Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

Have you ever had a weird experience happen to you, you cannot explain?

Okay, nothing too exciting but weird none the less. I'm sitting in the front room doing a late night Maths Assignment due in Friday lunchtime, and im mulling through a load of numbers when I very clearly hear a cough to the left of me as if it came from the recliner. I'm the only one in the room and infact the whole house. My first thought was the CD player had a bonus track on the CD I was listening to and something was about to start playing. Nope, all finished. So I check behind the sofas to see if its a cat. Nope, nothing there. I even open the front window and go outside to the front porch and check round the side of the house, nothing there.

I really cant find any explanation to what i've just heard. I just had a coffee so no, it's not me feeling tired. Anything similiar happened to anyone else??

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Nope it's all in your head due to religion telling you they're ghosts walking around and shlt. Means nothing to me, your mind is fuking with you because you let it. Let me guess, you believe in karma too

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
    Let me guess, you believe in karma too

thats funny

Nope it's all in your head due to religion telling you they're ghosts walking around and shlt. Means nothing to me, your mind is fuking with you because you let it. Let me guess, you believe in karma too

I didnt once say it was a ghost and i despise religion. Im surprise you dont worship the Sun God.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Was it more like a "meow" and did it look like this

There's been no unexplained coughs since I heard the mysterious first cough. OH WELL!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    I have been fortunate enough to witness, as well as survive, a lightening ball. A lightening ball, is "actually regarded by some to be a hoax or a myth" (wikipedia). Thats right, many people deny it, but I have seen it first hand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

their is the link to the wikipedia article, its very interesting, you should read it......what I would do is just copy and paste the link into adress bar. edit- just click the link

The way I saw it. i was about 8-10 years old. It was a very stormy summer day, very dark, very dreary. Raining hard. thunderstorms all day. I was at a babysitters, and we were all in a room watching tv, me and about 3-4 other kids watching nikelodian or some shit. I actually hated that channel at that age. The window was open, and through it came out of nowhere, a blue lightening sphere about he size of a soft ball. IT appeared to have a mind of its own. IT travled into the room, floating in mid air, approximately 3-4 feet above ground. It flew directly several inches right over this girl's head, stopped, and vanished into thin air

and ghosts do exist

fact

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Anything similiar happened to anyone else??
    Aside from the 2000 Presidential Election, not really.

But here's the place that can put everything into proper perspective:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    I have been fortunate enough to witness, as well as survive, a lightening ball. A lightening ball, is "actually regarded by some to be a hoax or a myth" (wikipedia). Thats right, many people deny it, but I have seen it first hand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

their is the link to the wikipedia article, its very interesting, you should read it......what I would do is just copy and paste the link into adress bar. edit- just click the link

The way I saw it. i was about 8-10 years old. It was a very stormy summer day, very dark, very dreary. Raining hard. thunderstorms all day. I was at a babysitters, and we were all in a room watching tv, me and about 3-4 other kids watching nikelodian or some shit. I actually hated that channel at that age. The window was open, and through it came out of nowhere, a blue lightening sphere about he size of a soft ball. IT appeared to have a mind of its own. IT travled into the room, floating in mid air, approximately 3-4 feet above ground. It flew directly several inches right over this girl's head, stopped, and vanished into thin air

That's really interesting and even if there will be a logical scientific explanation in the future for this phenomena, it's still damn interesting to know such a thing exists in the world. Just reading the wikipedia report now. As for Ghosts, i've never said I disbelieve in them, however I don't believe they're "messengers from the grave" or any crap like that. I don't know what they are, yet. Not everything in the universe can be explained.

Cool site by the way Tock, thanks for the link!

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    been to a ton of funerals and even seen people die, but not once have i seen/heard a "ghost" or anything similiar. i am the kinda guy that even if i did see one i would just assume it was all in my head anyways, because that would be the most probable answer anyways.

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    yes i have...
    when i was 16 my great auntie passed away. The morning the Dr. told us she had very short time left me and my father when to my aunties step sisters house to go and take her to the hospital, while in there waiting for her to get her coat she called me and said you know somethign i never like to see? i said what, and she pointed to the TV, on top was a old carriage clock that was not working, she then told me she does not like to see a clock stopping, it means that some one close to you is going to die. i thought yeah ok wot eva, and never thought anythign of it.
    We whent to the hospital and my Aunie had the death rattle, i was relaly upset but held it together and decided to leave and go to work to take my mind off it.

