MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries

Talking For All You Nutty CNS Burnout Believers Out There, Ronnie that means you!!!

A few Key points about neuro anatomy that may support the CNS burnout theory (Central Fatigue)

1. Neurons do not store there own glycogen. There support cells know as glial cells store glycogen and directly shuttle sugars to the neurons.

2. There are about 4-10 times as many glial cells as there are neurons in the brain. Neurons are so highly specialized that they have lost the ability to maintain themselves.

3. Neurons at any one time have about 10 times the amount of active transcribing DNA (euchromatin) for protein synthesis as any other cell in the body.

4. Some axons from the brain can stretch as far down as the feet. All proteins are made in the cell body of the neuron. They have to be transported from the brain to the end of the axon. These proteins travel at there fastest at up to 400 mm/day. The axon is a continuous unit from the neuron to its axon terminal where it synapses with other nerves.

Please check out my blog and leave comments. Even if you hate my shat at least post something on there......lol
    http://forums.steroid.com/blogs/musclescience/
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 05-29-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    This is why I'm a huge advocate of HIT training, to allow the CNS to recover between training sessions.

{ Sorry, I'm not a blog type poster :-) }

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    This is why I'm a huge advocate of HIT training, to allow the CNS to recover between training sessions.

{ Sorry, I'm not a blog type poster :-) }
    Not a problem, It takes time to research and write some of the stuff and it gets frustrating when no one comments... But really if someone gets some help thats all that matters to me.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    meh.....i wont buy it....i know what my body does...and it doesn't puss out

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    what exactly is the CNS burn out theory?

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    something that doesn't apply to people that train like animals

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    something that doesn't apply to people that train like animals

And I thought you talked like an idiot on MD. My word you just never quit, do you?

Blog Entries
    Basically the theory is that when you exercise vigorously that not only are the muscles being broken down and need some time of relative inactivity to repair so to does the nervous system. The fact that neurotransmitters are being produced and recycled continuously and that this process is not 100% efficient leads to the belief that over time just like how the muscles can be overtrained without enough rest so to can the nervous system.

There is actually a lot of research going on in this area right now. I for one was not a big believer in it until about a year ago. I thought that it was the stupidiest thing I ever heard until I looked at the research and really sat down and though out neuro anatomy better.

I should say that I am not 100% sold on the theory yet, more research in the area needs to be done. But so far the overall body of evidence is looking very supportive to some sort of CNS fatigue effect on training and growth.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 05-29-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: clearification

And I thought you talked like an idiot on MD. My word you just never quit, do you?
    not when i have an opinion not really no

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

I call one of the trainers at my gym "CNS" because i've watched him take women through routines

5 different exercises super setting shoulders, or chest, same deal, ridiculous.

These women look like they can barely lift the toilet seat, let alone a rigorous routine that most would find difficult..

Imagine doing
    4 sets 8 reps
    shoulders, military press db
    lateral raises
    side raises
    forward raises
    seated flys

Then we can finally move to walking squats..

perfect example = idiot

Poor woman will be in so much pain, she will never return to the gym..
    But i have caught him working out on his own.. he does a 2 part routine, what a *****..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

not when i have an opinion not really no
    Posibly if you voiced your "opinion" in a more educated mannor people would respect what you have to say. You were ran off MD for posting like this. If you held your own, you wouldn't have had to run to Adman to have people stop attacking you in the PIT. Apparently you don't learn from mistakes, do you?

Posibly if you voiced your "opinion" in a more educated mannor people would respect what you have to say. You were ran off MD for posting like this. If you held your own, you wouldn't have had to run to Adman to have people stop attacking you in the PIT. Apparently you don't learn from mistakes, do you?
    been here much longer.....carry some weight.....and the bullshit that's allowed there isn't allowed here

been here much longer.....carry some weight.....and the bullshit that's allowed there isn't allowed here
    I'm well aware there is a completely different set of rules. I'm not new here by any means at all.

