a bouncer so I get alot!!! And remember: fat chicks need love too!!!! haha
    Yea i Know the fat chicks need lovin.. and that is what I have been doing for the past few years... I am try to move from grade F (suitable for human consumption) to grade b (wont kill you if they get on top)

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    What ever happend to just going up an introducing youself,You sald that you've seen guy's introduce themselves an you know the girl wants nothing to do with them .But atleast there trying,the closing ratio is most of the time gonna be not as successful as others but you must try.I found that the bar is the easiest cause that's what woman expect when there at the bar and are more open to meeting people.Stop being scared of rejection buddy you'll never know unless you try.Woman are the most insecure people on the planet so flattery isn't a bad conversation starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    this is true.. theres this lil hottie at my gym.. EFFIN FIT hard core i think she competes.. i see here there some times 2x a day... but i think she is like 17?! LOL

i make eye contact w/ her allll the time.. and unlike most girls.. she doesnt do the "TURN AWAY REAL FAST SHIT" hell no.. she stares back.. in the beggining she would like look away first, but now i think im the prey >:[

skares lil tai

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    this is true.. theres this lil hottie at my gym.. EFFIN FIT hard core i think she competes.. i see here there some times 2x a day... but i think she is like 17?! LOL

i make eye contact w/ her allll the time.. and unlike most girls.. she doesnt do the "TURN AWAY REAL FAST SHIT" hell no.. she stares back.. in the beggining she would like look away first, but now i think im the prey >:[

skares lil tai
    So show her your sword

Quote Originally Posted by dedic8ed1
    So show her your sword
    its a dagger.. but it still kan hurt u!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Start off with this joke:

What has two legs and eats ants ? Uncles !!

Blog Entries
    Yea some girls are there to just train ...

But there is alot of girls that dont know what their doing so they are looking for help. There's your in..

I find girls can be intimated (especially when they dont know what they are doing) so it may seem like they are a harder egg to crack but in reality they are thinking the same exact thing as you...

Now thier not going to stand there with their mouth open drooling all over you ( I have seen this happen I swear) but they might be checking you out and if your not paying attention you can miss it..

There are girls I have dated that I met from the gym and when I get to know them I asked them questions and they all have said the same thing.. They think guys are there just to train and dont wont to be messed with. They all also say that when the see a hot guy working out it is very intamidtaing to them... And that makes them kinda nervous and shy ...

Just make eye contact smile . If they really look lost approach them and ask if the need some help learning how to use some of the fitness machines..

Merc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Start off with this joke:

What has two legs and eats ants ? Uncles !!

LOL

HAHAHA

Merc.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Just start flirting. Find one smile at her when she looks and go from there. Say hi.
    I agree with gixxer. Before I got married I hooked up with probably 5-6 girls from the gym. I would always spend a few weeks just making eye contact and smiling, then I would start a casual conversation, then it would just escalate from there. As for you saying that you can only meet girls at the bars and clubs its my opinion those are the girls you be young and have fun with, they are not the girls you marry though.

customworksking is offline Associate Member

Wink chicks

Candy and a Hammer..........

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer

skares lil tai
    rofl let her get ya tai....nothing better for us than a fit chick

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc.
    Yea some girls are there to just train ...

But there is alot of girls that dont know what their doing so they are looking for help. There's your in..

I find girls can be intimated (especially when they dont know what they are doing) so it may seem like they are a harder egg to crack but in reality they are thinking the same exact thing as you...

Now thier not going to stand there with their mouth open drooling all over you ( I have seen this happen I swear) but they might be checking you out and if your not paying attention you can miss it..

There are girls I have dated that I met from the gym and when I get to know them I asked them questions and they all have said the same thing.. They think guys are there just to train and dont wont to be messed with. They all also say that when the see a hot guy working out it is very intamidtaing to them... And that makes them kinda nervous and shy ...

Just make eye contact smile . If they really look lost approach them and ask if the need some help learning how to use some of the fitness machines..

Merc.
    good advice......the first part though i'll comment on....see the girls that are actually there to train are the ones you wanna get so how in hell can you strike up a convo with them when they're into gettin themselves in shape as much as you....i know i don't **** around at the gym when i'm on my A lift game

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Eh, i have strucken up conversations with the dedicated girls, im usually impressed that I see a girl who works as hard as I do in there, that usually goes over well. Though my conversations occur when its just us in an area by ourselves, i rarely just walk up to anyone.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I think going up and trying to "help" them is a bad idea for many reasons.

no no! women love to be told how they are doing things wrong!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    good advice......the first part though i'll comment on....see the girls that are actually there to train are the ones you wanna get so how in hell can you strike up a convo with them when they're into gettin themselves in shape as much as you....i know i don't **** around at the gym when i'm on my A lift game
    Good point ...