Few hours later i was cleaning in work and i was thinking about how long it was till dinner time (always checking the time with my watch). a while later i was sat on teh stairs of the hotel part and polishing the banister, i looked at my watch and it read 15 minuts later than the last tiem i checked. I paused for a second and thought when i last checked my watch, I assumed it was easlily 1hr+ since, i look at my watch again and pause for a moment while doing so.. the dispaly on the Casio was frozen, it was 11:43 and 47 seconds.
    I felt my breath go shallow as my heart beat started to race, i wen to one of the rooms where my best mate was cleaning, i said give me 20p he siad what for, i said again just give me 20p i need to call home.. so my other mate handed me one, i went to the arcade and called home, no answer, i called my grandmothers house and my mum answered, she said "is dad there", i said "no why", she said "he is on his way up to you, auntie dolly has died", so i asked what time died she die at, she said "im not sure", she asked her mother and then she told me "it was about quarter to 12" (11:45).

I havent told many people this... only a few people close to me. the ones who were there that day and witnessed it still cant believe it.

Following on from that, a few days later my faterh and I went to my aunties house to turn the water and electric off.
    She had a antique perpertual motion carriage clock on top of the fire place, that had also stopped working, i immediatley assumed it needed winding, it only needed winding once a year.
    My sister now has it, she has never been able to get it to work properly, she has taken it to a jewelers and he said it should work one as there is nothing wrong with it.
    Last edited by Odpierdol_sie!; 01-11-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Boo

Go to another clock maker

BodyByAAS is offline Banned
    Well, I dont believe in Ghosts but here is one for you...

I was 16 and on a school camping trip. We were up in this cabin in orange, NH. On top of a mountain, well..maybe 2/3rds the way up... there was a road that climbed up it and we were off to one side.. anyways, one night we were playing flashlight tag and my friend and I were walking up the road towards the top where it got very very dark and periodically we would shine the light into the woods to see if anyone was hiding. Well we turned and looked and instantly my friend and I screamed and took off running... This wasnt like a startle either....I know I personalyl had that overwhelming sensation of dread, or fear..almost like the onset of a panic attack. Now without either of us saying anything more then holy shit ****ing run!! we ran back to the cabin all freaked out and shit... I asked him what did he see... just so i could be sure it was the same thing I saw... he said he saw a man with glowing red eyes holding a knife standing next to a pile of bodies all in bloody white T shirts... Now, this was EXACTLY what i had seen, and I didnt tell ANYONE.. this was also only 5 min after what happened, if even that long so i knew I had a crisp image in my mind...

now how messed up was that..

Go to another clock maker
    What for?

^ you said the clock doesn't work anymore.

Clock jeweler, I don't know what you call it.

Clock jeweler, I don't know what you call it.
    No i doesnt work anymore, it winds ok and will run but stops after a while. It use to run constant for 364 days before and has done for probaly 70+ years. I guess you can say it is worn out or its all just one big coincidence, but on top of everything dont you find that is just a stab in the dark anwser.

Off subject but office depot wall clocks suck ass, never could get one to work for more than a few months!!!!!!!grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Odpierdol_sie! View Post
    No i doesnt work anymore, it winds ok and will run but stops after a while. It use to run constant for 364 days before and has done for probaly 70+ years. I guess you can say it is worn out or its all just one big coincidence, but on top of everything dont you find that is just a stab in the dark anwser.
    Maybe she was rewinding it and never told you about it, it's not something that normally comes up in a subject, my damn office depot clocks got to where they needed corrected every day when I came inIt was so easy and I was broke that I kept messing with it till I smashed them and got a good oneto replace them.

*Goodcents-mythbuster*

Quote Originally Posted by BodyByAAS View Post
    Well, I dont believe in Ghosts but here is one for you...

