penalty for posession of a concealed weapon?

does anyone know the laws? i mean ill live with the risk of a 500 dollar fine or something small like that but if im in posession of a handgun in my car and a cop finds it could i go to prison?

its legal in Arizona to posess a handgun as long as your 18 or older and as long as its signed into your name as a "gift". but im almost positive you have to be 21 and have a concealed weapons license to cary it with you or in your car. but what would the penalty be?

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    I think if your walkin around with a pistol on you, you will get arrested. I know in Fla all you have to do is take a 3hr course and you can carry a pistol. And the only time I have the gun on me is when i'm goin to the range.

yeah, but i think you have to be 21 to take the course. hmm. looks like i got some reading to do.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Bro, a few days ago you had a thread about a gang fight in a parking lot, and now you are asking about a gun? Please think long and hard about your life at this point, you are young and a few wrong moves now could easily cost you and others for the rest of your life. I recommend hanging out with more mature people and getting a grip before you regret your actions. I don't mean to come across as flaming you, please don't take this the wrong way, I mean it for your own good. Just my 2 cents.

man your right ive come to realize this. changing social groups as we speak. but ever since all that shit with that stupid gang went down i wanna be safe. what if im in traffic and one of these hoodlums spots me out at a stop time and decides to pop off a few rounds at me. ill be damned if i dont return the love.

i seriously dont feel safe in this town anymore. i think a heater next to my center console would provide some re-assurance, even if i know ill probably never end up using it

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball_619 View Post
    does anyone know the laws? i mean ill live with the risk of a 500 dollar fine or something small like that but if im in posession of a handgun in my car and a cop finds it could i go to prison?

its legal in Arizona to posess a handgun as long as your 18 or older and as long as its signed into your name as a "gift". but im almost positive you have to be 21 and have a concealed weapons license to cary it with you or in your car. but what would the penalty be?

state to state..

If you have a concealed carry permit.. and you carry where you are not suppose to.. it's $35 per .. but that's in Minnesota
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    In arizona you can carry a handgun 21 and over. YEs you can have a side arm strapped on you but MUST be in plain site (cannot have one if the property or building you are going into has posted signs in regards to "no weaons on property"). If it is in your car, once again your fine. If you are caught and it is concealed WITHOUT a conceal carry permit in AZ then your getting a fine. There are no classes for anyone 21 and over in order to carry a handgun around. there are however classes on how to use it as well as teaching you the basics and laws of when you can and cant use it. There are many people in AZ with a handgun legal and illegal and will pop shots at you if you piss them off, i know idiots like this unfortunately. And for this reason I am also getting one, maybe 2 pistols, knowing when to use it is the key to owning a weapon, when your life is in danger ie, someone is shooting at you or pointing a gun to yours or someones head. Most fail to realize that a pistol is not for shooting someone because they cut you off in traffic so you have to be real safe down here. Dont know about under 21 but yeah consider changing your group of friends. And where the hell you been? havent seen you at the gym.
    Last edited by legobricks; 02-05-2008 at 08:51 PM.

man i got strep since saturday. manages to do legs on sunday, and did chest/tri's on monday. but missed work and gym today. ill be in tomorrow around 1.

for my 3 years of having a drivers license ive yet to be pulled over. and im pretty sure its 18 to own one here but 21 to buy. and our part of phoenix isnt too ghetto but there are some hoodlums around if u havent noticed. i try not to go out at night around the part of town our gym is in(thats were the gang incedent happened).

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    yeah its pretty ghetto is a lot of parts over there. kinda lame cus during the day its fine. Unfortunately there is a ghetto right across the street from me. BTW, i wont be in the gym tommorow, have to pull a double shift to have a 3 day weekend. ill def. be in thursday tho.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    In NY you get a cell mate

hey just feel lucky that were not south of the 10. crossing under the 10 is like crossing the border everyone here sais haha its true too

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball_619 View Post
    man your right ive come to realize this. changing social groups as we speak. but ever since all that shit with that stupid gang went down i wanna be safe. what if im in traffic and one of these hoodlums spots me out at a stop time and decides to pop off a few rounds at me. ill be damned if i dont return the love.

i seriously dont feel safe in this town anymore. i think a heater next to my center console would provide some re-assurance, even if i know ill probably never end up using it
    You are setting yourself up to possibly make the biggest mistake of your very young life. There are so many variables that can play into you getting a pistol and subsequently trying to use it in self defense. What are you going to do if you return fire and hit some innocent woman or even worse a small child?? You obviously don't have the shooting skills(no flame intended) to be out getting in gun battles on public streets. Why put yourself in that situation when you know your first reaction will be to grab the gun and start letting rounds go down range??

I hope you rethink this whole thing. I am very pro gun and anyone that knows me from the boards knows that I have seen my share of violent things, but you could spend the rest of your life in prison, dead, or even worse kill someone that's innocent, all for one minute of retaliation. I'd reconsider.

Just my .02

Doc M

Second2None is offline Banned
    in s. florida its 10-20-life for a gun crime only if your convicted
    10 years if you pull it out during a crime
    20 years if you fire it
    life if it hits anyone
    but thats only if its a crime
    now if you return fire thats different
    imo its better to have a gun and not need it, then need a gun and not have it
    good luck to ya bro
    i dont know how your gangs are there, but in miami/south beach you better have one
    Last edited by Second2None; 02-05-2008 at 10:35 PM.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Agreed...I dont believe anyone right out of high school is mature enough to own a firearm. It takes you a few years to shake that kid mentality, where there are no real consequences for your actions. At the most I'd tell you to carry a knife on you right now, with a blade that is a legal length in your state. It's much better than nothing and would definately help if you have to retaliate against several people at once, which is what most *****s in gangs do.

However, when you turn 21, I fully encourage you to exercise your 2nd amendment right.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M View Post
    You are setting yourself up to possibly make the biggest mistake of your very young life. There are so many variables that can play into you getting a pistol and subsequently trying to use it in self defense. What are you going to do if you return fire and hit some innocent woman or even worse a small child?? You obviously don't have the shooting skills(no flame intended) to be out getting in gun battles on public streets. Why put yourself in that situation when you know your first reaction will be to grab the gun and start letting rounds go down range??

I hope you rethink this whole thing. I am very pro gun and anyone that knows me from the boards knows that I have seen my share of violent things, but you could spend the rest of your life in prison, dead, or even worse kill someone that's innocent, all for one minute of retaliation. I'd reconsider.

Just my .02

Doc M

Well said, he needs to really think about this. I have ccw and avoid being around drunks, bars etc since it's almost guaranteed that some drunk would want to duke it out or something

Thread Information