When I am working at the gym some of the Hott hardcore chicks are already digging on me so they approach me and strike up the convo ..

Merc.

Blog Entries
    Thats why I said if they look REALLY LOST !!!!!!

Merc.

Blog Entries
    no no! women love to be told how they are doing things wrong!
    HAHAHA

When it comes to getting in good shape women like to listen and are much more open than to other things...

This is a reason why alot of clients at the gym are women..

Most girls dont want every little detail of how it all works . They want you to tell them what to eat , how to workout ( and watch them to make sure there doing it proper, ).

It is a totally different ballgame when you work at the gym when it comes to this subject.

Merc.
    Last edited by Merc..; 08-26-2007 at 07:35 PM.

Juicy J is offline Associate Member
    tell a girl to do bench, and make a little hole in your shorts, that way when she looks up, she'll get the one eyed suprise

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Fart really loud and then blame it on the fat kid by you. Then protect her from the fart. You'll be her Superman.

ps: I've never been good at picking up women, THEY pick ME up. HEYOH!
    Last edited by StoneGRMI; 08-26-2007 at 08:30 PM.

gya321 is offline Member
    My friend met his wife at the gym. Im in the same place though. There are some cute women that theres really nothing more than a "hi" there and there are others in which conversation just flows. Thats where its at

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    have your nuts hang out of your shorts...i hear it works...

Quote Originally Posted by lightwaytbaby
    have your nuts hang out of your shorts...i hear it works...
    What NUTS?!

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    lol that works too

bowonly is offline Associate Member
    Take it slow.. eye contact, smiles, good morning!!! After a bit, start talking... chics in the gym love to be told they a LOOKING GREAT!!!

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexed
    lol that works too
    helz ya it does...

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    I love when people ask how do I pick up women *at the gym* or *at the club* or *at school* and for some odd reason they think when a woman walks into the gym her "horny switch" shuts off.

Any woman loves the random sweep me off my feet experience. The key word there is *random. The thing you need to understand is roles can be broken easily. Not rules.. roles. We walk around switching roles all day. You don't act the same role you do in church as you do at the club. BUT the common denominator is we are all human.

We all THINK THE SAME despite how we act. You ever been in church and popped a boner? (I think it happens to me everytime I'm at church actually) Our bodies don't care where we are. So you don't need a miracle pick up gym formula. But you do want to tone down the way you act compared to if you were at a club where everyone is more high energy.

One thing I've learned in life is NO MATTER WHERE I AM, conveying certain traits to almost ANY woman can lead to me fvcking them. They can have a boyfriend or a husband, they can even be a virgin but if you are asking how to pick up women *at the gym* you're actually asking "how do I pick up women in general". And you are not going to learn a line, or a phrase, or even a paragraph to magically seduce a women into your bed if you can't do it this second.
    Its a PROCESS.

You need to be confident, most women I've met like a *little bit of cockiness but not THAT MUCH. Humor, MASCULINE (that means try not to say crap like "excuse me" or "please" or "I'm sorry" too much.) A true man doesn't apologize for what he wants from life. And a true man makes very little mistakes BECAUSE even when he DOES his mind is too strong to see it as a mistake.
    Women WORSHIP guys like that.
    You want an element of mystery to you, find out about her while revealing very little about yourself. Make her beg just to know how old you are or what you do for a living.
    But PLEASE, do not go on about what you do for a living, its BORING and too many guys will burn that subject with a woman in like 5 seconds. Talk about interesting things, not common shit like the weather or sports. Women LOVE when you make interesting or revealing observations about THEM.
    Its called a "cold reading".
    Women LOVE when a guy conveys that he knows what kind of women she is. Read horoscopes, they have cold reads that apply to EVERYONE. Chris Angel even did a show on this and some women bursted into tears cause he's so good at it.
    You want them EMOTIONAL. Not all LOGICAL and thinking about shit scientifically like I'm typing now. Logic is what stops them from having sex with you. A perpetual slide of emotions is what keeps them on thier toes and panties dropping.
    Negative tension is better than NO TENSION at all. What I mean is its better to crack a stupid little joke about her than to hold back and not say anything.
    TENSION is HUGE when it comes to bagging women.

Confidence causes tension, being THAT MAN causes tension, not being a soft little bitch causes tension. If she acts like she doesn't like something about you don't fvcking ask her if it bothers her. You have to make yourself the prize. You need to offer something unique that the last 50 jerk offs who she rejected didn't.

More than anything if you can truely understand all of what being a MAN encompasses in life, thats really all you have to be.

Cause what does a woman really want? A man. The problem is how many "men" now and days act like little girls. Its real simple but if you don't understand what a real man is you will have problems for the rest of your life picking up women untill you can truley be one.

And a sentence doesn't make a man. Months and years and even a lifetime is a lot of times what it can take.

-Bo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information