I was 16 and on a school camping trip. We were up in this cabin in orange, NH. On top of a mountain, well..maybe 2/3rds the way up... there was a road that climbed up it and we were off to one side.. anyways, one night we were playing flashlight tag and my friend and I were walking up the road towards the top where it got very very dark and periodically we would shine the light into the woods to see if anyone was hiding. Well we turned and looked and instantly my friend and I screamed and took off running... This wasnt like a startle either....I know I personalyl had that overwhelming sensation of dread, or fear..almost like the onset of a panic attack. Now without either of us saying anything more then holy shit ****ing run!! we ran back to the cabin all freaked out and shit... I asked him what did he see... just so i could be sure it was the same thing I saw... he said he saw a man with glowing red eyes holding a knife standing next to a pile of bodies all in bloody white T shirts... Now, this was EXACTLY what i had seen, and I didnt tell ANYONE.. this was also only 5 min after what happened, if even that long so i knew I had a crisp image in my mind...

now how messed up was that..

You both were raised on scarey movies and your mind played tricks on you, I have girls all the time get freaked out tanning thanks to that fuking movie final destination that they stop tanning. wtf? It could never happen the way it was portrayed either

convalescence69 is offline Associate Member
    well...
    Long ago when I was but a small fella, I came out of my room and walked down the hall. I saw my mother walking across the living room, I called out to her, said "hey mom, whatcha doin?". She paid no heed to what i was saying, looked rather odd, with a blank expression. She kept on walking straight ahead. I said "mom, what's wrong?". She went around the corner, I ran up quick, gone. No where to be seen, I was but 1 second from when she went out of my field of vision around the corner, she was just poof gone.
    I looked to my left, my mother was asleep on the couch.
    Well, that scared the shit outta me! But anyways, after putting some thought into it, I imagine it was her and she was, I dunno, projecting herself or something of that nature. Very strange...
    I've heard odd things, seen strange things, but that was the clearest memory I have of this type that I cannot explain away in any way whatsoever. Sometime in the mid/late teens the weird stuff slowed down and stopped altogether. Haven't had anything very whacked out happen since. Maybe the odd hair rise on the back of the neck or a strange feeling now and again, but nothing to that degree.
    You could get one of them digital voice recorder things, try catching an EVP. Look it up, try it out and let us know what happens.

They did a show (unsolved history) where they took a hollywood movie set house out in the country and had people believing someone was murdered in the house and after a few hours they were all convienced they had seen the same things

Off subject but office depot wall clocks suck ass, never could get one to work for more than a few months!!!!!!!grrrrr
    haha how random is that... The clock in the mess in my old station kept dissapearing and reappearing in the kitchen, so to counteract that i got some silicon and stuck the fvcker up there, never dissapeared again, but it doesnt work now for some reason.

I paid $130 for a huge wall clock from target and the damn thing runs perfect and looks cool in the lobby of my salon

convalescence69 is offline Associate Member
    I paid $130 for a huge wall clock from target and the damn thing runs perfect and looks cool in the lobby of my salon

Quote Originally Posted by convalescence69 View Post
    Grrrr, we were talking about clocks

Dude they saw you coming!!!!!!

It's huge, real wood with antique look. Have you priced large clocks lately?
    It says sterling and noble clock company.It's almost 3 feet tall?

Quote Originally Posted by Odpierdol_sie! View Post
    that's it, I was just about to correct my earlier post after I measured it and say it was 28" high but it's face is 25" I get alot of compliments on it, makes the place look more upscale

BodyByAAS is offline Banned
    Ghosts dont bug me, just Zombies...

I f**** HATE Zombies!

that's it, I was just about to correct my earlier post after I measured it and say it was 28" high but it's face is 25" I get alot of compliments on it, makes the place look more upscale

Very nice looking clock that mate.
    Anyone who dont know their clocks will think its ancient.
    Im trying to find a clock similar to the one that stopped working.

Very similar to this clock, not exact but to give you an idea of where do you start diagnosing the problem.

http://www.gutlin.com/stock_images/m...pages/1236.htm

facile is offline Member
    I am level headed and pretty much a skeptic, but I have had a few experiences in the past couple of years that made me a believer. Ghosts are among us!

Quote Originally Posted by facile View Post
    I am level headed and pretty much a skeptic, but I have had a few experiences in the past couple of years that made me a believer. Ghosts are among us!
    Yea i am in agreement here. I try not to believe, but ive had some things happen to me that suggests that all is not as it may seem.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Have you ever had a weird experience happen to you, you cannot explain??
    Yes. A woman touched my pee pee.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by facile View Post
    same right here!!!

I am level headed and skeptic as well......their is not rational explanation for some things.

UFO's are among us too.....

I hate to be claiming up and down not only ghosts, but UFO's also, and the lightening ball, but "it is what it is"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information