Looking at your screen name, I didn't notice any unusual colors that would indicate "carrying weight". Whys that?

I'm well aware there is a completely different set of rules. I'm not new here by any means at all.

Looking at your screen name, I didn't notice any unusual colors that would indicate "carrying weight". Whys that?
    weight = 9400 posts..........and please quit trying to instigate....it's quite annoying

weight = 9400 posts..........and please quit trying to instigate....it's quite annoying
    It's an open thread and I shall post as I please. Is that understood Mr. 9400 useless posts?

You entered a nice thread and immediately sh*t on it. NOW I'm going to expose you to all here. Understood?

It's an open thread and I shall post as I please. Is that understood Mr. 9400 useless posts?

You entered a nice thread and immediately sh*t on it. NOW I'm going to expose you to all here. Understood?
    excuse me? you've high jacked this much more than i have you idiot.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    i live for drama

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    i live for drama

Nah, no drama, just fact that Ruhlfreak was ran off another board for posting things like" I want my GF to f*ck me up the ass with a dildo". Things of that nature. Basically he's a schmoe...

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    I call one of the trainers at my gym "CNS" because i've watched him take women through routines

5 different exercises super setting shoulders, or chest, same deal, ridiculous.

These women look like they can barely lift the toilet seat, let alone a rigorous routine that most would find difficult..

Imagine doing
    4 sets 8 reps
    shoulders, military press db
    lateral raises
    side raises
    forward raises
    seated flys

Then we can finally move to walking squats..

perfect example = idiot

Poor woman will be in so much pain, she will never return to the gym..
    But i have caught him working out on his own.. he does a 2 part routine, what a *****..
    what gym is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Basically the theory is that when you exercise vigorously that not only are the muscles being broken down and need some time of relative inactivity to repair so to does the nervous system. The fact that neurotransmitters are being produced and recycled continuously and that this process is not 100% efficient leads to the belief that over time just like how the muscles can be overtrained without enough rest so to can the nervous system.

There is actually a lot of research going on in this area right now. I for one was not a big believer in it until about a year ago. I thought that it was the stupidiest thing I ever heard until I looked at the research and really sat down and though out neuro anatomy better.

I should say that I am not 100% sold on the theory yet, more research in the area needs to be done. But so far the overall body of evidence is looking very supportive to some sort of CNS fatigue effect on training and growth.

o ya, absolutely agree with this 100%

after a hard workout such as squats, the day after, when the body is feeling week and tired, that cns breakdown imo....

also the day after squats, if another muscle is attempted to train, such as chest, and pressing is weaker than one might expect, thats nuero breakdown right there...

provided the squats were done right that is.

SmittyTheOX is offline Member
    Cheers mate, good read.

Anyone who doubts CNS burnout, speak with a powerlifter!!!

HORSE~ is offline yeah

He exposes himself every time he post....

LOL at 9400 post = Credibility

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    what gym is that?!
    LA Fitness.. yea yea.. but i can go there anytime of the day or night and it's not full of idiots, lunch, after work, anytime.. they have lower membership as it is a newer club..

You know the type of trainer, 5'10 170 lbs, doesn't know anything about nutrition, and is helping the woman to get "tone"
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by HORSE View Post
    He exposes himself every time he post....

LOL at 9400 post = Credibility
    yea....i'm myself here and always....lol i don't hide anything

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    MS... You've got a PM bro.

-CNS

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Nah, no drama, just fact that Ruhlfreak was ran off another board for posting things like" I want my GF to f*ck me up the ass with a dildo". Things of that nature. Basically he's a schmoe...
    Yo P, tell us how you really feel! lol

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmittyTheOX View Post
    Cheers mate, good read.

Anyone who doubts CNS burnout, speak with a powerlifter!!!
    Exactly!!!!! CNS burnout isn't really disputed in strength sports. Oly lifters, powerlifters, strongmen, throwers, football players, etc., all have training cycles based on the principles of preventing CNS burnout. There is a wealth of knowledge available from eastern european, Chinese, and former soviet bloc trainers and athletes that talk about this.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    And what kind of training should be done with CNS breakdown in mind? I try to avoid over training as much as possible, but don't really know if something is affecting the CNS.

