Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    massattack is offline Female Moderator

Any Play the stock Market here?

You know what's better than big muscles? A big bank account.

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    I was a full time day trader for a year. Now I just trade the mornings. Market has been good lately. Seen people in my office have some $25k days with all this volatility. They are eating up those China stocks that have been in play.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    lol i'm doin stock research right now actually

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    im looking into it right now actually, i regret not buying ericsson stocks couple of years ago when they were lower than a dollar, i would have been
    $14k richer right now. i recently discovered that the stock is going down again, so if it gets as low as last time im buying big time(selling the car etc etc)..

i'm on stockpckr lookin at what else Carl Icahn has a stake in....i think i'm gonna drop kohls on monday to free up some funds and get into something else.....COP had a big drop on friday.....so did slumberjet......from earnings.....but i think they're a good company and it's a perfect pullback to buy on i think....specially with oil bein so damn high now

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    im looking into it right now actually, i regret not buying ericsson stocks couple of years ago when they were lower than a dollar, i would have been
    $14k richer right now. i recently discovered that the stock is going down again, so if it gets as low as last time im buying big time(selling the car etc etc)..
    isn't ericsson the stock that lost over 30% the other day? i wouldn't buy that ****er.....

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by massattack
    You know what's better than big muscles? A big bank account.
    Both is nice. That way you can appeal to all types of superficial women.

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    isn't ericsson the stock that lost over 30% the other day? i wouldn't buy that ****er.....
    lol thats the one, nah no problems, they always manage to get back up. ericsson is like the swedish pride, they would never let it go bankrupt

lol thats the one, nah no problems, they always manage to get back up. ericsson is like the swedish pride, they would never let it go bankrupt
    well i wouldn't buy it.....what do they do anyway?

I've been playing pinks steady for about 2 years now, waiting for that big lotto ticket. I've had a few that I've cashed in on. In fact, this week on one of my pinks just might make me some serious cash, as they just did a reverse merger.

wanna go swedish buy ABB i'm up like 7% in it

I've been playing pinks steady for about 2 years now, waiting for that big lotto ticket. I've had a few that I've cashed in on. In fact, this week on one of my pinks just might make me some serious cash, as they just did a reverse merger.
    wtf is a pink and how do you trade it?

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    well i wouldn't buy it.....what do they do anyway?
    they make cellphones Ericsson/SonyEricsson... never heard of it lol?

a pink (pink sheet)is a microcap company. A microcap company usually is a startup company that nobody knows about. Depending on what sector you play, medical, tech, bio, fuels, etc... You have to careful with pinks as 90% fold within first year.
    Last edited by massattack; 10-20-2007 at 08:26 PM.

they make cellphones Ericsson/SonyEricsson... never heard of it lol?
    there's many better options....get in Motorola.....carl icahn is trying to get it split up big money......dunno bout the other manufacturers of celliies really....ohhhhh **** Rimm....research in motion....they make the blackberry.....awesome growth...the stock has been flyin

a pink is a microcap company.
    how do you trade them? i think cramer recommended one of these and i couldn't find it on scottrade.....wtf...

I trade on ameritrade. It's most likely the same way. You type in the ticker symbol you want to buy then you put the amount you want then you put it at a limit order then you hit send.

crammers an ah, i asked him for advice on one pink and he laughed at me. Can you remember the ticker he was talking about

crammers an ah, i asked him for advice on one pink and he laughed at me. Can you remember the ticker he was talking about
    no it was a while ago....some kind of little mineral play

I'm holding about 20 million shares of pinks. I've accumulated them over 2 years. I got about 15k tied up in them. With pinks you have to be patient. Presently two pinks I have are about to explode. One I thought was dead in the water, just did a reverse merger on Friday and it shot up a penny. There is a group of investors (about 30 of them) who are trying to buy up 9% of the company. They are predicting this company to go to a nickel this week and then cap out around 2.00. I'm holding a million shares presently. I can't until Monday to see what happens.

so you're playing penny stocks???

yeah but there is a difference in pennies. You have pinks, you have otcbb. Different reporting rules. Different requirements. Pinks are the first step on the ladder. I had a pink in 2001 which I bought for 0.25 and it shot up to 30.00 a share in 6 months then leveled out at 11.00 for 5 years. So it's like playing the lottery.

