buffgator is offline king of mass

What do you guys do to get refocused

I just finished an intense bulking spurt for the last 5 months, and am burnt out now. I dont want to eat or go to the gym right now. I ended my cycle 3-4 weeks ago and am just cruising now. I bought my next cycle thinking that would get me pumped, but im still tired. What do you guys do to get pumped and refocused again?

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Look at pictures or see people in the gym that are bigger than me. Wanting to get bigger and stronger than anyone else always keeps me going, even when i just feel like stopping. Its all a mental game for me

billybambam is offline Banned
    I am different,... I look at myself... I see my improvements and that is what keeps me motivated,.. but I also am a performer and on stage infront of hunders sometimes thousands of people. So I have to keep my body looking a certain way just for the show.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    take a 7-10 days off from lifting weights every 5-8 weeks

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    yeh take a break ull start to miss the iron and be rearing to go again in no time

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    take 7-9days off

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Sleep for 7-9 days.... ;D

pretty much, i<3 bedsoars

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I walk through campus, or the gym and see all the guys that are bigger and more ripped than me.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg_28
    I walk through campus, or the gym and see all the guys that are bigger and more ripped than me.
    Sorry dude I walk through campus and I realize I am the biggest. But I know what you mean.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I hate you....haha just kidding man.

notus is offline Member
    Get back on cycle...????

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Agreed, a break off from the gym will allow for recovery plus you'll realize how you miss going to the gym (I definately need the gym to function). As someone said earlier, looking at were they are now compared to the past for motivation. For me this couldn't be any truer, plus keeping a training log helps a TON, I love looking back at the old weights I used to lift compared to how much I can now Also the pure fact that you want to be better than anyone else!

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    I took a week off, then got real sick and had to take another week off, now I'm feeling great again!

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I take some ECA.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    pretty much, i<3 bedsoars

Yeah I figured you would agree with that statement.... lazy tai

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    i went on vacation took two weeks off man I was glad to be back in the iron.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator
    Sorry dude I walk through campus and I realize I am the biggest. But I know what you mean.
    DAMN YOU!!!! im getting there though, i dont want to be the biggest just 225 and ripped, im 10-15 off that is all, as for wat to do, take a break like they all said, it will do wonders

BuffThaStuff is offline Associate Member
    would u guys consider taking a break while on cycle so ur body is as anabolic as possible?

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffThaStuff
    would u guys consider taking a break while on cycle so ur body is as anabolic as possible?
    I took a week off two weeks ago because my left rotator cuff was just killing me. I came back to the gym and was lifting MORE than I was before, and my shoulder felt fantastic.

BuffThaStuff is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    I took a week off two weeks ago because my left rotator cuff was just killing me. I came back to the gym and was lifting MORE than I was before, and my shoulder felt fantastic.
    were/are u on cycle?

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffThaStuff
    were/are u on cycle?

Yeah sorry I should have mentioned that. 600mg deca /week, 250mg test e/week. That was week 7 I believe I took off.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I'd say diet down for a bit, but I'm in caloric deficit right now and would rather chew through a plugged in lamp cord than go on starving like this.

I'd take a few weeks off and get some sun while it's still nice out.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i start re-focusing today. i had been "kinda" on a diet for a few months and it worked great. but for the last week i slipped...bad, and i feel it and show it. i will clean up my "kinda" diet and work harder. i havent been this lean since i was in my thirties, and felt this good cardio wise either

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    Yeah sorry I should have mentioned that. 600mg deca/week, 250mg test e/week. That was week 7 I believe I took off.
    Shouldn't that be the other way around (ie; maybe 600mg/wk of test and 400-500mg/wk of deca ).

mavsluva is offline "Gone but not forgotten" 10/11/07
    You could easily sit around and wait for a life threatening event to reinstill the motivation that you're currently lacking. Or, you could make the best use of the tools and gifts that you were given to the best of your ability starting today. Because the day you stop attempting to better yourself both physically and mentally is the day you start dying.

Good luck!

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    Shouldn't that be the other way around (ie; maybe 600mg/wk of test and 400-500mg/wk of deca).
    why bro?, the old test must be higher than deca just isnt so.i did the same cycle and had no probs with libido and had nice lean gains.deca affects natty test levels but has no effect on exogenous test levels.

boarder034 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mavsluva
    You could easily sit around and wait for a life threatening event to reinstill the motivation that you're currently lacking. Or, you could make the best use of the tools and gifts that you were given to the best of your ability starting today. Because the day you stop attempting to better yourself both physically and mentally is the day you start dying.

Good luck!
    easy there socratees, or should we go shakespeer and say you begin to die from the day you were born lol

Quote Originally Posted by boarder034
    easy there socratees, or should we go shakespeer and say you begin to die from the day you were born lol
    Say what you want to say, but when you lose your health like I have, you reflect back on the times when you wish you would have worked even harder when your good health was available.

Oh i agree lol, and not just in health/welness but in mental stibility too, i didnt appreciate an education till after i graduated highschool, and look forward to taking full advantage of a college education, i was just in a funny mood this morning when i wrote that, no hard feelings, still agree with you

ohhhhh shi*t is that your avatar, damn what happened bro...

Quote Originally Posted by boarder034
    ohhhhh shi*t is that your avatar, damn what happened bro...
    Yes, that's me. I had brain surgery about a month ago. My health is not good and my days of exercise have pretty well come to a close. Hence the nature of my original post within this thread.

Back on topic now.

to recap, taking time off is CRUCIAL. you need DOWN time to regroup and prep for your next bout. alot of times i will "Burn out" after a 6-10week phase of intense dieting (could be bulking or cutting)... and more oft then not it seems i make my best gains... or most noticable body composition changes during my time of rest... i will take anywhere from 1-2weeks off of lifting but do occasional cardio to maintain stamina/endurance/mental fortitude.
    as you advance and become a seasoned lifter you will LEARN TO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY for it knows best and when it needs time off then TAKE TIME OFF.
    i have trained non stop for the past .. 11 years... longest amount of time i took off was when i broke my hand other then that i have only taken off 1-2 weeks every 2-3 months and its only when my body says its time to rest and recover. growing and getting stronger is a long battle and consistency is the only way to get there kuz nothing happens over night... sadly.

to recap, taking time off is CRUCIAL. you need DOWN time to regroup and prep for your next bout. alot of times i will "Burn out" after a 6-10week phase of intense dieting (could be bulking or cutting)... and more oft then not it seems i make my best gains... or most noticable body composition changes during my time of rest... i will take anywhere from 1-2weeks off of lifting but do occasional cardio to maintain stamina/endurance/mental fortitude.
    as you advance and become a seasoned lifter you will LEARN TO LISTEN TO YOUR BODY for it knows best and when it needs time off then TAKE TIME OFF.
    i have trained non stop for the past .. 11 years... longest amount of time i took off was when i broke my hand other then that i have only taken off 1-2 weeks every 2-3 months and its only when my body says its time to rest and recover. growing and getting stronger is a long battle and consistency is the only way to get there kuz nothing happens over night... sadly.
    i think this is a pretty hard concept to grasp for a lot of people, myself included. its hard to take time off because you feel like not being in the gym is detrimental to your gains when in fact it is the exact opposite. ive been bulking for about 9 months now and i should probably take a break.

"you dont grow in the gym slick"
    them there best quote i ever heard

"you dont grow in the gym slick"
    them there best quote i ever heard
    i think its just the mental aspect of thinking since you arent moving any iron, that you cant be growing. luckily i havent overtrained yet and i watch how my body is feeling. maybe a nice week off is in order

Thread Information