My workouts usually are a body part a day no more than 12-16 sets.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron View Post
    And what kind of training should be done with CNS breakdown in mind? I try to avoid over training as much as possible, but don't really know if something is affecting the CNS.

Everything that I have read to date suggest that intense bouts of exercise have the same effect on the CNS as it does on the muscles. With that in mind proper rest and nutrition seem to be key in recover in both.

i think with cns burnout in mind, workouts shold consist of 4-6 work sets tops. 2-3 per muscle tops.....But that is just purely my own opinion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    LA Fitness.. yea yea.. but i can go there anytime of the day or night and it's not full of idiots, lunch, after work, anytime.. they have lower membership as it is a newer club..

You know the type of trainer, 5'10 170 lbs, doesn't know anything about nutrition, and is helping the woman to get "tone"
    LA Fitness

I tried a new one they build around my house. Within the first week i canceled and got all my money back. It was a prep-hang out, no thank you.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i agree with the cns theory but i dont necessarily tabulate my working sets and what not...i kinda go by how i feel.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    A few Key points about neuro anatomy that may support the CNS burnout theory (Central Fatigue)

1. Neurons do not store there own glycogen. There support cells know as glial cells store glycogen and directly shuttle sugars to the neurons.

2. There are about 4-10 times as many glial cells as there are neurons in the brain. Neurons are so highly specialized that they have lost the ability to maintain themselves.

3. Neurons at any one time have about 10 times the amount of active transcribing DNA (euchromatin) for protein synthesis as any other cell in the body.

4. Some axons from the brain can stretch as far down as the feet. All proteins are made in the cell body of the neuron. They have to be transported from the brain to the end of the axon. These proteins travel at there fastest at up to 400 mm/day. The axon is a continuous unit from the neuron to its axon terminal where it synapses with other nerves.

Please check out my blog and leave comments. Even if you hate my shat at least post something on there......lol
    http://forums.steroid.com/blog.php?u=58925
    LOL Muscle Science. Yes, I certainly agree in CNS burnout as well as joint burnout. This is why I have only one set to good failure per major bodypart when following the Slingshot Training Power-Lifting System and the Slingshot Strength Training System. I train just as many athletes as bodybuilders. Bodybuilding requires more sets too failure for hypertrophy where as strength training requires faster reps and avoiding good muscle failure.

Muscle burnout? Well...not as much, but it's there also.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

My suggestion is to steer clear of all beyond failure training techniques!

MATTMAN01 is offline Banned
    I"M 43 with a physical job (ceramic tiler) and train 3-4 nights/wk and take vit/min supps and eat clean no smoke or drink. If I do more than this for to long my immune system begins to break down and I notice I become susceptable to sickness like flu viruses or stomach infections. Whereas if I maintained the original regime no probs no matter how long. Then I tried ronnies one set to failure theory and found I could fit more cardio in w/out breaking down. Not sure if this is CNS related just an observation.Tiles are getting a lot heavier 5-6 kg each lay 120-150/day. Prolly should've put this on your blog sorry!

Blog Entries
    If you guys have any good scientific proof of this post some links. I am curious enough to read more into it.

Blog Entries
    If you guys have any good scientific proof of this post some links. I am curious enough to read more into it.
    Just do a pubmed or highwire search using the keyword central fatigue and you will get lots of stuff on it.

Blog Entries
    Just do a pubmed or highwire search using the keyword central fatigue and you will get lots of stuff on it.
    K thanks, i think its worth a read.

Blog Entries
    K thanks, i think its worth a read.
    Yeah its a new theory relatively speaking. Some of the best stuff Published are in Journal of Applied Physiology (J.A.P) if that helps your search.

Thread Information