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    Penny stocks are a joke.. I mean they are fun if you are willing to sit in front of a computer screen and watch the charts all day doing technical analysis, but if you wanna make real money go with something a little easier to watch.. and if you are just starting out you def wanna stay away from pennies, they will eat you alive!!!

"a beginner's guide to short-term trading" that is a great book if you wanna get the basic info about the stock market and become a member of a good stock forum.

If you want look at plkc and ccmi. I'm not saying buy them, but it might be too late for plkc as it's set to explode next week. Just like aas, always do your dd and don't buy on what you read on message boards. Good luck to all

If you want look at plkc and ccmi. I'm not saying buy them, but it might be too late for plkc as it's set to explode next week. Just like aas, always do your dd and don't buy on what you read on message boards. Good luck to all

agree.. there is a lot of scams and spam out there but a lot of good info too..

TDCP is supposed to be huge!! I'm not sure when time wise but its supposed to be like the next google and its only $.30 a share and goes up and down, you can make a ton of money on this if you know how to flip.. they have a new 3D tech out with college research backing them up and such

And hurricane plays are amazing.. these are the companys that come in after a natural disaster. So all you do is buy them during the off season and sell them in july.. lots of times these will go up 200%

NSMG, WEGI, ECCI.. check them out

Yes, there are better venues to trade in than pinks. Like to thebucket21 said they are a joke and they will eat you alive. I don't sit in front of my computer all day watching the charts. I can as I'm retired but I don't. When I buy a pink stock I put money in that I can afford to lose, which offsets my other investments.

What I've been doing is I'll find a pink that's under a penny lets say 0.0001-0.0005 range. I'll buy 1mil to 2 mil shares of it. If and I say if it goes up 0.0004-0.0005 I'll sell half of what I bought and ride out the rest. So I've made the cash I put in back and I'm holding a good position if it explodes.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheBuckeT21
    And hurricane plays are amazing.. these are the companys that come in after a natural disaster. So all you do is buy them during the off season and sell them in july.. lots of times these will go up 200%

NSMG, WEGI, ECCI.. check them out
    like gulf drillers?

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I trade futures on the DOW, S&P and Nikkei (something.) I just wish I had more money to trade. I make at least 200 points per month, usually around 400 points. I don't normally trade stocks...

Do you trade on the Frankfurt exchange

Do you trade on the Frankfurt exchange
    You mean the DAX? Nah, I don't feel that any of the German indices are volatile enough to make as much of a profit as the DOW or Nikkei. I'm not an "expert" trader, though. I just taught myself.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I trade futures on the DOW, S&P and Nikkei (something.) I just wish I had more money to trade. I make at least 200 points per month, usually around 400 points. I don't normally trade stocks...
    Your making 200-400 points a month on the ES? Each point is $50 per contract. If you were only trading 1 contract at a time, you would be clearing $10k-$20k a month???

Quote Originally Posted by MotoXracer
    Your making 200-400 points a month on the ES? Each point is $50 per contract. If you were only trading 1 contract at a time, you would be clearing $10k-$20k a month???
    I'm trading e-mini futures. I don't have much money to invest right now... I only make 40k euro per year and kids are expensive.

The ES is the emini future for the S&P. The minimum trading size is one contract, worth $50 for every point it moves.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I am sitting on a bunch of Cisco stocks, they have gone up 40% in the last 12 months and we aint finished yet

The ES is the emini future for the S&P. The minimum trading size is one contract, worth $50 for every point it moves.
    Ah, yeah. Sorry. It's too early. I meant to say I'm mainly trading emini DOW futures (/YM) and occasionally the S&P and Nikkei. I wrote "something" earlier and meant "sometimes".

How long you been trading? How consistent are you? You ever heard of a futures prop firm?

How long you been trading? How consistent are you? You ever heard of a futures prop firm?
    I've been trading for about 6 months now. I started paper trading maybe 18 months ago. One of my bosses (who is a friend) actually got me into it.

I consistently make at least 200 points per month. My average for the last 6 months is about 350/month. Just recently I made 200 points in a day on the DOW, which was pretty cool. :-)

Never heard of a futures prop firm. What's that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information